As long as we're together {Pe...

By The_secret_pen

Gods, mortals, and demigods meet Percabeth in different situations. Some one-shots of a particular event in t... More

Chapter 1: Army
Chapter 2: Minerva & Co.
Chapter 3: Argument
Chapter 4: Olympic swimmer
Chapter 6: "You're such a Seaweed Brain!"
Chapter 7: Camp Under Attack
Chapter 8: Meeting Dr. Chase
Chapter 9: Aquarium fright
Chapter 10: An accident at preschool
Chapter 11: Evermore
Chapter 12: Reunion
Chapter 13: "When will you be home again?"
Chapter 14: Coming home
Chapter 15: The Hidden Hero
Chapter 16: Some things never change
Chapter 17: One more month to go
Chapter 18: Of royalty and love (Part I)
Chapter 19: Of royalty and love (Part II)
Chapiter 20: Of royalty and love (Part III)
Chapter 21: "I'm not a princess Daddy!"
Chapter 22: Estelle
Chapter 23: Capture the Flag
Chapiter 24: By Thanksgiving
Chapter 25: "Popular?"
Author's note

Chapter 5: Happily ever after

3.5K 46 21
By The_secret_pen

Annabeth sat alone in Cabin 6, crying. She just had this big fight with Percy, one of those that were not regular, but hit hard when they happened and where both she and her husband would scream at one another, leaving them both angry and sad at the same time.

"You only think of yourself! You don't ever pay attention to what I want." he had screamed. Percy never screamed. Well, he did sometimes but that was when he was very mad, but never had he screamed at her before. Ever. In all those years since they had first met, she was the one in the relationship that would. And now, for the first time, she had seen anger in his eyes, anger directed at her.

Percy was one of those people who almost never get annoyed, but when they do, Gods! She had never seen him like that. They had never argued that way since before their marriage, one year ago. And even then, she couldn't recall seeing him like that.

Today, Annabeth had yelled for so long that her throat ached. Her head hurt and she felt a migraine coming, which she had not gotten in a very long time and would rather not experience again.

"Annabeth?" she heard her half-brother, Malcolm, ask.

"Hm," she muttered, quickly drying her tears with the back of her hand. She hated it when people saw her cry. She was a Hero of Olympus, she didn't cry.

"What is it?" he questioned, with a soothing tone.

"Leave me alone. Don't touch me!" she got up and ran out of her cabin, fleeing everyone she knew, which was pretty much all camp. Her brother just stood there, a bit surprised. He just shrugged it off. He had learned long ago that his sister was unpredictable.

He saw her crush Jason and then running, her head in her face, trying to contain her sobs.

Percy was sitting against the wooden door of his cabin. Poseidon's cabin was the same as ever: low, long, and solid, with all the windows facing the sea. The outer walls were a rough gray stone with pieces of seashell and coral and looked like the bottom of the ocean.

On the inside, it has six empty bunk beds and the walls glowed like abalone. Poseidon had still not got any other children, so the cabin was pretty desert, with only Tyson coming from time to time. A few bronze Hippocampi hanged from the ceiling as decorations, along with unknown underwater plants and corals, sitting in the windowsill.

It was often that he and Annabeth bickered. Everyone joked that they acted like 'an old-married couple', although they had only been married a year ago, on their anniversary and his birthday. This time, it had been more than that. Usually, five minutes after their fight, they would apologize to each other and run to each other.

It had been an hour and they were still very mad at each other. Annabeth's pride made it hard for her to ever apologize and this time, Percy decided he would not be the one doing so.

At Camp, when the famous 'Percabeth' fought, everything seemed to go wrong: nobody laughed, the pranks stopped; the time just seemed to freeze.

When it lasted long enough as to be considered important, which meant more than ten minutes, people started to choose their 'team': they were either for Annabeth or for Percy. And then, it all got wrong. The fighting started to happen, screaming ensured and the whole camp was a mess. However, as soon as the fight was over, everything turned normal again and everything was forgotten.

"Percy" the young son of Poseidon heard. "Percy, are you okay? I saw Annabeth. Did you have a fight?"

"Please Jason, leave me alone!" He screamed through the door, hating how his voice trembled with emotion.

He heard his friend sight. "Don't forget, we have the counselors' meeting at eight, after dinner."

Turned out neither Percy nor Annabeth went to eat. Now, for Annabeth, that could happen; she sometimes worked and didn't notice the hours ticking by. But Percy? Percy was never late for lunch. Never.

Leo said he would go see if everything was all right. He found that Percy hadn't moved since Jason came, he just stared at the ocean, which was much more violent than usual, the waves crashing to the shore.

"Percy?" Leo tried. "There's the counselor meeting at eight. It's in," he checked his watch he had constructed himself, "two minutes."

After a lot of persuasions and a bit of dragging through the camp, Percy arrived at the meeting. He sat in his chair, which was facing Annabeth's. He looked towards his wife, who was staring at the wall next to him as if it was the most interesting thing in the galaxy. He kind of agreed with her if it meant that their eyes would not meet.

He tried to stay for a long time, but he soon found out he didn't listen to a thing they said. It was no use. He got up loudly and suddenly, all eyes were on him.

"I'm sorry, I just can't. I'm calling sick." he stormed from the from without turning around, slamming the door violently as he passed it. All the counselors, Chiron and M. D looked at Annabeth, who had obviously paled but was still staring at the wall.

"Annabeth, care to enlighten us?" Chiron asked the daughter of Athena.

She ignored him completely and kept to her close inspection of the blank wall. The meeting was tense and without Percy's humor, uneventful.

Even when Chiron suggested a 'Capture the Flag' game for when the Hunters of Artemis came, nobody said anything, they just nodded. The reunion was dismissed, Annabeth went to sleep in the Athena cabin for the first time in almost four years.

The next morning, both Percy and Annabeth came to breakfast looking exhausted. Both had tossed and turned in his bed, not getting any hour of sleep. Jason sat next to Percy. "Perce, you need to talk to her. This cannot go on. You have to talk this out, or it'll never get better."

"Maybe I don't want this to get better? Maybe I don't want to think about it?" Percy growled though both he and Jason knew he didn't mean a word of it.

On Athena's table, Piper was doing the same with Annabeth.

"Please Annabeth, think about it." Her friend pleaded, trying to use a few of her persuasion skills.

"No," Annabeth answered coldly, not even turning her head to look at her.

"Please, only a few minutes. Please?" Piper practically begged.

After what seemed to Annabeth hours of imploring, but that was, in fact, a few minutes, she gave in. Having finished eating, she got up, walked towards the Big Three's Table with all eyes except Percy's on her.

"Percy, can we talk?" No answer. Percy was still staring in front of him. Slowly, he seemed to realize that someone had talked to him. As soon as he saw Annabeth, his eyes turned angry, even furious, but was that a bit of regret in his eyes?

"Sure." He got up and followed her and they ended up sitting next to the lake.

"Percy." No answer. "Percy!" Still no answer. "PERCY!" Annabeth nearly yelled.

He looked at her, his eyes full of contained anger. "Yes, Annabeth? What is it? Did you finally decide to tell your husband what has been troubling you for the last month's weeks?"

"No." she snapped, without really thinking. He got up abruptly.

"See what I mean?" he sighed, running his hand in his already messy hair like he always did whenever he was frustrated. "You don't even tell me what it is. Don't you trust me?"

Annabeth's tone softened. "Percy, it isn't that I trust you. It's just ... it's complicated."

"Is it? Just tell me Annabeth. Please?" He looked at her with his baby seal eyes.

"Don't you dare do that face! It's serious!" she warned.

He didn't answer, instead, his face closed even more.

"Fine!" she stayed silent a few seconds, her eyes getting lost on the lake's blue surface. She could hear Percy passing next to her. I'm pregnant." She let out. Percy froze and sat instantly next to her.

"What was that?" he asked, his voice trembling slightly.

"I'm pregnant. I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier. It's just, I didn't know how to tell you and—" Percy cut her off with a kiss that showed all his passion, his love, and his joy.

Cheers could be heard from all the campers, but Percy and Annabeth didn't care, they just stared at one another, a big smile plastered on their face.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

414K 5.1K 32
Mortals, Demigods, and Gods alike meet Percabeth. This story is one of the top five banes of my existence but nevertheless enjoy!
317K 5K 31
Anything can happen in one shots, especially if it's Percabeth - written by 2014 madison. THIS IS SO OLD OMG. - all characters are rick riordan's :) ...
237K 3.2K 20
A cliché on how demigods meet mortals. The classic crushes and random encounters. Mostly one-shots. Please R&R. This was my first fanfic I had ever w...
306K 4.4K 25
Sequel to Mortals, Demigods and gods meeting Percabeth [completed] Mortals and demigods are still trying to break up Percy and Annabeth. The Aphrodit...