Dreams: Rewritten | Ninjago R...

By WriterAgreste

[Major editing in process] In the land of Ninjago, people aren't always good, some are bad, others can fit i... More

Standing At Cliff's Edge
To Leave Behind
Paper On The Wind
Razed With The Rubble
A Rude Awakening
Not All Who Slither, Lie
Perfect Recipe For Mischief
In For A Shock
Few Centimetres Apart
Unwilling Rollercoaster Rides
Between Sons & Fathers
Eyes of White-Hot Flame
Into The Serpent's Den
From Bad To Worse
Actions Have Their Consequences
Ninja ''Survive'' Real Life
Landlubbers Beware
Danger of the Doppelgängers
Woes of Finite Youth
What Broken Bones?
Paper Beats Rock
Retrieving The Scroll
Within The Undercurrent
It's MiCole Jackson!
Ticking Life Away
Sunglow Brilliance
Sweet Tea
Rebooted: The Bacteria Strikes Back
Storm of Emotion
Bruised
Storytime With Acidicus
The Digiverse
Arcturus
Space Ninja
Farewell
Purity, Virtue & Innocence
An Invitation
Snake Obsessed Dude
Lightning Vs Earth
Sister Versus Sister
Secret Alliances
Slither As Fast As You Can
Power Thief
Escape Attempt
The Greatest Enemy: Fear
Fight For Peace
The Moment He Waited For
Spooky Reasons
Ronin, I've Come To Bargain
Spooky Scary Temple
Ice-Scream
Writers of Destiny
It's a Trap
Utterly Riddled
Reverse
Queen of the Waves
Tea Time
Hi & Good Bi
Fame to Framed
Cat, Mouse & Fox
Behind Bars
Hexed
Checkmate
A ''Normal'' Day
Wishin'
Replacement Ninja Team, ASSEMBLE!
Nadakhan Will Pay
Day of the Departed
Memes and Ham Sandwiches
A Master's Secret Revealed
Blackout
Scrap Thieves
A Slow-Mo Fight
Attack on Temple
Risky Decisions
Stop, Wait a Minute
The Boiling Tea- I Mean Sea
It's Rewind Time
Enter Princess Pasta Hair
Simps and Explosions
The White Oleander
I Have Changed, Like You
You've Been Hacked
Quiet Wolf in Sheeps Clothing
If She Breathes-

Speed, I Am Speed.

5.7K 206 375
By WriterAgreste

Sheryl Crow - Real Gone

Well, here I come, and I'm so not scared

Got my pedal to the metal, got my hands in the air

Look out, you take your blinders off

Everybody's looking for a way to get real gone

Real gone

Lloyd struggled to keep himself steady while doing a handstand, the ninja and Wu balancing on top of the young to-be green saviour. Meanwhile, nearby, in the corner of the room, you observed, keeping an eye on the boy while Jay nervously did the same.

You built a Jenga tower piece by piece, bringing your attention back to it as you gulped, unable to handle the sight of the wobbling tower.

Lloyd used his feet to balance both the ninja and Wu, with Zane being on top of his feet and holding Kai and Jay in his arms while Cole somehow stood on the nindroid's head. Understandably, the ninja were all nervous, fearing they would fall, thanks to their foe gravity.

Slipping a wooden brick from the tower, you carefully placed it on top. Though it didn't matter in the end when it began to precariously wobble as the ninja's tower did.

Machinery could be heard nearby before a wrecking ball crashed through, toppling the ninja tower over.

The Jenga tower stood still momentarily before it collapsed into a pile of wooden bricks. You almost thought you could hear the little girl's cries from when The Great Devourer attacked, although a simple shake of your head cleared your mind if only temporarily, the fright from the sudden occurrence melting away steadily.

Morro had been quiet since yesterday, but there was no wondering why that was the case. Stuck in your head, he had been left to remain with your thoughts, especially with what B.K. did. How would you feel if you were stuck in someone's mind and forced to experience what they experienced?

'I can hear you. You know that, right?' Morro grumbled bitterly.

At your side, Remo blinked awake, squinting when he saw something sharp and translucent embedded in your leg. He wondered how you hadn't noticed it yet, slithering closer to get a better look. Carefully, he utilised his small fangs to remove the shard of glass and toss it aside for someone else to worry about.

You smoothed down the little snake's scales, earning a happy puff of air from him as he stared up at you, proud of himself and happy you weren't seriously hurt.

''What was that?'' Cole questioned, approaching the smashed window. The others got up, spotting a builder and a foreman, both wearing hardhats who then noticed the group.

Dareth emerged from behind the beaded doorway, rushing towards the two with hard hats. ''WHOA, WHOA, WHOA! This wasn't supposed to happen until tomorrow!''

''Tomorrow?'' The foreman inquired. ''Let me see that order.'' The builder handed over the order slip to let the foreman check over it. ''Oh, yeah. My bad. Sorry 'bout that. We'll be back in the morning.'' The two then left, leaving behind the massive hole in the wall.

Dareth groaned in despair, picking up one of his fake trophies, a part of which was bent sideways.

''Uh, Dareth, what is this all about?'' Cole asked in confusion.

''Well, I fell behind on some of my payments and some developer named "Darnagom Enterprises" is buying the entire block to put in some stupid frisbee-golf course. They say if I don't come up with 50,000 by tomorrow, the dojo is gone.'' Dareth closed his eyes, turning his head towards the ground.

'Garmadon.' Morro quickly figured it out. You wouldn't want to play against him in Scrabble- and now he knew it.

''But, we already lost the Bounty. We can't lose the dojo now.'' Jay protested desparingly.

''My trophies. Oh, my fake trophies!'' Dareth sobbed, holding his broken trophy close to his chest. You bit your lip and shook your head at him.

''Trust Ronin to make or steal cheap trophies.'' You mumbled under your breath, while in your mind, Morro made a small gasp.

''Wait a minute. "Darnagom"? When you rearrange the letters, it spells—'' Zane realised while staring at the company sign but got cut off.

''...O grandma"?'' Jay interrupted.

''No! Garmadon!'' Kai corrected him while looking at the Lightning Ninja.

''Right.'' Jay rubbed the back of his neck, laughing a little while Kai stared him down. ''That would make more sense.''

Lloyd lowered his head. ''Um, my dad is behind this?''

''If he destroys the dojo, where will we train Lloyd?'' Cole looked at his Sensei for answers.

''We still have the apartment, though I suspect you don't want to use that again.'' You answered him instead, though you were proven correct when the Earth Ninja grimaced at the idea.

''Any chance you got 50,000 in that teapot of yours?'' The ''Brown Ninja'' questioned the old man.

''Worry not, Dareth. You're not in this alone. We're all with you.'' Wu avoided Dareth's question, stepping towards him.

Nya stepped in. ''Did someone say 50,000—?'' Her words caused the whole group to turn their heads to look at her.

Jay gasped. ''You didn't happen to win the lottery?''

''No, but I heard about Ninjaball Run!'' Nya announced.

''Ninjaball Run?'' The others echoed in confusion. You did remember your friend Terry recently mention it.

''It's the biggest road race in Ninjago, with a prize of 100,000 big ones. And it's tomorrow.'' Nya explained.

''I thank you, little lady fighter, but you're talking about the most dangerous race known to man. Only the most serious of racers even stand a chance.'' Dareth told her, making you frown.

''But didn't you just do a few upgrades on our Ultra Sonic Raider?'' Kai inquired his sister who nodded. ''Maybe we might stand a chance.''

''And I can enter with my Dragon.'' Luh-loyd piped up. ''You did say I needed the practice.''

''So it is agreed. You will all enter this "Ninjaball Run" to save the dojo.'' Wu noted.

Nya noticed Dareth sobbing. ''Are you still crying?''

''Yes. But these are happy tears.'' Dareth answered as he wiped them away with a smile.

The crowd roared, alive with cheers and excited spectators, watching the race track in front of them. A few people in black leather jackets sat together, keenly observing the starting line with several of the competitors lined up next to each other, along with the Ultra Sonic Raider.

''Welcome, everyone, to the 14th annual Ninjaball Run!'' An announcer spoke.

''The Grand Prix where it doesn't matter how you get there, as long as you get there first.'' The second announcer added.

''Well, let's take a look at the racers.'' The first announcer said.

''I see the starter's line. We have a few familiar faces.'' The second announcer added as Ultra landed, taking The Postman by surprise and causing him to fall off his rocket-powered bike.

''Watch it, you big oaf!'' The Postman cried out, shaking his fist at the four-headed beast while Flame's head looked at him.

''You look nervous, Lloyd. You okay?'' Cole asked while looking at the Green Ninja.

''N-n-nervous?'' Lloyd stammered and chuckled. ''Maybe for you guys.''

Nya hopped off the Ultra Sonic Raider to talk to the boys. ''One final thing: I installed a pretty cool upgrade so if you're ever in a really tight spot, pull that lever because what it does. . .'' Her voice was muffled as the bus nearby revved the engines loudly, Brad Tudabone sitting at the wheel and grinning alongside Gene.

''What?!'' Porcupine strained to make his voice be heard over the bus engines.

''Pull that lever, because if you pull that lever. . .'' ''Alright, the race is about to start. And officials are saying pit crews must take their places.'' The first announcer informed the racers, talking over Nya.

''. . .only under those circumstances and no other.'' The Samurai girl finished, leaving the boys confused.

''We're about to begin!'' The announcer spoke.

''That's my cue. Gotta go! Good luck!'' Nya then left to take her seat in the stands.

''Huh? Wait, Nya, we couldn't hear you!'' Kai shouted after his sister, but she had already left.

After she left, two more competitive teams arrived. Soto and his pirate crew driving a van and Lou and The Royal Blacksmiths in a modified pick-up truck with a driver singing in perfect harmony.

''Look, it's my dad. They entered too?'' Cole pointed out to the others.

''Too big, too big. Too slow, too slow. We had a lead but let it go~'' The Royal Blacksmiths sang together. While they sang, Jay's parents pulled up to the starting line in their jalopy, making their son groan in embarrassment, muttering things under his breath as his parents talked about him.

''Oh, is there anyone we don't have to compete against?'' Jay questioned the other ninja.

A portal materialised in the air, Kruncha and Nuckal in a skull-based vehicle dropping out of it, next to Soto's pirate van. Another rev of engines and a person wearing a motorcycle helmet appeared on a motorcycle.

You took off the helmet, tidying your unkempt hair as the motorcycle tilted to the side momentarily. The others in the group turned to look at you while you flashed a smile at them. The bike you rode was mostly black though it featured a few bits of purple here and there, the inner part of the wheels red and what seemed to be gang designs on the side.

''We thought you weren't joining!'' Jay exclaimed in surprise. You kept smiling as your hands ran along the handles of the motorcycle, having a few things added to compensate for your being unable to use your legs.

''I got help,'' The smile on your face faltered as the tone of your voice darkened. ''We have to win this though, or I'll be in massive debt.''

As if sensing your unease, Zane asked: "Where'd you get it from?" He looked at the motorcycle.

''I borrowed it from a guy named Luke, his last name probably started with a c, I dunno.'' You shrugged.

''Don't you mean Ronin stole his bike and gave it to you?" Remo asked you. Scoffing, you crossed your arms briefly. The others appeared to be surprised.

The second announcer laughed. ''There's only one rule in Ninjaball Run, and that is to cross the finish line first.''

You raised your hand into the air like a little schoolkid. ''Wouldn't that mean I could easily win if I skipped all of the course by going around the barriers and getting to the finish line?" You twirled your finger around in the air to emphasise your point.

Both announcers widened their eyes in realisation. ''I still think that rule is dumb.'' The first announcer told the second, not caring that the microphone was still on.

''Jeremy, you're the one who came up with it.'' The second announcer replied.

The two murmured to each other while the crowd turned their collective gazes to you, growing impatient. You didn't happen to care anyway, it wasn't your fault the rules were like this. The least you could do was help them so they wouldn't make the same stupid mistake over and over again.

'This is what you get when you mess with the matrix.' Morro grumpily spoke.

''New rule!'' 'Jeremy' shouted. ''You have to go around the full course, no shortcuts!'' Groans rippled through the crowd, a few 'boos' coming from frustrated fans, glares pinned on you. There wasn't much you could do to help them, so you put your helmet back on your head, humming a song.

The lights ahead turned red, the racers preparing themselves as some started up their engines. It turned yellow seconds later, the sound of revving filling the air.

Turning green, the racers shot off, with Lloyd on Ultra ascending into the skies, while you gripped the handlebars and sped forward. Albeit, behind you, the boys in the Ultra Sonic Raider didn't get far, having been sabotaged. You caught a glimpse of them still at the starting line in your rearview mirror.

Gritting your teeth, you swung around, speeding back to them. The boys welcomed your quick return with open arms, though you weren't focused entirely on them. ''Try lifting it, I'll help you out.''

Doing as they were told, you did your best to reconnect the traction belt. When it was done, you wiped the sweat off your brow. ''Now, are we going to win this race or not?" You drove off, with the Ultra Sonic Raider behind you as the boys cheered.

''So that's how this is gonna go. Alright, boys, let's do this!'' Kai exclaimed while following in the vehicle.

You sped past Soto and his pirate van, the latter noticing you too late and yelling out after you whilst stuck in the sand. Their yells fell on deaf ears, you having already disappeared. Along came the Ultra Sonic Raider, No-Eyed Pete stumbling into their path and spinning when he got too close, fainting when he hit the sand.

The canyon walls surrounded you on both sides, casting shadows that shielded you from the heat that the sun brought upon the terrain.

''Yeah!'' Jay chuckled. ''We're no longer in last! Things are looking up.''

Kai looked up after a shadow fell upon the Ultra Sonic Raider. ''Oh, no, Garmadon!'' The Black Bounty flew over the others, though it didn't speed up to overtake them.

''What?!'' Jay exclaimed in shock. Cannons began aiming at the Ultra Sonic Raider, the ninja preparing themselves for defeat. Out of the blue, Lloyd on Ultra appeared, slamming into the back of the corrupted flying ship and causing the cannonball to miss the ninja.

Though, consequently, you had to swerve to dodge it to avoid getting struck down by the projectile, accidentally inhaling some dust and almost crashing into the canyon walls. Looking up, you snickered once the dust was out of your lungs.

''O' grandma!'' You shouted at Garmadon, the four-armed lord bringing his attention to you.

''Huh?" He lifted an eyebrow while you ignored the sense of foreboding that rose to the surface whenever you looked at him.

''Oldie! Wanna tell me how you're not a fossil yet? Or is that a secret?!" You kept shouting as Garmadon's hands balled into fists.

''You little-'' The ship's cannon aimed at you but there was no ammo while Garmadon yelled in frustration at his misfortune.

Laughing, you sped away from the flying ship as it picked up its pace. Soon enough, under the motorcycle's wheels, the terrain changed from sandstone to ice and snow as the temperature dropped below zero.

Birchwood trees replaced the canyon walls, and snow drifted down from the skeletons of trees. Overhead, Lloyd found a shortcut while flying on Ultra, directing the others to it. You swerved to follow their path, the motorcycle almost sliding over on sporadic patches of ice.

A skeleton hand launched from the Skullkin vehicle, latching onto one of Ultra's legs and successfully bringing the dragon down, however, it wasn't without consequences when the chain end of the skeleton hand wrapped around a tree, Kruncha and Nuckal's vehicle crashing into it.

Following the serpentine bus, the racers made their way through the Glacier Barrens, another set of racers getting taken out by its obstacles, namely the police crashing into an igloo and The Postman's spot on his rocket-powered bike getting replaced with a snowman.

Meanwhile, you struggled to keep the motorcycle balanced, the snow beneath the vehicle already packed into ice. Your hopes for the ninja were lifted when Jay's parents helped out the others, Jay dangerously living on the edge while the Ultra Sonic Raider was being refuelled.

A fight between the ninja and the serpentine resulted in a full-on vehicle landslide down the snowy slope. Your bike swerved uncontrollably, your eyes widening as the serpentine bus almost slammed into you, its occupants screaming.

At the bottom when the crashed vehicles slowed to a stop, most of the ninja hopped out to check the damages to their vehicle, while Cole approached you to make sure you were okay.

''I'm fine, just worry about you and the Ultra Sonic Raider.'' You told the Earth Ninja, who nodded and walked back to the others. You did a quick check to ensure everything you needed was working out fine. Nothing too bad, except for one of the lights on the buttons dulling.

After checking that his parents were okay, Jay saw a loose headlamp and took it, sticking it onto the front of the Ultra Sonic Raider. Both you and the ninja sped to catch up with the Black Bounty, rushing down the mountain and onto the final leg, the Badlands.

The Ultra Sonic Raider passed Garmadon while he was too busy gloating over his too-soon-celebrated victory. Spotting the ninja ahead of him, with you behind, he hit the base of the Mega Weapon against the wooden flooring in frustration.

''You think you can beat me, ninja?! This race is mine! Hear me, Mega Weapon: I wish to rip open Ninjago and make an insurmountable obstacle that they can never surpass!'' Garmadon commanded the combined Weapon.

Ahead, the terrain of the Badlands began cracking, chunks falling away into the gap that was created. Your jaw dropped open at the horrific sight, the other side growing farther and farther from reach with each passing second until the chasm stopped widening.

Both vehicles, the Ultra Sonic Raider and your motorcycle respectively hit the brakes hard, luckily slowing to a stop before they could fall into the chasm. The Black Bounty zipped past, unaffected by the chasm while it soared.

''Oh, that's totally cheating!'' Jay shouted.

''Guys, it's impossible to cross that divide,'' Zane informed the others while you checked over the controls on the motorcycle.

Kai straightened out the vehicle, keeping it on the marked road, keeping the front-facing toward Ninjago City.

''Oh, we're not gonna win now!'' Jay complained.

''Wait a minute. This ain't over.'' Kai gripped the lever. Noticing what he was doing, Cole turned his attention over to you.

''What about (Y/n)? We can't just leave them behind!'' Cole voiced his concerns aloud. You waved him off dismissively.

''Do what you came here to do. Win.'' You clutched the handlebars, eyeing a button in particular.

Seeing as Cole was reassured by your words, Kai made the Ultra Sonic Raider surge forward. ''Everybody, hang on!''

''Uh, you do know we're heading straight for that cliff, right? You're sure that's a good idea?'' Jay questioned, watching the chasm come closer.

''I haven't had time to think it through. Oh, what was it that Sensei said? You gotta have trust.'' Kai quoted his Sensei.

''Yeah, in each other, not in miracles!'' Cole said looking at the Porcupine named Kai.

''Oh, Nya, don't fail us now. Alright, NOW!'' Kai pulled the lever just in time. The top half of the Ultra Sonic Raider flew, abandoning the bottom part as Jay, Zane and Cole did Spinjitzu to reach Kai.

''If this doesn't work, I'm going to f***ing die.'' You gazed at the chasm, having backed up enough to gain enough speed.

Gulping, you sped forward like the Ultra Sonic Raider did, pressing a button as the motorcycle's parts collapsed in on themselves, forming two rocket jets attached to the back of your wheelchair while you sat strapped into it so you wouldn't slip out.

If the ninja lost, this would be the main reason you'd be in debt.

All the curses you knew flew out of your mouth at once, the jets activating and launching the wheelchair into the air. Clenching your eyes shut, the wind whistled in your ears, the feeling of being untethered to the ground briefly freeing you from the clutches of rational anxiety.

Slamming into the ground jolted you out of it, forcing you to open your eyes as electricity coursed through your veins, as well as adrenaline helping to give you strength while you focused on wheeling forward, your arms almost a blur with how fast they worked.

The crowd roared when you crossed the finish line, Garmadon throwing a fit when he found he wasn't the winner. The ninja looked at you but their jaws dropped, their gazes travelling behind you. Panting, you turned your head to look behind you as best as you could.

The stench of burnt rubber filled your nose, your jaw dropping as well when you saw the tire marks from the wheelchair behind you.

At least you weren't dead. That was a positive.

Lloyd stood on the deck of the Bounty, staring down at his father while Ultra stood leaning over the Green Bean. Police cars pulled up, attempting to arrest Fourarmadon but Skales in the serpentine bus stopped in front of them, opening the entry door.

Garmadon hopped in and the bus sped away.

''Somehow, Sensei, I don't think that will be the last we're gonna see of him,'' Nya told the Old Tea-Obsessed Man.

Dareth looked at the giant trophy excitedly. ''We did it! We did it! Ooh-hoo! We saved the dojo! Oh, look what I can do. CANNONBALL!'' The man jumped into the trophy's pool of cash, some of it falling out that you grabbed and discreetly placed in your pockets while everyone else laughed.

Even while exhausted, you wheeled through the streets, keeping the wads of cash close. Remo remained invisible on your shoulders, poised to pounce should an attacker come your way. The streets were dark and most people had gone inside for the night, the only lights present being the street lamps guiding your path on the sidewalk.

You brought out an envelope, C.B. written in teal on the side as you fit the wads of cash in it and sealed it up. Remo took it from you when you stopped at the base of a ramp leading up to a steel-grey door. The little snake then brought it to the doormat, placing the cash-filled envelope under it.

Remo rejoined you, slithering back onto your shoulders. Remaining silent, you wheeled away, into the dark of night.

I wanted to make this chapter to give you people a small break from the lore since I have a lot planned in the coming chapters, and I can't wait to show you people it!

(TW: blood for the artwork below)

[Above is the wonderfully majestic art of Casimir by the gracious @magialvjy, who showed me this on 05/03/2022 in the WriterAgreste legacy hangout. If you wish to, give them some appreciation! I wholeheartedly believe they deserve it. <3]

Don't forget to vote, go wild with your comments and share this story if you love it. ♥️

Without further ado,

See ya, Bookworms.

WriterAgreste, over & out!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.5K 908 23
The balance of life and death must be maintained. For if a life should be given, a life must be taken. If there must be light, there must be darkness...
2.7K 75 9
THIS STORY IS DISCONTINUED, I am currently writing a new one and am leaving this one open for anyone who wants to read it! "Being transported into th...
2.8K 56 7
*****REWRITING!!!! Marked as complete so people know I'm Not editing anymore!!!****** Not everyone gets a choice in who they want to be. Sometimes de...
28.3K 989 87
(Tw- Language) •♡"I'm glad I met you." "I'm glad too... And remember... I will always love you. No matter what happens."♡• ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡...