Number Neighbour » h.s

By harrylilies

Where Nina texts her number neighbour and applies as Harry Styles' new photographer. [ real life x oc ] [ soc... More

Prologue
Characters
[one]
[two]
[four]
[five]
[six]
[seven]
[eight]
[nine]
[ten]
[eleven]
[twelve]
[thirteen]
[fourteen]
[fifteen]
[sixteen]
[seventeen]
important A/N
[eighteen]
[nineteen]
[twenty]
[twenty one]
[twenty two]
[twenty three]
[twenty four]
[twenty five]
[twenty six]
[twenty seven]
[twenty eight]
[twenty nine]
[thirty]
[thirty one]
[thirty two]
[thirty three: final]
Epilogue
blurbs & one shots
[63rd grammy's]
[love on tour: vegas]
[harryween II]

[three]

15.4K 373 342
By harrylilies

Liked by lilireinhart, dylansprouse and 39,173 others

ninamaye @colesprouse for @gq ✨ 'twas a pleasure, cody💖

View all 1102 comments

colesprouse I thought that was Cole Sprouse for a moment there...Loved working with you, Nina.

flynnknows daddy

Liked by harrystyles, realbarbarapalvin and 2,613,001 others

colesprouse Nina showing enthusiasm when I told her to pose for a picture is my mood, all the time. Thanks, Nina. You're a bright woman.
[👤tagged: ninamaye]

View all 11,103 comments

lilireinhart this is my woman crush

haleyluhoo Somebody sign her up

harrystyles started following ninamaye.

[Text Message]

Nini📷:
MICK
harry styles just followed me on instagram!

Mick🥬:
NO WAY!

Nini📷:
way!!!
fuck
that bitch is active on his social media but is staying lowkey
goes incognito
a tease

Mick🥬:
Incognito, huh?

Nini📷:
yup
i'm willing to bet he sees everything his fans post online
but chooses not to say anything or post anything anyway

Mick🥬:
Looks like you knew him well since that night you met him a week ago, Nini

Nini📷:
idk mate
do you have instagram?

Mick🥬:
Nah
I don't really use social media

Nini📷:
Oh haha that sucks
would it be weird if I told you that I want to see how you look like?
lmfao it's probably weird, forget it

Mick🥬:
Heyyyyyyyyyyyyy
It's not weird
I feel like you're a very beautiful woman

Nini📷:
well don't you have a way with words, mick

Mick🥬:
Hahahaha
I mean it though

Nini📷:
you're too sweet :)
i'm not all that though lol
just a product of a filipina woman and an english man, with way too many freckles haha

Mick🥬:
Sounds beautiful to me :)
Not to sound creepy but if I googled your name, I'll probably find a picture, right?

Nini📷:
well depends
do you know anything about me other than the fact that i'm a photographer and my name is nina?

Mick🥬:
....No

Nini📷:
guess google won't help much then
i'll let you rest lol
just a little warning though
i had a long day so

gdaiahsh bye

Mick🥬:
Wow.

Nini📷:
that was so stupid of me omg forget i sent anything
so awkward

Mick🥬:
It wasn't stupid, I promise.
I think you're breathtaking
Think you're the prettiest woman I've ever seen actually

Nini📷:
lmao stop you're too much

Mick🥬:
I'm being honest though
Are you sure you only photograph models? You don't want to become one?

Nini📷:
no, never
don't want that life

Mick🥬:
Understandable
You're very beautiful, Nina. Very.

Nini📷:
please don't be a creepy old man
or a weird teenager

Mick🥬:
I promise, I'm not.
I'll send you a picture when I'm comfortable enough, alright?

Nini📷:
yeah sure
whenever you want, no pressure :)
hey i have to go, my brothers and their families arrived for their visit!
later, mick x

Mick🥬:
Have fun, Nina. Later :) x

"Dana, can you move the chicken a little b-thank you!" Nina smiled, putting down the cheesy chicken casserole, turning to grin at her 3-year-old niece, Tala, "Your favourite."

"What do we say, Tala?" Dana, Nina's brother Jayden's wife smiled at her daughter, wrapping her arms around her as she sat on her lap at the dinning table.

"Thank you, Nani." Tala grinned, holding her spoon tightly, looking eagerly at the food.

"You went all out for us, Nina. You didn't have to." The oldest brother, Ronan, pecked Nina on her temple before sitting.

"How many times are we all in the same country, Ro?" She smiled, putting her hands on her youngest brother's, Elias, shoulders as he sat, "Wish Mum and Dad were here with us."

Jayden smiled, taking a sip of his water before looking at his siblings, "Good thing they're coming back in two days."

Nina sat in her seat, helping her niece with her plate, "Can't believe these two decided to up and leave for a vacation without telling us."

"Are you surprised though?" Ronan laughed, "They'd do anything to prove that they're-"

"Young and in love, might be a little foolish-" Jayden said in a deep voice, mimicking their dad.

"But that's what love is all about." Elias finished in a high pitched voice, causing everyone at the table to laugh. "They told me they were just driving south for a day, next thing I know, I'm with my bag at uncle Seth's house."

"Why didn't you come right away to stay with me, you knob?" Nina frowned at her brother.

"Mum and Dad said you were busy and that I can be annoying," He shrugged, chewing his food, "And messy."

"Chew with your mouth closed, animal." Jayden muttered, glancing at his daughter as she watched her youngest uncle, giggling at him because she thought it was the funniest thing to chew and talk.

"You can be annoying and messy though, not going to lie." Nina chuckled, teasing her brother, "But choose whatever makes you comfortable."

"How's work, Ni?" Ronan asked, leaning back in his chair as he looked at his sister, "Still with Chris?"

She nodded, swallowing her food before helping herself to another piece of lasagna, "Yeah, feels like home with him now. Got used to him," She chuckled, "Work's been fine."

"Still not accepting tour offers?" Dana asked.

"Not really," Nina giggled slightly, "I mean, I might apply to be someone's photographer but I'm still thinking about it."

"Ooh," Jayden raised an eyebrow, putting down his fork and lacing his fingers together under his chin, "Nina stepping out of her comfort zone."

"Oh, shut up."

"Who's the lucky human?"

Nina gave a shrug, looking down at her plate, "Just this nice lad, you might not know him."

"Debatable." Elias challenged.

"You know Harry Styles?"

"Uh, yeah I do?" Elias raised his eyebrows at his sister, "Only the most handsome man to ever exist?"

"Are you okay?" Nina teased, "Are you a fan?"

"Nah," He waved off, the rest of the siblings and wife looking at each other discreetly knowing that he was trying to cover it up, "Just has a few cool songs, that's all. Nice hair."

They all hummed, stifling their smiles as they glanced at him.

"You know it's okay if you're a fan, right?" Nina asked.

"I'm not." Elias blushed, muttering under his breath.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night, El. You're going through a phase." Jayden chuckled, patting his little brother's shoulder.

"It's not a phase."

"It's 2019, Elli." Dana laughed.

Nina watched as Elias didn't join the laughter, only looking down at his plate as he ate, concern filling her up.

"Ro, when's Aditi coming here?" Nina switched the topic, looking at Ronan who instantly smiled at the mention of his girlfriend, "Miss her."

"You miss the food, Ni." Jayden pointed his fork at his sister challengingly.

"So what if I do?" She giggled, "Admit it, she's a beast in the kitchen. Don't you miss it? The butter chicken she makes? The curry? The gulab jamun?"

"Point proven." Jayden muttered, making everyone laugh.

"She has her cousin's wedding back in India, couldn't join because of work." Ronan pursed his lips.

"Aw, that sucks." Dana frowned.

"It does but she's coming at the end of the week so," He smiled, "All is well."

Finishing their food and continuing to chatter, the Brown family was then seated in Nina's living room, pudding and tea on the table while her niece was seated on the floor playing her toys.

"Haven't seen Flynn in a while. How is he?" Jayden asked, putting his hand on the back of the sofa as he sat beside his wife.

"Great," Nina nodded, taking a sip of her tea, "He wanted to join tonight but he got called to class to a VIP, something about covering for a friend."

"Ah, that lad still dancing and doing what he knows best?" Ronan smiled, watching as Nina nodded. "I'm happy for him. I mean, with everything that happened with his last relationship and all, I'm happy he's living his life now."

"Don't remind me," Nina shook her head, "Makes my blood boil just remembering it."

"That guy he dated?" Dana asked.

"Yeah," Jayden nodded, "Two years into a relationship then tells him he's straight. Who does that?"

"Remember him telling Flynn he wanted to experiment," Ronan frowned, "Who experiments in a two year relationship?"

"But Flynn's a tough one," Nina smiled, "He's in a very good shape right now. Still grumpy but what's new?"

"What about you?" Elias asked her, "Any new relationship?"

Nina rolled her eyes, putting her arm around her brother's shoulder, "No."

"You're over your last one, right? Ollie wa-"

"Elias." Ronan sternly cut him off.

"Mate.." Jayden shook his head, eyeing their youngest sibling.

"I didn't mean it like that," Elias shook his head, looking at his sister, "Was just asking if you're over him. It-"

"Let's," Nina smiled halfheartedly, "Let's not talk about it, yeah?"

Dana cleared her throat, "Tala, why don't you show Nina the new dance you learned?"

"Can I, mummy?!" Tala grinned, standing excitedly.

As the night came to an end, Nina hugged her family goodbye, before lingering by Elias.

"Hey, do you want to stay here with me instead?" She asked him softly, "I can call uncle Seth."

"No, it's cool," He shook his head, "Promised Joe we'll play Fifa when I'm back."

"El," She called gently, putting her hands on his face gently, "Is there anything you want to talk about? Anything at all?"

"No, Nina," He chuckled, looking at his shoes as he avoided eye contact, "Why?"

"I'm your sister. I know how you are when things aren't okay," She put her hands on his shoulders, "You can talk to me, El."

Elias gave her a side smile, nodding slowly. "Thanks, Ni."

She smiled slightly, shaking her head before bringing him close in a hug. "I love you, yeah?"

"Love you, too." He muttered, "Sorry about bringing, you know, him up."

She chuckled, giving him an assuring pat on the back. "It's okay."

At the honk of Ronan's car, Elias nodded at him before looking back at his sister. "I'll go now before he beheads me."

Nina laughed softly, "Tell uncle Seth and Ruby and Joe I miss them."

"Will do." He nodded, waving at her as he walked away, "Good luck with your Mick friend!"

"Wh-How did you know?"

"Your phone didn't stop lighting up with messages!" He laughed, getting inside the car and waving at her before Ronan drove off, leaving Nina laugh to herself as she closed the door.

[Text Message]

Mick🥬:
Heyyyyy
Guess what!
Oh shit you're with your family, you probably won't see this until later
Okay just reply when you can but
I know a friend who knows a friend and a trusted source just told me that they're looking for a photographer for this Gucci campaign
And guess who's in it???
You're right! Harry Styles!
This is your shot to see him again!
I'm certain they'll take you x

Nini📷:
weLLLL hello to you tooo
aw mick, are you shipping good ol' me and big harry styles?

Mick🥬:
Heyyy, how was your family gathering?
Oh shut up, I'm just looking out for you😂
But I do actually...Haha
[message deleted!]

Nini📷:
was amazing, think i won't be eating anything for a week
jk might get hungry in about a minute
and about that gucci campaign idk ?? maybe??
i don't really think it's a good idea tbh idk?

Mick🥬:
What? Why?

Nini📷:
don't get me wrong i LOVE gucci but maybe i shouldn't be around harry like that ??? idk

Mick🥬:
Oh
Do you think he's not a good person?

Nini📷:
omg no he's a dream
you know i have this teen crush on him like the next person but just
it might be impossible to be around him and not be awestruck
am i making sense?

Mick🥬:
You're making sense, you're fine
Are you talking professional wise? Or are you trying to say that he's out of your league? Because if the latter, then it's definitely the other way around

Nini📷:
you're too sweet, mick but i just really don't believe so lol
have you seen him? not only does he look beautiful but he's someone who's casually friends with stevie nicks ffs
his life is nothing like mine
he's only ever dated models for crying out loud
and taylor swift
are we seeing the pattern here?

Mick🥬:
Maybe you don't know him that well, Nina
I think he's a very laidback lad and from what you told me when you met him, he seemed interested in you and you're not a model or Taylor Swift. Beautiful, yes, but not what you think he's only interested in.

Nini📷:
well yeah maybe
don't think i'm that ready for a relationship anyway
not that we're talking about me and harry dating or anything that's too early to talk about
only seen the man once in my life after all

Mick🥬:
Do it at your own pace
Just think it'd be a good opportunity to shoot the Gucci campaign, love
But you do what you think is best, you have my support

Nini📷:
you know
i'm glad i texted you
you're a good man, mick :)
i'll think about it

Mick🥬:
I'm glad you did, too, Nina
Xx

Nini📷:
welll i'm off to bed, have to be up early
talk to you later, mick :) x

Mick🥬:
Yeah, I'm off too
Later, Nina :) x

From: chrisatkinson@snaplux.co.uk
To: ninamayeb@snaplux.co.uk
cc: jeffreyazoff@fullstopmgmt.com
Subject: ACCEPT THIS OFFER NINA!

Good morning, Nina! 🌹
   My good friend Jeff has just informed me that his client and friend, Harry Styles, is starring in the new Gucci campaign.
As known, Harry and Alessandro are friends and Alessandro loves you. They want you to be present and photograph for the campaign as Harry is the main star and they trust you to do a spectacular job at covering this.

Not only have I recommended you, but Harry himself as well. 😉
Write back as soon as you can! You can come to my office to discuss the formalities and what not.

Love you, kid!
Papa Chris

Nina made herself a cuppa, in the comfort of Ronan's sweatshirt that he left at her house a couple of years ago and a pair of joggers, her feet covered by the Spongebob socks her niece got her, Nina lounged as she thought about the offer.
Granted, this would be one hell of an experience. She knew Alessandro and had worked with Gucci once as an assistant photographer and enjoyed it (also added to her CV), then why was the decision hard to take? Because of Harry.

Nina wasn't one to believe in types. She believed that you make lists of the person you're going to fall in love with inside your head, you exclude the things you don't like and expect those you do and then you meet someone who's nowhere near that list and right there and then, you fall in love.
But Harry was endearing. It wasn't questionable that Harry had a charming personality, one that attracted all genders and made all cheeks blush and all eyes on him be full of imaginary hearts.

She did work with charming people. She shot a photoshoot that had Idris Alba for crying out loud but this was different. She didn't have sodas in a club with a celebrity before, one that she forgot all about their status as they embraced how smooth their conversation went. She never gasped and danced when a celebrity followed her either because at the nature of her job, it regularly happened.

And maybe it had something to do with her last relationship and her constant reluctance to get close to anyone who doesn't take their seat, the moment they meet, in the friendzone.

But also now that Harry recommended her? She couldn't help but smile to herself.
Maybe Mick was right after all. She didn't really know him that well and for all she knew, he could be the biggest arse to work with.

With the last sip of her tea and a nod she gave herself, Nina cracked her knuckles as she stared at her laptop. "What do you have to lose?"

Re: ACCEPT THIS OFFER NINA!
To: chrisatkinson@snaplux.co.uk
From: ninamayeb@snaplux.co.uk
cc: jeffreyazoff@fullstopmgmt.com
Subject: ACCEPT THIS OFFER NINA!

Good morning, old man 👴🏼.

  I'll take it. I'll drop by in two hours.
Thank Harry for me :) x

//

:o

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91.1K 1.3K 105
(COMPLETED) started april 2021 - ended in february 2022 She just wanted a little fun, so she texted her number neighbor, turns out to be a lot more...
200K 2.6K 54
Instagram: New message from @harrystyles { Started: Dec.14 2017 } { Finished: Feb. 8 2018 }
575K 15.9K 85
[complete] a story where single pregnant mother aurora meets the one and only, laid-back, up and coming, photographer harry styles. watch as they fil...
152K 4.8K 89
Nola, and her three beautiful girls, are looking for a fresh start. When they take up temporary residence in her grandparents home in London, she is...