The Fictitious World

By AwesomeDelight

Jamie Smith, your typical teenage girl, make a very wrong deed making her put into a situation where her Mom... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 ~ MY GRANDMOTHER'S HOUSE

Chapter 2 ~ WEIRD HOUSE, WEIRD GRANDMA, WEIRD... ME?

67 4 0
By AwesomeDelight

(The multimedia on the side is not mine, so credits to the owner, and one more thing... the dragon is not really that one, I just can't find another picture... Enjoy reading!)

(Dedicated to her, we're not that really close, but I had just the feeling to be close to her! Hi Allison!)

                                                        ~*~*~*~

I WAS WALKING... walking to a place with a beautiful scenery, a scene with the gift of nature. Green grasses, yellow and white flowers, big and small trees, azure skies and fluffy clouds, birds flying freely, and the fresh cold breeze embracing me.

        I was in the middle of a field, sitting as I placed a hand on the other. Feeling sad about something I wasn't sure of, I felt confused on the events I couldn't remember. I slowly stood up, and then saw some clothes--white and pinkish in color--similar to the clothes a princess would wear in books and movies.

        I inhaled some fresh air and slowly raised both of my hands. I closed my eyes and focused and thought of something that would come out of my body through my hands. It took more minutes, before I felt something weird... something hot. I slowly opened my eyes and was shocked after seeing a glow on my body and a faint ball of fire on my palms. A smile carved  my face, but after that everything went blurry...

        I woke up with an aching head. I touched my forehead and massaged it thoroughly, trying ro relieve the pain, but I knew that it wouldn't work though.

        A dream... I said inside my head.

        I opened my eyes and lifted my head and stared at the white-painted ceiling above my head. After that, I turned my head to my right and squinted at the bright light emitted from the huge windows, making my face touch by the warm rays of the sun. The window which I thought was the reason that made me awake, was made of glass was divided in four by the old woods of a tree. The window was also old, making it blurry, dirt covered the sides of the window, and it was thick gray.

        "Ew."

        I slowly sat on my bed to let my head relax and looked around at the room where I slept.

        It was little compared to my room, and the walls, which were painted with a light pink color amazed me-- I mean, who would have thought that this house had colors?

        The appliances and design of the room was lacking, though I still liked it because it was not too old. The floor was made of wood and was varnished, the bedroom where I stayed in was designed with flowers and above it were two white pillows that I guessed were newly bought from the City (well, it looked new). Beside my bed was a mini cabinet painted in white and where the lamp was placed.

        I stood up and walked towards a larger cabinet which survived in the varnish addiction of my grandma. The cabinet was painted in white and was seven feet tall, big and was carved with curly patterns which were pleasing in the eyes, had two big doors and three small drawers on the bottom.

        I opened it and saw my clothes, well-arranged according to certain colors. After that, I opened my drawer revealed my undies and other stuff... arranged also.

        I walked back to my bed and lied down. It took a minute before I realized something.

        "My Iphone!" I stood up and got my empty baggage which I found underneath my bed, unzipped it open and as what as I had expected, my Iphone wasn't there. Maybe my father took it when they were arranging my clothes in the cabinet.

        I slowly stood up, but then my head began to hurt again. It was as if my head was struck with a thousand needles.

        "Ugh. Why does my head hurt? Did I bump on something har---" I stopped on the thought that had just popped out of my mind.

        "Shit!"

        I walked towards the door and opened it, silence loomed all over the hallway, but I just ignored it. After that I walked through the library, where I think I fell unconscious yesterday.

        I just remembered that the library was on fire, so it might be in ashes right now. I hoped my grandma wouldn't be angry at me.

        I was about to open the door when I touched the door knob, but I stopped after I heard someone talking inside the room.

        "Madame, I had a last glance on the book. And it was empty," a man, but who oddly sounded like a child, spoke first.

        "Yes, madame, Barthaur won't lie about it. We all know that the book is so important to us... it is the only thing that can take us back to our world," a little girl said.

        "And no ordinary ink in this world can write on the book's paper, unless..." the man paused abruptly.

        "You've got it Barthaur. The Messenger wrote it for us," my grandma finally spoke.

        "So that means--"

        I pushed the door open and looked at my grandmother who was sitting on the table... with no company.

        I walked inside looking at every corner of the library. And my eyes slowly widened after seeing the library who I thought that it would be ashes right now.

        "What's the matter dear?" my grandma asked, but I didn't bother looking at her.

        "The library, it... it was on fire yesterday" I replied, shifting my eyes to her.

        "The library? No, it wasn't on fire, I think it was just your imagination."

        "Are you saying that I am hallucinating?" I said, putting my hands on the table.

        "No, I don't really know. I found you last night lying unconscious on the floor. No traces of burned things whatsoever."

        I stopped and thought of the fire that supposedly happened yesterday. I knew. that I was not hallucinating. I even felt the heat of the fire on my back, the pain on my foot... and the faint glow all over my body.

        I looked again at my grandmother and then back to the shelves. Something then clicked.

        The voices I heard here inside before I entered--they were the same voices yesterday...

        "Grandma?" I said looking back at her.

        "Yes, dear?" she said, not looking at me, facing the book which was widely open.

        "Is someone with you?"

        "Huh?" She raised her face and then one of her eyebrows. "I am the only one here," she said and adjusting the glasses that she was wearing.

        "B-But I heared you. You're talking to someone... a little girl's voice and an elf-like voice." I could feel my heart starting to pound a little faster, and my knees were slowly shaking.

        My grandma just looked at me and then looked at the right part of the table where a chair and another book was situated. She smiled at it before she looked back at me.

        "You really are hallucinating, my dear. Why don't you go to the kitchen and feed yourself? I already cooked something for you."

        "O-Okay" I said hesitantly and turned my heel. I headed for the door and grabbed its doorknob. Before leaving, I turned to my grandmother and then back to the door.

        "Weird."

                                                        ~*~*~*~

        I was in the middle of eating my breakfast--bacon and an sunny side up egg (an unhealthy food for me because it was full of carbs)--when my grandma appeared by the kitchen door. She was still wearing her glasses and a thick book on her hands.

        She walked towards the rectangular wooden table and then sat on the chair across me. She placed the book on the table and opened the third page. I thought that she would just read her book, so I ignored her, but she suddenly asked me a weird question.

        "Jamie, are you a fan of fairytales?"

        I looked at her with a confuse look. "Ew..." I commented, making her look at me. "I-I mean, no... I'm not a fan of fairytales." I said and looked down at my food in embarrassment.

        "Oh? You're not reading those kinds of stories?"

        "N-No. I prefer reading magazines and tabloids." 'Fairytales are just a bunch of trash appreciated by children who only have very low IQ,' I continued in my mind, but I still chose not to say it.

        "Hmm? So you never dreamt something magical to happen in your life?"

        I stopped and then looked at her. "Magical? No. I've never dreamt of any of it. That word is just..."

        I stopped again after I remembered something. A memory that was supposed to be forgotten right now. A memory that was made by the stupid and foolish old me...

        When I was little, around eight or nine years old, I saw a Dragon. I know it was a stupid idea and I was personally thinking that I was getting crazy, but it looked real... Though only half of my brain was thinking that it was true.

        Back in our old house, when little Jamie used to play in a place where the land's space was occupied by trees, I could remember my old self running through the woods to follow a butterfly, a blue one. She was stuck in the middle of nowhere, but still, she wanted to catch the blue butterfly.

        She stopped when the butterfly had suddenly burst into flames. She looked at the direction from where the fire originated, and she saw a burned bush.

        Little Jamie, who was so curious and knew so little about the dangers in the world, made her way towards the bush, but she stopped after the bush shook.

        "Mommy..." she said in a whisper.

        She looked around at her surroundings, and was shocked after seeing a dark and scary forest. Trees were old and were wrapped by vines, the land was pure soil and there were no traces of grasses, light was blocked by the trees' branches full of leaves.

        "Mommy!" Little Jamie cried out and started sobbing.

        The bush where the fire came from shook again, making her attention return to it.

        A tail first appeared from the bush, then a lizard's foot, then another foot, then a baby-faced lizard-like creature and then a bat wings on its back.

        She was petrified that time, making her feet move backward. But then, the lizard-like creature walked towards her. With its huge yellow eyes, it looked intently at her, not leaving its eyes from her.

        Little Jamie thought that it would be her end, and the only thing she could do was call for her mommy. But after a couple of minutes, she found herself riding on the back of the little dragon which helped her fly back to her house.

        Little Jamie, who later slept soundly that night after going back to home, decided to go back to the little dragon the next day. And after she did it, she wished that she had never done it in the first place.

        While walking to the place where she first saw the dragon, she was attacked by a big, black cat. And after being saved by her parents who saw her lying in the woods with blood pooling all over her unconscious body, she promised herself that she would never risk her life to prove herself that she really saw a dragon, that she really saw a creature which was somehow... magical.

        "That word is just nothing to me," I snapped at my grandma's face.

        The curious look was then wiped out from her face, and a flash of hurt crossed her features.

        I finished my breakfast and then stood up. I was about to leave when my grandmother whispered something I didn't quite understand.

        "...but you should. We are born to believe and to live in that word."

        I faced her with a curious look, and she just stared at me and sighed. She stood up and walked closer to me.

        "Jamie, my beautiful child. You should believe, even just a little bit in that word, because somehow, that word will give us happiness," she told me. Taking my hand, she said, "Here. Can you read this book for me?"

        "W-Why?"

        "I'm too old to do any more adventures and solve the conflicts inside this book. But you..." She smiled at me, pausing briefly. "I will just go outside and stay in the garden. For now, just enjoy yourself with that book." She opened the door and stepped outside. "... take care and be safe."

        I was confused about the words she left for me to ponder about before going out.

        I turned back to the book that I was holding. A shiver went through my spine after reading its title...

        The Fictitious World.

                                                        ~*~*~*~

©AwesomeDelight - KPBG
(part edited by: conjurethemockingjay) (Daphne thank you!)
|Votes are highly appreciated|

P.S. She will be there soon...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

238K 7.6K 171
What if a Pokรฉmon Trainer found herself in the world of One Piece? What if she found herself with the Strawhat Pirates? What if she finds herself get...
153K 8.2K 83
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...
253K 7.3K 130
"๐‘ป๐’‰๐’†๐’“๐’†'๐’” ๐’“๐’†๐’‚๐’๐’๐’š ๐’๐’ ๐’˜๐’‚๐’š ๐’๐’‡ ๐’˜๐’Š๐’๐’๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’Š๐’‡ ๐’Š๐’ ๐’•๐’‰๐’†๐’Š๐’“ ๐’†๐’š๐’†๐’” ๐’š๐’๐’–'๐’๐’ ๐’‚๐’๐’˜๐’‚๐’š๐’” ๐’ƒ๐’† ๐’‚ ๐’…๐’–๐’Ž๐’ƒ ๐’ƒ๐’๐’๐’๐’…๐’†."
213K 1.1K 33
This is a mix of different animes that have smut in them