THE NIGHTMARES โ€ข Max Mayfield

By libbyy_x

๐‘ป๐‘ฏ๐‘ฌ ๐‘ต๐‘ฐ๐‘ฎ๐‘ฏ๐‘ป๐‘ด๐‘จ๐‘น๐‘ฌ๐‘บ | โThey would never leave, the nightmares, but when I'm with you I dream.โž ... More

๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ: The Nightmares.
ACT ONE โ†ด
02
03
04
05
06
07
08

01

5.9K 145 180
By libbyy_x

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────
THE NIGHTMARES
───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

30th October 1994
⋆✩⋆

THE LOUD BLARING of the small, pink alarm clock jarred Ashlynn Harrington out of her not so peaceful sleep on the morning of the Thirtieth of October.

The small blonde let out a pained gasp, her form jolting up out of the bed. Ashlynn's rapid moving eyes scanned the room, her breathing ragged, for the sight she saw milliseconds ago.

When Ashlynn saw nothing dangerous, at least from her view, she turned to her white bedside table. The vertebrae cracked loudly in her back as she reached toward her pink alarm clock, relieving it from it's seizure.

The girl sighed, her eyes fluttering shut in happiness and relaxation from the relieving crack. Although she expected a plain, black canvas on the backs of her eyelids she was instead met with a cruel, malicious grin, which made her heart race, and not in a good way.

Ashlynn took a deep, shaky breath to calm herself. She did not want a panic attack this early in the morning, her eyes flickered to the alarm clock, the digital numbers reading '5:30' in large, red numbers.

Ashlynn pulled her white sheets, the only interesting thing on them was the bright, rainbow strip across the centre, off of her slim, slightly shaky, legs. She flung her legs off of the side of her double bed, shivering when her bare feet met the cold, wooden floor.

Ashlynn hesitated, wondering whether or not she should even go to school today, but decided against it. She wanted one hundred percent attendance this year, to make up for last year, but the blonde almost knew that wouldn't happen. Her older brother demanded she'd see a therapist to ease her of the things that took place last year. But, it didn't help, in fact it only made her feel worse, different.

The wooden floorboards creaked under her pale feet, her loose, oversized red t-shirt and grey shorts not doing much to keep her warm in the crisp, early air.

The tired girl groaned softly, dragging her comforter off the bed and wrapping it gently around her body, her long, bedraggled hair getting caught in her fingers slightly.

Ashlynn waddled out of her room, careful not to trip over her own feet as she strolled through the Harrington household toward her brothers room. The blonde knocked gently on her older brother Steve's bedroom door, walking into the room when she didn't receive an answer.

The door squeaked open, creaking to a halt before Ashlynns soft voice filled the cold, quiet atmosphere,

"Steve, wake up." Ashlynn's comforter scratched against the wooden floor, friction creating the first signs of heat throughout the room.

She walked over to Steves large, kingsized bed, avoiding the messy piles of clothes and other objects which she wouldn't dare ask Steve what they were for. Ashlynn yawned, placing her cold, frail fingertips on her brothers warm, broad shoulder.

Steve let out a slight groan of discomfort from the cold touch, his eyebrows knitting together before pulling his comforter up over his head, his usually perfectly styled brown hair frizzy and dishevelled.

"Why can't you be like other kids and not want to go to school." Steve moaned, turning his back to the girl as she shoved his shoulder again.

"Trust me, I don't." The blonde muttered, before walking to the foot of his bed. Ashlynn felt one hundred times more awake now, avoiding the sweat-drenched pairs of shirts, underwear and socks alike as she pulled the comforter around her tightly.

"I hope your not naked, for your and my sake." Ashlynn's tone was monotone as she reached for her brothers black comforter.

Ashlynns nimble fingers wrapped around a corner of the black comforter, careful not to dent nor scratch her short autumn themed, dark orange painted nails.

She glanced up, smiling discreetly when she saw both of Steves arms bent, his hands palm down against the pillow and his fingers sprawled out. Or, in other words, not holding the black comforter blocking him and the cold air.

Ashlynn pulled the black fabric towards her with a grunt, nearly falling over her own comforter. Once she gained her balance back, she sighed in relief, Steve was shirtless, his black underwear covering him.

"Get up!" Her voice raised, Steve shooting up out of the bed at the feeling of warmth being ripped away from him. A familiar feeling to her.

Steve nodded, tiredly getting up, "Alright, alright."

Ashlynn puffed her chest out, pride spread across her face as she walked back into her own bedroom.

She shut her bedroom door behind her, flicking the lightswitch on, letting out a distressed groan, flinching at the bright light. Ashlynn dropped the comforter, the satisfying sound of it dropping to the floor relaxed her as she swung her curtains open, the view of the Harrington's pool and large back garden coming into view.

Light flooded into the thirteen year olds bedroom as she picked up the comforter, folding it before making her bed up of her, now neatly smoothed out, rainbow sheet and pillows.

Ashlynn clapped her hands together, making herself jump slightly before wandering over to her white, wooden wardrobe. The outfit she planned to wear today rested on the outside of her wardrobe, hanging off the wooden handles.

The blonde quickly changed into her outfit for the day, scanning herself in the mirror.

She wore an oversized, dark orange sweater, the sleeves hanging off  her wrists and covering her hands in sweater paws. The sweater matched her nails, which she smiled at, before tucking it into her grey and brown plaid skirt, pulling it slightly loose over her hips.

Ashlynn sat down on her stool, pulling black tights on before turning to the mirror. She gasped, disgusted at her bedraggled hair.
Ashlynn quickly ran her brush through the frizzy mess, using her hair crimper to give her hair a cute, natural, wavy look.

She sighed, swiping a red lip gloss onto her pale lips before standing up. Ashlynns eyes quickly flickered to her clock again, sighing in relief when it read '6:29'.

Ashlynn slipped her shoes on, strapping the black strap over her shoe before grabbing her blue leather satchel before walking out of her room. She quickly brushed her teeth, using the bathroom too, before running down the wooden, carpet coated stairs.

~

"Come on Steve! Please." Ashlynn widened her eyes, softening them, and pouting her lips. The blonde looked like a sad little puppy.

"Not happening." Steve held his hands over his eyes, determined.

Steve and Ashlynn had been arguing, like normal brother and sister, about letting Ashlynn ride her bike to school. Ashlynn did not want to witness yet another Steve and Nancy love fest. As much as she loved Nancy, she wanted to wait till she had her very own relationship. Which Ashlynn couldn't wait for, being a very big hopeless romantic.

Steve let out a groan at his younger sisters persistent puppy dog eyes and adorable pout, "Fine."

Ashlynn squealed, running to the garage to grab her bike. Only then was it that she noticed the flat tire. The bright look in her eyes deflated and she crossed her arms with a defeated huff.

She heard a deep, playful snicker behind her. Ashlynn rolled her eyes, spinning on her heels. She was over jumping out of  her skin every time Steve laughed, thinking it was...him.

The now annoyed blonde stormed past her older brother, whispering curses about her darn bike.

She walked through their garden, inhaling the scent of the flowers and trees her grandma had planted centuries ago, when she was yet to be born, now Ashlynn felt she had to take care of the plants. Her grandma made her feel safe, now she had her brother and the memory of her grandma through the plants.

"Love you, grammy." Ashlynn muttered softly as she walked toward Steve's red car, leaving the nature she'd grown for the day.

"Come on Steve!" Ashlynn screamed, pulling on the door handle repeatedly. Steve came into Ashlynn's view, jogging over slightly slow.

"Woah, don't break her!" Steve flicked Ashlynn on her shoulder, making the girl flinch.

"I really hope we find someone to help you." Steve muttered softly, opening his car and climbing into the drivers seat. Steve didn't see the fact the girl needed someone that cared for her, not the money the therapist was receiving to let the girl scream in anger at their face.

Ashlynn did the same, but sitting in the back seat. She almost blended into the lighter orange colour with her own outfit.

"I dont need help." Ashlynn frowned, "Stop treating me like im normal."

Steve shook his head quickly, his hair flying to the left and right quickly, "That's not what I mean. You just need help, Lynny, you need to forget about what happened"

Ashlynn's eyes brimmed with tears, she couldn't take it. Nobody knew how she felt. Nobody knew what happened, not really. They'd never go through the excruciating pain and torture she went through. Nobody would have the battle scars, the ones they look down at accidentally, the memories hitting her like a brick. All she wanted to do was feel safe again.

Ashlynn turned away from Steve, facing the window as they pulled up to the Wheeler household as she wiped her tears on the cuffs of her sweater.

Nancy ran down the stairs of her house, smiling at the two as she pulled the red door of the passenger seat open. Ashlynn sniffled, painting a smile on her face.

She shoved the feelings back into their jar, a heavy key piercing through her heart, a painful headache slipping through her head as she bottled her emotions up once more. She held her breath, counted to five and let it go again, relaxing herself.

"Nance!" Ashlynn spoke happily. Steve was always shook up at how quickly she could paint on a happy expression, acting as though she wasn't just on the verge of tears.

"Lynny, how are you?" Nancy smiled gently, leaning over the middle of the car awkwardly to give the younger girl a hug.

"I'm fine."

~*~

"Its crap, i know." Steve tapped on the steering wheel anxiously, he didn't like the fact he was portraying himself as dumb in front of his lover nor did he like the fact he actually had tried to make the essay good.

"No, its not crap." Nancy's voice was a little higher than usual as she read the essay with raised eyebrows, Ashlynn reading it over her shoulder.

Ashlynn smiled, her finger running over the words,

"I mean, it makes no sense, but it isn't that crap." Steve glared jokingly at Ashlynn as she spoke, but soon the two broke out into a fit of laughter.

"Idiot." Steve breathed a laugh, poking his younger sister gently in the head.

Ashlynn sighed, looking out of the window. She was waiting for her friend to show up, shove his bike into the bike rack and come over to free her from the captivity of the stuffy red car.

The blonde was too busy daydreaming to even notice three boys shove their bikes into the rack.

"There's your nerdy friend." Steve pointed carelessly out of the car and toward the bike racks with his thumb, where the four boys were stood, "and my brother." Nancy added.

Ashlynn snapped out of her daydream, humming curiously. Steve poked the window roughly, pointing at the dark skinned boy waving at the car.

"Okay. See you guys later." Ashlynn smiled softly at the couple, who were discussing Steve's attempt at an essay and completely forgetting she was there.

The blonde grabbed her pale bag and opened the car door, shuffling to get out. When she was out, she waved to her older brother and his girlfriend before taking a couple steps backwards.

"Lynn!" Ashlynn nearly jumped out of her skin hearing Lucas' voice directly behind her. She spun on her heels, her blonde locks hitting the dark skinned boy in the face.

A soft smile spread across the pale girls face. Ashlynn flung her arms around the boy's shoulders tightly, snuggling her face into his chest. Lucas smiled, wrapping his arms loosely around her slim waist.

"I missed you." Ashlynn smiled into his chest. Lucas smiled, hugging her tightly.

"I missed you too, Lynny." The two hadn't seen each other for the entirety of summer break, Ashlynn's break full of appointments and abroad holidays with her family and Lucas' of arcade dates and dungeons of dragons.

The pair walked to class together, catching up on their summer breaks as they walked. Ashlynn felt a little happier as she listened to Lucas' extravagant stories.

~

Ashlynn sat in her seat in science class, fidgeting with her pen. The pen clicked faster than her eyes blinked, she couldn't focus. The blondes anxiety was heightened, and her eyes were darting everywhere.

Ashlynn felt a horrible, sickly feeling rush from her heart to the pit of her stomach. She couldn't see it, but she could feel her face paling. The green eyed girl sucked in a breath, slamming her hand down on her thigh.

It was like she went back in time, or maybe to the future. Ashlynn let a groan release from her throat, the noise surprising her as it echoed.

She looked up, nearly throwing up from nerves as a sight surrounded her. A sight, filled with darkness. Nothingness. Ashlynn was terrified, she didn't know what was happening. Not until she heard a voice.

"His name is D'Artagnan..." Ashlynn gasped at the loud noise, the noise of a box opening. She spun around, her breath quickening. Ashlynn couldn't see much, only the familiar backs of Lucas and his friends heads. One wasn't recognizable to the blonde, though.

Her head turned to the side curiously, in the way a dog would. Curiosity replaced the feeling of fear in the pit of Ashlynn's stomach as she cautiously neared the circle of boys and one exception of a redheaded girl.

The five surrounded a table, one recognized as the AV clubs own. In the center of the table, a box with a creature inside of it stood proud and misplaced.

Ashlynn's head snapped toward Dustin, who's words she couldn't register, catching a glimpse of a pale, freckled face with striking blue eyes.
Ashlynn's breath almost caught in her throat, and not at Dustin's slimy looking reptile.

At the blue eyes she'd never once seen in her life, only, she saw herself too. Her very own figure, a small smile and pink tint spread across her face as she stood slightly behind the redhead.

Ashlynn tumbled backwards, her eyes widening. She was right here, stood right here. But she was also stood over there...?

It made no sense to the petite blonde, and didn't have a chance to either.

The black surroundings changed, the sight infront of her fading. Dustin's voice quietening to a complete silence, the blonde only hearing one more sentence.

"Dart for short."

She spun around in fear, a whimper escaping her tight throat as she fell onto the floor. It was only then she noticed the floor was wet, watery. Like the bottom of a pool.

A light entered her sight beside her. Ashlynn didn't bother analysing what it was before she clambered up, the wet floor making a slight splashing noise before the girl ran to the light.

Ashlynn ran, panting in fear as she neared the sight.

"Guys, can I come in now!" Ashlynn's fear nearly melted away again, the unknown redheads voice parading around the void like scenery. But the small feeling of safety disappeared as quickly as it came, the redhead disappearing too.

Now, it was only small flashes of scenes that she'd never even witnessed.

"Don't hurt him! Don't you hurt him." Ashlynn spun around in circles. She was going insane, was this the way she died. Maybe Steve was right and she did need help, she was weird, strange. Maybe she was a lab rat.

Ashlynn whimpered, tears brimming in her eyes. She fell to the floor, bringing her knees to her chest and crying into them.

"What's at the X? Pirate treasure?"

Ashlynn covered her ears, if this was how she died. She wanted it to go quickly, but that thought only seemed to make it slow down.

"-ot a lizard?"

"Because its face opened up and it ate my cat!!"

She screamed, the blonde didn't want to hear it. So, she did the only thing she could think of, and screamed. She slammed her hands down on the floor, her feet kicking the water too, like a toddler having a tantrum.

Ashlynn felt a tapping on her shoulder, she felt reality come back to her. Slowly. The water around her legs and hands dried up, and she felt her legs twist around the cold, metal legs of the desk chair. She slowed her breathing down before turning toward the person who tapped her.

"Uh, you sound like your having a fit." The brunette beside Ashlynn whispered, which made the blonde's face become bright red from embarrassment. The bored, floral clad girl pulled a piece of 'Anglo Bubbly' bubble gum from her pocket, raising her eyebrows and shoving it towards Ashlynn.

"Want it? Maybe itll distract you from nearly breaking your pencil." It was only now Ashlynn noticed how fast and hard she was tapping her pencil. It looked like it was ready to snap.

Ashlynn smiled gently and took the blue and yellow gum, thanking her.

"Ah, this must be our new student."

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────
WC: 2913
Edited
───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106K 2.6K 37
"your crazy max mayfield you know that?" "only for you" s2-S4 stranger things max mayfield x fem OC
524K 11.2K 38
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
301K 6.7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
88.7K 1.7K 21
Jamie 'Stiles' Harrington. Younger sister of Steve Harrington. She was well known by everyone in Hawkins. some would say she's a trouble maker. After...