Expectations // Soukoku

By zelouqin

Dazai Osamu does everything just to meet his parents' expectations Then Nakahara Chuuya turns his whole life... More

1 // The way it goes
2 // Call
3 // Plans
4 // The mall
5 // Free food
6 // School, school, school
8 // It's my life
9 // Not one bit
10 // Then you showed up
11 // So... What now?
12 // Coffee dates (Update!)
13 // Pretend all you want
14 // 3AM
15 // Cloudy dreams over the river
16 //My dopamine (lips like a masterpiece)
17 // Water flows in only to flow out
18 // Share it with you all day long
19 // Your smile (brightened up my days)
20 // Flowers blooming in me (END)

7 // Company

2.4K 109 161
By zelouqin

If anyone was wondering, yes, there are going to be other bungou stray dogs characters in this story.

Started: 19.9.2019

-------

As the week progressed, Dazai found out he also had a history with Chuuya. So they met each other in class on Tuesday, Thursday and the last lesson on Friday. And as much as he hated to admit it, Dazai was enjoying the time they spent together in those classes. But, he still wouldn't consider Chuuya a friend, just someone who kept him company a few times a week.

-

"Hey, Chuuya!"

Chuuya turned to the source of the voice calling his name, smiling as he saw his friend, Tachihara. They were childhood friends and had known each other since kindergarten, so they were close enough to use first names. Talking about first names, Chuuya hadn't even realised, but all this time, Dazai had been using his first name. Not that he was bothered by it though. 

"Oh, Michizou, what's up?" He asked as his friend walked up to him.

"Not much. Akutagawa and the others wanted me to come to talk to you." Tachihara replied, smiling back at Chuuya, nervously.

"Huh? Why? Did something happen?

 Tachihara shook his head. "No, it's about that weird kid."

It took Chuuya a while to realise who he meant by "weird kid" until it hit him. "Dazai?"

The mention of Dazai's name only received a shrug from Tachihara. "Probably. Anyway, the others said you've been hanging out with him a lot recently."

Chuuya wouldn't exactly say they have been hanging out a lot, just sat together in a few classes and sometimes greeted each other in the halls. And the problem being? Also, I wouldn't say a lot." He asked with a confused face.

"Chuuya, he's nothing but trouble. Haven't you heard the rumours?"

Both were quiet for a moment.

"Rumours? I don't know what you're talking about, but you don't believe in rumours, do you?"

"Dude, basically everyone knows. That guy never talks to anyone, never goes out (except the library but hush), some think his parents might abuse him, perfect criminal material!"

Chuuya looked at his friend, unimpressed. "Really? That's the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Just because he doesn't have friends or go out doesn't mean he's a criminal."

Tachihara held up his hands in defeat. "Don't say I didn't warn you."

Chuuya rolled his eyes. "Yeah, whatever. You know what, I'll prove you he's a good person."

And that's how the "Dazai The Criminal"-bet was born. Chuuya sure as hell was going to win it too, after all, he bet 5000¥ on it.

(A/N 5000¥ is around 42€ / 47$, I know it's a lot, but hear me out, it went something like this: "bet you 100¥" "not confident enough to bet more?" "500¥ then!" "I once won 1000¥ from Akutagawa by figuring out who his crush is, and yes he, he does have a heart by the way." "What? Who is it? Wait that's not important right now- 5000¥ and I'm gonna win this one Michizou!")

---

"Dazai!"

Dazai looked up from his book, only to be met with Mr Nakahara himself. "Oh, it's you."

Chuuya rolled his eyes as he sat down on the seat across Dazai. He looked around at the almost empty library and then back at the brunet. "Say, are you free after school today?" If he was going to win this bet, he would have to get closer to Dazai. The whole bet was stupid anyway! How was he supposed to prove Dazai wasn't a criminal?

Dazai looked at Chuuya with a confused expression but nodded. "Wanna hang out then?"

There was an immediate response: "Ask one of your friends."

This was going to be harder than he thought.

"They're all busy."

"Oh."

"Don't 'oh' me!"

"Oh."

"Are you even listening to me?!" Chuuya yelled in annoyance.

Dazai looked up from his book for a moment and then back down. "Not really."

"You-!" Chuuya stood up and walked over to Dazai, grabbing his collar and lifting him. (He had 5000¥ to win and wasn't afraid to use extreme measures) "Listen to me for a moment!" Dazai nodded.

"I'm just trying to offer you my company here, so are you free after school?" Dazai nodded again and Chuuya let go of him. "Wanna hang out?"

-

All the days Dazai had been repeating the same routine, never even sparing a thought to the kind of life his classmates were living, yet here he was, books spread on the coffee table, studying with Nakahara Chuuya on his couch.

To sum it up, Dazai had planned on rejecting the offer, but as it turned out, Chuuya was quite persistent about the two of them hanging out, thus they arrived at an agreement to hang out in Dazai's apartment and study.

Usually when with friends Chuuya would try to think of a more entertaining activity than studying, but one of Dazai's conditions was that they would study.

Chuuya lay back against the couch and groaned. "How long are you going to study?" Despite having agreed to the conditions earlier, his impatience was getting the best of him.

Dazai set the book he had been reading down on the coffee table and turned to Chuuya. "It's only been around an hour though." He said with a fake pout.

The ginger only spared him a glance before waving his hand dismissively. "Don't give me that face. Also, an hour is enough, let's do something more fun."

"More fun?" Dazai quietly thought about it for a moment until his eyes lit up and he sprang up from the couch. "Follow me." Chuuya did as told and followed Dazai into his messy bedroom.

As he entered, Chuuya observed all of the papers, books, and supplies that covered most of the floor, from the corners of his eyes. He didn't dare to ask Dazai about it. He was going to win that bet and a messy bedroom didn't make him a criminal.

Dazai told Chuuya to sit down on his bed as he walked to his wardrobe and pulled out what seemed to be a Nintendo hand console. He sat down next to Chuuya and grinned at him as he switched the small console on. It was one of the only times Chuuya had seen what he assumed was a genuine smile on Dazai's face.

A few hours passed as Dazai showed Chuuya his favourite games -or, well, all games that he owned, which wasn't many.

It was already rather late by the time he put the console back in the hiding spot. He had to hide "such distractions" (as his parents would say) from his parents.

He sat back down next to Chuuya with a sigh. "Are you leaving soon?" Instead of sounding annoyed like Dazai had tried to, he sounded worried, maybe even sad. It might have been true he had had a lot more fun than in a while, but he wouldn't admit that to himself.

"Yeah, Kouyou will get mad if I don't show up by 21:00(/9 PM)." Dazai looked down at Chuuya who was half lying down (Only supported by his arms) on his bed. "Oh." He mouthed.

"Are you going to miss me?" Chuuya jokingly asked, a grin on his face, as if the two of them weren't going to see each other at school.

"As if. You're so short that having you around makes no difference than not" Dazai chuckled, but he was cut short as Chuuya pulled him down by his collar.

"Hey! I told you not to make fun of my height!" Chuuya growled.

"Did I just hear something? Hmm, too bad I can't see anyone."

"Oh, you're so dead!"

Dazai just laughed as Chuuya rolled on top of him, still holding him by his collar. He gave Dazai an imitating look. "Don't make fun of my height, mackerel." (a nickname he had thought of just now.) Surprisingly enough, Dazai looked back at him with a blank expression, he didn't seem at all imitated by the male on top of him.

A moment passed as they just stared at each other, both seemingly trying to imitate the other. It lasted until Chuuya got up and awkwardly stood in place for a while. "I think I'll leave now. See you."

----

Finished: 29.10.2019

Sorry for the delay, I've been busy with school lately

Alsoooooooo I've finally updated the description :0

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 5.3K 23
ONGOING ❦ This fanfic is an alternate reality of my other one called "The Marionette", in which Dazai came back into your life permanently. I recomme...
9.8K 234 18
SOUKOKU. I haven't touched grass in hours 0//0 But anyways- TW: - suicide (duhπŸ’€) -smut (gets better as the story goes on) -self harm -gore - angst οΏ½...
61.6K 2K 33
"𝑰𝒕𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕 π’†π’—π’†π’“π’š π’…π’‚π’š π’šπ’π’– 𝒔𝒆𝒆 π’”π’π’Žπ’†π’π’π’† π’π’Šπ’Œπ’† π’šπ’π’–" In which Y/N becomes Dazai's assistant.... Never realizing the hard wo...
20.5K 543 34
Dazai and Chuuya were best friends in high school for 2 years they started dating the second year of high school for 2 months. But they broke up beca...