The Gilded Side | Gildedguy O...

By M_Pennanti

Just a small collection of some fanfics I've written for none other than Michael Moy's lovable and expressive... More

Under The Stars

1.2K 34 35
By M_Pennanti

Lilian bounced excitedly as Gildedguy was packing up the last few things.

"Wait. What are we doing again?" Lilian asked as he looked at the peculiar items in the backpack.

"Backyard camping," Gildedguy answered still putting some things in the pack.

"Backyard camping?" Lilian echoed.

"Yes," Gildedguy said, zipping up the backpack. "It's like normal camping, but you do it in your own backyard."

"Oh! That's gonna be so much fun!" Lilian cheered. "I can't wait to sleep under the stars!"

He sprung around impatiently as Gildedguy put on the backpack and scooped up the tent.

"Alright, let's go!" Gildedguy said, walking up to the door. Lilian bounced up to his side, pushing open the door to the outside. He was just about to step onto the porch before he heard a loud CRACK!

Lilian and Gildedguy stared blankly outside at the pouring rain and the soaking wet grass. A loud rumble churned through the air as the result of a nearby lightning strike.

Gildedguy's shock slowly morphed into a seething feeling of bitterness. It was supposed to be bright and sunny today! There wasn't even a chance of rain in the forecast earlier.

As Gildedguy glared at the deluge from the sky, Lilian sighed in defeat. He turned around and stepped back inside somberly. "How are we gonna sleep under the stars now?" He asked, planting himself on the floor.

Gildedguy closed the door a slight more harshly than he had intended. He dropped the tent and took off his backpack before slumping down in a chair, frustrated with himself for not considering the possibility of rain.

After a moment, he heard the patting of small feet and looked up across the room to see Lilian, his face up against the window. He breathed on it, causing a small cloud of condensation to appear on the glass. He then proceeded to draw a smiley face with his finger.

Gildedguy chuckled to himself. He never had admitted it, but he admired and was a little envious of Lilian for his undying enthusiasm to turn any sad moment into a mountain of fun. Even though the activity he was very excited about was ruined, he still found a way to make the best of it. If only Gildedguy could find a way to turn this failed trip into an enjoyable one.

Then he got an idea.

Gildedguy jumped off of the chair and ran to a nearby chest that was full of an assortment of items. Lilian perked up at the sudden excitement and walked over to the chest.

Gildedguy dug around for a bit before pulling out a long red cape, similar to his own, but the other side of the fabric was glitzed in bright, dazzling green and white stars. Along with it was a Cowboy hat that was also red on the outside but glistening with stars within. Lilian picked up the hat and observed it. He then took off his cardboard mask and put the hat on, it quickly sinking over his small head.

He lifted it up to see that Gildedguy had moved away from the chest with an arm full of pillows and placed them in the center of the floor. He then went back to the chest and brought out two long red curtains, which he placed with the pillows.

As Gildedguy rushed away to retrieve something else, Lilian ran up to the large pile of blankets and pillows and jumped into it, landing softly on top and sinking into it a bit. He then popped his head up out of the pillows and saw Gildedguy returning with some foldable chairs he had stowed away somewhere.

"Here," Gildedguy said upon seeing Lilian. "Set these up over by the window." He pointed to another part of the house a few feet away. Lilian quickly crawled out of the soft cave he had created and picked up one of the chairs. Gildedguy pushed his bed from the corner into the center of the wall, and then pushed it away from the wall a few feet, his Jade plushie falling off in the process.

Lilian ran over and picked her up, dusting her off from any dirt she may have picked up from the floor before placing her gently on one of the chairs he had unfolded. He turned back to Gildedguy, who had found some ropes and was tying them to the ceiling using little hooks that hung down from it- which were hammered in the ceiling at some places.

After the ropes were stroon to the hooks, Gildedguy took the curtains and hung one over them, but in a more circus-tent way than a curtain-like way. He then grabbed the ends of one side of the curtain and pulled it over to the bed, placing pillows over the curtain so it would stay put. He then proceeded to do the same on the other side, but with the chairs instead of the bed.

Lilian suddenly realized what Gildedguy was constructing. He quickly yanked out some sleeping bags and laid them out under the curtain. He looked up to see Gildedguy holding the star-covered cape to the ceiling, tying the four corners to the ropes until it was spread neatly across the ceiling, starry side facing down towards Lilian. The stars on the cape even seemed to twinkle and shine down at him. Lilian beamed up at them in response.

Gildedguy took off his helmet and took a few steps back to admire the epic blanket fort that he and Lilian had spent the last hour working hard to create. "Oh yeah," He thought to himself, feeling a surge of pride in his chest. "I totally just turned this night around."

He and Lilian laid down under the hanging sheets, looking up at the one that was sprinkled in stars. They didn't dare climb in the sleeping bags- the heat that would build up in them would be far too overwhelming- so they instead decided to sleep on top of them.

Gildedguy's armor and Lilian's mask were set off to the side of the fort. The Jade doll was propped up against Gildedguy's chest plate and was blanketed in one of the ribbons from the cardboard mask.

Gildedguy turned to Lilian, who was on his own sleeping bag about two feet away. "I'm sorry it's not actually a backyard campout." He apologized.

"This is even better than backyard camping!" Lilian declared. "Even though I've never done it before."

Lilian pointed up at the starry 'sky'. "And at least we get to sleep under the stars!" He added gleefully. Gildedguy nodded but didn't say anything. All of that work setting up the fort made him tired, sure, but it was mostly that stacked on top of him-packing-and-preparing-to-go-camping-and-then-having-to-put-it all-back-the-same-day was what really exhausted him so much that he didn't want to talk. Lilian seemed to sense this and decided to leave him alone.

"Even for someone as awesome as Gildedguy, he still gets tired." Lilian thought to himself. "I should help him out sometime."

They slept peacefully throughout the night, the pitter-patter of the rain against the roof becoming a soothing background noise instead of the daunting sound the raindrops were making earlier. Dry and warm, both of them considered this day one of the best they'd ever had.

--------------------------------------------------

A/N

Well, there it is. My first ever story on Wattpad. And I am very hopeful it's also not my last- haha-

I'm still very new to Wattpad, and even writing in general, and I hope that eventually, my experiences here will assist me in becoming an even better storyteller!

If you have any advice as to how I might improve, please, I'd love to hear it! :)

--------------------------------------------------

Keep on smiling! :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

795K 29.4K 97
๐€ ๐’๐Œ๐€๐‹๐‹ ๐…๐€๐‚๐“: you are going to die. does this worry you? โช tua s1 โŽฏโŽฏโŽฏ 4 โซ ยฉ ๐™ต๐™ธ๐š…๐™ด๐™ท๐š‡๐š๐™ถ๐š๐™ด๐™ด๐š…๐™ด๐š‚...
1.5M 35K 60
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that. -Completed-
1.5M 26.4K 55
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
1M 33.7K 80
"๐™พ๐š‘, ๐š•๐š˜๐š˜๐š” ๐šŠ๐š ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ๐š–! ๐šƒ๐š ๐š˜ ๐š•๐š’๐š๐š๐š•๐šŽ ๐š—๐šž๐š–๐š‹๐šŽ๐š› ๐š๐š’๐šŸ๐šŽ๐šœ! ๐™ธ๐š'๐šœ ๐š•๐š’๐š”๐šŽ ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ๐šข'๐š›๐šŽ...๐š๐š˜๐š™๐š™๐šŽ๐š•๐šรค๐š—๐š๐šŽ๐š›๐šœ ๐š˜๐š ๐šŽ๐šŠ๐šŒ๐š‘...