venus | virgil van dijk

By -pulpfiction

- when you touch me i die, just a little inside. More

introduction.
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight
nine.
eleven.
twelve
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.

ten.

1.7K 57 19
By -pulpfiction

can't believe this fanfic is a flop, a tragedy

CAT

today's my first proper day at my new job and i'm nervous but also excited. i won't be actually doing a lot of work as they'll just show me how everything works and where everything is. some of the people i've told about my new job think i'll be working with the players, i mean it isn't completely incorrect but i just won't be seeing them all day everyday.

'first day?' says a voice behind me.

'was it that obvious?' i say laughing as i turn around to face them.

'don't worry about it too much, you'll do great.' he says with a smile.

'thank you.'

'i'm andrew by the way.'

andrew robertson, liverpool left back. thought he looked very familiar but i didn't want to get it wrong within my first day.

'it's nice to meet you, i'm catalina.' i say and he looks at me surprised.

'so you're the catalina?'

'um yes? is there a problem or something?'

'oh no, nothing like that. would you like me to show you around?'

'no thank you, i'm starting to know my way around here but thanks for the offer.'

'no problem, see you around.' he says with a smile before walking off.

'you too andrew.' i say back.

the catalina? what is that supposed to mean?

-

it's currently my lunch break and after finishing my lunch, i decide to spend the rest of my break, sat outside watching the rest of their training session. after being unbiased for so many years, it's all new to me spending time focused on one club. it's quite a nice change though, not having to be on top of all teams and their players.

as i sit down with my mug of tea, i watch them train to try to recognise all the players and i quickly recognise virgil. i watch one of the coaches say something to them and they all suddenly stop and start stretching. alex notices me and gives me a quick smile but saying something to virgil then virgil looks over at me. he smiles and winks which makes me roll my eyes but i give him a small wave.

a few minutes later, they've finished and virgil walks over to me.

'what's cooking good looking?' he says sitting next to me which makes me burst out laughing.

'really virgil? that's your best pick up line?'

'it made you laugh though didn't it?'

'i suppose, only because it was incredibly bad.' i say then i notice his teammates look over at us and talk amongst one another.

'oh yes you, you've spoken about me to your teammates haven't you?' i say looking at him and his eyes just widen.

'i have no idea what you're talking about.' he says nervously and scratching the back of his head.

'am i making the great virgil van dijk nervous?' i say.

'no.' he says scoffing but we both know he's lying.

'you might be a good footballer but you're not a good liar.' i say laughing.

VIRGIL

i watch catalina talk to some of the other staff members while i eat my lunch.

'bro stop staring.' says joe sitting opposite me.

'i'm not staring at anything.' i say looking at him.

'yeah sure you weren't.' he says quickly looking in her direction.

'see you're looking at her again! she's not going anywhere mate.' he says laughing.

'but in all seriousness virgil, just ask her out.'

'you know i can't do that. she has a boyfriend.'

'nah she doesn't.'

'yeah she does. he's called james.'

'he was called james. i overheard her talk about her break up and it sounded messy.'

i want to believe joe that she broke up with james but still there's a part of me that thinks it's too good to be true.

'i don't know man, if she's just got out of a relationship i don't want to be that kind of person.'

'when have you ever cared about something like that? mate, she has you wrapped around her little finger without even realising it.'

'no she doesn't.' i say frowning but failing to sound believable that joe just looks at me.

'just give it a go, you never know.' he says with a shrug.

'give what a go?' says a voice and we both look up and there's catalina standing there.

'nothing.'

'fifa twenty.' joe and i say at the same time and we just look at each other.

'fifa twenty? you're literally on the cover.' she says looking at me. joe just looks at me then at catalina before standing up. i just glare at him and motion him to sit back down.

'right i got to go and do something, i'll see you both later.' he says giving me a wink.

'care to tell me what's really happening?'

'nothing, he's just an idiot.'

-

'where's your car?' i ask her as we walk out into the carpark.

'i'm coming by train at the minute.'

'would you like a lift to the train station?'

'yeah sure why not, thanks.' she says with a smile as we walk over to my car. i unlock the car and she gets into the passenger's side while i put my bag in the back before sitting in the driver's seat.

'so by train, why's that?'

'it's just until a find a place nearer.'

'did you finally manage to convince your manchester city supporting boyfriend?' i ask and she pulls a face.

i wanted to know what joe said earlier was true or not by bringing it slowly into conversation without asking it directly.

'you mean that egotistical mentally abusing lying son of a bitch also known as james? oh yeah we broke up.'

i try my best not to react in a positive way by staring straight ahead at the road.

'i know deep down you're happy virgil, you don't need to act all fake about it.' she says laughing slightly but it sounded force.

'still i'm really sorry cat, i know how hard break ups can be.'

'i'm sure i'll get over it.'

a few seconds later, i pull up by the train station.

'oh before i go, hand me your phone but unlock it first.' she asks looking at me and putting her hand out. i get my phone out my pocket and unlock it before handing it to her, confusingly.

'i just added my number on your phone. maybe we could hang out or something.'

'anyway, thank you once again for the ride. i'll see you around.' she says handing me back my phone with a smile before getting out of the car.

'yeah see you around.' i say back.

so not being a dick really gets you places huh?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

191K 4.6K 30
COMPLETED | ❝Her daddy told her how to fix cars, maybe she could fix me.❞
4.5K 67 7
In which you have your heart broken and Trent tries to help you move on. Imagine.
122K 1.3K 33
A summer in Europe with her best friend was meant to be relaxing and stress free. But it was anything but. Who knew that a night out in Liverpool and...