Us | tk

By NimraSajjad

Jeon Jeongguk, a guy who loves staying hidden behind his mask, sees Kim Taehyung, a new student in his class... More

Character Introduction
Chapter 1: University
Chapter 2: Descent
Chapter 3: Library
Chapter 4: Book
Chapter 5: Consistency
Chapter 6: Runes
Chapter 8: Simple
Chapter 9: Silk
Chapter 10: Gaiety
Chapter 11: Hierarchy
Chapter 12: Fuchsia
Chapter 13: Mystery
Chapter 14: Wings
Chapter 15: Shadow
Chapter 16: Pulse
Chapter 17: Astral
Chapter 18: Hallelujah
Chapter 19: Chirping
Chapter 20: Us
Thank You 《End》
New Book

Chapter 7: Damsel

37.1K 2.1K 1.9K
By NimraSajjad

Pic cred to rightful owner

Ignore the mistakes plz :)

Third Person POV

Taehyung held the lillies close to his chest, all the bouquets in his arms as he walks behind Jeongguk. They are exiting the clinical department. It's almost eleven when they leave. Jeongguk told Taehyung he can rest in the clinical wing for the night but Taehyung wanted to leave that place as soon as possible.

"You know, I really like lillies." Taehyung says as they walk out of the University.

"They are my favorite too, I didn't know your favorite so I got these." Jeongguk says.

"Oh wow, we both have same liking to flowers." Taehyung giggles as he steps excitedly.

"Yeah." Jeongguk utters, smiles because Taehyung is way too excited just because of some flowers.

"Now you know what to bring me when I'm in the hospital next time." Taehyung says and Jeongguk halts, making the other almost bump into him.

"What happened?" Taehyung asks as Jeongguk turns around.

"Why would you say you're coming here again?" Jeongguk asks, frowns.

"Just saying---anything can happen you know." Taehyung shrugs as he crosses Jeongguk and starts walking again.

"Stop saying shit like that and start eating properly." Jeongguk says, tries to say it casually but concern laces his voice.

"Yeah, yeah. I will." But Taehyung sounds so casual and carefree about it. Jeongguk sighs.

"It's getting chilly." Taehyung says, wants to change the subject and not discuss about himself.

"It's fucking freezing, not just chilly." Jeongguk says. "You're clad in two jackets that's why you're warm."

"I want icecream." Taehyung says and Jeongguk rolls his eyes.

"No, you just got out of clinic, don't be stupid." Jeongguk says as he walks faster so he's next to Taehyung.

"Doesn't make any sense as to why I can't eat icecream." Taehyung looks at Jeongguk. The dormitory building is in front of them but Taehyung doesn't want to go there just yet. Also, he hasn't called his mother today. She'll be worried.

"Taehyung, please. You can get icecream tomorrow." Jeongguk says and Taehyung shakes his head.

"But I want to eat it right now, with you. You'll be at work tomorrow and I'm mostly busy or studying when you come back." Taehyung says, touching the flowers softly with the tips of his fingers.

With you. It's really difficult to say no now.

"You need rest Taehyung and I promise we'll go eat icecream right after the classes end." Jeongguk says and Taehyung turns towards him, looks at him with narrowed eyes.

"Why should I believe you?" Taehyung asks.

"I swear I'll take you. You and I both know that you need rest." Jeongguk says and Taehyung does know, feels that he needs to rest and sleep properly, even his legs are hurting due to walking.

"If you break your promise, either I'm not talking to you ever or I'll keep annoying you." Taehyung says and Jeongguk chuckles.

"You can't stay quiet in the dorm and you definitely can't not annoy me. You do it all the time." Jeongguk says and Taehyung wrinkles his nose.

"We'll see." Taehyung says, heads up and starts walking. He is in desperate need of sleep even though he was unconscious for hours.

Jeongguk shakes his head as he chuckles again and jogs upto Taehyung.

In the dorm, when Jeongguk goes to change in the bathroom, Taehyung eats the painkiller.

--------------------------

"Hey Taehyung, how are you feeling now?" Momo asks when she sees Jeongguk and Taehyung walking towards the class in the hallway.

Jeongguk woke up first, he stayed in bed until Taehyung woke up. The blonde kept insisting that he's not hungry but Jeongguk took him to the cafeteria of the dormitory building and Taehyung had to eat. Jeongguk didn't really force him because he only said one thing;

"We're not going to icecream parlor if you won't eat breakfast." Jeongguk said and Taehyung sticks out his tongue.

"As if I can't go there myself." Taehyung huffs.

"Fine, see you in class then." Jeongguk nonchalantly says as he puts on his mask. He walks towards the door and Taehyung groans lightly.

"Fine! Let's go eat the mighty breakfast." Taehyung says and Jeongguk looks at him in amusement and triumph, it shows in his eyes.

And Taehyung can definitely go alone to eat icecream but he wants to go with Jeongguk and he doesn't know why.

"I'm all good now." Taehyung smiles at Momo. The moment Taehyung and Jeongguk entered the University, they caught almost everyone's attention because first;

They never saw Jeongguk coming to university with anyone else, hell---not even talk to anyone except Jimin and Hoseok rarely but lately, Taehyung is an exception.

Secondly, those who saw Taehyung faint and Jeongguk picking him up and rushing towards the medical department were looking at both of them with curious, amused, taunting and a few concerned eyes. Taehyung liked none of them.

So he did what Jeongguk told him to, he looked at him, engaged in a simple conversation but didn't look away and he doesn't care if he falls because he's not looking ahead.

"Oh, that's good to hear." Momo says and smiles softly so does Taehyung.

"Oh, isn't that the damsel in distress?" Taehyung hears a taunting voice and he turns around, finds a guy who has seen with Minjun a few times though Minjun isn't there.

And Jeongguk doesn't want to create a ruckus in the hallway if that asshole won't shut up. For Taehyung, he definitely will---though he doesn't need to because Taehyung will do that himself.

"Oh I am. What are you gonna do about that?" Taehyung doesn't know form where that confident came from because just moments ago, he was so nervous.

The guy raises his eyebrow and bites his lips in amusement, stepping forward. Taehyung steps forward too.

"Wasn't so confident when you fell in that asshole's arms huh?" The guy says and Taehyung feels immense anger bubble inside him.

Jeongguk is used to this, he knows how to ignore the comments thrown to him, however---Taehyung isn't used to his and why should he be.

"So hero? You tryin' to impress him?" His eyes fall on Jeongguk who just  glares at him and says nothing.

"Oh hey---". Taehyung flicks his fingers to get the guy's attention. "Eyes over here, you talk to me." He utters and the guy does looks at him.

"Taehyung, let's go." Jeongguk says but oh no, Taehyung isn't going anywhere.

Jimin and Hoseok are in the hallway too and Jeongguk looks at them, pleads them to stop Taehyung. Jimin and Hoseok however, don't.

"Listen to your hero, damsel---don't wanna be in that situation again right." The guy smirks and Taehyung steps forward. Everyone in the hallway are looking at them and phones are out of course.

"What if I won't huh?" Taehyung pushes the guy back slightly, uses his index and middle finger.

"What if I want to fall in his arms again?" Taehyung pushes him again, looks him dead on the eye.

"What is it to you---any of it?" Taehyung keeps pushing, the guy steps backwards as Taehyung moves forward.

"You---". Taehyung utters, pokes the guy's chest as his back hits the wall.

"You have fucking nothing. To. Do. With. What. I. Want. Or. Do." Every word Taehyung says is punctuated with a harsh poke on guy's chest as Taehyung keeps glaring at him.

"Don't ever open your mouth infront of me or my hero if you don't want to be the one in distress." Taehyung gritts his teeth, shoves the guy harshly after that and with one last glare, is about to turn around when he hears his name.

"Taehyung? What's going on?" It's Minjun whi decided to enter the scene. Taehyung turns to him when he comes to stand next to them.

"Minjun-ssi, make sure your buddy stays in his lane next time. I'm not as weak as I look." Taehyung whispers the last words for Minjun and his asshole of a friend.

"I apologize for whatever he did." Minjun says and Taehyung snorts, the dramatic words no longer appeal him.

He turns around, walks towards Jeongguk who is successful in hiding his surprise.

"Let's go." Taehyung says, breathes deeply as he feels a bit of sweat tickling I'm his hair.

Jeongguk nods and follows Taehyung inside the class, Jimin and Hoseok fors the same. Taehyung rushes towards the seat next to Jeongguk's and fans himself with his hand.

"Oh, just a minute." Hoseok utters and he takes of a page from his bag and starts fanning Taehyung with it. Jimin laughs and Taehyung chuckles.

"You were amazing out there Taehyung. I'm fucking proud of you." Hoseok says. Jeongguk comes to sit next to Taehyung, an amused smiles on his lips.

"I don't know what happened to me really. I just---lost it." Taehyung says, now feeling a little---nervous.

The class starts to fill with students and everyone give Taehyung one glance atleast, they don't mind their own damn business and that's what Taehyung hates. Maybe that is why he talked back to that guy.

"Now if Minjun tries to pull any kind of shit like this, which he will---you do worse with him." Jimin says.

"Oh I know, I'm kind of waiting for him to show me his real self." Taehyung says.

"Of his friend is like this, he'll be worse." Jeongguk says and Taehyung finally turns to him. He thought Jeongguk has gone mute.

"Okay, you relax now Taehyung. Don't think much about those assholes." Jimin pats his shoulder. Taehyung hums, keeps his eyes on Jeongguk who's taking out his text book.

Jimin and Hoseok go to their seat, Minjun and his friends enter the class yet Taehyung doesn't give a shit.

"Hero? Was it really embarrassing when I fell in your arms." Taehyung asks and Jeongguk looks at him with a raised eyebrow, finds the amusement in Taehyung's expression.

"First, don't call me hero, second, you were gonna fall on the floor, not in my arms." Jeongguk replies and Taehyung hums.

"So you caught me then. Aww, you're really a hero." Taehyung coos and Jeongguk rolls his eyes.

"You're really annoying." Jeongguk utters and Taehyung rests his chin on his palm, elbow over desk and keeps looking at Jeongguk with a wide smile.

"You are more." Taehyung says and Jeongguk looks away.

"You remember your promise right?" Taehyung says and Jeongguk nods.

"Can't ever forget it." Jeongguk nonchalantly says and Taehyung nudges him, pouts.

"You sound like it's a burden." Taehyung says.

"It is." Jeongguk replies and Taehyung gasps, hits his arm.

"You're so evil. Now you're definitely taking me out for icecream." Taehyung says and Jeongguk nods.

"I know, I have no other choice." Jeongguk days and Taehyung huffs, glares at Jeongguk while pouting and then looks away, the rest of the class looks at from at the same time and Taehyung rolls his eyes.

Jeongguk doesn't know why he's giving in to this change---the change that's on form of Kim Taehyung.

----------------------------

"I don't wanna go." Taehyung says as he folds his arms on his chest even though he's ready. Jeongguk was changing and he didn't know what's going on in this town up baby's mind.

In front of Taehyung, Jeongguk comes out of the bathroom without the fast for the first time.

"Why?" Jeongguk asks as he puts on the shoes.

"You're probably just pitying me because of my condition yesterday. I know you don't want to go with me." Taehyung says and Jeongguk raises his eyebrow.

"Then why did you change?" Jeongguk asks and Taehyung clears his throat.

"I am going to the library for a new book." Taehyung says and Jeongguk snorts.

"But you haven't completed that---".

"That's not the point. I'm going to library after eating icecream---with someone else." Taehyung says and Jeongguk frowns, grip tightens on his jacket in his hand.

"Well, if you've already made plans with someone else then I think I should get going to my work." Jeongguk says and Taehyung looks at him, hides his panicked expression with a glare.

"See, you don't even put up a fight. You are happy that I said no myself." Taehyung says, looks away again.

"It's not my fault that you think it's a burden for me when it's not." Jeongguk replies and Taehyung gets up.

"What your voice was so---emotionless and you weren't even looking at me in the class! How was I supposed to take that as a good sign?" Taehyung exclaims.

"You should know by now that this is how I am." Jeongguk defends himself.

"Don't you get tired of acting like that always?" Taehyung utters and Jeongguk looks at him with a borderline annoyed expression.

"What is it to you? I can act however I want and I don't care if you have a problem with that." Jeongguk says and Taehyung chuckles bitterly.

"You know what---I wanted to go to eat icecream especially with you because I saw how sweet and caring you can get---but---". Taehyung pauses, steps forward.

"That was just for one day. You're back at surrounding yourself with the tough walls that are there for no damn purpose---".

"You don't fucking know anything and don't go so smart and bookish genius with me without knowing the reason." Jeongguk interrupts him.

"I said nothing about the reason. There definitely is some reason but---there is no purpose of the walls you've built around yourself." Taehyung says.

"I thought I could get to know you more, having to finally see your face made me realize you were far better with that mask on in front of me because either way---it makes no difference or changes nothing." Taehyung says as if given up.

Jeongguk doesn't want Taehyung to give up on him so easily now that he has finally allowed Taehyung to get close to him.

"I was so stupid to think so highly of myself, to think that we both will go outside together, not just today but many more and you'll finally open up to me and maybe get to socialize---I guess I was being over efficient and an idiot to think I could change you." Taehyung says, sighs shakily.

"You're right, you're no one to change me. Don't bother because it's not going to happen." Jeongguk says with a cold voice.

Please keep trying. Jeongguk wants to plead but---this goddamn ego.

"Oh trust me, I won't. Sorry for trying." Taehyung says and he does feel stupid for thinking so mighty of himself because changing people---is very difficult, borderline impossible.

Taehyung thought Jeongguk was just playing with him while being so bored about the little outing just to annoy Taehyung, he didn't know he really was not---interested.

"It wouldn't have hurt you if you were just, a little happy you know." Taehyung says and he wants to laugh because Jeongguk looks away.

"By the I'm sorry, for making a fool out of you in the hallway, yesterday and today as well. Won't happen again." Taehyung says and waits for Jeongguk's response. When he doesn't get one, he leaves the room.

Taehyung couldn't help but feel guilty. He was just joking when he said he doesn't want to go and that he's going with someone else---it's not true at all. There is no someone else and Taehyung was dying to go with him.

He just wanted to see how much Jeongguk is excited for this. He knows it's just a little outing and means nothing but he is a believer of the words; smallest things make the biggest impact.

So what if Taehyung wanted Jeongguk to come sit next to him and ask why he doesn't want to go? Who is he going with? Why is he not going with him? What did he do wrong? Jeongguk could've asked atleast one of these questions but be didn't.

Taehyung would've loved it if Jeongguk just grabbed his arm and graded him to the icecream parlor, saying; I'm done with your childish behavior. But they still would be together.

Taehyung wants to slap himself for thinking he found someone like that. He thought Jeongguk really is---different and---he just can't find words to describe him.

He hates to say he was wrong. Be still hopes he's wrong.

Taehyung's out of the dorm building when he hears him name.

"Taehyung!" It's Jeongguk's voice and Taehyung's head is already hurting, he doesn't want to talk anymore.

Jeongguk almost hit his knuckles on the wall back in the dorm. He wasn't at fault but Taehyung's words make him feel like he was. Maybe he is. But Taehyung is too---yeah, he is too.

But Jeongguk couldn't see Taehyung walking away from him. It scared him.

And Taehyung's words---always made him confused and made him feel like he doesn't know himself even a little bit. It scared him.

Taehyung scares him. Him getting closer scares him.

"Taehyung, please." Jeongguk was running towards him as Taehyung picks up pace. He's stopped by a firm hold on his wrist and he's spun back.

"Taehyung, listen--".

"Let go of me. I'm not in a mood of talking right now." Taehyung says as he tries to get away from Jeongguk's hold but the other didn't hold him just to let go.

"Look, I'm sorry okay. I really am but---just don't be upset because of me." Jeongguk says and Taehyung snorts.

"It's nearly impossible to believe you're sorry Jeongguk. And why are you sorry. You did nothing---this is who you are." Taehyung says and Jeongguk sighs.

Taehyung was irritated because Jeongguk's wearing his mask again.

"I swear I'm sorry. I am not used to so much affection and kindness and it sometimes makes me--".

"No excuses. The kindness, affection and love are all around you, you're just blinded by your ego and attitude to be able to see it. You take off that blindfold first and then talk to me." Taehyung says as jerks away his hand from Jeongguk's hold.

Jeongguk fucking wonders how Taehyung knows exactly what's wrong with him.

"But I want to talk to you right now." Jeongguk says in a desperate voice and Taehyung almost---almost loses his anger.

"But I can't talk to you Jeongguk---". Taehyung says and Jeongguk's eyes turn desperate.

"But why." Jeongguk utters though Taehyung's soft yet harsh words make him shudder.

"Because I can't see you. I can't see you Jeongguk. You're hidden---".

"You're far away from me to touch you, to hear you." Taehyung whispers and his expression is also pleading.

"There is no one I was going to icecream parlor with---I just wanted to go with you." Taehyung says, smiles and it's sad.

He turns around and Jeongguk doesn't stop him this time. He's too confused---shocked and---and just messed up right now.

And it's all because of Taehyung yet Jeongguk can't seem to be angry at the blonde---but only himself.

--------------------------

^emo hours: open 😫😫❤

^holyyyyy shittttt yesssss💜💜❤❤

^this is going to be a legendary serial. 🔥🔥🔥❤ Ehd-e-Wafa

"Who can cure the pain of this world---
The fire burns in different colors until it's gone."

------------------------------

Hello beautiful people. How are you guys.

Hope you liked this uhhh chap.

Vote share and comment

Have a good day and peaceful night.
Bye...
خداحافظ۔۔۔

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 49K 83
[JJK x KTH] social media fic | Where in innocent Taehyung's ass nude accidentally got sent to the group chat. And where Jungkook, who apparently hate...
500K 32.4K 63
(EDITED) A story in which Taehyung had to act.. more like going Undercover...Why? Just to catch the biggest Mafia of the time with proofs. "You loo...
863K 43.2K 41
[COMPLETED] Original Work from @JeonTaeTrash. All righst to the author. I am just republishing her work since her whole book was deleted and I would...
1M 43.2K 43
where an artsy, socially awkward hipster boy falls for a very popular instagram influencer who goes by the name of @bunnyboy ↓ gguk ↑ tae cover by @V...