Our Worlds (An Islamic story)

By Dilaras_Destiny

Hajara and Sarah are muslim high school girls from the 2070's. They have a normal teen life but when their pa... More

First day of school
I'm Sorry
Birthday
War
Surprise!
Introduced
shopping
Wedding
Married life
Under the same roof
My love for her
The War Begins
Home alone
I hate life!
The new beginning
Marriage!
Alone
School
School trip
Lost and Found
Anniversary!
Having Fun!
Surprise meeting!
Kidnapped!
The shocking Kidnapper
Moving out!
Our endless love (Epilogue)
Check out the next sequel...

Her day off!

392 41 7
By Dilaras_Destiny

Yusuf POV:

Due to Hajara's sudden fever she was absent, math class seemed pretty deserted without her. Her seat remained empty with no signs of her sweet shy smiles or laughs.

"Soo... that's the reason you're taking math this semester?" Ibrahim asked curiously, cocking his eyebrow.

"What?" I asked in confusion,before it finally had hit me. "Dude did I just say my thoughts out loud?" I facepalmed myself. 

Ibrahim smirked, "Sooo.... Why did you leave yesterday?" Ibrahim asked while typing equations on his glass screen tablet in his hand.

 I tapped my screen with my surface pen unconsciously and began doing the same, "Family matters. " I said flatly.

 Austin looked at me to say something but I looked away, ignoring him. I can't look at someone who tried to abuse my family. If I wasn't there yesterday, god knows what would happen to Hajara. I ignored Austin the whole day even though he tried to talk to me several times. 

After school, I hopped in my car to drop Sarah home first while Benyamin sat beside me in the passenger seat drumming his fingers on the window seal with boredom. 

"Bye little cousin." I waved at Sarah when I arrived at her place. She smiled sweetly waving back ignoring Benyamin all along. I knew they were not yet in talking or relationship mode yet, leaving me wondering... were they that shy?

Sarah quickly came running back when I was about to pull away from the driveway. "Umm... guys my mom's calling you two in." 

When she went back in, I looked at Benyamin questionically as he stared at her silhouette  the entire time. "Is something going on between you two?" I asked concerned.

"No, it's just awkward talking to her. That is what she thinks too... I am guessing." Benyamin trailed off awkwardly.

I laughed out loud, "Are you kidding me? You'ree a guy for crying out loud and you find things awkward?" 

He shot me a weird look. "A guy has feelings too, big bro. Well maybe not you!" He looked at me angrily as he got out of the car slamming the door. He straightened his shirt, and adjusted his glasses before entering Aunt's house. 

I got in after him taking a seat in the living room, Benyamin took another sofa and laid down on it, not before he dozed off to sleep instantly. I mentally face palmed myself, way to embarrass me bro! But again, this was my paternal and maternal aunts house, she was more like our second mother.

 My aunt walked in, not before giving a weird look towards Benyamin. "Wow, he just comes in and starts snoring. He seems to be very tired, well I called you two in to talk to you both about something... guess we can't anymore." My aunt laughed as grabbed a blanket and covered him up. Weirdly, I  noticed that my own eyelids were getting heavier and heavier until I also fell into a deep slumber.

This house sure had some sleeping spells!

******************************************

"Hajara, you feeling well?" It was the first thing that slipped out of my mouth when I looked at her, she was sitting few meters away glancing at me weirdly. 

"Walaikum Assalam, I guess I was suppose to ask you that?" She asked curiously raising her eyebrows. "You're the one who barged into my house and fell asleep like some freaking weirdo."

"What do you mean? This is my blood related aunts house, in other words its also like my house too." I countered, "I literally have the right to stay here."

She smiled sweetly, "Well, I've never seen  you in this house before the wedding." 

"The adults have their ways to keep a secret." My aunt interrupted us, barging in our conversation with a mischevious smirk. They sure did!

That's when I noticed, Binyamin was not anywhere to be seen. "Where's Binyamin?" I asked looking around frantically.

"Oh, he went home." My aunt said casually, "He only slept few minutes and left with your car."

"What ... He took my car?" I yelled. That.... no swearing Yusuf, even if it's your own freaking brain!

Haraam.

"Yup." My eyes fell upon my aunt who was packing items into boxes. "Oh my god, I need more boxes to pack these things. I gotta go and call your dad." She informed Hajara before scurrying out the room leaving us two alone again.

"What time is it?" I asked, struggling to check the time on my watch.

"10:50 pm." Hajara said, getting up from her spot and suddenly planting her soft hand on my forhead and then quickly snatching it back. "Oww, you have a fever. I guess I passed it down to you. No wonder you were sleeping for hours!"

"What the hell, I missed Maghrib salah!" I jolted up, panicking. Oh my god! 

My eyes land on the boxes my aunt was packing. "What's up with those big boxes that aunt's working on?" I asked curiously.

"The adults are packing up and going next week to Canada in my dad's private jet." She explained. Her dad owned a private jet because he was a pilot, an extraordinary one. "So basically, they will make many trips back and forth to get our things to Canada. That was what my mother wanted to talk to you guys about, I guess."

"Oh." I tried to get up but I immediately fell back on the sofa feeling weak. Hajara quickly rushed to my side and sat beside me. 

"I need to go home." I whispered.

"Your not even in the state of going home." She said with concern holding my hand. "Don't worry, my mom will let you stay here with us for the night, she already spoke to your mom." I put my head on her lap and she ran her fingers through my hair unconsciously. 

A comfortable silence dawned upon us as we entered our own worlds. When I looked at her after some time, through her eyes I saw endless fear. I got up and hugged her tight, kissing her forehead, "Is everything ok, love? You can tell me anything you want, you know?"

She placed her head on my shoulders. "It's just the war... will we survive it?" I was speechless, it was a question that I had no answers too, we both knew that.

"Inshallah, we will. It's only for three months." I know that was enough time for the war to become active. "By the way, we have Allah with us. Especially, me and you because we have the Quran in our hearts. Trust me the Quran will protect us from any dangers, it always does!" Her smile widened at my words and I somehow knew I have eased her fear a little. 

My aunt suddenly barged in again in the room with another box full of clothes. "Hi ki...kids. You two ok?" She said awkwardly looking at our state. Hajara quickly pushed herself of me as I did the same. "Your marriage is going well I see and there is Benyamin and Sarah both too shy to talk to each other. Like when was the last time I saw them talking?" She scoffed, thinking deeply with her finger rubbing her chin making us both laugh. 

The last time they talked was probably in the car and Benyamin was being the shy wife. "Benyamin is so in love that he can barely manage to talk to her." I explained making everyone laugh. 

"So Hajara, why do you still have your Hijab on, you know Benyamin is not home?" Sarah asked peeking in the room with her hijab wrapped around her head. 

All of us looked at her waiting for an answer watching Hajara blush furiously. "Uh ..... because he's here." She said pointing at me accussingly.

"For god's sake Hajara, Yusuf is your husband who you literally hugged a few minutes ago and now you're covering in front him of all of a sudden." My aunt shrieked, shaking her head in disapproval. 

Hajara looked down at her hand shyly, her cheeks flamed up with her blush. "There is angels here, they are shy beings right? They won't come in the room if we don't cover up."

She was right.

****      ******   ****************         **********

Hajara POV:

It was already midnight, mom showed Yusuf to the guest room where he was sleeping soundlessly. Everyone in the house was already in a deep slumber except for me. I paced around the kitchen hastily  throwing the required ingredients in the pot and merging them into a vegetable soup for Yusuf. I'm just worried about his fever which was increasingly rising at a rapid pace. I hope this soup helps!

I quietly tiptoed to his room with the bowl of hot soup in my hands. I slightly opened his door ajar peeking my head in finding him sound asleep, I slowly turned on the light and slipped myself in without making any noise. He was fast asleep with his silly snoring noises filling the room making him looks so much cuter than he already was. 

"Yusuf, wake up." I whisper-yelled, lightly shaking him. 

"Hmm..." 

"Wake up!"

"Hmm,"

"Wake up!" 

"Hmmm," 

That's it, I can't handle his annoyingness any longer, he was being like Sarah in the morning. Do I have to handle these type of nonesense my entire life?

 I placed the soup on the nightstand and jumped on the bed making him bob up and down. "Benyamin go away, man!" He fumed, shoving me off the bed unconciously.

 I tumbled down and land on the hard floor with a thud. Ouch! I groaned out in pain as some painful tears burned my eyes, I tried to get up but I fell back down groaning again. This guy probably cursed me or something, why do I keep falling or bumping into him whenever I come to face him? 

His eyes quickly flew open and he sat up rubbing his eyes vigorously. "Yo bro, can you stop making soo much noi... Hajara why are you on the floor?"  He asked confused, trying to remember where he was. "And in my room?"

I got up ignoring the pain and handed him the soup which he didn't refuse.  I continued rubbing my back silently wishing my pain would just disappear. Why couldn't I land on a carpet, why the wooden floor?

I raised my eyebrows, "You just threw me off the bed." I fired, making an attempt to leave the room. He quickly grasped my hand and pulled me closer towards him with a quick motion causing me to stumble backwards and land on him. 

"Please stay with me for few minute, pleassse?" He pleaded. 

"No, I... I can't stay cause mom will freak out if she sees us together for the night." I tried freeing myself from his grasp but his hold was way tighter than I expected. Why do boys have to be soo annoying?

"She's asleep anyways. I'm only asking for few minutes and ... when did I throw you off the bed?" He guiltilty asked, "I just saw you relaxing on the floor." 

Typical Yusuf.

I rolled my eyes, he just can't admit that he committed a mistake. Such an egoistic man! "I'll be here only if you apologise for throwing me off the bed. Especially,  when I stayed up late sacrificing my nights sleep to make some soup for you, so you can feel better." I folded my arms over my chest angrily.

"Ok, ok I am sorry for whatever I have done. I thought you were Benyamin. Now can you stay with me?"I smiled cheekily as he moved his face close to mines and placing a kiss on my cheeks. 

I nodded feeling defeated. I guess few minutes wouldn't hurt, would it?

I layed myself in one of the pillow and felt my eyelids closing until I drifted into my world.

No, our worlds.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7K 249 23
Rocco Prescott has always been a good boy but destiny made him change into the badboy that has no feeling at all. The badboy that everyone feared. Ex...
132K 7.5K 42
He is funny jokes. She is shy smiles. He is sarcastic. She is logistic. He finds positives in life. She finds negatives in life. He is a playgr...
216K 13.5K 48
Most impressive ranking till date, #1 in spiritual out of 26.7k stories Date: 7/01/2021 ---- A muslim love story- "𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒂 𝒉𝒂𝒃𝒊𝒕 𝒇𝒓𝒐...
4.6K 79 8
"I don't care. I don't care if you wear a scarf over your head. Or if you prefer to wear long sleeves and pray five times a day", he inches closer. "...