Breeding in the Academy: Sear...

By Azallya

The Y chromosome is slowly disappearing, and the government placed the Academy, a plan to save the men. Scien... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Interview Pt. 1
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29

Chapter 7

2K 153 46
By Azallya

Owen POV

I twisted the screw of my violin bow, loosening the bow strings. Sighing, I bent to place my violin into its case. I swept a speck of dust from my mahogany instrument as I was swept into my memories.

Tears ran down my face as the woman in front of me tried to comfort me. No matter how much I begged, she always left me in this lifeless atmosphere. Everything was scary to me. The old people stuck me with sharp needles. The older boys avoided me, and the only boy around my age was an odd blonde headed boy who flirted with every female in sight. I looked at my mother. Her face was hidden in the shadows but gray eyes stared at me tearfully. Soft brown hair fell across frail shoulders. Her thin hands came to cup my face.

"I'm sorry, my baby boy." She spoke in a soft yet sad tone. She wiped the tears from my face. "I brought you something."

I sniffled as I watched her pick up something from behind her chair. My eyes widened at the worn gray case that I knew held her favorite instrument. She knelt in front of me, placing the case to the side of us. "I want to leave this for you. Next time I come, I want to hear you play."

I nodded, my eyes never leaving the case. I always loved hearing my mother play. She was the person I wanted to be like when I was grown up. I looked at her with a wide smile. "Really?"

She cupped my face. "Of course. I'll come for you, my perfect boy."

Time continued, and a year passed. I worked so hard to perfect the song I wanted to show my mom. I had woken up at eight, waiting for my mother to appear to our yearly meetings. I was excited to see her and skipped breakfast. Nerves raced through me.. Noon came, and I scarfed down the food in case my mother decided to come during lunch hour. I was so certain she'd come that I kept my clothes unwrinkled, combed my hair back, and made sure that my glasses didn't have any smudges. As the hours went by, my hopes and happiness withered As the minute hand ticked down to the last second of visiting hours, I stared at the violin I had placed on the table.

She didn't show. Tears gathered in my eyes. I struggled to keep my emotions in check. Maybe that's why she didn't appear. I wasn't perfect. She'd come for me if I was perfect. I straightened from my slouched position and wiped the tears from my face. I stood, moving with calculated moves as I grabbed my violin and walked towards my room. I'll become her perfect boy, and she'll come back for me.

A knock on my door shook me from my past. Turning, I raised an eyebrow at the boy standing in the doorway. His blonde hair fell into his face. His face scrunched in distaste and swatted at the curls. He was already dressed in his tuxedo with a black tie. Green eyes met mine, and he smiled sadly as he saw the open violin case. After that day when my mom didn't show, Sean became my constant companion and closest friend despite our differences. "You ready, Owen?"

I nodded, turning my face so he wouldn't see the hatred in my eyes. It wasn't pointed towards him, but at what we had to do. In just a few minutes was the Bidding where we would be sold to women who'd use our bodies. After three years of this, I'd think that I would be used to it, but every time a woman laid her hands on me, I wanted to run. I would run, and so would my family of Prime boys if it wasn't for this white collar around our throats. "How are the others holding up?"

Sean was silent. I turned towards him after grabbing my tuxedo jacket. His eyes held shadows of the past that he didn't want the boys to experience. "They're scared. Michel and Kota almost had a panic attack."

I absorbed that information. Michel came from a past that none of us knew, but from what I learned from living with him, he was scared of women and loud noises. Kota came from an abusive family before he entered the facility. His father who was a green collar was jealous that his son was a Prime and took his anger on him. When he appeared, he was wary and jumpy around us, especially me and Sean. He had known Nathan, Gabriel, Victor, and Luke before the facility and stayed close with them. It wasn't until Sean started to work with him on his fears that he started to get used to us.

"I don't know what to do, Sean." I whispered, afraid of the ears that might be listening. "I never want them to experience what we've done in the past three years, and I can't do anything to help them."

Sean came up to me, grabbing me by my shoulders. "You be the leader that we've always known. Be there for them when they fall. One day, Owen, we will escape. All of us. We just need to hold onto that hope."

I nodded, forcing my emotions away. I needed to be strong for them. I left my room, walking down the hallways with Sean trailing behind me. I walked into the room where nine others stood. Kota was sitting next to Nathan while Victor was rubbing Michel's back. Luke and Gabriel weren't far away from the four, conversing quietly. Silas and North were leaning against the wall. His usual scowl seemed angrier and nervous. Silas was whispering to North in Greek. When I walked into the room, eyes full of nervousness darted towards all of us.

The words I wanted to say left my mind as I took in the sight of my scared family. I swallowed, trying to get rid of the lump in my throat. Understanding appeared in their eyes one by one and they nodded. We stayed quiet, lost in our own thoughts.

A door creaked open, and we all tensed. A woman in a blue suit stepped through and scanned all of us. With a nod of approval at our clothes, she lifted a piece of paper to her face. 'Gabriel Coleman."

Gabriel seemed to shake, but when his eyes met mine, determination wiped the nervousness from his face. His face became a blank mask, and my heart almost stopped when I saw the deadness in his eyes. I watched as he walked towards the door and disappeared.

Ten minutes passed until the woman reappeared for Luke. Like Gabriel, he put on his mask of mischievousness to shield his true emotions. He walked towards the door, turning around to give us a two fingered salute. After him was North's turn. He stomped out of the room with a deeper scowl on his face.

Another ten minutes passed when the door opened. The woman in blue stepped into the room, scanning us. "Owen Blackbourne."

I didn't let the surprise show on my face. What was going on? I was usually placed to be the last so why was I fourth? Straightening my tie, I walked forward. Dark was all I could see until I stepped onto the platform. It was silent. The auctioneer was staring at me with jealousy. Only if he knew what being a Prime meant. As the auctioneer stated my name, gasps from women echoed throughout the room. Instead of letting the auctioneer talk, bids started to yell in the room.

A voice rang out, attracting my attention not because of the bid but because of the tone of her voice. It was determined yet confused. I lifted my eyes to see the woman who bid for me. She sat in the back when most of the women tried to force their way toward the front couches. The dim room cast a shadow on her but I could see her glittering white mask. White blonde hair fell down her shoulders, and her black dress fit her perfectly. There was something about her that yelled she was an enigma.

"A million-dollar bid for Owen Blackbourne by Prime Davenport," the auctioneer crowed.

A wide smile took over the auctioneer's face that showed too much teeth. His eyes grew round then squinted with obvious happiness at the amount of money this mysterious woman had offered. He laughed. "Does anyone else want to bid higher?"

The room was quiet you could hear a pin drop. When no one spoke, the auctioneer banged the podium with his gavel. "Sold to Prime Devonport."

A black masked man came towards the woman named Devonport with the black obelisk on a silver platter in his hands. She lifted her card and lightly tapped it against the point. The silver light ran down the obelisk, signifying the end of the purchase. As the man scampered away, I started to walk towards her with the grace that I made myself have.

I saw the women look at me with wide eyes but my eyes were on the three other men. I made eye contact before looking away. When I looked back at the woman sitting on the couch, my eyes connected with the dark green eyes. There was something about her eyes that didn't seem right. The color seemed too unnatural. Surprise went through me when she stood up to greet me.

I bowed before speaking to her. "Prime Devonport, it's a pleasure to meet your acquaintance."

She nodded and motioned towards the couch. My eyebrow arched slightly, showing my slight surprise at her behavior. She had stood up as I approached, telling me that she was different than the other women I was used to. She was respectful and signaled me to take a seat without forcing me to kiss her hand or cheek. I gave her a grateful nod before sitting on the couch, looking at her. Behind her mask, I heard her sight quietly

I spoke softly when she seemed to pay attention to the auctioneer than me. "Do I not meet your wants, Prime Devonport?"

She turned her head to look at me. My eyes stared at her, searching her eyes. She tilted her head and r eyes crinkled slightly, telling me she was smiling underneath her. "Do you know my wants are, Mr. Blackbourne?"

I was silent for a moment before speaking. I don't know her motives. Her motive was different than the women who would pay to get into my pants. "No." I met her eyes through the mask. "Not yet."

I watched as my brothers were auctioned off to women. When Sean was sold to Goldie Mann, I internally winced although I heard the woman beside me suck in a breath. Goldie Mann was evil. There was a man I once knew who was paid to service her. When he came back, his back was bloody and he suffered mental pain. He was taken to another facility for rehabilitation while Goldie Mann was given a warning which she ignored.

"Good night." The auctioneer said before he bounded off the stage into the back as the lights flicked on. Women murmured before rising from their couches. I rose and offered my hand when she shifted. She stared at my hand before she looked up into my eyes. Silver met green as we both searched for answers. Placing her hand in mine, I helped her up. As soon as she was standing, she took a step away from me and started towards the women. Without a choice, I followed her.

My suspicions were growing when I saw her interact with the women that had purchased my brothers. When she talked to a dark headed woman and Goldie Mann, I could see her body language change from loose to tense. After leaving them, I followed her to where Silver Kali where I saw a different woman than the forced laughter, smirking woman. In her stead was a woman who had an innocence about her. After Silver Kali walked away, the blonde headed woman turned towards me with a small smile.

I decided to ask her a question. "May I ask why you decided to buy my services, Prime Devonport?"

After grabbing drinks, she led me to a couch that was far away from any women and servers. She looked at me from behind her mask. "First of all, please call me Gloria. Second of all, I didn't intend to buy you. I had my sights on another but you distracted me."

That made no sense at all. I watched her. "I am not sure if you mean that in a good way or a bad way."

She smiled behind her mask. "Both. Now, Mr. Blackbourne, what do you think of Charleston?"

My lips turned downward slightly. "I don't know. We aren't able to go outside the walls unless our services are required. When we arrived, I saw brief flashes of the surroundings, but not much." That's the truth. After being shipped to Charleston, we were instantly herded into a van without any windows. The van drove us to the front of the facility. The few glimpses of the South Carolinian state were few and unexciting.

She frowned and muttered quietly. "How sad."

I gave her my millimeter smile. It was nice to have someone who had different views. "That's the life of a Prime."

She took a sip in nervousness before saying the next few words. "And what does the life of a Prime entail?"

I stared at her before looking around the room for any lingering ears. "I admit that we live better than most of the other collars. We are trained in whatever we want. We get three meals a day. We are treated like kings, but also treated like puppets. We are trained to be whatever our patrons want us to be. We are dictated how to act, to walk, to eat."

She stared at him over the rim of my drink with wide eyes. She whispered the words that could jail us both. "And what would you do for your freedom?"

I froze before realizing that I was still in public with the Academy surrounding us. I relaxed as if nothing happened, but my eyes were on her. "What do you mean, Prime Devonport?"

"Gloria," She corrected me. As a group of women sat on a couch a few feet away, she laughed as if we were enjoying each other's company. After making sure that they weren't eavesdropping, she spoke with a happy tone. "My friend excels in transportation, especially nice things. My friend had an eye on Prime Lyons. She has a gift to give him, but would you also be interested in it?"

I studied her through the mask. Her eyes were clear from deceit. After seeing that she wasn't faking, I smiled, carrying on our act. She breathed out a sigh of relief probably beacause I didn't call her out to the security. Maybe if she was willing to free me and Michel, she might be willing to save nine others. "I am, but-"

She stared at me with a question. "But?"

I frowned, deep in thought and struggling to ask her. If she denied, then I didn't know what I could do. I looked in her eyes with a determination showing her that this was something I wasn't willing to let go. "I want my family, the other eight boys from tonight, to have a chance to meet her."

She was quiet. Nerves grew inside me as she thought when suddenly she smiled. "That sounds like a deal." She looked at the clock which read ten minutes til twelve. "I have to leave, but I have something for you, Mr. Blackbourne." She opened her bag and pulled out an origami rose. Placing it in my hands, I reached up and placed her hand on my face as she lifted the mask to reveal her pink lips. She tilted my head so that it would seem that I was kissing her. A wave of relief went through me when I realized she was giving me a message. "Open the flower. You'll have to be fast and quick. Only bring the essentials. Nothing that will hinder you."

As we pulled back, she replaced my mask on her face and looked over the room. Several women blatantly stared as our "kiss" while others were gossiping. She turned towards me and curtsied. "I'll be back for you tomorrow at eight, Prime Blackbourne."

I bowed and lifted her hand to my mouth. Placing my lips on the back of her hand, I could feel her pulse quicken and her breath catch. "I'll be waiting for you, Prime Devonport. Good night."

I watched as she disappeared through the doors of our prison. As I turned around, I caught Kota's eyes and tilted my head slightly. His eyes darkened in understanding. I walked out of the room since my buyer was no longer in the room. Tonight we were having a family meeting.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94.5K 3.7K 44
"Who are you?" The man shakes with trepidation; the mask he was wearing previously to conceal his identity now lays on the cold concrete floor I was...
44.7K 2.8K 41
When Derrick died, someone sang loved dearly and considered as a father figure. Leaving her to her abusive family. Things begin to change as she lear...
11.1K 784 6
C.L. Stone Fanfiction of the Ghost Bird series. ~.~.~.~ Summer Break is just starting after they survived a whole year at Ashley Waters. Then, the bo...
31K 2.2K 17
**COMPLETED** Sang Sorenson has finally found her pack. She has finally found a home. She is excited to be going to high school with the others but w...