Ephemeral

Rabbit_-_ tarafından

Dear Lily, It's been five years since that happened, and no matter how hard I try, I'm not... Daha Fazla

Prologue
Chapter 2: Yeah, Its My Birthday
Chapter 3: Moving out

Chapter 1: A Regular Day

101 25 30
Rabbit_-_ tarafından

"Jake? Jake where are you?"
"I'm coming mom! Just wait for a second."
Oh God...where did I keep it? It must be right here but...

"JAKE! I want you to be here at this moment!"
"Coming mom!"
I quickly went downstairs to check if there's a problem, cause I felt panic in my mom's voice. She stood in the hall with her arms crossed, she was holding a cellphone and a few papers too.
"Mom? What happened? Any problem?" I asked

"Yes, but... Just don't freak out."
"I won't mum, what is it?"
"Well, your dad is getting transferred to Texas."
I seriously got freaked out from the inside after hearing what my mum said.
"What!? You mean.... we're leaving this place?"
"Yes, he just now called me and said that we're moving out within two days."

"WHAT!?"
I couldn't help freaking out cause I seriously got alarmed when I heard that we're moving out within two days.

"But what about my studies? Is everything gonna be al-"
"Don't worry Jake, everything's fine. Your dad's management will take care of that."
"*Sigh* Fine mom."

"So, why did it take so long?"
"What?"
"I mean... Why were you late? I had been calling you for the past ten minutes.
"Well I was-THE HELL!!! I need to go mom! I'll explain later!"
"Wait- He's gone *sigh* this boy tho..."

I quickly went upstairs to search for a book that I borrowed from the library. I was in a hurry cause this day was the last day to give the book back.

Well, I really did make a very big mess while searching for that book. My room was like it had been attacked by an earthquake cause everything in my room had been scattered to every corner of my room.

My table was filled with a lot of papers, my bed was full of books and things and the floor was filled with a mixture of my clothes, books, video games and a lot more. But I still couldn't find it.
"What should I do now?"

"Umm....are you searching for something my dear big brother?"
"Uh? Jennifer? What are you doing here?"
"Well....why is your room like this?"
"None ya business, just get lost."

"I guess I could help you if you tell me..........."
"Fine! My book is missing."
"What book?"
She was really irritating me by asking too many questions, one after the other. So, I replied her with an annoyed face,
"Well..... The one which I borrowed from the library..."
"Well......... Are you searching for this?"
She held out a book and guess what, that was one I was searching for the whole day.

"JENNY! What the hell were you doing when I was searching for this book for hours?"
"You didn't ask me if I saw that book, did you?"
"By the way... Why did you come inside my room and took that book in the first place?"
"Well..... I was asking for that book but you refused to give, so I took it without your permission."

"How could you take my book without my permission-"
"With my hands."
She gave an evil smirk while saying that.
"Stop it Jenny, this ain't the time to crack jokes okay?"
"Come one Jake, I took this book cause you told me not to read it. Or else I would've not taken it."

"You mustn't be reading this book! Of course not!"
I started growling at her as she was making me angry as hell.
"Oh come on bro... It's not that kind of a magazine... Is it? No right? What's wrong with reading a Breaking Dawn book from Twilight Saga?"

"Kids mustn't be reading those types of stories....."
"I'M NOT A KID OKAY!?" She shouted in a shrill, loud voice. Actually, my sis doesn't like to be called a kid.
"Calm down Jenny, that's no biggie! Why are you behaving like a five-year-old?"
"Stop saying that Jake!"
"Okay, don't get mad... And I guess, I need to return this book, back to the library."

"Fine, then get your ass outta here!"
"Sure sure, and get lost!"
"Wait! Jake!"
"What? What do you want now?"
"Well....do you know that we're-"
"Yep, I know we're moving out of this place."
"What are we gonna do now?"
"We're gonna pack up and move out."
"Stop kidding Jake!"
"I ain't kidding kid, just get lost."
"Argh!!!!! You get lost!"
"Bye! And tell mom that I went to the library for returning this book."
"Okay, bye."

I climbed down the stairs and went outside of our house. I felt that mild, calming breeze blowing around me which made me feel comfortable and relaxed.

I deeply inhaled a lot of air until my lungs were full, "I'm really gonna miss this place", I said and then, I started walking towards the library. The road was very quiet and calming, I could also hear the birds chirping along the way.

After a walk around twenty minutes, I finally reached the library. I went inside and greeted the librarian who was an old lady in her sixty's, reading a newspaper. She just nodded and started reading once again.

I've been a member of this library for almost five years and I've never seen this old lady grinning or smiling, not even ones. Would her face just crack if she does? Well.... whatever.
"Umm... Excuse me, ma'am? Here's the book I borrowed the last time."
"Keep it here Mr. Fredrickson."
She said and pointed towards her table.

Then I kept it in her table and started walking towards the door. And when I reached for the doorknob, she suddenly called me and said,
"Mr. Fredrickson, would you like to extend your membership in our library for five more years?"

I just then realized that my membership is gonna end the coming Saturday.
"Well...no, we're actually moving out within two days... I guess, So....."
"You mean this Tuesday?"
"Umm...yes."
"Okay then", she said and started reading the newspaper.

I then went back home where my mum was waiting for me, standing near the entrance with an angry face... But what did I do? I went near her and said,
"What happened, mom? Why are you looking like a volcano which is about to erupt? I guess I'm not late cause I'm back within two hours..."
"Come, I'll show you why I'm angry", she said and she took me to my room which was a total mess.

"Now, explain me, Mr. Jake. WHY IS YOUR ROOM LIKE THIS!?" She asked me in a terrifying voice.
"Well..... I was searching for a book and....... I'm sorry mom, I'll clean it."
"Do it! Or else, I'll let you starve this night."
She sounded really very scary while saying that.
"O...k mom, I will," I said and started cleaning my room.

After a solid two hours, I finally managed to clean my room. I know it was a big... I mean, a very big process but somehow, I did it. Then I rushed down for dinner cause I was really very hungry. I saw my sister and my mum eating in the dining room so... I went and stood near them. And then my mom asked,
"Did you clean your room, Jake?"
"Yes mom! I did! Wanna check it out?"

"Mm... Nope, I know you would've done it. Now, come and eat with us." She called me while pulling a chair for me to sit.
"Sure mom!" I said and sat beside her. She made some Steak and salad for the dinner which was really very delicious.

"Mm... where's dad, Mom? I didn't see him from the morning." Jennifer said. And then I realized that I didn't see him the whole day either!
"Yes Mom, where did he go?" I asked.
"It's good that you didn't forget your dad completely", was her reply. She said that in a sarcastic way, smirking at me.
"Well, he has some work to be done in his office so... He went there." She said.

"Also on Sundays? But why?"
"Jenny, your dad has a lot more work than you think. As we're moving out, he has got some more work to do which is to be done before the deadline."
"I feel bad for dad, mommy."
She sighed and said, "yes, me too Jenny."
Even I felt bad for my dad. As he is a businessman, he actually has a lot of work to do. I wish if I could help my dad at work...

"I'm done! I'm going to my room."
"Well Jake?"
"Yes, Mom? Oh yeah! The food was delicious." I said, cause I thought she'd ask about it.
"Thanks! But I was not gonna ask about that. Did you do your homework, Jake?" She asked.

"Yes mom, I did. Mrs. Blacksmith told you that I didn't complete it the last time, isn't it?" I asked with an annoyed face.
"Yes, but why didn't you complete your homework in the first place?"
"Mom! Did you just forget? I was busy with my science project!" I replied her in a furious tone.
"Okay, but you have to submit it on time!"
"Okay Mom, I will! You don't have to worry about that."

"Okay then, good night Jake."
"Good night Mom."
"Good night big brother." She said that as a three-year-old child and that was damn cute!
"Good night my dear Lil sister," I said and climbed upstairs, went straight to my bed and when I was about to sleep, I heard my mom's voice.
"Brush your teeth before going to bed Jake!"

I sighed and replied,
"Okay mom! I will!"
Then, I went to the restroom, brushed my teeth for about twenty minutes and came back to my bed. And I went into a deep sleep...

Suddenly, around midnight, I guess... I heard a strange knock on my door, I got up and asked, "Mom? Is that you?"
But... I got no reply and then I asked, "Jenny? Dad? Is that you? Please tell me if it is you!"
For a second, there was complete silence but not for long, that unknown person behind the door started to knock once again. Okay...... Now, it was a bit scary but I went near the door and asked who was that but I got no response or a reply.

I then... reached for the doorknob to open the door and...

To Be Continued...

Thank you for choosing this book! Hope you'd like it!

Ephemeral

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

173K 4.5K 41
Jennie is a bad bitch cheerleader together with her bestfriend Irene but things suddenly changed when new student girl Lisa transferred to their s...
329K 8.4K 118
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #2- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...
56.8K 2.4K 21
"Show me somethin' different once, I come from where there's no love." COPYRIGHT 23. #1 ATLANTA 05/01/2024 🏆
3.7M 86.2K 141
Soon to be Published under GSM Darlene isn't a typical high school student. She always gets in trouble in her previous School in her grandmother's pr...