Mischief - Book Two of the RP...

By the3deathlyhallows

Rachel Potter's fourth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry is here. The excitement of going ba... More

Disclaimers
1. Summer Holidays
2. Quidditch World Cup
4. Secrets Revealed
5. First Day
6. The New Students
7. Four Champions
8. Realisation
9. Confrontation
10. The First Task
11. Dancing Lessons
12. Heat in the Cold
13. Potions Don't Bubble, Anger Does
14. Sweet Girl
15. Study Hall
16. Distractions and Temptations
17. Walls and Falls
18. New Enemies
19. Christmas Day
20. A Transformation Occurs
21. The Unexpected
22. January 1st
23. Guilt Tripping
24. The Past is in the Past
25. An Object of Value
26. The Murky Waters of the Black Lake
27. A Dead Man Lay
28. Ticking Time Bomb
29. Brooding Pensieve's
30. Snarky Malarky
31. A Letter for Forgiveness
32. Ignore the Problem
33. Who?
34. Welcome Back
35. Caramel and Honey
36. Preparation
37. Soon
38. Double Date
39. Ruining the Moment
40. Just Before
41. The Final Task
42. Stupefy
43. Snake-Like
44. Goodbye
Disclaimers and Thanks

3. Deatheaters

616 27 21
By the3deathlyhallows

"I told you!" Rachel cheered gleefully as she entered the tent.

Ireland had won, like she had predicted. Fred and George lifted her up onto their shoulders, singing gibberish and cheering. Harry and Ron followed in after them, not miserable but defiantly looking slightly downhearted at their loss. The other girls did not seem so enthusiastic but they laughed all the same.

The festivities continued into the night as fireworks shot up into the sky, illuminating the grand stadium. Every Irish supporter danced and sang whilst drinking lord only knows what. Amongst the crowd Rachel had spotted Kayla yelling happily at the top of her voice. She had gone to speak to Kayla but was swept away by a sea of green and white.

Apparently Harry, Ron and Hermione had spotted Oliver earlier. Rachel was actually slightly annoyed she wasn't there. She wanted to ask how he'd been, even if they were no longer together it didn't mean they couldn't be friends.

"Rach was right!" George grinned lifting her off his shoulder.

"Of course she was!" Fred scoffed happily, helping her down as well.

"Why wouldn't I be?" Rachel winked at the boys before running to her brother and prancing around with him.

Mr Weasley joined in with the kids as they happily became ecstatic. It was as if the energy of the crowds filled the kids into being ridiculously excited by the win. Fred and George began to throw their scarves at Ron whilst teasing his loss.

"There's no one like Krum!" Ron said enthusiastically gripping his Bulgarian scarf.

"Krum? Dumb Krum?" George said in a stupid voice causing Rachel to laugh.

"Dumb Krum!" Fred echoed as the two ran around Ron.

"He's like a bird the way he rides the wind." Ron nodded awestruck whilst Fred and George continued changing but now flapping their arms up and down, imitating some sort of bird. "He's more than just an athlete. He's an artist."

By now it was near impossible to hear him over the excessive chants of Fred and George.

"Think you're in love Ron?" Ginny teased as she walked past earning a 'shut up' from Ron.

"Victor I love you,"

"Victor I do!" The twins took turns in saying.

"When we're apart my heart beats only for you!" Everyone joined in singing.

Suddenly loud banging erupted causing Mr Weasley to shoot off outside. The noise continued and what seemed to be people screaming, and not in joy, caught Rachel's attention.

"Sounds like the Irish have got their pride on." Fred smirked raising an eyebrow as he began to notice the ever increasing sounds.

"Stop it!" Mr Weasley ran back in, nearly knocking into Rachel. "It's not the Irish. We've got to get out of here."

Curious to what the commotion was, Rachel stepped outside of the tent but was grabbed by Mr Weasley. Fire was spreading everywhere as the everyone removed themselves briskly from the tent and into the open. People ran by frantically crying out in fear. Quite roughly, someone latched their arms onto Rachel's shoulders.

"Get out! Get out it's the Deatheaters!" They yelled before taking off and leaving Rachel sick to the stomach.

"Get back to the portkey and stick together!" Mr Weasley bellowed before giving strict instructions to the twins.

Rachel didn't move for a moment, to in shock of what was happening to comprehend the fact she was in danger. Fred quickly grabbed her hand and snapped her out of thought as she was pulled away.

"Harry!" Hermione yelled out causing Rachel to turn around.

"Harry, no Harry!" Rachel gasped as she watched her brother be dragged away into another direction. "Fred, please Harry's been dragged off."

"Rachel we need to get to safety." Fred urgently said as they darted in between people.

"No that's my brother!" She yelled before breaking free from his grip and attempting to run back but Fred latched onto her waist.

He pushed her forward as strangely masked figures came into view. Chanting in a language Rachel did not know, they marched forwards like an army. Holding fire torches and spitting out spells they destroyed the campsite.

Again Rachel froze as the Deatheaters crept closer to her and now she feared for Harry's life. More and more people screamed and cried in pain or fear. The fires spread like an angry pack of wolves, ripping apart the tents and belongings of the wizards. Despite everything going on Fred still had a tight grip on Rachel and pulled her along with the gang.

The smoke chocked her throat as they ran past even more fire before coming to a slight clearing where people dispersed.

"The portkey should be up here." George said as he guided Ginny by the shoulders.

"I'm not going." Rachel stubbornly said removing herself from Fred's arms.

"You are." Fred sternly said.

"No I'm not." She continued to protest. "My brother is back there, Merlin knows where! He could be hurt and I need to find him."

"You can't expect us to let you go back." George muttered looking back towards where they had ran from.

"Yes I can and you should. Fred, what if George was back there lost?" Rachel turned to him. "You wouldn't leave, or if Ginny was back there or Ron or Hermione or even me!"

A silence cascaded over the small group as they panted heavily from the running and inhaling of the smoke.

"We can go with her. So she's not alone." Ron spoke up standing next to Rachel.

George looked at Fred and nodded but he seemed more reluctant to agreeing.

"Fine, but if you get hurt I'm going to kill you." Fred said glancing at Rachel.

"I won't." And with that Rachel dragged Hermione and Ron off to find her lost brother.

*

The campsite was a desolate waste ground of fire and ash. Nothing remained. The odd remnant of a broken cart that once held Irish and Bulgarian flags blocked the paths people had crossed. Apart from Rachel, Ron and Hermione, the place seemed empty.

"Where should we go first?" Hermione asked, looking over her shoulder wearily.

"Everywhere looks the same." Ron mumbled as he followed Rachel blindly.

"The woods are behind us and that's where we just came from. So I think we should go over here." Rachel pointed in a direction.

They followed a path, kicking tents and wood out of the way. After five minutes of walking and no closer to finding Harry, Rachel began to yell his name.

"Is that a good idea?" Hermione whispered anxiously.

"Well we're not going to find him any quicker are we?" Ron turned to look at her. "Besides no one else is here." He continued to walk but went straight into Rachel's back.

"Wait." She said, her eyes going wide. "There's someone over there."

"I... I can't see anyone." Ron mumbled.

"Neither." Hermione shook, slightly scared.

Rachel rushed forward and broke into a quick run as she put two and two together. This man didn't look as though he should have been there, his presence itself seemed slightly off. Malicious almost. Yet what worried Rachel the most was the fact he was running after someone else. By now Rachel was way in front of Hermione and Ron but she hadn't noticed.

A cart exploded, sending splinters and wood everywhere. The thinnest piece cut Rachel's cheek lightly; but enough for it to bleed. She darted quickly between the smoke when she smashed into someone, causing her to fall over.

"Harry!" She gasped and jumped up, flinging her arms around him.

Over his shoulder she could see the mysterious man stop and turn away before rushing off in the opposite direction.

"Oh Harry!" Hermione panted as she rushed around the corner.

"Thought we lost you mate." Ron breathed placing a hand on Rachel's shoulder.

"Wait what is that?" Harry looked up at the sky.

Glowing like a solar fire in the sky was a strange green skull and snake. The snake twisted before slipping around the skull. It seemed so familiar to Rachel and even more so when Harry yelped with pain clutching his forehead.

"Stupefy!" Several voices yelled causing them all to duck down as the spells were being shot.

"Stop! That's my son." The angry booming voice of Mr Weasley growled as he rushed forward protectively. "Ron, Hermione, Rachel, Harry! Are you okay?"

"We came back for Harry." Rachel nodded, catching her breath after the slight shock.

"Which of you conjured it?" A funny man with a moustache and beady eyes glared angrily and shakily.

"Barty you can't be serious." Arthur Weasley sighed exasperated.

"Do not deny it, you have been discovered at the scene of the crime!" This Barty man shouted.

"Crime? What crime?" Harry looked at Rachel baffled.

"It's the Dark Mark Harry." Hermione sadly said looking up at the jinx in the sky. "It's his mark."

"Voldemort?" Harry gasped.

"Those people tonight, they were his followers weren't they?" Rachel said to a nodding Mr Weasley.

"Deatheaters." He then turned to the man with the rather bristled moustache. After a moment this man named 'Barty' spun around on his heel, ordering people to follow him.

"Wait!" Harry yelled gaining his attention. "There was a man. Just there."

"Follow me." Barty shouted once more.

"A man, Harry? Who?" Arthur persisted, adamant to try and uncover the identity of the mystery man.

"I don't know. I never saw his face." Harry said sheepishly, slightly embarrassed he couldn't be of much help.

The events of that day ending in the Daily Prophet remarkably quickly. By the time Rachel and the others reached home, Mrs Weasley came rushing out of the kitchen to great them with a worried face. Ginny rushed out too looking over each of them to make sure no one was hurt. When her eyes washed over Rachel she let out a small gasp.

"Your face!" She pointed to her cheek. Confused, Rachel lifted a hand and stroked her own cheek and was surprised to see a little blood appear on her fingers.

"Must have been when that cart exploded." Rachel thought out loud. "Got to have been some sort of fireworks if it exploded like that."

"No matter dear, we'll get you cleaned up!" Mrs Weasley compassionately said leading her into the house.

Harry had several cuts too from when he had been swept away with the crowd. But thanks to Mrs Weasley, Harry and Rachel's cuts were healed. The two decided to sit outside for some clean fresh air. They had inhaled a lot of smoke. Soon after, Ron and Hermione joined them outside where they currently sat.

"Did you see that man?" Harry openly asked everyone.

"Rachel did." Ron nodded.

"Yes, I can answer for myself Ronald." She said. "But yes I did see him."

"In all honesty, I don't know how you could have seen him!" Ron laughed.

"What do you mean?" Harry paused.

"Well when she spotted him, we were really far away. I couldn't see him, neither could Hermione. There was smoke and all the tents in the way, not to mention fire." Ron started explaining. "You have great eyesight sort of like a dog." He directed his attention to Rachel.

Hermione scoffed before bursting out laughing but soon shut up when Rachel sent her a look.

"What's wrong with saying that?" Harry laughed slightly.

"Rach. Come on." Hermione looked at Rachel who began to look flustered. "Tell them."

"Tell us what?" Asked Ron who was looking extremely confused.

"She's an-" Hermione began to speak but Rachel pounced on her and slammed a hand over her mouth.

"If anyone has to say it. It's me. It's my... condition." Rachel said sounding more harsh than she meant for. Hermione nodded and sat back down again with Rachel.

The boys sat opposite them looking slightly frightened at Rachel's sudden movement, not to mention confused. They looked at each other than back to the girls.

"Right what the hell is going on?" Harry said.

"It happened last year." Rachel looked down at her feet as she recalled the events. "That night I got attacked by Remus when he was that werewolf-"

"When Harry left us." Ron imputed.

"I said I was sorry! I just... got too caught up in the moment." Harry mumbled.

"Just a bloody bit." Ron raised his eyebrows.

"Guys!" Rachel snapped. "Anyway after I got attacked, you two remember I suddenly started twitching and screaming, etcetera." She looked at Ron and Hermione who nodded. "Well when I got taken to St Mungroes because they thought it was really serious I passed out. When I woke up this doctor came and talked to me."

She stopped as she began to realise it was a lot harder to say than she realised.

"What did they say?" Harry asked, Rachel looked up at him.

"I thought it was impossible to happen and seemingly nearly all of the healers thought so at St Mungroes." She said quickly.

"What did they say?" Harry repeated more firmly this time. Rachel took a deep breath before she opened her mouth at all.

"I'm an animagus."

-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.4K 593 26
Rachel Graham is a 5th-year student at Hogwarts in the Slytherin house. Both of her parents are Death Eaters so she grew up thinking that everything...
240K 7.6K 112
Lia Kim is in her fourth year when she finally returns to Hogwarts. She is received with open arms by everyone, expect her own house who fears her st...
1.4K 41 12
Y/n a 5'1 7th year bumps into Hermione granger in the leaky cauldron and became good friends with the three after Hermione introduced her to the rest...
67.9K 2.1K 42
Book cover by @DawnXx :) Amie is going to the Quidditch World Cup with her friends, and then it's time for her fourth year at Hogwarts School of Witc...