Do opposites really attract?

由 Barneybear123

A story which discovers the lives of two individuals, Manik Malhotra and Nandini Murthy. Poles apart from eac... 更多

Introduction
Prologue
Character sketch
Chapter 1 - Acheivements and mishaps!
Chapter 2 - First meetings!
Chapter 3 - "Expect the unexpected!"
Chapter 4 - "Goodbye for now!"
Chapter 5 - Forced Meetings!
Chapter 6 - Jab they met, once again!
Chapter 7 - An agreement gone wrong!
Chapter 8 - Confusions cleared!
Chapter 9 - "My date for the night!"
Chapter 10 - "She's already taken!"
Chapter 11 - Dancing away!
Chapter 12 - Late night conversations!
Chapter 13 - Hidden secrets!
Chapted 14 - Letting it all out!
Chapter 15 - New friends!
Chapter 16 - Just friends?
Happy international women's day!!!
Chapter 17 - Match day!
Chapter 18 - Cute conversations!
Chapter 19 - The mystery girl
Chapter 20 - The professional relationship
Chapter 21 - Falling for her!
Chapter 23 - A new friend!
Chapter 24 - Jealous? No way!
Chapter 25 - The confused souls
Chapter 26 - Give love a chance
Chapter 27 - The journey
Chapter 28 - A work of fate or something more?
Chapter 29 - Seeking answers!
Chapter 30 - Preparing for Valentine's day!
A thought that's been on my mind!
Chapter 31 - Our first Valentine's day
Chapter 32 - Revealing the past
Chapter 33 - "Give me a chance too"
Chapter 34 - Their special Announcement
Chapter 35 - The perks of dating a cricketer!
Author's Note
Chapter 36 - Not insecure, simply worried!
Your help needed!
Chapter 37 - Curious not Jealous
Chapter 38 - Love like no other
Chapter 39 - They know about us.
Chapter 40 - Back to Bay
Chapter 41 - Is marriage on the cards?
Chapter 42 - Supporting my love

Chapter 22 - Manik's Princess

3.9K 527 67
由 Barneybear123

Next day:

"This giant unicorn is the cutest thing, Nandini! It's bigger than you!" I said in excitement as I picked up the giant teddy.

"Shut up! It's cute, but Manik it's way too big." Nandini said.

"Okay, how about this tea party set?" I said as I pointed to a cute tea set.

"Nah, too original!" She said as she shook her head.

"Okay? How about something personalised?" I suggested.

"That's an amazing idea! We could get her a personalised bracelet or a necklace, or even better, we could make a hamper of little things!" She said in excitement.

"Yes, a personalised necklace and bracelet! A personalised pillow! Some fluffy unicorn slippers, lots of sweets and chocolates." I added.

"Sweets and chocolates? No way! Not good for kids!" She said in her doctor tone.

"She's 5! Let the kid live!" I said as I rolled my eyes at her.

"Fine! As long as we get to put some healthy snacks in too!" She said unwillingly.

"I'm cool with that! Let's do this!" I said as I high fived her.

"By the way Manik, do you seriously think wearing sunglasses and a hat indoors will stop people from recognising you!" She asked curiously.

"Well atleast they won't recognise me right away. The glasses kind of cover me up! It's pretty quiet right now too, I always prefer to go shopping later on in the evening." I explained.

"Hmmmm, okay then let's go buy the gifts!" Nandini said.

After 2 hours of shopping, lots of selfie sessions with fans, and quarrelling with Nandini over silly things, we finally decided to get some dinner.

"Hungry?" I asked.

"Starving!" She replied.

"I'll take you to a nice place!" I said with a smile.

"Not juhu beach Manik, please! I had my share of street food for the week yesterday." She said.

"Okay, I wasn't going to take you to juhu beach. I was actually going to take you somewhere really peaceful and serene. You'll love it." I said with hopeful eyes.

"Really? Where?" She questioned.

"It's a surprise! Now come on, let's go!" I said as I grabbed her hand and pulled her.

"Okay, I'm damn excited!" She said excitedly.

Nandini's P.O.V:

So Manik brought me to a beautiful rooftop restaurant. Our table was reserved in the corner, away from the crowd. The scenery was surreal. Mumbai has never looked prettier as the lights glistened in the night. As I stared at the scenery, I caught someone staring at me.

"Why are you staring at me for?" I said softly.

"I'm just admiring the beautiful scenery!" He replied.

"The scenery is there! Not behind me!" I said as I pointed in the opposite direction.

"But for me you are the most beautiful scenery!" He said as he nudged his shoulders.

"Are you openly flirting with me?" I questioned with a smirk.

"I'm openly complimenting you!" He replied.

"Flirting!" I demanded.

"Complimenting!" He stated.

"Flirt...." I was interrupted by the waiter.

"Excuse me Maam, sir! What can I get you please?" He asked politely.

"Of course." We both placed our order and as I was about to carry on our little argument, my phone ring disturbed us!

"Who is it?" Manik asked.

"It's an unknown number!" I replied.

"Don't pick up! I never pick up unknown calls!" He stated.

"Manik I'm a doctor! I have to pick up unknown calls, it could be my patient for all you know!" I explained.

"Yaar, I really hope it isn't a patient. I mean I'm all for helping people but I just want to spend some time with you!" He whined.

"Honestly Manik! Let me pick up first!" I said as I shook my head.

"Of course!" He replied.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Oh hi, how are you?" I further added.

"Yeahh, I am! Urm I'll let you know. Actually a friend of mine is also invited so I might go with them. But thank you so much for the offer, I will definitely let you know." I politely said.

"Yeah sure! I'll save your number! Of course! Bye! See you tomorrow!" I said as I ended the call.

"Who was it?" Manik questioned.

"Hardik!" I replied.

"What? Hardik? As in Hardik Pandya? My Hardik?" Manik questioned.

"Yes Hardik Panday! Yes your Hardik!" I stated.

"How does he have your number?" He asked.

"I don't know, you tell me!" I replied.

"What was he saying?" He asked curiously.

"He asked if I was coming to Ziva's party tomorrow! So I said yes. And then he asked if I wanted to go with him. Like together!" I told him.

"Seriously?"

"Yeah and I said I'll let you know!"

"You'll let him know? You're considering the offer?" Manik asked.

"No! But I wasn't going to say no straight up! So I said I'm probably going with a friend that's also invited." I replied.

"And who's this friend?" He asked with a smirk.

"Hai ek buddhu Monster type who thinks he's the best!" I said as I rolled my eyes.

"Oh hello! I am the best! And I am not a buddhu Monster or whatever!" He said in his defence.

"I didn't say I was talking about you!" I said as I shrugged my shoulders.

"Hahahahaha!" He said sarcastically.

"On a serious note, how did he get my number? And why would he want me to come to the party with him?" I said seriously.

"Isn't it clear? He's clearly interested in you!" Manik said as he took a sip of his drink.

"What? Me? Really? Why would he?" I questioned.

"Why wouldn't he? You're gorgeous!" Manik replied.

"Is that all I am? Does my beauty speak for me? What about my personality? My character?" I said irritatedly.

"Woah don't get upset! That's not what I meant! Of course, you're amazing! You're so smart, so intelligent, so dedicated, so hardworking, so..." He started singing my praises. He's actually so adorable.

"Enough! I was joking! I know what you meant Manik but should I be worried about this Hardik situation?" I expressed my worries.

"No, he's a genuine guy! He's interested in you and so he's showing that, but if you make it clear you don't feel the same way then he won't hold that against you. He's very chilled out about that." Manik said reassuringly.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Yeahhh, 100%! I've known him for many years and I can guarantee that." He said as he placed his hands on mine.

"Hmmmm, I trust you on that!" I said with a slight smile.

"And so you should!" He replied.

Food soon arrived and we tucked in straight away. We barely talked once we started eating because we were too busy enjoying the yummy food. Once dinner was over, Manik dropped me home and I hit bed straight away. We had a super busy but enjoyable day and all I needed was sleep now.

Next day:

So I am currently getting ready for Ziva's party. The dress code was pink and white. I decided to wear a jumpsuit. Once I finished getting ready, I gathered my things and headed towards my car. Manik offered to pick me up. In fact, he insisted but I politely said no. There were already speculations of us dating and I didn't want to make them worse by going to this party together. Besides, Hardik had also asked me and it wouldn't be nice if I had gone with Manik. So I decided it was best to go myself. I was feeling extremely nervous to be honest. There was definitely going to be paparazzi, and I don't know if there will be a way to avoid it. I took a deep breath, brushed away my thoughts, and headed off. As I got to the party, I saw the media surrounding a couple of cars. They were busy snapping pictures of whoever was in that car. I drove into the car park, collected Ziva's gift, locked my car and headed for the entrance. The paparazzi was busy with the cars and so I hoped I'd be able to sneak in without being caught. As I cautiously walked towards the entrance, the people got out from their car. Virat and Anushka came out! Of course, no wonder why the paparazzi was going crazy! And from the other car came out Rohit Sharma with his wife and daughter. I saw this as a chance to quickly sneak in and it was successful. As soon as I entered I was greeted by a cheerful voice.

"Hello gorgeous! You are looking super cute today!" Hardik said with a smile as he took my hand in his and kissed. Only I know how uncomfortable I felt. It was a genuine gesture from his side, but his touch just did not feel right.

"Urm hi. Thank you!" I replied with a slight smile.

"Did you come alone?" He questioned.

"Yeahhh!" I replied.

"Where's your friend?" He further asked.

"Oh they're coming after." I lied.

"May I ask who this friend is?" He questioned. What is this? An interrogation? Matlab isko kya pari hai mere friends ki.

"Urm..." I thought of an answer.

"Tujhe kyun pari hai bhai!" Manik said as he walked up to us. He sensed my fear. Thank god he came at the right time.

"Manik, bro you're looking dapper today!" Hardik said as he took Manik in for a hug.

"And so do you! Loving the bow tie!" Manik said as he adjusted Hardik's bow tie.

"Thanking you!" Hardik said with his charming smile. The very smile he uses to win over girls.

"So Nandini is this the friend you were going to come with?" He said with a smirk.

"What? No, not at all." I replied.

"Hardik stop stressing the girl out!" Manik exclaimed.

"Chill bro! Mazaak kar raha hun!" He said with a giggle.

"Nandini aunty!" I heard a little voice scream.

"Happy birthday baby! You're looking so gorgeous!" I said as I gave Manik Ziva's gift to hold and took her into a big hug.

"Thank you masi! And you look so lovely too!" She said with her gorgeous smile,.

"Awhh! May your bonding always be this strong!" Sakshi said as she approached to hug me.

"Amen to that!" Hardik said with a smile. Me and Manik then gave Ziva her gift and she was so happy to say the least. Sakshi too thanked us and then handed the gift to a worker to put away with the rest of the presents.

"Mani uncle, you have to wear this crown!" Ziva said as she pulled out a crown.

"Why?" Manik questioned.

"Because its a fairytale themed party and Ziva would like all her favourite uncles to wear a crown just like Prince Charming." She explained.

"And Nandini masi has to wear a tiara!" Sakshi added.

"Yes! You are the princess! And you get to wear matching crowns too!" Ziva replied.

"And why is that baby?" I questioned.

"Because Mani uncle doesn't have a princess and you don't have a prince. Prince Charming needs his princess to stop him from doing silly things, and Nandini masi you are the perfect princess for Manik uncle. So you get to wear the matching crown to Mani Uncle." Ziva said.

"Ziva don't you think aap kuch zyada hi samajhdaar hogaye ho." Manik said as he pulled her cheeks.

"Woh toh mai hu!" She said proudly to which we all laughed.

"Ziva baby, do I not get a crown?" Hardik asked with a sad pout.

"Of course you do Hardi Uncle, but you have to find a princess first!" She stated.

"I did princess! But Mani Uncle took her away from me." He replied to which we all looked at him in shock. Is he being serious?

"Hawww Mani Uncle! Very bad!" Ziva said.

"Ziva I didn't take anything away. You gave me my princess!" Manik replied.

"Yes that's true. It's because Nandini Masi looks nice with Mani Uncle that's why." Ziva explained.

"It's okay baby, aap ko explain karne ki zaroorat nahi hai." Sakshi explained.

"I'm just joking! I'll find myself a princess don't you worry!" Hardik said with a smile.

"Okay now I'm gonna go to papa! I'm such a busy girl today!" She said as she took a deep breath and ran towards her dad.

"Sakshi! What have you been teaching Ziva?" Manik questioned.

"Me? Nothing! Nothing at all!" She said with a smirk.

"Acha? Then what is all this prince and princess thing!" He further asked.

"She thinks you two look good together so she paired you up! Kids always tell the truth and I must admit Nandini, you're the perfect princess for Manik!" Sakshi said with a smile to which I started to blush.

"I need a Nandini in my life!" Hardik said dramatically to which we all giggled.

"Nandini come! Bhabhi and bhai wanted to meet you!" Manik said as he held my hand and we walked away. As we were walking through the crowd, many eyes were on us and they all had questions in their eyes. I didn't feel uncomfortable because I had Manik with me. His touch made me feel safe and I gripped his hand tighter as if never wanting to let go.

A/N: Chapter 22 updated! Hope you all enjoyed it. I am sorry it's so late. I am trying to get back into writing and stop procrastinating so much! Your support motivates me so much. So thank you for leaving messages asking when I'll update because that encourages me to update ASAP! LOVE YOU ALL LOTS XXX

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

115K 7.7K 23
Two Souls Craving for True Love.....❤ Two souls Separated Due to Circumstances.... Missing Each Other....... Will their thirst of love ever be satisf...
104K 4.5K 15
Manik Malhotra and Nandini Murthy once loved each other crazily, but one day a misunderstanding took place and they both got separted. But after 3 ye...
106K 6.3K 25
What happens if you love someone else and are forced to marry someone else? Same happened with Nandini Murthy. The girl who loved her boyfriend, Abh...
1.1M 108K 65
****Can be read as a general fiction. If you want an arrange marriage tale with humor, emotions and love, hop in right away**** Love is supposed to b...