The Trouble with Faking It...

Por dearxxreader

Tyler Seguin Fanfiction Story: When Daisy Winters friend, Tyler Seguin - a professional hockey player for the... Más

Authors Note
Chapter 1: Maybe Crazy Is Just The Kind Of Change I Need
Chapter 2: Everybody Is Attached To Something
Chapter 3: La Douleur Exquise
Chapter 4: Drunk On A Feeling
Chapter 5: Gonna Take A Little More Than Sweet-Talk To Sweep Me Off My Feet
Chapter 6: I'll Be Home For Christmas - Part 1
Chapter 7: I'll Be Home For Christmas - Part 2
Chapter 8: I Knew You Were Trouble
Chapter 9: You Are In Love
Chapter 10: Here Comes Goodbye
Chapter 11: Almost Home
Chapter 12: I'm A Sucker For You
Chapter 13: Say Something Cause I'm Giving Up On You
Chapter 14: Loving You Had Consequences
Chapter 15: Where We Gonna Go From Here?
Chapter 16: This Love
Chapter 17: Don't Give Up On Me
Chapter 18: Go Ahead And Break My Heart
Chapter 19: When We Were Young
Chapter 20: Make You Feel My Love
Chapter 21: Everything Is About To Change
Chapter 23: Family Is Forever
Epilogue
afterword
bonus chapters/sequel?
SEQUEL

Chapter 22: Let Me Write You A Love Song

1.8K 23 0
Por dearxxreader

a/n: no idea where these chapters are coming from but lets hope the ideas keep coming

Chapter 22: let me write you a love song

"brown eyes are just brown eyes, until you fall in love with someone with brown eyes"

Five(ish) years ago, in a crowded bar:

"Can I buy you a drink?"

I sighed and took a deep breath before I turned around. I started to come up with some excuse but stopped when I got a good look at him. Maddie always told me I have a type and by the look of this guy, he was exactly mine.

Brown hair, check. Brown eyes to match the hair, double check. Not too much but enough stubble? Triple check.

But there was something about this guy that screamed 'stay away'. Was it the way all the girls in the bar were staring at him? Or was it the cocky look on his face that said he knew he would get laid tonight?

Whatever the reason, I decided to ignore them at first and accept his offer and oh boy, was that a mistake.

"So, what's your name?" He asked, ordering two shots of vodka and wow, what a wonderful start it was.

I decided to humour him though. "Daisy."

"Pretty name. Like the flower?"

"Does that line usually work for you?" I asked flatly but he grinned easily.

"Never used it until now." He smirked. "Usually it doesn't take this much work."

And that was how quickly I'd had enough because of course, he had to be one of those douche bags who thought they could get whatever girl they wanted.

This ended up to be true because after I told him to get lost, I saw a pretty brunette hanging off him like a monkey and he left with her.

Not that I cared, because he was a douche-bag and I wasn't an idiot.

***

September 9th

"Daisy?"

I look at Tyler who is smirking at me. "Lost you for a minute. Penny for your thoughts?"

I smile, looking around the bar where it all started. "Memories." I say simply and he grins.

"Ah, yes. One of my fondest." His smile is sly. "That brunette was- ow!"

He jumps back when I punch him in the arm and raises his hands.

"I was kidding!" He says but I glare anyway.

"Not amusing. Do you feel like sleeping on the couch?"

Okay, so maybe I'm a little more irritable lately than usual but it's the hormones. I act like a totally different person because if I am not grumpy about something, I get emotional over dumb things.

Tyler has noticed but hasn't said much. It's like he's walking on egg-shells around me.

"Can I buy you a drink?" He asks and I panic because how do I explain that I can't drink? I could say that I want to be sober when I get home because of Clara but that won't work because she's spending the night at Maddie's house. Jo asked if he could come visit her and instead of booking a hotel, Maddie and Elliot offered for him to stay at their place. Her sudden offer took me off guard because I know her feelings toward Jo but I figure it's for Clara.

So that won't work.

I think about saying I'm feeling sick but I had to persuade Tyler to agree to go out in the first place after we were invited by Jamie and his girlfriend because I'd been sick all morning. So if I play that card, chances are he will want to bring me home.

"I'll have a sprite." I tell him and he raises an eyebrow but doesn't question my choice, thankfully.

I sip on my drink and watch Jamie and Tyler chat until Jamie's girlfriend, Katie, pulls me aside so we're out of hearing distance of the boys.

"So, how far along are you?" She asks and I sputter on my drink.

"Huh?"

I want to smack my forehead because huh has been my go to word every time someone asks me that question.

She purses her lips. "You've got that glow." then a wrinkle forms between her brows. "Have you told-"

"No." I say sternly. "and I'd like to keep it that way."

She raises her hands. "Hey, I get it. It's not an easy conversation to have and I know you guys have been touch and go these past few months but-"

"and that's exactly why I can't tell him." I say, feeling the tears starting. "I can't mess up-"

"It's okay, honey." she soothes. "I won't say anything."

"Daisy?"

I wipe under my eyes quickly and turn to where Tyler is standing. He looks concerned and throws Katie a look.

"Are you okay?" He asks, taking my face in his hands, thus, forcing me to look at him. "Did Katie-"

"No." I say quickly. "I'm just not feeling well," I tell him which isn't technically a lie. "Can we go home?"

He nods and wraps an arm around me. "Yeah, of course."

I watch him cast Jamie a look who just nods in understanding. Katie comes over and takes my hand, smiling.

"Call me if you need anything." She says and I nod, looking at Jamie who calls my name.

"You get better, yeah?" He tells me and I force a smile.

"I'll text you." Tyler tells him and then leads me out of the bar. He hails a cab and we get home quicker than I expect. Maybe the taxi driver goes a little faster when he notices I look a bit green and I don't blame him - I wouldn't want to clean that off the seats either.

When we're home, and I am sitting on the couch wrapped up in blankets and a cup of tea in my hands.

"You never did tell me what the doctor said." Tyler says quietly, sprawled out on a chair across from me. He's the slightest bit buzzed but he's still thinking clearly.

"She just said I had a stomach bug."

"Daisy, that was weeks ago." He says sharply. Probably sharper than he meant. "Stomach bugs don't last that long."

"Well, you're not a doctor... so."

"Jesus, can you tell me the truth for once?" He says loudly and I am so glad Clara isn't home this time.

I shrug. "It's just not a truth you're ready for."

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"Why can't you just trust me for once?" I snap.

He glares at me. "Because you've given me no reason to."

I stand up, letting the blanket fall from my shoulders. "Oh that is rich. That is fucking hilarious coming from you." my words come out sharper than I intend.

"Just tell me the truth." He yells and I become so frustrated and furious that I can't stop myself from telling him.

"I am pregnant, you idiot." I yell and it feels so good to get it out that it's like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I don't even register the dumbfounded look on his face and for a moment, I don't care what he's going to say or what he's going to do.

When I finally do look at him, his face is slack and I question for a second whether he has gone in to shock. I wouldn't put it past him.

But he hasn't, because he slowly walks towards me.

"What?"

"Do I need to spell it out for you?" I ask sharply.

"I-"

"-am an idiot." I say, and despite what is going on, his mouth twitches like he's holding back a smile.

His eyes are pleading when he gets close enough that I can look in to them.

"Please tell me you're not kidding." he says and okay, this was not the reaction I was expecting.

"Why would I joke about this?"

A small smile finally crosses his face and I pray that this isn't some dream because this is going so much better than I hoped.

"I'm sorry I didn't notice."

"Yeah, well, you've always been kind of dense." I joke but when he wraps his arms around my waist and spins me around, I can't keep the grin off my face.

So maybe the universe it actually on my side.

***

Four and a half (ish) years ago:

"Daisy?"

I look up from the table I am seated at in a small cafe to see the guy from the bar standing there.

I'm shocked that he remembers me because it was months ago that he tried to pick me up and I told him to get lost. Not that I thought about it often, because you know, he was a douche bag and I wasn't an idiot.

"That's me." I say, raising an eyebrow when he sits down across from me. I sort of like that he doesn't ask but I also kind of want to tell him to leave.

"I feel like we got off on the wrong foot." He says, holding a hand out to me. "I'm Tyler."

I hesitate but take his hand and shake it. "Daisy. Like the flower."

The corner of his mouth turns up in a tiny smile. "Do you think we could start over?"

I tilt my head slightly and consider the pros and cons. Cons - he might be trying to get in my pants. Pros - he seems like a decent guy.

"You know Tyler, I think this could be the start of a beautiful friendship."

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

14.5K 126 13
Your cousin's bachelorette party heats up when you run into a professional hockey player, Tyler Seguin. Are things going to be serious? Or are you ju...
136K 1.6K 50
When Braelynn Carter's boyfriend of two years dumps her, she thinks nothing is going to ever make her happy. That is, until one day she meets a ho...
459K 7.2K 50
Meet Jamie Benn's bestfriend, a green eyed, blonde haired, Dallas star journalist, Nicola. Nicola has a really low tolerance when it comes to immatur...
312K 7.8K 81
I never thought that I'd ever fall in love. I've always been so afraid of being in love, and sharing every part of who I am with someone else. I didn...