The Love Between Heaven and H...

By blackloverose

Sequel of Thin line between love and hate. This is the next generation. You saw what Rose and Drew went thro... More

Next Generation
Bad news bears
Home sweet home
Fire and Ice
Life is like Lemons
Game Day!!!!
No I in TEAM
Party like a rock star ☆
Don't tell me bye, bye
Aftermath
PTA (Parents)
This is the new normal
See me
Old flames, new fire
Differences
Brotherhood
Falling into place
Be Mine
All or Nothing
Homecoming Night.
To close to home
Thanksgiving Break

As the night bleeds blue

4 0 0
By blackloverose

Trigger Warning for this chapter involves SA and Suicide in this chapter. Please read with caution.

Just as homecoming came, it went. Behind it was the gossip. Headline: Karly and Jonathan break after cheating sandal.

On a positive note, Asia and Lillian's song went viral online.

As Anastasia reads some of the comments, she was ecstatic.

Even with the news of the shit show, Lillian & Adrian grew their relationship together.

Jaylen woke up feeling like he got hit by a bus. The weight on his chest only made him want to stay in bed. Jaylen had almost forgotten what day it was.

Almost.

Jaylen covered himself with his blanket until he remembered the fact that exams were today.

Taking one step at a time, he threw on sweats and a hoodie. Grabbing his backpack, he headed out the door.

Walking through the halls, Jaylen didn't feel like himself. His body was there, but his mind was elsewhere.

Unexpectedly, three young ladies were standing by his locker.

"Excuse me." Pointing at his locker, Jaylen is oblivious to the odd behavior from the ladies. One giggles as she moves her nervous friends to the side.

The middle girl with red hair and green eyes started to say, "So um..." Jaylen looks at her from the corner of his eye making the girl pause. Her friends nudged her to continue. Jaylen tries to ignore them, quickly putting away his bag.

The girl continues on, "Jaylen, would you like to go out with me?" Aggressively slamming his locker, he briefly glances over at the girl, making sure he heard her correctly.

"No. Sorry." Jaylen did everything in his power not to scream. The burning in his chest got worse as he headed toward class.

Arriving to class early, only about a third of the students were there. Without knowing, he caught the curious eyes of someone. He goes to his seat in the back. He added his ear pods, laying his head down.

Feeling his earpiece being pulled out, he's met with piercing ocean blue eyes. The shock of being so close to her made him observe her. Her ruby, wavy pixie cut laid perfectly over her pearl earrings. Once she got his attention, she sat back on top of the desk in front of him, facing him.

Smirking her skirt rode up a little while crossing her legs briefly flashing him. Jaylen quickly glances away trying to think of anything else.

After a few moments of silence, she asks him, "Why are you so quiet? The imfamous Jaylen. Mysterious, aloof...sexy." making sure she stared at his lips.

Getting a hold of himself, Jaylen narrowed his eyes at her, "And you are?"

She leans in raising her eyebrow, "That's all you can come up with?" Playing it off she adds, "You should study with me for the finals."

He quickly replied, "I have plans."

Ignoring his rebuttal, She kept pushing him. "My place?" Giving him another once over, she stands up, "Oh and the name is Eleanor." She says before going back to her seat.

The final bell rung and in came flooding students

As the next bell rang, Asia became stuck at the piano. She didn't realize that she spent a whole hour just playing. Trying to get through the thoughts of last weekend.

Her mood lifted seeing a familiar face.

Jaylen waves to her, "Hey stranger." Asia puts on a smile.

She greeted him, "Oh hey. How was class?"

"Ugh boring. What are you up to?" Nodding towards the piano.

"Oh, I'm supposed to be working on this new piece but nothing is sticking."

"You feel blocked?" Asia nods in defeat.

Jaylen puts down his bag, sitting next to her. Moving over she watches as his fingers go over the piano keys.

Playing Twinkle little star, it was so innocent and sweet. He started singing with a goofy voice making her laugh.

Enjoying her laugh, Jaylen smiles, "Ah there's my sweet Asia. Come on start playing with me." Following his notes, she started putting in her mix to it. Watching as she gets into it, he stops playing to hear her medley.

Once Asia fully plays, she is ecstatic. "I've got it!" Hugging him she doesn't let go.

"Thank you Jaylen." Wrapping his arms around her, he laid his head on her shoulder. "I'm glad I was able to help." But the longer they held each other, the more they started to melted into each other. Comfortable against his chest, Asia definitely wasn't moving.

Hearing the door open, they pull apart. The student walked in seeing the awkwardness. Leaving with his instrument, just as quickly as he walked in.

Jaylen pointed out, "You didn't text me back last night."

Asia didn't meet his gaze. "I uh saw it but forgot to reply." Asia was trying to brush it off by playing more notes.

That's when he reached over, stopping her hands.

"Asia, look at me." Demanding her attention.

Slowly matching his gaze, she watched the worry grow in his expression.

Asia decided to plan her escape. Rushing off, she picked up her backpack, going towards the door to leave.

"Asia!?" Grabbing his bag, he follows her. Seeing her down the hall he starts to jog toward her.

Anastasia's escape came to a halt hearing shouting behind her.

"I am not interested! Stop asking!" Hearing Jaylens burst of yelling that echoed through the empty hallways Asia immediately starts sprinting back in the direction she came from.

The closer she got, the more Asia could see the look of rage and frustration on Jaylen's face. A moment later, a crowd of people started gathering, trying to pinpoint where the yelling came from.

Asia grabbed Jaylen's hand, pulling them away, blending into the crowd of students.

Back in the music room, Asia stood in front of him, "What was that about out there?"

At this point, he was overwhelmed. He barely heard what Anastasia said.

"Me? what is your problem?" Already on edge, it carried in his tone towards her.

She turned her gaze, inching away from him. "This is not about me."

He deepened his voice, giving her a serious expression, "Don't you lie to me, Anastasia." Jaylen wasn't letting this go. He backed her up against the wall.

That's when Asia felt cornered and pushed back verbally.

Asia added, "Why? You lie to me all the time! You don't tell me anything. You don't like talking about your old school or even about the woman in that photo."

Jaylen leaned down to her making them face to face. "Don't bring her up."

Asia smirked, matching his energy, "Why? Did she break your heart? Leave you?"

"I said don't bring her up!" Raising his voice, shouting in her face.

Anastasia just stood in place. This new side of him shows his true colors. Rolling her eyes, she had a couple of thoughts run through her head of being rude or going off but she took a deep breath.

"Damn. I'm done. Move." The venom sound in her voice told him that she was pissed.

"Done with what?" Jaylen asked but regrets his words when she locks her daggers at him.

She started with a low whisper, "You. I told my brother that I would stay around you until you found friends. Even better you became Adrian's best friend. You don't need me anymore. You never did."

He slowly reaches for her. "Don't do this Asia. We are friends."

Asia shook her head, "Friends? When something is wrong, you push everything down. You shut yourself off to everyone but Adrian."

Jaylen was surprised at what Anastasia pointed out. "That's big coming from you. You don't tell me what's going on either."

At wits ends, Asia let it out, "I can't tell you certain things because I like you!"

He paused his pacing for a moment. He feet planted to the floor. Jaylen's mouth opened, but the words weren't coming. She nodded, disappointed.

Going towards the door, a part of her wanted him to say something. Anything. But her longing went with her out the door.

The moment she left, his heart sank. Numbness started to spread all over his body. By the time Jaylen knew what was going on, he was at the lunch table sitting in front of a newly couple, Lillian and Adrian.

Getting a message on Adrian's watch, its from Myles.

"Asia went home for the day." Adrian gets concerned and messages Asia as he asks Lillian.

"Babe, did you know?" Lillian shook her head, worried. "I'll call her." A few seconds later, the call is replaced with a text back.

Lily reads it out loud, "She's not feeling good. Knowing her, her not feeling good is her needing a break."

Jaylen thoughts went all over the place, but he knew it was because of him.

Dre catches Jaylens attention, "You saw her this morning. Did she seem sick?"

Jaylen swallowed hard & shook his head. Lillian noticed that Jaylen wasn't holding eye contact.

Adrian sends Asia her favorite food to be delivered to their house.

In these moments Adrian feels like he doesn't know how to help. As kids he could make her laugh but now a days nothing seems to get her to smile.

Dre comes up with an idea to leave early as well.

Lillian disagreed, "No, let's give her time alone. She knows we'll be over after school."

Lillians attention went back on Jaylen, She wondered why he wasn't eating.

"Did the two of you fight?" Lillian boldly asked Jaylen.

He hesitated in his answer. "I wouldn't call it a fight per say."

Adrian and Lillian both gave Jaylen this look of curiosity.

Jaylen adds, "Okay, we had a misunderstanding... or two."

Adrian became a bit tense, "What kind of misunderstanding?"

Jaylen shook his head, "It is so hard being friends with her brother. I'm not saying anything to you until I talk to her."

Adrian acted like he was hurt by Jaylen making a face.

"What?! You can talk to me." Adrian's cry went to deaf ears. He stands up from the table, shaking his head and strolls away.

Once he was a few feet away, Lily told Jaylen, "Come one tell me." He bent down and whispered,"She confessed to me."

Lily was shook, "Really? She said she wanted to stop having feelings for you."

That surprised Jaylen, "What?... Why?"

"Because you told her you only wanted to be friends. Also, you're leaving after graduation. She knew this and gave up."

"I'll go find her." Jaylen got grabbed his things. Once he was in his car, Lillian sent him a few locations Anastasia would be.

Adrian came back to the table, confused.

He asked, "What was that about?"

Lily smirked and hugged him. "I'm her best friend. I was just helping."

"But she's my sister."

Lillian folded her arms. "And I'm your girlfriend."

Adrian mimicked her adding on, "As your boyfriend, I'm telling you that you can only take my side."

"I'll only take your side if you were my husband."

"Don't tempt me." He started to tickle her.

"Mr Faraldo, I will beat you up." Making them both laugh.

Jaylen parks at the Victorian home and jogs over to the side of the house through the Faraldo interstate to Anastasia grandmother's rose garden. Thank you Lillian for the gate code.

The moment Asia saw Jaylen, she smirked, knowing that Lillian could see her location.

Asia commented, "I hope you didn't come all this way just to make sure I was okay."

He sits down on the swing next to her.

"Maybe a little. I didn't know a place like this existed." It's a wonder land of flowers. Butterflies, bees, and other little creatures made its home in the stunning display of roses perfectly placed and formed.

The cloudiness and warm winds matched her sense of mood. But her smirk didn't show that. "This place is my safe zone."

"It is beautiful," He says, watching her gaze sweep over the blooms of roses. As if a throne pricked her finger to see if she would bleed.

Asia turned catching his longing gaze. It took a moment before Jaylen realized, turning away. She smiled and reached for his hand holding it in hers.

"SO I'm assuming you're here for something." Anastasia felt the wind shift directions, and Jaylen tightened his grip on her hand.

Jaylen swallowed up all his courage. "The girl in the pictures was my girlfriend. Rachel. "

Asia internally paused, "Was?"

Jaylen grew cold as the memory crept in. "Sh-she um committed suicide. Today marks 1 year of her passing." Anastasia was in shock.

"Oh Jaylen. I am so sorry. I didn't know."

"How could you when I haven't been communicating."

"Is the only reason you're around me is because I remind you of your girlfriend? You're scared that I'll harm myself."

"No, I just don't want to lose you. It has nothing to do with what happened. I do care for you."

"I'm sorry. Could you tell me about... about her?"

Jaylen paused for a moment but told the story. "We were together for three years. She had the sweetest heart and would always be there for people. Rachel was going to study medicine with an internship at 15."

Asia saw the little smile he gave then faded. "After winning freshmen year homecoming game, we both went to a party. A couple hours in my mother was having an episode, causing me to leave Rachel telling her I would be back soon. Before I knew it, the party was over.

Each attempt to contact her was ignored and at the time assumed she was pissed.

A tear falls as he continues. "The next morning, I get pulled out of bed to the hospital by our friend."

His voice started breaking.

"When we first got there, her sister told me she found Rachel unconscious with an empty bottle of pills.

He paused for a moment. "Seeing Rachel, how weak and ghostly she appeared. The marks on her body confirmed the horrors of what her note said.

Staying on the couch, I waited for her to awaken for 2 days. Falling asleep for just a moment, I was awoken to a scream.

Jolting awake, Rachel wasn't in her bed causing me to panic. Running out of the room I went towards all of the commotion hoping to find her.

Just outside of the medical supplies closet, her mother was holding Rachel's limp body on the ground. Everything at the moment didn't feel real.

I will never forget her mothers cries. Even as they pulled Rachel out of her arms. I watched as the nurse pulled the needle from her arm. Another checking her pulse, the nurses face dropped like it was already too late."

Jaylen stood and started pacing a bit.

"All I could think was that it wasn't real. That it wasn't her lifeless body there. She was just laughing and smiling with me."

Coming to sit back down again, he was less tense as Asia started rubbing his back gently.

That day she took a piece of me with her. The guilt, anger, and grief ate at me.

A few weeks later, there were a few rumors going around school that someone was talking about the party.

I started asking around, but when the fingers were pointed at my own team mates I became unhinged.

A junior finally told me each name of each guy who went into the room with her.

He was forced to watch and apologized for not telling anyone.

I was able to sneak attack two seniors before the rest caught on.

Because a few of them had scholarships & due to one of them unable to play, I got suspended and forced out. Still to this day, the cops won't look into it. Her family just wants to put it to rest.

It's unfair. She didn't do anything but love me." At this point in his story he started sobbing.

"After that my mother and I moved around a lot before my father forced me to live with him."

Asia was speechless. "Jaylen you've been through so much."

"And that's why I can't go through this again. Asia I will be here right by your side. But I can't be with you the way you want. I am now in a better place but I'm not ready to open my heart again. I do love you as a best friend. Is that enough?"

"Yeah it is. When we first met, I just wanted you to feel welcomed. Over time, I got to know you and started developing feelings. I see now it was all for nothing."

Jaylen goes and kisses her. She was shocked at first but it felt so right that she welcomed it. The sparks that they both received from the kiss felt like the kiss eternal.

Asia pulled away first.

"Wooh what a great first kiss." Asia whispered it to her self. As she got up and started stretching her arms, walking towards the flowers.

Jaylen paused for a moment, "Wait did you just say that was your first kiss."

Asia bent down and looked at a rose, "These are blooming nicely."

"Come here." The moment she stood turning around, he kissed her again. This time with more passion.

He paused on her lips smiling, "Now I have your second." Then continued. Holding her around her waist.

Asia paused. Holding his shirt at his chest by her fist, She gave a quick laugh then her smile dropped.

Pretending to be pissed at Jaylen. "You did not just take my first kiss."

With a grin he tilted his head to the side holding her gaze. "Tell me you didn't enjoy it and I won't kiss you again."

She pauses but starts to say, "I didn't enjo-" Landing another kiss on her lips. She didn't fight it this time. The harder she fell, the deeper the kiss.

Out of breath they just hold on to each other. laying her head on his chest,

Asia slowly starts to come down from her high. "What are we doing?"

"I don't know. but I know I can't have you."

"but do you want me?" He sighs resting his forehead against hers.

"If I want you, please run away."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.6K 2.2K 43
Ruby just started at her new school and trips into a complicated life, involving her best friend's boyfriend, Matthew. And God, did she try to keep a...
27.7K 1.2K 26
Jayden Jackson is a complicated person. He has anger issues and loves to fight. He hates almost everyone besides his group of friends. The one person...
2.1K 321 61
With his tragic past, Alex has not had it easy. Now he's supposed to face his senior year in high school and graduate with relatively good grades. Bu...
Stuck By platyypus

Short Story

25 0 8
High school is not easy. What with strict teachers, overbearing parents, and judgemental teenagers, it's a wonder Jade's made it this far. It's her s...