Love After the Streets

Galing kay _jasthewriter

You can take the man out the hood, but you can't take the hood out the man. Every time we're trying to do bet... Higit pa

1.) Welcome Back
2.) Withdrawal
3.) Yearning
4.) Lovers lane
5.)
6.) The Meeting
7.) Enjoy The Ride
8.) Don
9.) Dirty Delta
10.) Almost
11.) Walking Dead?
12.) Meet Again
13.) Take It Slow
14.) Memory what?
15.) Breathe Again
16.) Best Friend
17.) And so it begins
18.) San man
19.)
20.) Be Love
21.) Letting it out pt.1
22.) Letting it out pt.2
23.) War Pretest
24.) Little detailed
25.)
26.) OGs?
27.) What's tea?
28.) Invites
29.) Special Delivery
30.) Week 1
31.)
32.) Skylar
33.)
34.) Flashback...
35.)
37.)
38.)
39.)
40.)
Chapter 41.)
Chapter 42.)
Chapter 43.) August...
Chapter 44.) Many years ago
Chapter 45.) August 1993
Chapter 46.) Dive a Little Deeper

36.)

1.9K 116 264
Galing kay _jasthewriter

"What?" Jenna asked moving closer towards her.

"I feel bad but I'm not s—"

"Ok bitch and I told you I don't talk to him anymore!" Skylar's sentence was cut short upon hearing Courtney going at it with Trina.

"That's all you had to say bitch, don't get cute with me it ain't nothing to throw yo ass out," Trina warned trying to walk around Nell.

"What's going on?" Sky asked brushing by Courtney and stood next to Trina.

"I asked her ass one simple question and tha' bitch tried to get cute with me, I told y'all I'm not letting bitches slide no more, Nell move!"

"Well yo words was hitting me sus, so take it or leave it," Courtney rolled her eyes and sidestepped Quentin before going into the living room with Jenna.

"See, nah move, bitch you finna walk tha' fucking plank up in dis bitch," Trina spat going under Nell's arms but he picked her up before she could make it past the barstool.

"Courtney shut up... damn man I'm trying to save you," Gabby stressed attempting to cover her mouth but Courtney pushed her hand away.

"Bitch don't even try it. I'm tired of y'all asses treating me funny as if I wanted to fuck the damn nigga. I was ASKED GOHDAMN IT!"

"Bitch?" Gabby frowned pursing her lips.

"Yes, bitch, sick of this shit," she mumbled storming into the bathroom.

Quentin looked at Skylar then at Gabby and laughed unamused before adding his two cents, "Off the strength of this trip I'm not going to follow her in dat bathroom and beat her ass. She doesn't know me Jesus, I did time, I like to fight Lord you better help yo child.. I'ma different person now, I'ma changed being," he ranted as he went into the room to check on Trina.

Skylar turned to August and he shook his head, "You better not think about it,"

"I wasn't gonna even do anything," she huffed sitting down and pouted.

"I know you," he chuckled picking up the coffee maker Trina knocked over.

"I don't give a damn. You called me a bitch, BITCH!"

Looking around the living room and kitchen area, everyone realized Gabby had disappeared.

"If you wanna ride the nigga dick do that shit! I was trying to help you out, over here starting unnecessary drama an—"

"I don't give a fuck get out my face Gabby on the real bruh," Courtney warned.

Skylar got up and August grabbed her arm just as Jenna put the magazine down and headed towards the bathroom.

They all stood listening to the two argue seeing if it would go any further or if they could just let them hash it out and call it a day.

"Ok so what? I called you a bitch and? I'm pissed the fuck off what'd you ex— Gabby get the FUCK out my face,"

"Did I call you a bitch?" Gabby asked ignoring her threat.

"Actually you did,"

"Because you called me one!" Gabby screamed shoving her.

Nate, lil Nate and Gunna was coming out of the room to see what was going on until they heard licks being thrown and Jenna started banging on the bathroom door.

Skylar rushed over and Trina and Quentin flew out the other room like a bat out of hell.

"Who in there fighting?" Gunna laughed looking at August.

"Gabby.... and Cou—" before he could finish lil Nate flew to the door moving Jenna, Sky and Trina them out the way as he started kicking the door.

"Oh shit... I'm gonna need some help," Gunna sighed knowing exactly what was about to happen.

Nate Sr. shook his head disappointedly and sat at the kitchen island watching everything unfold as lil Nate got the bathroom door open giving everyone a view of Gabby and Courtney boxing each other up as if there was no love between the two.

"Oh hell no," Trina grilled kicking off her shoes and tried to run inside the bathroom but Jenna grabbed her and ended up falling back on top of Quentin who started yelling like he fell down a flight of stairs as lil Nate caught Courtney's hand before she could land another lick to Gabby's face.

In one swift motion, he pushed Gabby behind him and choked Courtney up inside the tub.

"Yuh outta yuh fucking mind? Yeah?" He gritted tightening his grip around her neck just as Gunna them rushed inside.

"Das a fucking shorty dawg, fuck wrong with you?" August asked snatching him back while Nell tried to calm Courtney down.

"Get di fuck off mi fam!" Nate snapped shoving August back making him hit Sky by accident.

That alone set August off, he was no longer seeing Nate as family all he saw was red. Cocking back, August was about to throw his famous 'one hitter quitter' but Nell grabbed his arm mid-swing and big Nate grabbed lil Nate by the back of his shirt and pushed him back before grabbing his collar.

"Yuh bumped yur fucking head, yeah? Wah di fuck iz yur problem?"

"Shi put h—"

"No!," Nate roared causing the entire Jet to go quiet. "Mi nuh give a fuck about none of dat. Yuh put yur hands on a fucking woman, yuh oud yur damn mind," he shoved him towards the room.

Every time lil Nate tried to speak, Nate smacked him upside his head until they got in the room and he slammed the door shut.

"You're bleeding," Quentin gasped tilting Sky's head back and pinched her nose to stop bleeding.

"I'm fine," she replied but her words were moreso directed towards a pissed off August.

"I'm ok," she repeated holding the rag to her nose.

Jenna looked over at Courtney and shook her head.

"Yeah shake yo head, your son put his fucking hands on me! Now he gotta pay for d—" before Courtney could finish her threat, Jenna stepped through August and Nell, pushed Gunna to the side and smacked Courtney not once but twice before she pushed her into the bathroom and punched her then grabbed her face.

"Don't you ever in your fucking life threaten my son! I know what the fuck he did was wrong, I was coming to apologize to yo ass after I got done going upside his head. I don't play about that one, I've been through hell to get him and had to lose three more, don't you ev—"

"Jen chill, everyone's emotions—" Gunna tried to intervene but she pushed his hand away and tightened her grip on Courtney's face.

"I will kill you behind him do you understand me? That's my only child and I'll be damned if I let a bitch like you take him from me! I can kill you right no— get off of me!" She screamed when Gunna picked her up.

"Get off of me!" She screamed trying her hardest to get free.

She was beyond pissed and had tears forming in her eyes, hurt at the fact that someone was bold enough to threaten her child's life to her face. She was gonna get Courtney before she got stupid and tried to get her son, it's just how the game went.

"Wah di hell iz dis?" Nate asked snatching the bedroom door open seeing Gunna struggling to carry Jenna.

"Come get here, we gon' drop shorty girl off," Gunna sighed handing an irate Jenna to Nate then went into the kitchen to fix him a drink.

Gabby stared at Courtney in disbelief, a part of her was hurt and took her threat personally and another part of her wanted to just let it go, but she was smart and knew she couldn't.

***

"Good way to start a trip," Quentin chuckled plopping down on the couch between August and Skylar.

Nate had to keep Jenna in the extra room and Courtney had to stay in the kitchen away from everyone else until they could sort things out.

"It wouldn't be normal if a fight didn't break out," Sky replied then laughed shaking her head.

August leaned forward and gave Q a look.

"Was I interrupting something?" He asked looking between the two.

"Nah, we were just sitting here staring at tha' blank tv," August chuckled and Q pursed his lips.

"Ok Mr. Fine Ass, I'ma let dat go, I should've brought my lil boo with me, y'all aggy," Q scrunched his face up as he got up to leave August and Skylar alone.

"That's yo friend,"

"He's yours too," she giggled picking her phone back up to finish showing him the new car she wanted.

"What were you and Jenna over here talking about?" He asked looking the car over.

"Nothing really,"

August rose a brow and stared at her briefly, "Did you just lie to me?"

"No," she giggled. "We were talking about things that are private,"

"Mhm," August hummed swiping through the pictures.

"Lie seems to be a big ass word for everyone today," he added and she frowned.

"Are we really about to do this?" She asked.

"I ain't do nothing," he chuckled.

"You just insinuated that I lied...which I didn't,"

"Ok ma, relax then," he shrugged.

Taking her phone from him, she got up and headed towards the front to find Trina. August sucked his teeth then shook his head picking up the tv remote.

Somehow it gets flipped on me, he thought then sighed.

"What was dat about?" Nell asked sitting next to him.

"I don't even know, I think all tha' girls on here on their period or some shit,"

Chuckling, Nell placed his foot on the table and leaned into the cushion and smirked, "What'd you do?"

August gave him a look then sucked his teeth knocking his foot off the table, "Always gotta be me huh?"

"I'm just saying Aug... you got a way with yo words where you hurt someone's feelings without knowing," Nell stated.

"I was actually asking a question and she ain't wanna tell me,"

"And let me guess, you said something smart?"

Shrugging, August flipped through the channels.

"Mhm, see, told you. I know you better than you know yourself," Nell replied then smirked.

"If you believe that," August mumbled settling on Martin.

"What we gon' do about shorty girl?" Nell asked and August glanced over at Courtney then shrugged.

"Shit... I don't know, if big dawg can't talk to Jenna... her ass might gotta disappear,"

"No she won't," Gunna interjected sitting next to August and placed his foot on top the table like Nell.

"She was pissed off, which was valid. Prince was wrong and he knows dat, I'm from da old school young blood, we handle shit differently than you cats nowadays... when everything is cool, Court over there will talk to Jen woman to woman... dat will be her first and only warning. If something happens in da future and she makes a threat like dat, we go after her family first, then her," He explained.

August and Nell sat there pondering on his words for a moment trying to figure out if they've been handling situations wrong the entire time.

"I didn't say dat to take a dig out how you two handle things, as I said, I'm from da old school, sometimes da new way of things is just more valid. Your ways have got you dis far, obviously y'all doing something right," Gunna shrugged before biting into his turkey sandwich.

"Something tells me you weren't always dis level headed back then," Nell chuckled.

"Actually I was, Nate was da one who fought first asked questions later then killed, Playboy... he just liked to shoot niggas... me? I like to give chances and give niggas a chance to improve. Ask Nate, he'll tell you, I was da calm one out of us three. Ask him about da time he killed niggas at the gas station and left like it was nothing, dude ruthless," Gunna said then chuckled at the memory.

"Deadass?" August sat up and Gunna nodded.

"Used his hands, I wasn't there but Jenna told me about it. It was actually after she graduated from college, streets found out about him wanting out and thought they could scare him into staying, not knowing dat our OG was Nate's pops, Tyson. Nigga taught Nate everything he knew and bro taught us, you see," Gunna sat up and wiped his hand on the napkin.

"Back then, Nate did his best to keep his street life away from home and did his best to keep Jenna out of sight and out of mind. Was he hiding her? Nah, dat nigga was a walking machine gun, any smart nigga knew not to fuck with him or walk da same path as him. But bro was smart, he knew niggas plotted so he did his best to keep Jenna out of sight from onlookers and did an even better job at keeping Prince a secret until dat gas station incident,"

​ "They found out?" August and Nell asked.

"Nah, just da niggas dat put a gun to Jenna's head, they ain't know lil Nate was in da backseat watching da shit cuz da windows were tinted,"

"Niggas really pulled a gun out on OG's shorty?" August asked finding that hard to believe and Gunna nodded.

"Da niggas dat they ran into were under some nigga who thought he had da whole New York on lock, he swore up and down we ain't put fear in his heart but was sadly mistaken. Dem niggas pulled a gun out on Jenna without even knowing they were gonna die, they figured Nate was bitch-made. He hated talking to a nigga for too long, he just liked to get shit popping, but since he got with Jenna he calmed down and niggas fed off dat but got reminded dat day. I don't even remember what happened after dat day, all I know was I was on alert with everyone and Playboy... nigga stupid, nigga just shot any nigga dat said something he ain't like, he knew he would die, but like we always said if I gotta go, I'ma die a real nigga, and he did. Took 2 niggas with him before he took his last breath with a smirk on his face," sighing, Gunna cleared his throat.

"Damn man," he mumbled before getting up.

August and Nell watched as he disappeared around the corner before they stared at one another.

"I thought we were doing big shit," August joked, trying to lighten the mood but Nell had an unreadable expression on his face.

"Aye," he called staring down at a picture of Trina and their son. "If something ever happens to me, I don't want you to carry dat burden of taking care of T or lil man, live yo life and get out dis shit,"

"Don't even talk like dat bro, I'm not trying to hear it," August shook his head not wanting to think about losing his best friend.

"I'm serious Aug... you just heard what OG said, Playboy was a clown like me and look at him, he breathed dis street shit and let it take him. Look at Nate, they thought his ass was dead too leaving Gunna by himself to not only protect his wife and kid, but to provide for dem while pushing his issues to da side. I don't want you doing dat, if my time comes, live yo fucking life, because if you don't I'ma hunt yo ass until you get it right,"

August stared blankly at the tv while clenching and unclenching his jaw. He already had a hard time dealing with Mel's death, the thought of taking on Nell's too wasn't sitting right with him whatsoever.

"Aug?" Nell called.

"I hear you," August mumbled still staring at the tv.

Grabbing him by the back of his neck, Nell pulled him towards him and pressed his forehead against his. "I love you aight? But dis not what we're supposed to do until we old niggas, it's time for us to wake up,"

"Do you hear me?" He asked and August nodded.

"I love you man, kno' dat'" he added pulling August into a strong embrace.

"I love you too man,"

***************************

​How y'all feel?
The gas station situation that Gunna was telling them about is in Jenna and Nate's story lol.

Y'all think something gonna happen?

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

2.1K 44 6
-ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴘᴇᴀᴄᴇ ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢᴇᴛ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ʜᴀʀᴅ ᴛɪᴍᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ʟɪᴠɪɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴀ ʟɪᴇ- ᴍᴀᴛᴛʜᴇᴡ ᴊᴏʜɴsᴏɴ -At a point in time there was a l...
1.7K 29 44
Jaliyah 'Blu' Washington and her brothers are your definition of the grind. at 19 , 20 , and 23 years old , she and her two older brothers have done...
689K 36.4K 90
*Not edited* I snuggled into the pillow before I felt his arm wrap around me, pulling me closer. My head now in his chest as he pulled my leg over hi...
10.8K 223 42
10 years. 10 years of hating Griffin Taylor. Luckily for me, he lives hundreds of miles away and I very rarely have to handle the knowledge he's in...