The Dying of the Light

By natashacobb

Kongpob Suthiluck, a young captain of industry, is a hard-working man who wants nothing more than to make his... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty Four

Chapter Thirty-Five

4.5K 228 54
By natashacobb

A/N: More than 1000 readers! I can't believe it. I am humbled by all your kind comments. Thanks for supporting my first fan fic. Our lovebirds are now truly enjoying their life together. Bless their hearts.

"No. That belongs over there. Careful. Don't drop that. That's a priceless heirloom. Yes, that one goes upstairs." Arthit plopped onto the couch in the living room and sighed. Supervising the movers was becoming a full-time job. "Why didn't I listen to Kong? He was so right.  We should've hired a moving coordinator."

"What was that? Did someone just admit I was right? Wait, I need to record this and make it my ring tone, so whenever you call, I'll hear you telling me I'm right." Kongpob was laughing at his husband as he appeared behind the couch.

"Oh...you! Right my ass! Where did you come from?" Arthit looked at his watch. "You weren't supposed to be here for another couple of hours. I was hoping to be done with everything by then."

Kongpob leaned forward and placed a chaste kiss on Arthit's lips.

"I couldn't wait to see you, so I delegated my remaining tasks to M and Tanawat. I just had to come home and make love to my lovely wife in our new home."

"I'll show you a wife." Arthit was about to smack Kongpob, when a bouquet of white roses appears before him. He lowered his hand and hugged Kongpob instead. "Thank you, Kong. These are beautiful."

"That's not all. Go upstairs and get changed. I'm taking you out on a date tonight."

"I can't leave, there's furniture to organize, things to put in place and..."

"Stop right there. I already have unimpeachable proof that I was RIGHT about this being too much work for you. We both work very hard jobs and Moving Coordinator is not one of them." Kongpob called over his shoulder and a young woman appeared. "Arthit, this is Cheri. She is going to take over from here." He removed the tablet from Arthit's hand and gave it to Cheri.

Arthit began to protest, but Kong silenced Arthit with a passionate kiss. The action was met with applause and whistles from the moving staff and Cheri. Arthit gently pushed Kongpob away. His face and neck were dusted pink with embarrassment.

"Kongpob!" Arthit broke away from Kongpob and ran up the stairs. "I'll be down in a couple of minutes," Arthit yelled behind him.

"I'll be here my angel." Kongpob smirked and sat down on the couch with Cheri to discuss the details of the move.

"Oh Kong! This is amazing. I can't believe we're here. How did you know I wanted to do this?"

"I overhead you talking to my mother at our wedding reception. I decided then that I would bring you here, but I just needed to find the right time."

Arthit was as wide-eyed as a child watching all the rides and lights around him. He couldn't believe he was finally visiting an amusement park. Growing up in an orphanage, he would see it from the window. It would make him sad for it to be so close, yet so far away. His eyes became teary remembering all those lonely years in the orphanage.

"My mother and father would always talk about bringing me here, but they died before they could do so."

Kongpob held his husband's face between his hands, using his thumb to wipe away his tears.

"I wanted this to be special for you. It must have been hard to lose them at such a young age."

"It was. The orphanage was a harsh place. It hurt to make friends only to have them leave you when a family adopted them. Every Saturday there would be an event where people looking to adopt a child would come and play with us. I was always filled with such hope. I longed for a family, but I never got one. Eventually, I gave up and just concentrated on what my life would be like after I left the orphanage. My heart breaks for the kids who are there now. I would hate to see another child suffer as I did."

Kongpob held Arthit in his embrace and kissed his temple.

"Well then let's visit the orphanage and see what we can do about that."

"Are you serious Kong? We haven't talked about kids. Are you sure?"

"Of course, I'm sure. Why wouldn't I want a family with you?  I love you Arthit. You will never be alone again."

"I love you too Kong. Thank you for this. It means so much."

Two years later...

"No running in the house. You and your sister are going to get it if you don't come here right now and eat your dinner." Arthit yelled up the stairs.

Two children, came running down the stairs, holding hands and laughing.

"What did I just tell you two?"

"Sorry Pa," they said in unison. "We won't do it again. Don't be mad Pa. We sorry."

They each grabbed one of Arthit's legs and squeezed while looking up at his face.

"Oh, how could I be mad at my two angels? You are too cute. Just remember that you could get hurt if you run. Pa doesn't want you fall and hurt yourselves. What would Daddy say, huh?"

Arthit ruffled their hair and they giggled.  The twin girls were a vision of loveliness. Each had lovely black hair and beautiful black eyes. Their cheeks were rosy and their faces full of love for their Pa. Kongpob and Arthit had adopted the twins, Anya and Natalia, almost two years ago from the same orphanage where Arthit grew up. They had been taken with them immediately. Anya was much like Kongpob, outgoing and always smiling. Natalia was like Arthit, quiet and bookish. She stuck to Arthit like glue.

"Daddy will be home soon, so let's have a seat at the table, while I finish preparing our dinner, okay?"

"Yes Pa. What are we eating today?"

"Your favorite, Pad Thai"

"YAY! Thank you, Pa! When is Daddy going to be home so we can gobble it up?"

Kongpob entered the dining room in time to hear his daughters ask about him. He snuck up behind them and grabbed them, kissing them both atop their heads.

"Is someone looking for their Daddy?"

The girls squealed and jumped out of their chairs, begging to be picked up. He easily scooped up both girls, bringing them to his chest and kissing their cheeks.

"Stop Daddy! It tickles."

"Does it? Daddy is sorry, babies." He pretended to be sorry and pouted.

"No pouting Daddy. Don't be sad." They both kissed either side of his face, making him smile again.

"Okay girls have a seat. Let me hug Pa."

"Yes Daddy."

The scrambled back onto their seats and giggled when they saw their Daddy snake his arms around their Pa's waist and kiss him on his neck.

"Umm, Kong."

"Umm, my angel. You smell so good."

"That's not me. It's the Pad Thai." He chuckled and smacked Kongpob on his arm.

"Trust me. It's not the Pad Thai I want to eat right now." Kongpob smirked and kissed Arthit again.

"Kongpob! What are you teaching our children?"

"That their Daddy loves their Pa. Problem?"

Arthit rolled his eyes and placed dinner on the table.

"Wash up and join your family at the table. You cheesy devil, you."

The girls giggled and pointed at Kongpob.

"Daddy is cheesy! Daddy is cheesy!"

Kongpob hugged Arthit from the back as they both stood in the doorway of their daughters' room, watching them sleep.

"They are beautiful, aren't they?"

"Yes. If I didn't know any better, I'd swear you gave birth to them Arthit. They look so much like you. It's strange, but I love it."

"Thank you, Kong."

"For what?"

"For loving me. For marrying me. For giving me this family. I just love you so much."

"I love you too, my angel..."

THE END

A/N: Thank you all for taking this ride with me. There were a lot of ups and downs for our lovebirds, but in the end, they made it. This was a labor of love for me and I appreciate each of you for taking the time to read it. My next Peraya story is coming your way.

It's going to be called "A Rose Amongst Thorns."

See you soon. 😊

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.7K 5.7K 34
One unfortunate meeting made Kong and Arthit to hate each other to the extent that they never want to see each other's face. What turn is their live...
14.1K 876 25
THIS IS A FANFIC! JUST MY CRAZY IMAGINATION. Nope none of it real. With that being clear lets proceed. Kongpob and Arthit broke up 4 years ago. Kongp...
82.7K 4.5K 22
it's a boy boy love story my first attempt in fanfiction .Kong and arthit will be different but somewhere same . mature content will be implicated bu...
37K 3K 24
Kongbop Suthiluck is the presumptive alpha of the Siam Pack of werewolves. But he is in no hurry to take over the reins even though he is old enough...