IF THAT'S WHAT IT TAKES Book 2

נכתב על ידי intellectual212

After almost failing out of Dental School, August returns to Atlanta willing to do whatever it takes to make... עוד

IF THAT'S WHAT IT TAKES (THE SEQUEL)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
A/N - Why Amber Kissed Aug / Interview Link
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Author's Note: Aug Needs Our Prayers Y'all/ Story on Hold
A/N: Be Strong Y'all
A/N
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
CHAPTER 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Question on Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 35 Re-Upload
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
A/N - NEW BOOK
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
A/N - Are y'all getting tired of this book?
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
A/N - NEW AUG STORY UP!
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Epilogue Part 1
Epilogue Part 2
A/N - The Wedding
Bonus Chapter - The Beginning
Bonus Chapter - Daddy's Little Girl
The Wedding Part 1
Wedding Part 2
Wedding Part 3
LIFE AFTER MARRIAGE - INTERRUPTIONS
Life After Marriage - Interruptions Part 2
House Guest Part 1
House Guest Part 2
New Chapter Up in Life After Marriage

Chapter 42 -Repost

54.5K 1.3K 181
נכתב על ידי intellectual212

****Aug’s b-day will be divided into two-parts. This is part 1.

I am so grateful for you guys. I really did feel like giving up on this book, I felt a disconnect. And its because of your love, encouragement and constructive criticism, I found the problem. I thank you all for your honest opinion. It only helps me grow as a writer. Some writers get so offended if you say, “oh this isn’t perfect.”

Not me, I’m trying to provide you guys with the best. And I can only do it if you’re honest. So I appreciate you for saying, “Girl its great, but its moving a little slow. Or I love it, but Aug and Amb are going backwards. Or this is my favorite story, but I need more drama.

I do know that every person who commented did so in love and not hate, and I am so appreciative. I literally sat reading your comments crying, because I feel so much love. Man y’all are my everything.

I feel that same type of love in my marriage to Aug. I hope one day y’all find a love, like the one I have with Aug. lol

And there will be more Stac and Trav, but remember its not their story. I don’t want the focus to leave Amb and Aug.

But I might consider giving Trav and Stac one if y’all want it. We’ll see.

Anyways enjoy!

AUGUST P.O.V. –

“Have a seat.” My counselor looked at me with a less than enthused look on her face.

I thought it was odd she called me to meet with her. I usually meet with her only once a week, since I am on academic probation. Just to check to make sure I’m good, and school is going cool.

I had already met with her this week and we had established that I was doing great. Having Amb and Sata here with me definitely put me back on track.

“Ey Ms. Stanton how are you?”

“Could be better.” She said dryly writing something down.

“Rough day?” I gave a slight laugh.

She just looked up at me and continued to write.

“It’s my birthday today.” I said proud, and excited to see what Amb had planned. As long as eating and having sex was a part of the plan, this would be the best birthday ever.  

 “Then that makes what I’m about to say that much harder.” She looked at me with an evil eye, then rumbled through her desk.

“What’s wrong?”

“I got a call from the board Mr. Alsina.”

“Board of Dentist?” I sat back and rubbed my mustache with my index finger, wondering how this pertained to me.

“Yes.”

“What does that have to do with me? They making me a dentist early?” I joked.

“This is not the time for jokes. Mr. Alsina.”

“Did I do something?”

She took a deep breath, then folded her hands on her desk and looked at me.

“Dr. Maraj told the board you administered the nitrous oxide.”

“What?” I hopped up.

“Sit down Mr. Alsina.”

“She’s lying. I found her plugged up to the machine. She blaming everything on me?”

“No, she isn’t denying her part in the incident. Just saying you were her accomplice.”

“Ms. Stanton she’s lying. I told you what happened.”

“I know August, but the board isn’t buying that story.”

“What do you mean they’re not buying the story. It’s not a story, its the truth.”

“Do you have any witnesses? Any patients there? Staff?”

“Nah I was the only one there when it happened. Her nurse came in afterward though.”

“But she didn’t witness it?”

“Nah.” I shook my head. “What is the board saying?”

“They want you expelled.”

“Expelled?” I felt my breathing getting heavy.

“Calm down Mr. Alsina.”

“How am I supposed to calm down? This is my life Ms. Stanton. Being a dentist is all I got. I got a daughter man. I can’t afford this right now.”

“You will get a chance to plead your case at the pre-expulsion hearing.”

“This is some b.s. man.” I sat down and palmed my face.

“The Dental Board will have their attorney present on their behalf. I suggest you get an Attorney as well.”

“When is this so called hearing?”

“Wednesday?”

“In two days!?” I could feel my eyes bulging out of my sockets with surprise.

“That’s the time they set. If the Disciplinarian Board of the school finds out you have violated the professional code of dental ethics, you will be dismissed from the university and will not be allowed to enter dental school or practice dentistry in any state.”

“Ever?”

“I’m afraid so.”

All I could do was put my head in my hands, that rested on my thighs.

“I’m sorry you have to go through this Mr. Alsina but it’s her word against yours. And because she’s more respected in the dental community, they’re taking her at her word.”

 “You don’t believe me do you?”

“It’s not about what I believe Mr. Alsina. It’s about what the board believes.”

“The Board. Right.” I shook my head.

“Go enjoy your birthday and worry about this tomorrow. Again, I’m sorry.”

I just got my book bag and left. I found a bench outside on campus and just tried to let my mind catch up with my body. Here I was trying to help somebody and they lied on me. And it was no way, the board was going to believe me.

I contemplated calling Amb, but I just refused. I was always calling her with my problems and although she said it was cool, I knew deep down it wasn’t.

I went through my recent calls. Trav wasn’t talking to me still. Stac was so happy with Trav I didn’t want to mess that up, on top of that they were watching Munch tonight. I contemplated calling mama and Dr. Edwards but they were both so proud of me and I didn’t want them to be disappointed.

I didn’t know another lawyer besides Amb. And even if Amb was going to try to defend me, she couldn’t because she wasn’t licensed in Philly. Think August. I could go through the list of lawyers in the phonebook, but I didn’t know any of them, and didn’t want to just hire anybody.  On top of that, the rates would probably be through the roof on such short notice. Think August. I held my head in my hand. My phone began to vibrate. It was the girls face-timing me.

“Uncle Aug!” They all screamed. “Happy Birthday!” Noonie was in the back doing the running man and singing “Happy Birthday to ya.”

“We miss you.” Chay pouted.

“I miss y’all too.”

“Ever since you had Sata you don’t talk to us no more. You don’t love us anymore uncle Aug?” Kay asked innocently.

“Of course I do Kay. It’s just, we been busy getting moved in and stuff. Y’all still my angels.”

“We sent you your gift did you get it?” Chay hit Kay to be quiet.

“It’s a surprise stupid.” Noon gave Kay a look.

“Nah, Auntie Amb will probably give it to me later.” I chuckled.

“How’s school?” Chay asked. “I been telling all my friends you about to be a big famous dentist.”

“Uh…it’s alright.” I tried to muster a smile.

“I want to be a dentist like you Uncle Aug.” Kay smiled brightly.

“You just said that, cause I said that.” Noonie twirled her neck with an attitude. “No Uncle Aug, I’mma be the dentist.”

“Both of y’all can be dentist. We’ll just have a fam full of dentist.”

“I’mma be better than Kay tho.” Noonie danced.

“Noon you always dancing.” I laughed.

“I’mma be a dentist and a dancer.”

I laughed and shook my head.

“Unc gotta go y’all. I call you later when I get my gift.”

“Okay.” They said in unison and blew kisses.

I heard Cha say let me speak to him.

“What you in a hurry for?” She looked at me suspiciously. “Trying to get home to Amb?”

“You already know.”

“Well y’all love birds have fun. Don’t hurt my girl please. Happy Birthday. Love you.”

“Love you too.”

We hung up.

I went to my car and saw a piece of paper that had a red ribbon on it, under my windshield wiper.

I opened it and it read : I love you because you’re the father of my child. Check the trunk.

I took the note and went to my trunk. It was a gift bag in there. I opened it and it was two-shirts. One little enough for Sata and one for me. Mine said : I make adorable babies. Sata’s said: The adorable baby he made.

I laughed, we were moving into Trav and Stac territory with corny. But it was cute and one day me and my Sata had to rock these.

I saw another piece of paper tied with a red ribbon at the bottom of the bag I picked it up.

It read: I love you for being Mel’s Keeper. Check your back seat.

I opened up my car and in my back seat was another gift bag. I opened it and it was a picture frame with three slots. It had a picture of Kay, Chay and Noonie and a card that read : We love you Uncle Aug. Here’s a pic of us for your new apartment so you won’t forget what we look like. Happy Birthday!  Then each of them signed their name.

At the bottom of the bag I saw another piece of paper with a red ribbon. It read: I love you because nobody can love me like you can. Check your CD player and go to Petrinos.

I turned on my CD player – Fantasia’s – Collard Greens and Cornbread filled my car.

I drove off and headed to Petrino’s which was an upscale seafood restaurant. I parked my car and walked in.

“Hi may I help you?” The hostess asked at the door with a bright smile.

“Umm is there a reservation for Alsina? Or  maybe its under August?”

“Let me check.” She looked down the list. “Yes there is. Follow me.”

I followed her to the back of the restaurant to a small quaint corner.

“Your server will be right with you.” She handed me a menu then walked away.

I looked around to see if I saw Amb, I didn’t. I looked through the menu, then I felt a pair of hands over my eyes.

“By how crusty the hands are, I’m guessing it’s you.”

She slightly tapped my head and I smirked. I turned around to see her and I couldn’t help but bite bottom lip that she’s was mine.

I held her hand and twirled her around to get a full view. She turned around bashfully. I grabbed her waist and brought her close to me.

“You know I’m fucking you up tonight?” I peered down at her, looking into her almond brown eyes. And letting my gaze fall to the top of my babies that were showing.

“Is that right?” She looked at my lips then my eyes.

“Believe it.” I pressed my lips against hers and ignored the fact that we were in a restaurant full of people. I let my tongue roam her mouth and our heads bobbed back and forth with the motion. We broke the kiss just to stare at each other for a minute with looks of seduction. She wanted me and she already knew I wanted her. If I had absolutely no class, I would take her in the bathroom of this restaurant.

Someone cleared their throat.

“Sorry.” Amb pulled away, seeing the server at the table.

“It’s no problem.” She smiled. “I love seeing couples in love.”

I went over to Amb’s seat and pulled it out for her, making sure I copped a feel on that Georgia Peach before she sat down.

Then I sat back in my chair.

“Are you guys ready to order?”

Amb looked at me.

“Can you give us a minute?” I looked at the server.

“Sure. Can I start you off with anything to drink?”

“It’s his birthday so give us a bottle of the Domaine Serene Pinot Noir.”

“Oh happy birthday, coming right up.”

I nodded my head at the waitress and she left.

I put my elbows on the table with my arms upright and looked across the table at Amb, who was looking at the menu.

“Stop staring at me August.” She said annoyed looking through the menu.

“Come over here and sit on my lap.”

“I am not about to sit in your lap in this restaurant.” She looked around, then back at the menu.

“Well scoot your chair next to mine.”

“That’s not how the table is set up.”

“So it’s my birthday and I want you sitting next to me.”

She sighed and got up and moved her chair, closer to mine. I scooted it even closer and wrapped my arms around her and planted kisses on her neck.

“You smell good. What you got on?”

“It’s for me to know and you  not to find out.” She said looking through the menu as I practically sucked on her neck in this restaurant, with my arm behind her on the chair.

“Do you know what you eating?” She turned her head to look at me.

“You.” I pecked her lips.

“For actual food babe?”

“You are my food.” I ran my hands through her hair.

“Now if I order something for you, don’t get mad.” She smirked.

“I’m not.” I kissed her cheek. “You look gorgeous baby.” I slyly ran my hand that was around her, over her breast.

“August you are soooo horny. Calm down.” She laughed.

“I can’t when you looking like this.” I unwrapped my hand from around her and moved it to her ass.

“You got panties on under here?” I looked took a handful of her ass in my hand.

“You wanna see?” She said seductively, and ran her finger across my lips. I softly bit it.  

“Hell yeah.” I rubbed my hands together.

“You are so thirsty.” She laughed. “But no.” She pecked my lips.

The server brought our wine and poured us both a glass.

“Are you ready to order?”

“Yes, can I have the Salmon stuffed with crab, with the side of garlic potatoes.” Amb ordered.

The server wrote it down.

“What ever my baby got, that’s what I want.”

“Okay. I’ll be back with your food.” She took the menus and walked away.

“What you got planned after this?” I brought her into my chest, to lay on me.

“I got us a hotel room. I was going to fix you a bath, then you know. Whatever happens from there, happens.” She smirked.

“We ain’t even got to do the bath, we can get straight to the whatever happens, happens.” I tried to reach under her dress.

She hit my hand. “You need to be gentle August. I don’t want you just hopping on me.”

“I’m always gentle.” I kissed her forehead.

“How was school?” She looked up at me.

“Uh…it was school. Same ol same.”

“Oh babe, I’m so proud of you.” She laid her head on my chest . “I can’t wait till you graduate. I gotta do something big this time around.” She played with my fingers.

“Uh…can we not talk about school tonight. I want the focus to be on us.”

“Of course.”

Thank God she agreed, I really didn’t want to think of the hell that was coming my way Wednesday. I didn’t know what I was going to do, but I was praying a miracle happened at that hearing.

Me and Amb had small talk for a minute then the waitress brought our food. We ate, then Amb handed me another note.

“You and these notes.” I smirked and shook my head.

I opened it and it read it out loud : When you really matter to someone, that person will always make time for you. No excuses, no lies and no broken promises. You have always since the day we met did that for me. And no time spent with you, even the rough times, was a waste. Look in the chair next to you.

I looked in the chair next to me and saw Amb had set another gift bag down. I looked in it and pulled out a box. As soon as I saw the emblem I put it back in the bag.

“You didn’t look at it baby.” She picked it up and handed it to me.

“I don’t need that.”

“I’m not taking it back so you might as well wear it.”

“Amb that’s a Rollie. I don’t deserve that.” I picked up my glass of wine and took a sip.

“Yes you do.” She took it out and put it on my arm. “You gon be a dentist baby. You should look like one.”

I took a deep breath and looked at it. It’s every young nigxa’s dream to have Rollie. And my woman bought me one. But I felt so guilty accepting it. How am I going to accept a Rolex, and I might not even be in school after Wednesday?

“And you better not take it off.” She pecked my lips. “You ready to go?”

“Yeah.”

We got up and left out. Tonight I was only focusing on Amb, the rest of that stuff would have to wait until tomorrow. Damn, I am not ready at all.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

283K 6.7K 37
See what happens when her ex from her past august comes and try to come back into her life after breaking her heart leaving permanent damage.
9.5K 706 47
August Alsina 2023 ღ
1.5K 41 27
Bryson Tiller hurt her, August Alsina healed her. Who will she end up with in the end? Read to find out. Haven't edit anything yet.
280K 11.3K 116
August is an up coming R&B artist from New Orleans trying to make it. He move to Atlanta and meets a wealthy business owner named Ryan. Ryan believe...