skinny love | barry allen

By concupiscentz

(n.) when two people love each other, but are too shy to admit it, yet they show it anyway. More

intro
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67

11

8.2K 212 135
By concupiscentz

"Oh, Barry, there's an intersection coming up-" Caitlin spoke through the comms, monitoring from behind the console with Cisco and I, watching the screen.

Cisco types on his keyboard, "This should slow 'em down."

"Guys, which way?" Barry asks, skidding to a stop, the beeping light him coming to a stop.

Cisco speaks up, "Left."

"Right." I said in unison with him.

Cisco and I looked at each other, exchanging looks.

Cisco corrects himself, "Right."

"Left." I said again in unison with him.

"Stop!" Barry's voice came through the comms, "You both hear you're telling me two different things, right?"

I trail off, "Well- I'm aware of that-"

"Barry, listen up." Dr. Wells wheels in and behind  the console, looking at the screen, "Listen carefully. Here is what you're going to do."

"Now, the Queen is trying to make it to the bridge, but I have a shortcut, wait for it, and-" Dr. Wells instructed, "Left- left- right-"

Barry replies, "I see her!"

"Make her go west before Fremont." Dr. Wells" instructions continued.

Barry inhales sharply, "Okay, how?"

"I'd recommend a detour." Dr. Wells smoothly said, "Now, the King is headed for the entrance to the interstate."

Barry chuckles, as I watched the three dots come together, "What entrance?"

"Atta boy." Dr. Wells softly smiled, "Check-"

"Got the keys!" Barry proudly calls out, running off the scene as the bikers were surrounded by cops, showing us Barry won.

Dr. Wells' smile widened, "Mate."

Barry runs into the cortex, his mask off, as he held a smile on his face, Cisco getting up and instantly giving him a high five, "Give me some!"

Dr. Wells wheeled around the console, "Efficiently done, Mr. Allen."

"We need a picture!" Cisco ran off, grabbing his phone.

Barry laughs, looking at Cisco, "Pretty sure rule number one of having a secret identity is not taking pictures of yourself in your super suit without a mask on."

"Oh, come on, please!" Cisco childishly pleads, "This is just for us- this is to document all this."

I shrug, standing up straight from leaning against the desk, "I can take the photo."

"Who knows?" Dr. Wells was in, "Maybe people in the future will want to know how all this happened."

"All right, well, if you want the future to have the whole story, then, we all need to be in it." Barry was shooting me playful looks, making me shake my head instantly.

"No way-" I denied, "If I knew we were going to end up taking a photo today, I would've done my hair and worn something besides a hoodie!"

"You're in the picture, Zee." Barry grabs my wrist, pulling me over by Dr. Wells, his eyes scanning my natural waves and my slightly oversized hoodie, "You look fine."

Caitlin speaks up, "First, let me put on some makeup?"

"The future does not care about your makeup." Cisco shook his head, walking by Dr. Wells and I, Caitlin reluctantly joining us, Barry taking the phone from Cisco.

"Okay- big smiles!" Barry stood behind the console holding the phone up, "Three- two- one-"

Right before he snapped the picture, I began to slip away from the group so I didn't get my photo taken.

But, Barry used his speed, wrapping his arms around me and grabbing me before I could move anyway anymore, the smile on my lips for the photo remaining within the second, my eyes falling onto him, my head tilted up to look at him as he was smiling at the camera.

Before I could react, the photo was taken, Barry running back and grabbing the photo, "Yes!"

Caitlin looks between us, "Does that count as a selfie?"

"Absolutely." Barry laughs, giving Cisco back his phone as I peaked over his shoulder to look at the photo.

Somehow I couldn't help but smile looking at it.

"Sick." Cisco cheered, walking away with Caitlin, leaving me with Barry and Dr. Wells.

"Hey-" Barry looked at Dr. Wells, "Thanks for talking me through things out there."

"My pleasure, well done." Dr. Wells smiles, "I have to say it was a bit of a rush feeling like a-

"A hero?" I guessed.

Dr. Wells looked at me, the smile remaining on his lips, "Yeah."

Barry's lips turned up, as he turned, beginning to walk away, "You're pretty good at it."

"Barry!" I run after him and jumped into his back, "You think you can give me a lift to Casa del West?"

Barry caught my legs, "You're sleeping over again?"

"It beats being alone and ordering in when I could eat with you and Joe instead." I shrug lightly, my arms around his shoulders, "It's a win win for me."

"Alright- hold tight-" Barry simply said, as tighten my grip on him, him speeding off and in the blink on an eye, we were outside of the West Household.

I slip off his back, stumbling over my own feet, completely dizzy.

"Wow-" Barry caught my arms before I fell, "Focus on me-"

I blink a few times, staring at him, everything coming into focus, "Okay- yeah, I'm good now-"

"You sure?" Barry slowly lets go of me as I nodded.

I noticed his outfit change, "How did you do that? When- did you do that?"

Barry winks at me, walking up the steps, walking inside as I followed him in, Iris walking down the steps, "You do realize the whole point of moving out is not being at home anymore, right?"

"Ha-ha-ha." Iris fake laughed, "I forgot a few things."

"So- how is it living back at the house you two?" Iris holds the box and looks between Barry and I.

"I don't live here, Iris." I slip off my jacket.

"You've slept here so many times since I left you practically live here now." Iris jokes, as Joe walks in holding a dish.

"Hey, Bar." Joe greets, "Sweetheart-"

"Hey, Joe-" I waved at him.

Barry greets in unison with me, "Yo."

"Babe- spaghetti a la me." Joe looked at Iris, "You sure you don't want to stay for dinner?"

"Thanks, but- Eddie is painting all day and I swore that I would help." Iris politely declined as Joe set the dish on the dinner table, "Although, I'm really just going to do that thing where I get a little paint on my hair and on my nose."

"Oh, hey, someone from Central City Picture News called you the other day, I left the number on the fridge." Joe told her and Iris' eyes instantly went wide.

"What?" Iris almost gasped, "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Chill!" Joe puts his hands up in surrender, "Just did."

Iris runs out of the dining room as Joe leans in to whisper to Barry and I, "Hey, I heard that some members of the Royal Flush Gang are headed to prison."

Before either of us could reply, Iris screams.

Joe looks up, "Is that a good scream or a bad scream?"

"Good! So good!" Iris ran in, "Zee- I got the job!"

I spun to face her, "You got the job?"

"I got the job!" Iris squealed and jumped into my arms, as I laughed softly and hugged her tightly.

Joe looks between us, "What job?"

Iris pulled away from me, "I applied for a job as a reporter as Central City Picture News- and I got the job!"

"Courtesy of me." I pretend to look at my nails, "I may or may not have put in a few good words to my boss."

"Oh my God!" Iris practically pounced onto me again, "I love you!"

Joe smiles, "Congratulations, babe-"

"That's awesome!" Barry cheered, clapping his hands together.

"Oh- guys-" I began tipping over, falling backwards with Iris on top of me, "She's gonna kill me!"

-

I walked up the steps onto Dr. Wells' porch the next day, with Barry and Joe, looking around.

I ran a hand through my straight hair, dressed in a boyfriend of medium wash mom jeans, a cropped gray sweater and black boots on my feet.

I had on a leather jacket to keep the small breeze away, as my hand played with the necklace Barry gave me that hint around my neck.

The doors open and revealed Dr. Wells, what inside of the home even more stunning, "Come in."

"Holy crap." I whispered to Barry, as all stepped in, looking around in astonishment.

Barry nods, looking around as well, "I know-"

"Look, Joe, I apologize for all of this." Dr. Wells turned and wheeled away to the scene of the crime where there was shattered glass everywhere, "It just it really feels like a case of so much for so little."

"The police should not have been called." Dr. Wells went in depth as we followed him, stopping where he did, "I got a prank call before all this happened."

"These are the type of prank calls you get?" I asked, looking up at the ceiling that was completely gone and letting in the cool breeze.

Joe observes our surroundings, "This feels like more than just a prank, Doctor."

Dr. Wells shrugs lightly, "Well, there are those who feel I did not suffer enough for the particle accelerator explosion of last year, and some of them act on it."

"Dr. Wells." Caitlin walks over to us, Cisco on her tail, "Dr. Wells, are you okay?"

"Dr. Snow, I'm- I'm fine." Dr. Wells nods, "A little chilly. Otherwise, I'm fine."

"Hello, Cisco." Dr. Wells greets, then grabs his phone, wheeling away from us, "Make yourselves at home as best you can. I'm gonna make a hotel reservation."

"Oh-" Cisco looked around, leaning into us and whispering, "This place is so sick."

I softly scoff, just as stunned as he expressed, "Yeah- no kidding."

"Yeah- hey, what took you guys so long?" Barry asked, looking at Cisco and Caitlin.

Cisco trails off, "We got lost."

"We've never been here before." Caitlin admits.

"What?" I looked at them with my eyebrows furrowed, Cisco nodding in confirmation.

"Really?" Barry was just as thrown off as I felt, "Never?"

Caitlin inhales sharply, "He tends to keep his private life private."

Barry nods, crossing over the glass, Joe walking over to Eddie, Caitlin and Cisco wandering off and looking around the home they've never been to.

Barry looks around to see if anyone was looking as he puts on his covers, setting down his bag before using his speed to quickly put back all the pieces of shattered glass together.

"I can't tell if I love or hate watching you do that." I blink a few times, earning a small smile from Barry as Dr. Wells wheels over to us.

Barry looks up at him, then looks back at the glass, "There's no point of impact."

"No rock or bat or any solid object went through these windows." Barry continued, "It's as if they just shattered themselves."

"If there wasn't any impact-" I stared at the glass, crouching down as well, "Maybe it's sound?"

Dr. Wells was silent when I suggested that it was sound, Barry nodding towards me, "Yeah- yeah- that could be it-"

"This wasn't some teenage prank?" I looked at Dr. Wells, "Someone was trying to hurt you."

"No, it wasn't." Dr. Wells confessed.

"But- you don't want our help." Barry's eyebrows furrow at this, "Why?"

"Because I already know who did this." Dr. Wells inhales sharply, "Hartley Rathaway."

Barry and I ask in unison, "Who is Hartley Rathaway?"

"Hartley Rathaway is the prodigal son." Dr. Wells looks away in thought, "And he has returned."

-

Dr. Wells displayed a picture of Hartley on the screen, "Hartley Rathaway possesses one of the finest scientific minds I've ever encountered."

Joe looks at the screen, "Any ties to Rathaway Industries?"

"His grandfather founded the company, his father expanded it, and Hartley here was set to inherit the throne." Dr. Wells explained to him.

Barry speaks up, "What happened?"

"He came out to his parents- old money, old values." Dr. Wells replied, "They were estranged when we met, but, brilliant. I couldn't have built the particle accelerator without him."

"But-" I spoke, "You guys have never even mentioned his name."

Caitlin trails off, "That's because Hartley had a challenging personality."

"What she means is he was mostly a jerk." Cisco put into better words, "But, every once in a while, he could be a dick."

I cover my mouth, muffling my laugh into it,
Joe chuckling at his words.

Dr. Wells looks between us, "Let's just say that Hartley, like many outliers, had trouble relating to his peers."

"Yes, but he was always your favorite." Caitlin crosses her arms.

"The chosen one." Cisco adds in, "He referred to himself like that."

Joe looked down at Dr. Wells, "So if you two were so close, why would he target you?"

"Hartley left Star Labs about a year ago after we had a a disagreement." Dr. Wells simply said.

I cross my arms, "About what?"

"Look, don't worry-" Barry speaks when Dr. Wells doesn't, "We'll stop him. I won't let him hurt you, any of you."

Barry nods at Joe, "Let's get back to my lab, all right?"

When they walk away, Cisco stares at Hartley's photo, "I could've gone my whole life without seeing that jerk again."

-

It had already been a long day. I was nannying Iris through the day at Central City Picture News, all repetitively taking crap from someone I looked up to. Mason Bridge.

Turns out he was just a dick.

And on top of that, I had been right about how Hartley used sound to break the glass. We had caught Hartley Rathaway, know had claimed to know Dr. Wells secret, setting us all at unease.

"Being scooped up by a guy clad in head-to-toe leather is a long-time fantasy of mine, so thanks." Hartley remarks as Barry pulls him inside in cuffs.

"Well, well, well, the gang's all here." Hartley looks from Cisco and Caitlin to me, "But- someone new."

He looks at Cisco, "You've lasted a lot longer than I would've thought, Cisco."

Cisco doesn't react, "And you didn't last ten seconds against The Flash."

"I was thinking of calling myself Pied Piper." Harley softly shrugged.

"Hey! I assign the nicknames around here." Cisco shot back at him, "Although that one's not bad."

"Caitlin." Harley smiled at her in spite, "Never did get that wedding invite."

"Shut the hell up!" Barry pushes him forward, Hartley earning a glare from all of us.

"Stay in front of me-" Cisco forced Hartley in front of him, leading him down to the pipeline.

Caitlin, Cisco and Dr. Wells went downstairs to the pipeline as Barry and I walked into the cortex, Barry changing out of his suit.

When Caitlin and Cisco return, all our attention was on the screen that was monitoring Hartley, as Dr. Wells and Hartley shared responses in a different language.

Barry stares at the screen from next to me, "God, I wish I'd taken a language in high school."

"Me too." I huff, not understanding what they were saying either.

"How did you know we were working with The Flash?" Dr. Wells finally spoke English and came closer to Hartley's cell."

"I wrote a hexagonal algorithm tracking all of his sightings, extrapolating a theoretical exit trajectory." Hartley leaned against the wall, "In other words, every time he ran from the scene of a crime, he ran in this general direction."

"You are brilliant." Dr. Wells credited him for this, "And any anguish you have been through because of me was never my intent."

"Not bad as far as heartfelt apologies go- except, that wasn't for my benefit." Hartley started at him with hatred, then looked up at the camera, "That was for you, Flash. Feels good to have the great Harrison Wells behind you, doesn't it?"

"But one day, this man will turn on you. In a flash-" Hartley used the pun in his advantage, "And even you won't see it coming. I only hope that he leaves you in better shape than he left me."

"If you're lucky, you'll only be dead." He continued, "Because every day I have to live with the agonizing, piercing screaming in my ears."

Dr. Wells doesn't reply, turning and wheeling away when Hartley's voice stops him, "I almost forgot I told your pet I know your deep, dark secret, Harrison. Have fun letting him in on that one."

When he left Hartley alone, we all stumble to look as if we weren't listening.

Barry sat on the chair across the room, I flinging myself onto the ground in front of him, my back leaning against his legs as I pretended to look at my necklace, Barry looking over my shoulder, pretending to be interested in my necklace.

Caitlin pretends to be fascinated with her nails, as Cisco pretends to be typing on a keyboard.

"I assume you were all listening." Dr. Wells instantly said when he wheeled in, making us all quit our acts, "Well, Hartley was telling the truth."

"I have not been honest with you- with any of you." Dr. Wells confessed and his truth made us all freeze, "The accelerator Hartley warned me that there was indeed a chance that the accelerator could explode."

"His data did not show 100% certainty, just that there was a risk, but it was a real risk." Dr. Wells continued and went in depth of his explanation, "And yet I made the decision that the reward that everything we could learn and everything we could achieve, that all of that simply outweighed that risk."

He sighed, looking down, "I'm sorry."

Caitlin stares at him, hurt crossing her features, "The next time you choose to put our lives, and the lives of the people that we love, at risk, I expect a heads up."

Caitlin walks away and slowly, seconds later, Cisco does as well.

I slowly got up, looking between Barry and Dr. Wells, not knowing what to say to break the silence.

"After the explosion, when everyone else left you Caitlin and Cisco stood by you." I quietly said, looking at him as Barry stood up, "You owe them more than an apology now. Especially considering what they've lost because of that mistake."

Dr. Wells sighed, "They might soon get more than that what with Hartley so intent on sending me to the next world."

"What are you-" Barry scoffed, "That wouldn't make it right with them."

"You broke their trust." Barry said, "Our trust."

Barry jerks his head, gesturing for me to come along as he grabs his jacket, I following him.

-

I walked into Jitters after leaving work, noticing Barry sitting alone, staring at the cup of coffee resting in front of him.

I sat in front of him, placing my bag on another seat, him looking up, noticing the tears streaming down my cheeks, concerning crossing his features, "Wow- wow- what's wrong?"

I place my head in my hands, "God- I don't even know why I'm crying- but the tears- just won't stop-"

"What happened?" Barry moves his coffee next to me, slipping out of his chair, picking up my bag and putting it on the table, sitting in it's place, putting a hand on my back, "Was it something at work?"

"You're the only reason I have a job anymore." I wiped my cheek with my sleeve, "My boss thinks I have some sort of connection to The Flash- because of my blog- and I mean, I do."

"And I mean- I'm completely fine with writing about you at my job and my blog but- Mason Bridge, god-" I sniffle, "I got teamed up with him- someone I've admired ever since I started working at CCPN. You know- before he told me I was a worthless, talentless millennial that would never make it far in my job and there was no use in trying make myself known because interviewees go for the more known reporters- ones that win awards and are legends."

Barry wraps an arm around me and pulls me into his side, rubbing my arm, a sigh leaving his lips, "Well, the people we admire aren't always who we'd like them to be."

I knew he was talking about Dr. Wells.

I sigh, hugging his middle, "I'm screwed."

"No, look if this Mason guy doesn't see what a amazing, talented, hardworking journalist you are, then he's probably a lousy writer." Barry wipes away from tears, looking down at me.

"Barry." I stared at him, a small smile forming on my lips at his world, "He won the Pulitzer- twice."

"Oh." Barry's lips form in a 'o' shape, "Good for him-"

I softly laughed, my cheek pressing against his chest, "Thanks for believing in me."

Barry rubs my arm in comfort, "I always will."

"I can't believe I'm about to say this- but," I sat up and looked up at him, "I want a hot coffee."

"You want a hot coffee?" Barry's eyes went slightly wide, holding a laugh back.

I nod, pursing my lips to hold back a small smile, "I want a hot coffee."

"Oh man- this must be really serious." Barry pushes his mug over to me, "Take mine."

I softly smiled at him, picking up the mug, slowly sipping the hot liquid as it filled my mouth, but unusually didn't burn my tongue like it always did.

Barry answers him phone with a sigh, "Hey, what's up?"

"Listen to me, Hartley escaped." Dr. Wells' voice came through the line as I looked at Barry with slight wide eyes, "He's loose in the facility."

I nod at him, "Go-"

"Okay-" Barry was gone in an instant.

-

Cisco's eyes slowly opens, as Barry and I hovered over him, a small smile on his face when he saw us.

Barry breaks out into a small smile as well, "Welcome back, Mr. Ramon."

Cisco held his head, groaning, "Oh, man."

He then sat up in suddenly thought, "Caitlin?"

"Hey- wow, take it easy." I stop him, "She's fine."

Caitlin walks over, placing a hand on his shoulder, "You need to rest- you have a concussion, you're lucky."

Cisco looks between us, "Please tell me you got him."

Barry shook his head, "I guess the attack on his family's company was a fake out- so we'd catch him."

"And give him direct access to Star Labs." Caitlin sighed, running a hand through her hair.

"But- why?" I said the question we were all thinking.

"I should've known he was up to something." Cisco took the blame, "This is my fault."

"Hey, man-" Barry pat his back, "This is on me, too. I shouldn't have left before-"

"This is no one's fault but mine." Dr. Wells wheeled in, cutting everyone off.

I looked between everyone, "Are we all really playing the blame game right now?"

"I earned the blame I'm not interested in sharing it." Dr. Wells dismissed it, "Hartley doesn't think I've paid for my crimes, and he's right. He won't stop until I do."

Dr. Wells turned and began wheeling away when Barry's voice stops him, "Where are you going?"

"To earn back your trust." He said, before leaving us.

-

I walked into CCPD, holding my notepad in my hand, Mason Bridge standing next to me when I came to a stop.

I looked around, my eyes falling on Barry who stood on the side, his eyes asking me if this was Mason.

I simply nodded, as Dr. Wells wheeled over to the microphone, "Thank you for coming on such short notice."

"And for those of you that read the ten-volume report issued by the Norris Commission, well, I commend you on your tenacity." Dr. Wells began, "You already know, then, the circumstances that led to the explosion of the Star Labs particle accelerator."

"Or rather, you think you do." He continued, "Now, the Commission's finding was that the catastrophe was caused by a chain of events that nobody could have predicted, including myself."

"The truth is I was warned there was a chance the particle accelerator might fail." Dr. Wells confessed to everyone, "I was warned by a former colleague- a friend. I chose to ignore the warning and in so doing, I let down all of you."

"As a new friend pointed out I failed this city." Dr. Wells looks down for a moment, "I failed this city and I failed those who trusted me the most."

"By coming forward today it's my hope I'm taking the first step toward regaining that trust." He came to a finish, "And your trust as well."

He looked around, "Are there any questions?"

Mason Bridge stood out from everyone else blurting out their questions, "Have you used Star Labs at all in any way since the explosion that you caused?"

I looked down at my feet, realizing that Mason was right. The ones who were most known always gained the spotlight.

Dr. Wells' voice catches me off guard, as he ignored Mason's question, "Miss Young, do you have a question for me?"

My head snapped up, my eyes widening with excitement as I quickly recovered.

All eyes were now on me, and Barry was giving me a thumbs up from where I stood.

I took a step forward, "I would repeat my colleagues question due to the lack of response, but I have a question of my own. Do you have any intention of rebuilding the particle accelerator, either now or in the future?"

Dr. Wells softly smiled at how well I took this chance, "Of course not."

"Thank you for your answer, Doctor." I nodded lightly, trying not to burst into a smile.

"It's my pleasure." Dr. Wells returned the gesture, before dismissing, "No further questions."

"Hey." Mason looked at me in suspicion, "What was that?"

I walked away in triumph, "Gumption."

-

"Thank you so much, Dr. Wells!" I was filled with happiness when I ran into the cortex where everyone stood, "Did you see the look on Mason's face when you ignored him and asked me if I had a question? God, he was humiliated!"

"You're welcome, Zee." Dr. Wells smiled at me.

"You did great, really." Barry gave me a side hug, also smiling, as I realized there was a more serious matter at our hands.

"Okay, I can be excited later, three, two, one-" I calmed myself down, looking between them all.

Dr. Wells nods, "Has Hartley made contact yet?"

Caitlin looks at him, "What makes you so sure he will?"

"Because he's Hartley, and he'll want to have the last word." Dr. Wells sighs as Cisco walks by us with his tablet.

Barry looks up, "Cisco, you should be resting."

"The answer to why Hartley fooled us into catching him is in here, and I'm gonna find it." Cisco said firmly, before walking away and into the Med Lab, sitting alone.

Dr. Wells followed him, as Caitlin began working on something, Barry and I sitting down.

"You have nothing to prove." Dr. Wells told Cisco.

Cisco shortly replied, "Not true."

"Do you know why I hired you, Cisco?" Dr. Wells asked him.

"You said you saw something in me, I know." Cisco sighed, as if he was repeating his words.

"What I saw was humanity." Dr. Wells said, "You and Hartley, Cisco, you're both brilliant. You both have mental sparks."

"But his brilliance subtracted from the experience of working here, whereas your brilliance, your heart, your warmth, your humor, it just adds to it." Dr. Wells words make Barry and I smile, "There is no chosen one, Cisco. No second or third favorite- never was. It's just us."

I lean over to whisper in Barry's ear, "I'm really starting to see why you love him so much."

Before Barry could reply, a spark makes us all jump in our seats, Caitlin looking around, "What's that?"

"Nice gambit, Harrison." Hartley's voice came through the comms, "But- this isn't over."

"Hartley, what do you want- what do you want, Hartley?" Dr. Wells yelled at the ceiling as he came back into the cortex, Cisco following him, "I already gave my mea culpa today."

"The city already hated you." Hartley said, "You don't think I noticed that press conference was a pathetic bishop sacrifice?"

"No, no, no." He continued, "I've played with you too many times to let you get away with that. This is between you, me, and The Flash."

Dr. Wells exhales deeply, "You don't want to play for those kind of stakes with me, Hartley."

"Actually, I really do." Hartley replies, "What do you say? One last game of chess?"

Dr. Wells speaks again, "You and I both know that the winner of the game is the one who makes the next-to-last mistake, and you clearly have a move in mind."

"You're right- and I'm already at the board." Hartley speaks before his voice cut out after the sound of loud crashing, "So, why don't you move your precious scarlet knight, while I take out a few pawns."

-

Barry walks over to us in his suit, "All right, Cisco, where do I go?"

"I can't trace the signal." Cisco types on his keyboard, "He could be sending his message- from anywhere.

"Cisco, scan for seismic activity." Dr. Wells instructs, "If Hartley's using sonic blast, the vibrations could cause tremors."

"Look- over here." Cisco pulled up the locations and results, "Quake activity but no fault line."

"The Keystone Cleveland Dam." Caitlin stared at the screen.

Barry began walking away, Dr. Wells stopping him, "Barry, don't underestimate him. He's brilliant."

"Well, good thing I'll have you in here." Barry shot him a smile, touching the comm before running off.

"Barry, you need to disarm Hartley immediately." Dr. Wells instructed when Barry was on the scene, "Immediately!"

"Do you hear me? He is a master of distraction." Dr. Wells continued, "He is a master of hiding his true endgame."

"Ah-ha!" Cisco looked at the screen, his expression changing, "Uh-oh."

Dr. Wells looked at him, "Ah-ha what?"

"Uh-oh what?" I asked in unison with him.

Cisco looks at us, "I figured out what Hartley stole from Star Labs, and why he let himself get caught."

"Which brings us to the uh-oh." Caitlin nods for him to go on.

"He has all the data on Barry's molecular scans." Cisco exhales deeply.

I cross my arms, "Why would he want that?"

"He can get Barry's frequency." Dr. Wells realized, "Barry, you need to get out of there! You need to get out of there immediately!"

"It's over!" Barry's voice came through the comms, "You lose!"

"Amazing." Hartley's voice followed, "He replaced me with you?"

"Total moron." He scoffed, "I got you with the same trick twice."

Then, Barry's pain filled groans and grunts sounded the line, along with a thud, making me gasp.

"I got the idea watching you and Harrison chit-chat to use your suit's own speakers to kill you." Hartley remarks, "That feeling? That's your organs shearing apart. And you activated the frequency when you disarmed me."

"In chess, we call that a discovered attack." Hartley almost laughs, "You don't see it until it's too late. Right, Harrison?"

Barry groans louder, as my hand flew to my mouth, "Oh my God, Barry-"

"Barry's vitals are bottoming out." Caitlin looked at us all, "We need to do something!"

"What are you doing?" Cisco asks when Dr. Wells came behind the console and in front of a screen.

"Barry's on the travel road of the dam, at rush hour, surrounded by cars." Dr. Wells types away, "Many of those cars are going to have satellite radio. Satellite sends a signal to the car, song comes out the speaker-"

"Yes! I know how satellite radio works!" Caitlin bursts, "How does that help?"

"Well, I'm gonna have the satellite send something other than a song." Dr. Wells finishes what he meant to do, "Hartley is about to hear something he was not expecting a sound wave that will meet the frequency of and destroy his weapons."

"You don't seem so special anymore." Hartley was speaking to Barry, "Given how easy it was to bring you down, I wonder if Harrison will even miss you."

Then, Hartley's scream filled the comms along with a groan, as Dr. Wells ran a hand through his hair, "Checkmate."

"Barry, can you hear me?" I asked.

"Sort of!" He replied, his voice loud, as he breathed heavily.

We had won.

authors note:

hi, they're goals and they're not even dating

ahhh, I updated six books this week, I am shook, I work so hard smh

vote and comment loadsss

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.1K 642 18
ΙͺΙ΄ ᴑʜΙͺα΄„Κœ ʙᴀʀʀʏ α΄€ΚŸΚŸα΄‡Ι΄ κœ°α΄€ΚŸΚŸκœ± ΙͺΙ΄ ΚŸα΄α΄ α΄‡ α΄‘Ιͺα΄›Κœ α΄›Κœα΄‡ ᴇᴍᴏᴛΙͺα΄Ι΄ΚŸα΄‡κœ±κœ± α΄˜κœ±Κα΄„Κœα΄α΄˜α΄€α΄›Κœ α΄…α΄€α΄œΙ’Κœα΄›α΄‡Κ€ ᴏꜰ α΄›Κœα΄‡ ᴅᴇᴍᴏɴ κœ±α΄˜α΄‡α΄‡α΄…κœ±α΄›α΄‡Κ€ ɴᴀᴍᴇᴅ ᴒᴏᴏᴍ ᴏʀ ΙͺΙ΄ ᴑʜΙͺα΄„Κœ α΄€ ᴇᴍᴏᴛΙͺα΄Ι΄ΚŸα΄‡κœ±κœ± α΄€Ι΄α΄… Ι’Κ€α΄œα΄α΄˜Κ Ι’Ιͺ...
71.5K 2.2K 48
Book 4 of the Is It Love? series. Make sure to read the other books first otherwise this won't make sense. Enjoy!!! #2 in flash-7/12/18 #5 in flash-7...
139K 3.6K 20
Completed one shots! Includes Earth 2 Harry, Eobard Thawne Wells, and HR!
49.5K 1.3K 15
Barry and Leonard are soulmates. There marks are different from everyone else's, and they want to know why. They've also been keeping their relations...