Gar Logan (Beast Boy)

By user65577621

this story is about Gar Logan and Sophie Grayson (Dick's younger sister). She is cat girl and she has powers... More

pilot part 1
Pilot Part 2
Pilot Part 3
Hawk and Dove Part 1
Hawk and Dove Part 2
Hank and Dawn Part 3
Origins Part 1
Origins Part 2
Origins Part 3
Doom Patrol Part 1
Doom Patrol part 2
Doom patrol Part 3
Together Part 1
Together Part 2
Together Part 3
Jason Todd Part 1
Jason Todd part 3

Jason Todd part 2

1.7K 25 9
By user65577621

"Jason, thanks for the help back there. But I'm good now. You should head back to Gotham" Dick says as he enters the room me and Jason are in and hands him the trackers he took out of our arms. 

"What the hell, man?" Jason says. 

"We're not Robin and Batgirl anymore. Have a safe trip back" Dick says. 

"You didn't have to do that" Jason says. 

"Yeah, we did. And you should, too" I say. 

"Why?" Jason says. 

"Because we're not animals in Bruce Wayne's private zoo" Dick says. 

"You don't get it, man. He did it for you. For all of us. In case anything ever happened, he could find us" Jason says. 

"Thanks for stopping by. Tell Bruce I'm gonna need the place for a couple of days. he should be okay with it" Dick says giving Jason his case back. 

"I'm not sure you really understand him, guys" Jason says. 

"I think we're the only people in the world that do. Look, Jason, he might have you thinking that you're a partnership, but everything Bruce does is in the best interest of one person... Bruce. Time to go" Dick says. 

"Sorry, man. I can't. He wanted me to show you these" Jason says handing a envelope to Dick. 

"How did you get these?" I say. 

"They were sent to the Gotham PD, addressed to "Robin and Batgirl." Whoever sent them thinks you're still Robin" Jason explains. 

"I know these people. I worked with them at the Haly's Circus" Dick says. 

"Before your parents were..." Jason says. 

"Yeah" Dick says. 

"That must have sucked. He burns them with acid" Jason says. 

"Hydrofluoric acid" I say. 

"Calling card of the Maroni crime family. Harvey dent, your parents--" Jason says. 

"I know. Tony Zucco worked for the Maroni's when he killed my parents. But they were put away years ago" Dick says. 

"Why'd he do it?" Jason asks. 

"Haly owed the Maronis protection money. Couldn't come up with the cash. so my parents paid the debt with their lives" Dick explains. 

"Papers call this guy the Melting Man, because he melts the flesh right off their bones. Creepy as shit, huh? Any idea who this freak is?" Jason says. 

"The man I'm thinking of is dead" Dick says. 

"So that's a no?" Jason says. 

"Have you checked back in with the police?" I say. 

"Why would I go to the fucking cops?" Jason questions. 

"Because five people were murdered" I say. 

"The cops are a joke, man. There's two kinds, useless and dirty" Jason says. 

"Is that what Bruce says?" Dick says.

"No, it's what I say. They hit a dead end, so they came crawling to Bruce and me. As usual. When Bruce realized who the victims were, he sent me to find you" Jason says. 

We then go into the control room and Dick goes onto the computer. 

"You mind?" Dick says. 

"Sure thing. Boom" Jason says. 

Dick then types in Atlas the Strongman and we then see pictures of him and his details. 

"Phone bill paid last month, utilities on. Looks like he's still alive. Milwaukee's only an hour and a half from here. We gotta go make sure he's safe" Dick says standing up. 

"We're going on a road trip. Excellent!" Jason says. 

"Not you. Us. Look, I appreciate you bringing this to me. I really do. But there is no reason for you to come. This is personal. You're Bruce's Robin. Not mine" Dick says. 

"No, I'm my Robin" Jason says. 

"We don't need your help" Dick says. 

"You did back at that apartment" Jason says, and then the computer beeps and says there is a system alert and he clicks the keyboard and the camera comes up showing Rachel, Kory and Gar. 

I am sitting on the table waiting for everyone to arrive and Jason is sitting on the sofa drinking his beer. 

"Who are your friends?" Jason says. 

"Not important" Dick says. 

"Who's he?" Kory says. 

"Not important" Dick repeats. 

"Anybody want a brew?" Jason asks.

"Yeah, I do" Gar says. 

"No, he doesn't. No one wants a brew" Dick says. 

"That can't be Adamson" Kory says. 

"He's not Adamson. Adamson's in the bathroom. Unconscious" Dick says

"Hi, I'm Rachel" Rachel says

"Jason" Jason replies. 

"Okay. Who we all are doesn't matter right now. Can we just chill out, relax, sit on the couch and watch TV or something?" Dick says. 

"Yo, when did you get another one?" Gar says looking at the cases. 

"That one's mine" Jason says. 

"Yours? Wait, you're Robin, too?" Gar says. 

"I thought you were Robin" Rachel says. 

"I am" Dick says. 

"He was" Jason cuts Dick off. 

"Okay. How many Robins are there? Are there a lot? 'Cause I would love to--" Gar says, which makes me chuckle. 

"Okay, quiet. Sit. Bathroom" Kory says as we all sit down.

"Can I be a Robin?" Gar whispers to Jason. 

"Oh, my God" I say. 

Me, Dick and Jason are now down in town looking for Clay. 

"The place is called Corvo. It's some kind of speakeasy. Landlord says he bounces the late shift" Dick says. 

"That's too bad. Bouncers are assholes" Jason says. 

"Clay's not" I say. 

"And how would you know, anyway?" Dick questions. 

"Uncle Ray would take me to bars with him all the time when I was little. Everyone thought it was cute, until it wasn't. He was a fun drunk. Then he'd get stupid. Then he'd start throwing punches. then the bouncers would kick our asses out" Jason explains. 

"Where were you folks?" Dick asks.

"Mom was upstate. Dad was downstate, Uncle Ray was the man until he OD'd when I was 13" Jason says. 

"Where'd you go?" I ask.

"Wherever. Foster care. In and out of the system, then the streets mostly after that. It's not that bad. I survived. Now, look, man. We're living the dream" Jason says as we get to the entrance to the speakeasy. 

"Clay Williams working tonight?" Dick asks. 

"VIP lounge" the bouncer says. 

"Okay" Dick says.

"She's with me" Dick says to the bouncer, he then lets me in. 

"There a problem?" Jason says. 

"Robert Plissken?" The bouncer questions. 

"Nice try" the man continues. 

"Come on, man. Be cool" Jason says. 

"Not tonight, snake" the bouncer says. 

"I'm 19" Jason says. 

"Okay, well, stay here. I'll be right back" Dick says as we walk around the speakeasy to find Clay.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 3K 17
Bruce thinks its time to have a female in the house, but with four boys already how will he handle a fifth child? and how will she handle having 4 ne...
68.7K 1.1K 24
From Gotham sidekicks to nomads with no known path, Dick and Ashley have seen it all. Now adults with their ragtag group of misfits, brought together...
26.3K 569 21
❝Tell me Atlas: What is heavier, The world or its people's hearts?❞ Sam never expected her life to end up this way, turned upside down by an infamous...
9.3K 127 21
A 17year old girl, who was taken in by Scarecrow when she was 15 and ran away from her family. He trained her to help him kill the Titans. But there...