Never Just A Dream (an IzuOch...

By HonestFiction95

After having a strange dream, Deku comes to realize he can't hide his feelings for Uraraka forever, so he dec... More

Prologue: Izuku's Dream
Invitation
"What should I do?"
Just be yourself
So simple, yet difficult
"Nice to see you again"
Intervention
Warning
"You can do it"
Preparations
Ready to go
Never just a dream
Something just like this
Three in a row
Like a ring
Epilogue: dilemma

The party

2.3K 49 155
By HonestFiction95

I-Expo building, 15th floor.

19:30.

It was not like Uraraka ever doubted of Deku's talents, but the speech had ended up being even better she could had possibly imagined. He had never been quite the extrovert and yet had overcome one of his best known weaknesses, proving himself an outstanding speaker. Melissa had been ecstatic in tears and most of his classmates had clapped loudly with the rest of the public. Now the party was taking place at the 15th floor, where the gang of Class 1A and Melissa's own classmates were going to have a great time.

"My goodness, I think they won't even remember the lame lecture I was giving before! I don't know what to say, Deku!" Melissa thanked again almost choking him in a hug, with Mineta green of envy.

"Whoa! You nailed it, bro!" Kirishima bumped his fist.

"You had us going, Midoriya! You've got the gift of the gab!" Mina exalted.

"Nice work. I wouldn't have done it better" Todoroki congratulated him.

"M-my p-pleasure, Melissa...but I think you are overstating it..." answered an overwhelmed Deku, trying to recapture his breath.

"Oh come on! Don't play modest now! You almost stole the event!" cheered Kaminari.

"No, I mean it! This night belongs to Melissa!" Deku said.

"Nah, now the ceremony is over, from this moment on I am just a girl having fun with her friends at a party. I wouldn't invite you all just to watch me pick a prize! So please enjoy!" Melissa cheerfully requested.

"Remember the bet. You know what to do...if you can" Mineta wickedly told Kaminari to his ear. "You all heard her! Let's have fun!" Mineta caught a glimpse of I-Island Academy's groups of girls and his pervert's instincts were turned on. "Oh! Where are my manners? A gentleman must introduce himself to the ladies!" he made his way towards his selected victims. Nobody in Class 1A bothered to discourage him or give him a definition of the term "gentleman". 

"Uraraka!" Her heart jumped. She really wanted to express how much she had loved the final speech, but it had been impossible with the whole class giving him three congratulations per second. "If it wasn't for you I would have stood up there like an idiot without knowing what to say! You always have supported me through thick and thin, but today I owe this to you!" Now it was Uraraka the one who was out of words. Luckily, he went on. "Well, and to Iida and Todoroki. You are the best friends one could ask for". Todoroki was in such good mood he even smiled, lowered an imaginary hat and went to meet Momo, who was awaiting next to the fruit punch. The rest of the gang had also started to spread to socialize or find their own way of having fun, while Melissa went to receive a hug from her proud father and the non-so-mysterious coated figure that made her awe in euphoria when she recognized her Uncle All Might.

"MIDORIYA!! After your amazingly inspiring performance up there, I can only say...I am proud to be the Representative of the class to which you belong...and to call you my friend!" Iida hugged Deku from behind so forcefully he would likely run out of air. Uraraka giggled, but when she was about to try to cool him down he added: "Come on, Uraraka! Join me! The occasion deserves it!" Well, overacted or not, Iida wasn't wrong. A three friends' hug was definitely worth it. He came closer and joined the hug with Deku in the middle, making it a really memorable picture with two of her best friends, but then:

"There you are! You are the one I wanted to talk to!" Iida said in a stern tone, separating from the until then collective hug and pointing Mei, who had come around while she talked to her phone, with his finger.

"Just a second" Mei, smiley as always, lifted a hand without looking at him. "Ok, ok, I get it. You are the boss. Next time: NO CAPES! Goodbye!" she hung up and looked at Iida without losing her mood. "Jeez, even I will have a hard time to content this little woman!" she laughed, referring to the person she was doing her practices with. 

"I wasn't expecting to see you here, but I will take this opportunity to..." Iida had apparently to express to the inventor girl his aversion towards her.

"OH!! Speaking of opportunities!" she said out of sudden, "I'm counting on you to give a speech similar to Midoriya's whenever one of my babies wins a similar award!"

"S-say what?!" Iida asked in a disbelief.

"Yeah, I know, Midoriya has tried some too, but thanks to you I got the promotion I was looking for, Iida" she smirked at the boy, who at the moment was having mixed feelings. At least, this time she remembered his name.

"First you use me as a toy to promote your...items, and now you consider me to...?" he tried to understand.

"Come on, let's have a drink while we talk about it! And hey, Midoriya's body may be harder than it looks like, but now you are not carrying that armor-like costume...I can tell you are no slouch in that either..." Mei said as she started touching Iida's body, without giving a care who could be looking.

"F-fine...let's have that drink...but don't act like this in a formal party, for goodness' sake!" Iida accepted, with a beet red face. "See you later guys..." he mumbled to Deku and Uraraka, who didn't pay much attention to what Iida and Mei were talking. It was no surprise, since now Iida had left, they had realized in embarrassment they were hugging ahead and tightly, cheek to cheek, like an actual couple. This was not how Uraraka had planned to continue their conversation...

"Ahem...is it too late to tell my pupil how proud I am?" All Might had come through and was looking in another direction, pretending he hadn't seen them in such a position.

"WE WERE DOING NOTHING!" cried Uraraka, wishing her make up could made her blush not as evident as Deku's as they separated.

"Good thing I interrupted nothing. I just wanted to thank you, my boy. You made this night even more special for Melissa. But you did far more. Those were words worthy of a hero on his prime. I couldn't have said it better. You are the living proof that dreams are not just dreams" Deku couldn't be happier as he shook All Might's once all powerful hand.

"ALL MIGHT! I saw you and Gran Torino! You did come in the end!

"I'll leave you two, Deku" she kindly smiled, but before she left, Deku grabbed her arm and told her something to her ear: "See you upstairs". She nodded and left feeling butterflies on her stomach. Could it be the night where the truth about her feelings would come out to the light?

Meanwhile...

"Ojiro? Are you in here?" Satō had seen the tailed hero entering the toilet and he had been there for about twenty minutes. Then the door of one of the cubicles was opened, revealing a sweaty and disheveled Mashirao Ojiro whose suit was quite wrinkled.

"Oh hello, Satō" his friend said, panting for some reason. "I...wasn't feeling so well. Something I ate, I'm afraid".

Satō looked at him confused. He would have sworn he had heard more than one voice from the outside, so he bended to check the rest of the cubicles. He saw no other person.

"I'm sorry. Do you need some help?"

"Oh, not at all, Satō" Ojiro added nervously. "I'll go back to the hotel as soon as I can to have some sleep. Just go back to the party and have fun for me, ok?"

"Well...I'll do my best! Those cakes are delicious!" Satō declared bulging his muscles. "Get better, ok?

"I'll be alright, I promise" he smiled as the Sugar Rush user left. "The coast is clear again!" he informed to an invisible person that started to put all her white outfit back. It was kind of weird to think the girl was standing there completely naked after their make out session.

"Soooo..." Toru seductively said as she pushed him back to the cubicle and  closed the door, making his heart race again when her non-visible yet very tangible limbs wrapped around him, "...where were we?"

******************

"Never been a big fan of these parties" Tokoyami told Tsuyu as they watched the rest of the formally dressed people interacting with each other. This was definitely not their natural habitat.

"Well, I always enjoy the company of my friends, but I am not too comfortable in a dress either" Tsuyu agreed. "I prefer my casual self. Call me weird, ribbit".

"You are weird" Tokoyami nodded, without bating an eye.

"Oh...you think so?"

"But that's something good, actually. And that's what I like about you" he said, in a softer, less eerie tone. "See, I am a weirdo too and I don't apologize, even if people dislike me or think I am scary. In your case, most people like you, not despite the fact you are weird, but thanks to it. Nobody who knows you would rather you were any other way. And that includes me."

"Thank you, Tokoyami. It means a lot" Tsuyu was surprised. He didn't use to be that deep and it was great to know he had her in such high esteem.

"Anyway," Tokoyami stood up, "do you wanna dance?"

"I...I'd love to...although I know nothing about dancing..." Tsuyu answered. She had never seen him almost fully smiling.

"Good. That makes us even" he said taking her hand.

**************

Kaminari had said to himself tonight was the night. If it turned out well, no more Mr Pervert Guy, he had promised. Until now he had managed to talk with Jirou without doing or saying something stupid, so he was determined.

"I'm really having a great time. You know, you can be the best company in the world when you don't try to act like such...and let alone when you are not hanging with Mineta..." Jirou confessed, slightly blushed.

"You...you mean it?" Kaminari was also enjoying his time with her, and he felt touched. "Well...I know I tend to act like an idiot most of the time, and that's not my Quirk to blame. But even I know you are an awesome girl, Kyoka. You are pretty, smart, cool and you could offer a better music than the one is being played here..."

"Thank you, Denki. I know you also think you don't tend to stand out in the Class, but...you can be caring, funny, and...I honestly can't imagine Class 1A without you...". Much too his excitement, Jirou had come closer and was talking just inches away from his face, with her eyes slightly closed. He knew it was the moment, but when he leaned forward, Jirou put two fingers on his lips. "That's why, when I knew about the bet Mineta and you made, the only thing that prevented me from kicking your ass was that you said you would use the money to take me to the nicest place possible..." she flashed a smile that was the total opposite of the sly bright of her eyes.

"WHAT!? How...how did you know...?". Then he saw Mineta, who apparently  had already been dumped by all the girls of the room, standing near with a guilty expression. "DUDE! DID YOU TELL HER!?

"SHE HEARD US TALKING AND LATER FORCED ME TO CONFESS! I TOLD YOU! WOMEN ARE DEMONS!" Mineta cried. Jittery didn't even began to describe how Kaminari felt.

"L-look, I know it was stupid. But it wasn't about the money! I mean what I said! I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but I had been planning to confess I have a crush on you for a while. I can't help it! Even if I wasn't so dense, I think you are too much girl for almost any boy to deserve y..." he was cut by Jirou's peck on his lips.

"You are right. You are an idiot. But considering I am the one who likes an idiot...I guess that kind of makes me one too..." she said, deviating her eyes, as Kaminari felt like he could jump to the moon.

"Well, it looks like we have a clear winner" announced Mineta.

"WOOHOO! I told you I would kiss her!" Kaminari exclaimed, ecstatic.

"Correct. You bet 2000 yen YOU would have the guts to kiss Jirou...but SHE is the one who kissed you. In other words, my friend...you lost" Mineta's greedy grin was even worse than his perverted one.

"WHAAAAAT!?" Kaminari looked at Jirou in disbelief.

"Whoops..." Jirou played innocent. "At least now you will learn not to gamble with these things".

"But...but...that's not fair! He told you about the bet!" Kaminari cried.

"That reminds me...you owe me only 1000. The rest is for Jirou...for making me win" Mineta had the decency to look embarrassed. His blonde friend couldn't believe his terrible luck, but Jirou kissed his cheek so he cheered up.

"Don't be upset, lovey boy. I meant what I said before. For that reason, I promise I'll take you to the "nicest place possible" as soon as we return. After all, the date is on you..." Jirou smirked, but she was internally happy she would go out with Kaminari...not to mention they had kissed. He sighed in resignation, but...what the hell, Jirou had kissed him and they would have a date. And for her, he would force his little brain to work more often and better.

*************

"I've got to say, Mina: you look beautiful. And you were right: if I was an I-Island's boy, I would likely beg you to stay" Kirishima confessed as they danced one of the slow songs they were playing at that moment.

"What a gentleman, Eijiro" said Mina. Her naughty tone wasn't that natural this time. "You look handsome too...even if sometimes I miss the black haired boy you were in secondary school".

"Don't say that. You and Crimson Riot made me how I am" Kirishima always felt like a nobody back then. Mina leaned forward and kissed him. The red haired returned it. After all, this was the first time they kissed...in public.

"You silly. I believed in you. For me, you were always the person that one day would call himself Red Riot."

"Yes. I guess that is why you can't help but ship those two so hard" smiled Kirishima.

"I care about Ochako. She is my friend...and sometimes it is like looking in a mirror" Mina sighed.

***************

Once the song was over, Todoroki and Momo decided to have a some rest and share a drink far from the dance floor.

"I won't lie, Yaoyorozu. You are a girl I'm always glad to share my time with. That been said...you need to understand we both have a hard path to follow. Endeavor is a father worse than I'm willing to describe...but he became Hero number Two because he never lost sight of his goal..." Todoroki explained.

"I know what you mean, Shoto. I couldn't forgive myself if I got distracted from my own goal, and to make it worse, become an obstacle for..." Momo sadly nodded. 

"Please let me finish. My father became Hero number Two because he never showed true care for his family. And, since my dream is to become the best hero and surpass my old man in every way, including as a man...how about we meet at the park at 17:30 this Friday?" Todoroki asked. His usually cold eyes now looked as warm as his left side.

"That...that would be great" a joyful Momo answered, with her cheeks matching her dress. "But since I called you Shoto...you may call me...Momo, if you want".

"Ok then, Momo. Speaking of which, there is something you forgot the last time we met. I have to return it to you" he reminded.

"Really? I wasn't missing..." Momo had received a kiss on her lips. Todoroki was right. She was totally missing that.

****************

Bakugo harshly stopped Deku as he made his way to the exit and only told him two sentences: "We never had the conversation we had yesterday, understood? But remember what we talked: I'm keeping my eye on you". Before Deku could answer, he left. He had been clear enough.

He was having a drink when he saw Melissa in a scene that was way too familiar for him. That finished to piss him off. "Fuck you, Deku" he muttered, as he rushed his drink and stood up. "Seriously, fuck you".

"But hey you made it after all! I guess it's not bad...for a Quirkless" the queen bee of the class, escorted by other two snobs, told Melissa, who was stoically standing her ground.

"Hey...do you want to dance?" the Academy bully heard from behind. She let out a ridiculous squeal.

"I know you! You are the bad boy who won the U.A. Sports Festival! Well, maybe if you ask politely..."

"I wasn't talking to you" Bakugo growled, as he tended a hand to Melissa.

"With pleasure, Bakugo" Melissa gladly answered taking his hand, leaving the other three girls roasted. He put a hand on her waist and Melissa put her hand on his shoulder, thankful that one of her hero friends had saved her from them.

"Don't glare...please" that last word was like a huge piece of glass inside his mouth. "I mean, I'm exceptional and better than Deku in everything, but I'm kind of new on...this" he forced himself not to swear.

"Don't worry" Melissa smiled sweetly. "If you feel embarrassed, now it is my turn to save you".

"Seriously...fuck you, Deku" he furiously thought, as they started moving.

****************

"What was that about?" wondered Deku as he went up the stairs to the hall where he had previously given the speech. Literally, he never had a conversation with Kacchan the day before...but whatever, he had other thing to worry about. As he reached the following floor and went out to the terrace, he saw Uraraka waiting. The moon, the stars and the sight were amazing, but to Deku, they were only the scenery, since it was Uraraka, with a perfect smile and a perfect outfit, who was standing there.

"Am I crazy...or this girl gets more gorgeous every time I look at her?" he thought as he walked to meet her.

End of chapter 12.

Longest chapter to date! I hope you find it worth of it! Now we have all the fans' favorite ships together...except the most important. But fear not. The following chapter will be here before you realize.

What do you think about the party? Is everyone in his place? You miss something? As usual, your opinions are important to me. And yes, I had to make that reference to The Incredibles. I found it...quite necessary. Kaminari may have lost the bet, but I'm sure he doesn't care very much.

Honest Fiction is happy to share another chapter, which is three times longer because all the main characters were there and deserve some time...and what the hell, you also deserved a longer and enjoyable (I hope) chapter.

The moment of truth for the ultimate MHA ship is near. Just wait...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.1K 388 9
"𝙾𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚌𝚘, 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚖𝚢 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝. 𝚆𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚐𝚘 𝚝𝚘 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚖𝚎?" Ochaco Uraraka isn...
28.2K 552 8
Ochako Uraraka has been best friends with Izuku Midoriya since their first year at UA High School. She has also had a crush on him since then, but ha...
44.2K 1K 39
It's that time of year again and Class-1A is enjoying the holiday month, December. Ahh yes the festivity surrounds us all with Christmas galore and d...
1.8K 43 14
Small Heroes on a Big Adventure Class 1A wakes up to find they have all been shrunk! Now, they are on a journey of epic proportions to return to thei...