Castaways

By easiermalum

"We need to talk about it." "Um, no. What we need to do is block the memory of this morning and pretend it n... More

about.
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen
seventeen.
eighteen
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty one.
twenty-two
twenty-three.
twenty-four.
twenty-five.
twenty-seven.
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
chapter thirty.
A/N

twenty-six

43 2 4
By easiermalum

L u k e

Making my way upstairs, I played a thousand different scenarios in my head, and they all ended badly. I looked inside Mike's room, where Sierra hadn't left since her fight with Angelle. It felt like a solid ten minutes before I worked up the courage to finally speak up.

"Si." That's all it took. One word, spoken so brokenly, was all it took for Sierra to storm to the doorway, and slam the door in my face.

"Jesus," I whispered. "C'mon, Sierra. We need to talk. Please open up, baby."

The next second, Sierra was swinging the door open. "Do not call me that. Let's get that straight. I am not your baby. Maybe Angelle will let you call her that, but not me. Not now."

"Ok. That's fair." I nodded, taking a deep breath. "But, please, just let me explain. I just wanna talk. Just let me in, and you can yell, and hit, and kick, and punch, whatever you want. I deserve it."

Sierra didn't look convinced, nor did her face hold any less venom, but she didn't slam the door again. She gave a single, stiff nod, and gestured for me to come in.

"You have five minutes." She cocked her head, arms crossed over her chest.

"Sierra, don't be-"

"Ooh! Now, it's 4 minutes and 56 seconds."

"Ok! I'm sorry, Sierra, I'm so fucking sorry. But don't blame her, it's my fault. I'm the one who tried to kiss her. She stopped me."

"Ok..." She nodded, gripping Mikey's bedpost. "Can I ask you something?"

"Yes, please. Ask me anything." I replied because this was progress. This is, at the very least, a conversation.

"Do you like her?" Sierra asked, trying to show no emotion.

Except that.

She looked at me through watery eyes, and I never felt the kind of pain I felt when looking in her eyes in my life. I could see almost every emotion in those eyes. Betrayal, hurt, pain, loneliness. Sierra was strong, but her eyes always gave her away.

"Honestly?" I asked because I wanted to tell her 'No, of course not. I love no one but you.'

I wanted to tell her that, but the last thing I wanted to do was lie to her.

"Yes, please. If I gave you an out, right now, would you take it? Would you take it and go to her?"

"I don't know."

-

After that, we didn't say anything. She kicked me out a couple of minutes later.

"I think you should go."

"Okay."

I didn't fight her on it, and she didn't stop me.

I decided to check on Makayla because I hadn't seen her since she squeezed the life out of my hand. That is the worst physical pain I've ever felt in my life. I've literally been punched in the face (multiple times), and I still had never experienced such pain.

I peeked into the room, seeing her still knocked out. I sighed, pulling up one of Mike's gaming chairs next to the couch. "Hey, Kayla." I ran my fingers through her knotted hair, "Um... Kinda wish you were here. I've made a big shitload of a mess, and I don't really know what to do. You've always been able to cheer everyone up, and we all need that right now, especially me." She all but purred and leaned into my hand. "Okay, so I'll see you when you wake up, I guess." I stood up, kissing her forehead before leaving. 

As I walked out of the door, the weight of everything that I did came crashing down even harder than before. Sierra hates my guts, Angelle won't acknowledge my existence, and I don't really understand my feelings right now. 

What did I do? How do I fix this mess, if I can fix this mess?

I wanted to cry, and scream, and sleep. God, did I want to sleep. What I wouldn't give to be in Makayla's position right now. Before I could convince myself to literally curl up in the corner, and pass out, I noticed how quiet it was.

Too quiet. 

Ok, I'm sorry. That sounded like a bad 90's horror movie. But it was! It was too quiet for the situation we were in. There should be screaming, and fighting, or at the very least whispered arguments, but there was nothing. 

I rounded the corner, entering the kitchen, and saw why. As I thought, Sierra and Angelle were both in the kitchen. But they weren't arguing, they weren't talking, they weren't even standing next to each other. 

Angelle was by the kitchen door, finishing up the cans, and Sierra was sitting stubbornly on a chair all the way across the room at the kitchen table, sitting above eight duffle bags. Her position was beyond unapproachable. She was perched on the chair, legs crossed, leaning forward, resting her head on her hand, supported by her elbow, which was resting on her crossed knee. Her face screamed 'don't come near me', and she had a semi-permanent scowl on her face. I haven't seen that since she saw me in a restaurant with another girl.

(Okay, okay, don't get your panties in a twist. It was Mali, and we were waiting on Cal. It was within the first month that Sierra and I were dating, and she hadn't met her yet.)

Oh no, this is what I was afraid of. This is the last thing I wanted. I tried avoiding coming in between these two for as long as I've known them. I know what you're thinking. Yes, I tried to kiss Angelle. I still don't know why I did that. But come on! Give me some credit. 

I always took the backseat. I never got in the middle of them when we went out. I spent time with Angelle, so she wouldn't feel she wasn't my friend. But I didn't spend too much time with her, so that Sierra felt left out, or jealous. For fuck's sake, the reason we started dating in the first place is that I wanted to make friends with Angelle's friends. And now, one mistake and I've fucked everything up.

"Guys, can we please sit and talk this out like adults? The world has gone to shit, we are basically all that we have left. " I said, exasperated, wanting to fix this so we can move on and become closer than ever because that's what always happens in this situation. 

The looks that Angelle and Sierra gave me could've struck me dead if possible. The fury, the hatred, the betrayal. The tension was almost suffocating.

"Talk it out, Luke? Really? How dense can you be? I don't want anything to do with you right now....nor do I want anything to do with you, either, Angelle. Both of you get out of my sight." Sierra said, fury in those usually soft, brown eyes.

"Sierra, why take this out on me?" Angelle said, hurt displayed across her face.

"BECAUSE YOU ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF IT. Luke almost kissed YOU, so yeah, of fucking course, I'm taking out my aggression on you, too."

"Sierra-" I started to say before I was interrupted.

"Luke, shut the fuck up." 

"Now, back to you, my 'best friend'. How long? Hmmm? How long have you been a backstabbing bitch?! I can't believe you!"

"Sierra, please." Angelle practically begged, tears forming in her eyes.

"Don't you dare try to feed me some sob story! You know what? I don't even know why I'm friends with you."

"Seriously?" Angelle shot back venomously, and her voice was cold and unforgiving. 

"Sierra, you need to calm down. This is getting out of hand." I said, trying to play peacemaker.

"Luke, it's fine." Angelle said, the sadness and pain in her eyes replaced with something darker.

"Oh, yeah. Of course. You would take up for her. You love her, don't you? DON'T YOU DARE TRY TO FEED ME SOME BULLSHIT LINE, LUCAS!"  

The next moment, Michael came walking into the room, looking confused, and annoyed, followed by Crys, and the boys. 

"What the hell is going on here?" Mike asked, and Sierra turned to him, laughing bitterly. 

"Oh, you haven't heard? My loving boyfriend and best friend who I'm supposed to trust more than anyone in the world have sneaking around behind my back." She smiled through the sentence. 

"Sierra, that is completely out of line!" I finally yelled, not caring if she got mad. 

"And totally untrue," Angelle said, with a monotone voice, probably fed up. I don't blame her. 

"It was only one time. And nothing even happened." 

"Bullshit." Sierra spat. 

"Sierra, I didn't kiss him!"

"Angelle, that's not the point. He's my boyfriend! You're my best friend." 

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Crys look at Ash and Calum, sigh, grabbing their hands, and started to drag them to the living room, but before they got to the door, they started talking in hushed voices.

"I just can't believe you're trying to take him away from me." 

"Me?" Angelle remarked, legitimately shocked. "You've got to be kidding me, right now."

"No, I don't think I am! You're trying to take him from me. And for what? What did I do? Why are you trying to-"

"Jesus Christ, Sierra, YOU TAKE EVERYTHING FROM ME!!" I could see her snap, see her eyes harden, then go back when she realized what she said. She slapped a hand over her mouth, tears about to spill from her eyes. 

"What? What the hell is that supposed to mean?" 

"N-Nothing..." Angelle lost the fire in her voice and barely rasped the word out. I could see Michael getting worked up, trying to set his mouth in a line, as to not speak up. 

"Oh my-" Mike actually groaned, just as everyone, including Makayla, came back out of the living room.

"What's going on?" Makayla asked after Calum grabbed a chair for her to sit. 

"I-I'm sorry... But for fuck's sake, SHE LIKED HIM FIRST!!" Mike finally let out, and well...

"What?!" I yelled, looking between Michael and Angelle, who was shaking

"Michael." She all but whispered, her voice breaking. 

"What?" Sierra turned to look at Angelle, looking, finally looking at her. "You did?"

"Wh- No. No, no, no. No, he's lying, I-"

"Angelle." Michael stepped forward, nodding toward her. "Come on. It's time."

"How long?" Sierra finally asked, and she didn't sound angry. 

"I-"

"Angelle. How long?" Sierra asked slowly, and Angelle let out a shuddering breath. 

"Since sophomore year."

"What?" I asked, but she didn't look at me. 

"Since he got my hair out of the locker." A tear slipped down at her cheek, and it was the floodgate opened. She furiously wiped them away, but they just kept coming. 

"So you liked him when I... You're telling me you liked him all this time? Why didn't you tell me? Why did you introduce me to him when you had a thing for him? What kind of shit logic is that?" 

"Sierra," Calum spoke up, next to Makayla. "That's enough." 

"Oh? You're on her side? What? Did she fuck you too?" 

"Sierra!" I yelled, not ever seeing this side of her. "Stop! Who even are you right now? I don't even recognize you! She's your best friend! She waited four hours with a stupid stuffed giraffe when you got your tonsils taken out. She defended you countless times. She stepped back for you to date a stupid guy for two years, even though she liked him, just because she thought he'd make you happy." 

"Yeah. Well, a lot of good that did me..." She answered and walked upstairs.

Angelle looked straight past me, glaring at Michael. "Why would say that?"

"I-I'm sorry, I thought it would help!"

"Why the fuck would that help? Why would you think that would make anything better?"

"I thought if she knew, she would understand." 

"Well, obviously not! You just made it worse! HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO ME?!" Before I could blink, she had lunged at Michael. Thankfully, Calum's reflexes kicked in, and he held her back, while Crys pulled Mike out of the room. 

"Let me go, let me go..." Angelle repeated like a mantra, but Calum turned her around, holding her to his chest, letting her cry. 

"Shh, it's okay."

"Let me go."

Good evening/morning lovelies! It's M here. I think A forgot to update...again. Anyways, we're getting close to the end of this book and I have exciting news for those of you invested in this storyline that we came up with. IT'S GOING TO BE A SERIES!! Currently, we're working on book 2, and we plan on having 3. These books are our babies and I really hope you love them as much as we do! Comment! Vote! Share with your friends! Read to your dog! I don't care, as long as you support us!! Love you beans! 

P.S. I'm still sick so this may not make any sense whatsoever sksksk

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

318K 10.2K 52
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC © KissLeclerc , April 2024 Started: April 8, 2024 Completed: May 10, 2...
554K 12.2K 39
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
306K 6.8K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
238K 5.9K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...