The Retired Queenpin

By GoddessofJustice

Aaliyah Daniels is a former Drug Lord, assassin, and wife. She lives a secluded life with her two children Ki... More

Introduction
Chapter 1 (3rd person POV)
Chapter 2 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 3 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 4 (3rd person POV)
Chapter 5 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 6 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 7 (Omniscent POV)
Chapter 8 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 9 (Omniscent POV)
Chapter 10 (Omniscient POV)
Chapter 11 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 12 (Damiens POV)
Chapter 13 (Omniscient POV)
Chapter 14 (Omniscient POV)
Chapter 15 (Damien POV)
Chapter 16 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 17 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 18 (Omniscent POV)
Chapter 19 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 20 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 21 (Damiens POV)
Chapter 22 (Unknown POV)
Chapter 23 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 24 (Omniscient POV)
Chapter 25 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 26 (Aaliyah's POV)
Authors Note
Chapter 27 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 28 (Omniscient POV)
Chapter 29 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 30 (Omniscient POV)
Chapter 31 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 32 (Damien's POV)
A/N
Chapter 33 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 35 (Omniscient POV)
A/N
Chapter 36 (Niko's POV)
Chapter 37 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 38 (Aaliyah's POV)
New Book (SNEAK PEAK)
Chapter 39 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 40 (Niko's Letter to Aaliyah)
A/N (updated 2.27.2020)
Chapter 41 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 42 (Omniscient POV)
Chapter 43 (Omniscient POV)
A/N
Chapter 44 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 45: Omniscient POV
Chapter 46: Omniscient POV
A/N
Chapter 47: Damien's POV
Chapter 48 (Aaliyah's POV)
A/N
Chapter 49: (Damien's POV)
Chapter 50: (Omniscient POV)
Chapter 51: (Omniscient POV)
Chapter 52: Omniscient POV
A/N:
Chapter 53: Epilogue:
New Story!

Chapter 34 (Aaliyah's POV)

2.6K 148 5
By GoddessofJustice

I had been planning the engagement party for the past week and a half with Marcella's help. I'd set the date and I had sent out the invitations. Hopefully everybody who was invited would attend considering I only invited people who were important to me and Damien.

"Mom, can Kitai and I go play outside?" Bella asked as she walked further into the library.

"That's fine. Take Gio with you."

I was actually beginning to like Gio. He was completely one with my children but it wasn't a surprise because Gio was a huge kid himself. He and Damien were polar opposites, so, I didn't really understand how they tolerated each other enough to be friends.

I continued searching for Venues online. I had been through dozens and I wasn't impressed. I wanted something outdoors and very country like. Something that scream nature. With lilies, sunflowers, lavender, brilliant colors, and vibrant lights.

At the moment, the French Rivera and Hotel Bellevue Syrene seemed like my only options. I would look into them both a little more later in the week.

I had started at Damien's company a few days ago and well his employees were definitely more welcoming than the ones in New York.

Damien introduced me as my own woman and then as his soon to be wife.

*Flashback*

"I know many of you are wondering who this beautiful woman is, so, let me introduce you to the New CFO of Arden Industries. Her name is Aaliyah Daniels. She is a superb business woman and I hope you will welcome her with open arms. Aside from being the CFO, she is also my Fiancé and will be treated with respect in regards of that aspect as well as CFO. There will be no rumors because I asked her to be my CFO because of her emasculate skills to close a deal. If I hear any rumors about Miss.Daniels whoever started it will be fired on the spot and whoever help spread it will be fired as well. Therefore I suggest you keep your gossip on your own time in your own houses and not on company property. Her office will be next door to mine. Would you like to add anything Miss.Daniels?"

"Nope. I think you covered everything. I looked forward to working with you all. Now, please Arden let the people get back to work."

"Dismissed." he held out his arm beckoning me to walk ahead of him out of the large conference room.

*Flashback over*

He'd tried so hard to keep things strictly business at the office but that failed two days ago when he boned me on his desk during lunch.

Luckily though I'd closed the deal with Regal Inn that same day and we would start the reconstruction next week after the appt with my Ob/GYN which happened to be Jason, Damien's friend.

"Bella, you mighty quiet up here." Marcella walked in with a cup of tea and handed it to me.

"Thanks, Dia. I'm just thinking." I grabbed the mug out of her hands.

"No think too much. You stress yourself." I had never noticed before by Dia did speak broken English.

"I'll try not to." I smiled.

"I'm so glad you are my niece. Damien Choose a real gem when choose you. I love you and those beautiful little dough biscuits." She kissed my cheeks.  Everyday Marcella because more like a mother to me. She was sweet, loving, caring; she was nothing like Charles. Her attitude and her personality made it hard to believe they were siblings.

"Marcella?"

"Yes."

"Will you be my Dula?"

"Yes! Of Course!" She smiled.

"Thank you. That means a lot to me."

"No, it is my honor, Bella." She gave me one more kiss on my forehead then walked out of the library.

My library didn't look much like a library any more. I mean the movers were moving things out inch by inch, room by room; beginning with the Offices and library, ending with the bedrooms. None of the furniture was leaving with us because the new house was full furnished. It was ready to be moved into and made home.

"Micio, you were up here when I left. That's enough work and stress for the day." Damien walked in and closed my laptop. He picked me up out of my seat, carrying me out of the library bridal style.

"Arden." I exclaimed.

"Shh, woman. We're going downstairs to sit with everyone else."

I sipped my water as I watched Damien and Giovanni play ball with the twins. It was heart warming. Honestly though Giovanni and Damien argued like an old married couple.

"Mom, can you tell Mr.A and Gio to stop hoggin the ball! I mean we're in the middle of a game!" Kitai walked up with his hands on his hips.

"Yes, honey." I laughed as I stood from my seat on the patio. I made my way across the backyard toward the two arguing grown men.

"Bro, it was out of bounds!!" Giovanni yelled.

"Since when did we establish boundaries, Gio?!" Damien asked.

"Since Now!"

"See you fucking cheating!"

"Hey! Shut the hell up and give me the ball." I said firmly trying to hold back my laughter.

"But- Nope, I don't wanna hear it. Give me the ball then both of y'all can make your way to the patio." I cut him off.

"But Miss.Daniels!" Gio exclaimed.

"Ball in my hand, your asses to the patio. Don't make me say it again." I put one hand on my hip and held the other out for the ball.

"See what you did!" Gio handed me the ball and stomped off.

"Thanks, Micio." Damien leaning in to kiss me. I leaned away.

"Nah, take your ass to the patio too."

"What?! What I do?!"

"Go, Arden." I laughed. He mumbled as he stomped off.

I handed the ball to Kitai.

"Thanks, mom."

"Uh huh. Play nice and fair with your sister." I waved as I walked back to the patio. I took a seat between the two pouting men.

"Miss.Daniels— Aht, I don't wanna hear it. You want to act like children then I'm going to treat you like children." I cut Gio off.

"See what you did, you asshat." Arden grumbled.

"Be quiet!" I glared at them both.

"Yes Mam."

Later that night we all ate as a family. The kids had taken a real liking to Gio, they now called him Big Brother.

I was getting the Kids ready for bed now.

"Mom, can Big Brother go with us to Moon Fest tomorrow?" Isabella asked

"He is going to Moon Fest."

"Can Mr.A go too?" Kitai asked as he slipped on his pajama pants.

"Yes, Mr. A can go. Any other requests for Moon Fest?"

"You have to be nice to Big Brother." Isa said.

"I am nice to Giovanni."

"No you aren't."

"Mommy isn't even Nice to Mr.A." Isa rolled her eyes.

"Scusi?! I am nice to Arden!" I exclaimed as I stopped tucking them in.

"Not really." Kitai pursed his lips.

"They're right. You know.... you aren't very nice to me." Damien pouted as he walked into the room.

"I'll show you nice." I grumbled as I pushed him out of their bedroom into the hallway. Making sure to close the twins bedroom door behind me.

"So, I'm not nice..." I asked with my hands on my hips.

"Nope." He popped the P.

"Oh okay. Then we'll since I'm not nice; no more sex."

"Fine. I'd last longer than you would anyways."

"Wanna bet?" I asked.

"$100,000?"

"Bet. 2 months, no sex.  Whoever breaks first pays up."

"Fine." He huffed walking away.

He was definitely going to break first. I was going to make sure of that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Dance for you By Jaycee

General Fiction

167K 7.1K 22
Loni is a 21 year old stripper trying to take care of her twin daughters after being cheated in and left to raise them on her own. She barely has tim...
126K 4K 47
{Absolutely mesmerizing} {Cassius and Aiden come up beside me and watches her the same way I do; like she's the beginning and the end, the sun and th...
25.9K 1.9K 32
**This can be read as a stand alone but is a spin off of Blood Wolves Old Lady's. For 5 years her family thought her dead. In those years she became...