Serendipity (Ian Eastwood Fan...

By biancakeflies

Serendipity is the act of findig something valuable or delightful when you are not looking for it. More

Author's note

One Shot.

304 1 1
By biancakeflies

"Don't you worry, don't you worry child. See heaven's got a plan for you. Don't you worry, don't you worry now. Yeah. ~~"

My whole body stopped dancing as the music stopped. I fell backwards to the floor of my own studio and started panting heavily. Who wouldn't? I have been dancing for three straight hours so that I can get rid this sadness that I am feeling. Why? Well, the other day, I saw Ian Eastwood's post on Instagram saying that he will be teaching here in the Philippines after recovering from his break up with his girlfriend 3 months ago. At first, I was beyond glad.

But here I am, sad slash depressed because that very same day, realization dawned at me. I. CAN'T. ATTEND. HIS. CLASSES. because of reasons.

First, I don't have money, I'm not broke but hey I need to save up so that I could go to Chicago to be with my family (I don't want to be a burden to them by asking for money), I have my studies because I am a graduating college student and lastly, I don't have time. I am a working student, I attend classes 4 times a week and I teach dance classes in a workshop every free day that I have.

Isn't it depressing? Ian Eastwood is so close yet so far from my reach.

------------

After overthinking about things and Ian Eastwood I finally decided to stood up and freshen up. I had enough sulking and it's now time to move on and get over it even if it's very very hard.

I went to the nearest mall and decided that coffee is what I need right now so I went to Starbucks. I don't have money to enroll to one of Ian's classes but hey! I always have money for my favorite frappe!

I ordered my all time favorite Chocolate Chip Frappe with my name on it. I looked around for a seat since SB is fully packed  today. Seems like I only have to choices: Sit with someone I may or may not know or just stroll around the mall with my beloved frappe.

I chose to sit with a stranger because my legs, wait let me scratch that, my whole body is tired from all the dancing I did. I found a two seater table near the glass wall of SB with a guy occupying the other sit.

"Weird..." I muttered to myself when I examined the guy seating, he's wearing a beanie and sunglasses and a hoodie. Glasses? Hoodie? In a mall? Weird. Really.

I finally had the guts to approach the guy and asked him.

"Is this seat taken? Err.. Can I sit here? You see, this is the only available seat eh." The guy smiled and nodded.

I sat down and tried to make myself comfortable. I secretly examined his features though he's wearing sunglasses. Honestly, he looks someone I know I just can't put my finger on it.

"Uhm, kuya ano name mo?" I asked him in Filipino language.

"Pardon? Sorry, I don't understand you." an unfamiliar but familiar voice asked me. Get it? It's like I have heard his boice before but I wasn't that sure.

Oh, he's a foreigner. "Uhm, I said What's your name?" I asked once again with a genuine smile.

"I'm Anthony. You're Bianca right?" I was startled by his statement. Oh my gosh. How did he know?! Did I sat in a two seater table with my stalker?! Oh my Gosh! What should I do now?!

My panic moment was abruptly stopped because of the laughter coming from that Anthony guy.

"Hahahahahahahaha. You-- Hahahahaha. You should've seen your face! Hahaha! It was epic! Hahahaha!" He said, laughing hard.

"It was written on your frappe, silly!" After about a minute he then added calmly. Good, he stopped laughing.

Gosh, that was embarassing! Ughhhh!

Because I was irritated I threw a tissue paper at him which earned a laugh from him. I glared at him, even though I don't know him.

"Okay, stop. Can we just drop that topic? It's embarassing y'know." I said as I felt myself blushing from the embarassment I felt.

"Yeah. Yeah." He agreed then added, "So you're Bianca. Can you tell some thing about yourself?"

"My Mom told me to not talk to a stranger. Didn't your Mom taught you that?" I asked eyeing him. I'm right, right?

"My Mom taught me that, but I'm not a stranger! You already know my name and besides talking with a stranger is sometimes good. To a not-creepy-stanger I might add." He said.

Fine. I nodded and sighed in defeat knowing he was right.

"I'm Bianca Reyes, a Filipino obviously. I'm a college student and a dancer." I told him the 4 most basic things about me.

"You're a dancer? That's awesome!" He said as he continued to drink his frappe.

"Yup. I am. Actually, I teach classes every week to earn an extra income."

"Aren't you getting tired? You said it yourself that you're in your college years so it means you're studying hard. Then, you still teach every week?" He asked.

"Honestly, I don't get tired. Maybe because dancing is my passion. It's my sweet escape, everytime I'm sad, depressed or tired I dance to get rid of it. Dancing is my first love." I answered him truthfully with my eyes showing sincerity.

"And, do you know Ian Eastwood?" I added. He stiffen a bit and relaxed once again. Weird.

"Uh..Y-yeah. Why did you asked?"

"I am a very very big fan of him. But I'm not the fangirl kind of fangirl, get it? He's a really great dancer right?" I told him with admiration evident in my voice.

"Are you a fan of him because of his looks or talent?" He asked, maybe he does know Ian.

"I admit, he is handsome. But, his face is just a bonus. I like him, I mean I became his fan because of his talent. I didn't even saw his face clearly when I first saw him dance." I answered him while drinking the remains of my frappe.

"So, because of his skills?"

"Not just his skills. I became a very big fan of him because he became my inspiration. He became my wonderwall without him knowing it. You see, I was born a dancer. I dance like there's no tomorrow ever since I was a little kid. I grew up with it but then a sudden twist of events happened." I stopped to compose myself knowing that if I did not, I will surely cry. Remembering those days makes me pretty emotional.

"When I was 13, I was involved in a car accident with my older brother, we are very lucky we survived. I survived. But the thing is, I encountered a problem with my right leg. The doctor told me straight in the eyes that I will not be able to dance again. It broke my heart big time, it's like a half of me died. I prayed and prayed hard for my recovery, after 2 months I was able to walk again. I continued to pray to Him for my FULL recovery. So that I will be able to dance again. Then, that fateful day came when I was 15.

I watched ABDC for the first time and at the same time, I watched Mos Wanted Dance Crew's performance. I was very impressed by their skills but that one lanky guy caught my eye because of his awesome dancing skills and of course because of his towering height, too. After that day, I watched each and every performance of their group and supported them all the way. Especially, Ian. I saw all his hardships and his struggles. How he conquered it. And because of him, something sparked in me. I wanted to dance again, no matter what it takes. So I did everything that time, we paid for some therapists, drank meds... And the rest was history, now here I am alive and kicking, I mean dancing." I finished with my eyes teary and a genuine smile plastered in my face.

"Wow. Just... Wow. " He said, seems like it's the only word he could muster and at the same time he's still processing every thing that I told him. It's like I gave him too much information and an emotional story so that's why he's buffering and it's from a complete stranger like me.

"And did you know that he had a girlfriend? And he just recovered from a break up recently." I opened a new topic about Ian. He became a bit stiff again and relaxed a bit before answering. What's with him and his 'becoming a bit stiff' moments after I ask his questions.

"R- really?" The happiness that registered in his face a while ago vanished and was replaced by a calm look.

"Yup, 3 months ago. Honestly, I don't hate his girlfriend, gosh I even ship them a lot! And I'm too happy for him to hate. I'm happy for him that he once had a great inspiration like what I have right now. But life is life, when they broke up, it broke both of their hearts and mine too. If I could only comfort him that time. Well, I did post a pic of him and a message on Instagram but still."

I stopped then he smiled and nodded to me like telling me, 'Go ahead, continue. I'm listening promise.'

"But that was 3 months ago. Now he's here in my motherland teaching classes. And I'm happy he's now back on his feet."

"Are you in one of his classes? Y'know it's a big opportunity right? You can meet him and learn from him." He asked me smiling showing his pearly, white teeth.

"That's the bad thing. I wasn't able to attend his classes and until now I'm having that 'oh goodness gracious! He's in here my country, we walk in th same land, breathe the same air, we both inhale the air pollution oh my gosh' moment." I said sadly.

"Why?"

"I don't have money coz I'm saving up for something important, I have my studies and work, and his classes already started and all the slots are full." I can only sigh.

"That's sick! For you and Ian! He will not be able to dance with someone like you!" He said.

"Thanks for that, but that's life. My friend once said that if it's meant to happen it will happen. If we're destined to meet then, we will meet when I least expect it." I told him, smiling. I suddenly felt this encouraging feeling inside me.

"Well, I'm pretty sure the both of you are destined to meet. Trust me, Bianca. Trust me." The way he said it, made me shiver. It's like he really knows it's true and it will surely happen.

"Sana..." I said in Filipino Language meaning, I hope so.

His phone rang and he excused himself so that he could pick it up. I checked the time in my phone and saw that it's already 6:37 in the evening. Gosh, I need to go home. I still have classes for tomorrow and oh gosh, how can I forget! We have our exams tomorrow! Ugh.

He came back holding his phone. Woah, he's tall and lanky.

"Hey, Bianca. I really need to go home because my friend is picking me up and we're going to have dinner."

"Sure, I need to go home too. I still have classes for tomorrow." I said smiling but really, I still don't wanna go home.

"Well, let's take a picture first? Please? Just to remember this awesome day?" he said.

"Okay." I agreed and then we took 2 selfies, it wouldn't hurt to take a picture with a stranger right?

After taking a picture he offered to walk me near the exit of the mall which I obliged.

"It was really nice meeting you, Bianca. I had fun, sorry you did all the talking and sharing." He said then added a laugh.

"It's fine. I enjoyed your company too. You're right talking to a 'non creepy stranger' is sometimes good."

"So, I gues this is good bye for a while. And let me take this moment and say, I TOLD YOU SO. Bye!" He said then laughed.

"Bye Anthony! Yeah, I guess and you seem unfamiliarly familiar to me. Get me? Unfamiliarly familiar?" I walked near the exit while waving and laughing a bit.

He stiffened a bit and waved.

"See you soon! Promise!" He said something but I did not made it out since I'm now outside the mall.

After going home I immediately ate my dinner then went to bed. Wifi? Check. Ice cream? Check. Favorite PJs? Check! Now I can rest!

While eating my ice cream I opened my Instagram and I receive a new notification.

@Ian_Eastwood is now following you.

Oh. My. Gosh. Is this real?! THE Ian Eastwood is now following me?! Gosh. How? When? Where? Why? I didn't not do anything to make him notice me as far as I remember... So, how?

I was more than shocked right now. I am indeed very happy and I felt a bit kilig and a bit giddy... Told yah, I'm not the fangirl type of fangirl.

I pressed the unlock button and home button of my iPhone to take a shot of what's in my screen right now. I edited the picture and decided to post it on Instagram. But before I can even post it, a new notification came. I was tagged in a photo.

@Ian_Eastwood: Hi @biancakeflies! It was really really nice meeting you a while ago. I never thought I inspired and affected someone that much. It's my pleasure that you are one of my fans. Sorry, I did not introduced myself properly. But hey, I told you I was Anthony! It's my second name. Haha. Kidding. Told you, you're destined to meet him --- to meet me. I really had fun, Bianca. I promise we will meet again and we will dance together. :) *the 2 selfies we took in a collage*

Woah.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

192K 4K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
217K 10.2K 31
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...
99.9K 3K 31
"she does not remind me of anything, everything reminds me of her." lando norris x femoc! social media x real life 2023 racing season
1.1M 19.3K 132
requests (open) walker scobell imagines AND preferences :) -- #1 - riordan (04.30.24) #1 - leenascobell (05.29.24) #2 - adamreed (04.30.24) #2 - momo...