The Ruined Rainbow

By SayeshaL

Cover credits: @missoctowriter Earlier known as, "The Sweetest Smiles Have The Darkest Secrets." ***** Two p... More

THE RUINED RAINBOW
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
CHAPTER 71
CHAPTER 72
CHAPTER 73
CHAPTER 74
CHAPTER 75
Author's Note
CHAPTER 76
CHAPTER 77
CHAPTER 78
CHAPTER 79
CHAPTER 80
CHAPTER 81
CHAPTER 82
CHAPTER 83
CHAPTER 84
CHAPTER 85
CHAPTER 86
CHAPTER 87
CHAPTER 88
CHAPTER 89
CHAPTER 90
CHAPTER 91
CHAPTER 92
CHAPTER 93
CHAPTER 94
CHAPTER 95
CHAPTER 96
CHAPTER 97

CHAPTER 18

415 24 2
By SayeshaL

A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.

*****

Ayesha.

I randomly picked up a newspaper, which I usually never read. But today, I felt like I must-read.

I look at the headlines which have got something to do with the world's economy. I sigh and unfold the paper and turn the next page, but quickly reverse it. A small part of the newspaper caught my eye.

I quickly read that and turn to page 9.

RON SPEAKS UP AT LAST -- ABOUT THE END AND ITS HUGE FAILURE.

Ron, 42, famously known director recently caught up with one of our reporters and spoke about The End, and why was it a failure. Check out what he's got to say :

Reporter: So, Ron. You are a famous director known for your direction of great blockbusters. It 's a great pleasure to meet you.

However, the actual purpose of my interviewing you is because of your recent failure, The End. What is your personal opinion about the movie?

Ron: The movie is excellent. It's an unusual story with a lot of, you know, mystery and suspense associated with it. I enjoyed shooting it. But...

Reporter: Can you tell us why did the film flop?

Ron: it can't be because of the script; everyone appreciated it though.

Reporter: the cast perhaps??

Ron: perhaps. But it can't be because of the new casts which I have chosen. They gave their best. It was I, after all, who witnessed their audition. No. It can't be them at all. But I think it can be because of Sahil.

Reporter: Sahil Malhotra? Why? He is a new-age actor and is the most loved by the audience, isn't he??

Ron: That is the misconception. That the audience loves him, that is why I chose him to be a part of my film. But, no. He is not a popular one, and it was a mistake, a big mistake to bring him into my movie.

He takes forever to reach the sets, and even though he arrives on time, he never is involved with it. He does scenes using no emotions and only because he must. On the contrary, he is as good as a random person walking on the street.

The scenes took forever to shoot and at the end, he would be the most grumbling. He bosses around. He gets angry at me for the smallest of things and becomes the most irritating. The other actors were scared of him, including me too.

Reporter: So, you mean to say--

Ron: Sahil is the responsible one for the failure. It is because of his anger, bossing over everyone attitude that has made the film a failure. I would recommend other directors to think twice before casting him as he is such a disap---

I closed the paper in disgust.

How horrible was that supposed to be? How awful Sahil would be
feeling?

Ron, being a reputed director, His words had the intended effect. Other movies were snatched away from Sahil saying that he wasn't perfect enough.

I feel my heart beating against my chest. The last nine months have been harsh. Quite harsh.

If not for me, for Sahil at least.

It all started with Sahil officially breaking up with Rhea and slapping Varun. Then it reached an interview with Varun and Rhea ( who are working on a film ). Sahil's two films that hit the screens have been called an average. But the biggest shock then came when Ron's The End was declared the most underperformed film of the year earning bad reviews from critics.

In the interview,  Ron criticised Sahil s, saying that he was the sole cause of the film's failure to which Sahil reacted angrily and made his way to the news.

Hearing this shocking behaviour of Sahil, his other two films we're snatched away from him saying that he wouldn't suit the character and they wanted someone patient.

Well, this would anger anyone, wouldn't it?

I feel my heart breaking every time I see the news. It hurts me that Sahil is being accused of wrongly. It bothers me that he is suffering more than anyone else.

God, why? What did Sahil do to deserve this?

I had called him many times, but he wouldn't answer. All these happened so quickly that I never got time to figure things out. I never thought I would come to Mumbai after what had happened to me months ago, but this is Sahil I m talking about. He is the person for whom I care about the most. Of course, I would forget all my problems and immediately come to his side to console him.

Do you want to go to Mumbai, Ayesha? After what happened there you dreaded visiting it, didn't you? Who knows, that might happen again?

But, this is Sahil  I'm talking about.

So?

So, Sahil is my dearest one, and I would be the one on his side. He has faced a lot there; I want to be there as a shoulder for him to cry upon.

I hear the cell ring and look at the watch. It's 9 in the morning. My class starts in 30 minutes.

Okay, let's do this.

"Ayesha Mehra, a ticket to Mumbai. And the same day returns,  please."
I say and end the call that I had just made.

******"*

I couldn't leave Delhi instantly. The message would immediately reach my stepdad. But how long could this wait?

I left the hostel as quickly as possible. I had decided to bunk the entire day to reach Mumbai and get back to Delhi by tonight.

That seems to be the only solution. I can't delay meeting Sahil any further.

Mumbai didn't seem as welcoming as earlier. I reached Sahil 's house only to find hate notes stuck on his door. All bad. All are accusing Sahil. Tears filled my eyes. I picked up each letter and crushed them and put them in my bag.

I'll throw them in the bin. That's the place they deserve.

I rung the bell.

Once.

Twice.

Thrice.

No answer.

I ring the bell even harder this time. And after two attempts, Sahil opened the door. My heart sank as I looked at him.

His face had lost that shine and smile. His eyes were bloodshot, after crying so many times. His hair ruffled and grown now, fell on his face. His eyes met mine, and a mixture of emotions flashed through them.

Anger. Despair. Betrayal. Resentment. Helplessness. Lost.

And that broke me completely.

Tears cascaded my face as I continued to look at him. I could feel his eyes on mine, and before I knew it, his hands, we're wiping my face. His touch was cold as ice. He pulled me closer for a hug and tried to say that things are okay. But I could feel how alone he had become. How sad he had become. How lost he had become.

He pulled back and kissed my forehead. My eyes closed at his touch, leaving tears freely falling.

"What happened, Sahil?" I asked.

His eyes continue to linger on mine for seconds, conveying some emotion I can't quite understand.

He opens the door and lets me in.

****

I sat down on the comfortable black couch and looked around the house. It was filled with beer bottles at one corner. Some broken into pieces.
A couple of cigarettes lied in another turn along with a lighter. Newspapers were crushed and piled up on one side.

I looked around and found some pictures dangling and some photo frames which held pictures of himself and Rhea strewn on the ground.

The house wholly messed up.

I hear Sahil coming out of the bathroom. I see him wipe his face and comes closer to me. He sits down beside me, and then he suddenly hugged me tightly.

"Thank you, Ayesha" I hear him whisper and breakdown in my ear.

I responded by throwing my arms around his neck and hugged him back. I patted his back before shushing him.

After he had composed himself, he pulled back wet tears still brimming in his eyes. We continued to look at each other for a minute or two until the tears in his eyes had become quite dry before he broke away.

"I--" Sahil began. "I--"

"It's fine, Sahil. You don't have to explain yourself. I can understand."

Pause.

Pause.

"You have no idea how good I feel. I feel relieved that I finally have a shoulder to cry upon. I was so angry at everyone but mostly on myself. I--"

Pause.

I hear Sahil sniffing.

" Sometimes, I felt like I was trying to cling on to this life which didn't want me anymore. Others may think that I am overacting for just three failures, but only I know what it means to me — losing your parents hope and trust, betraying their dreams, my family, running away from home, my struggle to become an actor. The person whom I loved cheated on me, that friend who I considered the best and my brother, cheating with her."

"You put your complete effort for your films; it performs poorly, the director then wrongly accusing you so much that the other directors snatch away their movies from me. "

" I --" Sahil breaks down again.

"Shh. Sshh."  I say and pull him to a sideways hug so that my arms are around his neck and his head falls on my shoulder. I lean towards him and stroke his black hair and rub his shoulder. I feel cold drops dropping on my hands.

"Shh. The. It's okay, Sahil. Things are going to be better. "

We lay like that on each other neck comfortably.

******

Hey guys,

Hi, a long time isn't it? I had a lot of completing the notes work and guess what? I still haven't finished it.

Anyways, I have made a few changes with the previous chapters, and hopefully, they haven't made a big difference.

Thanks for reading my book, though!

Comment below your opinions and ideas. I really could do with some.

Thank you!

Love and Peace.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

607K 36.5K 41
"Kabir Malhotra, a 25-year-old, young, handsome, gym freak, always a hot topic among girls. He's known to be rude and doesn't care about anyone excep...
33K 3K 29
~Book 1 of Hidden Love Series~ "If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were." ♡ "I...
3.1M 172K 72
He is a psychopath. For her. #1 The Desi Psychopath Series The glass from her hand dropped and she was about to run towards her brother. But... "Shh...
498K 27.3K 105
If you're looking for a typical hot and handsome hero, then go ahead, read the story. But, if you're expecting a typical romance story - to bad, this...