Dreams: Rewritten | Ninjago R...

By WriterAgreste

[Major editing in process] In the land of Ninjago, people aren't always good, some are bad, others can fit i... More

Standing At Cliff's Edge
To Leave Behind
Paper On The Wind
Razed With The Rubble
A Rude Awakening
Not All Who Slither, Lie
Perfect Recipe For Mischief
In For A Shock
Few Centimetres Apart
Unwilling Rollercoaster Rides
Between Sons & Fathers
Eyes of White-Hot Flame
From Bad To Worse
Actions Have Their Consequences
Ninja ''Survive'' Real Life
Landlubbers Beware
Danger of the Doppelgängers
Speed, I Am Speed.
Woes of Finite Youth
What Broken Bones?
Paper Beats Rock
Retrieving The Scroll
Within The Undercurrent
It's MiCole Jackson!
Ticking Life Away
Sunglow Brilliance
Sweet Tea
Rebooted: The Bacteria Strikes Back
Storm of Emotion
Bruised
Storytime With Acidicus
The Digiverse
Arcturus
Space Ninja
Farewell
Purity, Virtue & Innocence
An Invitation
Snake Obsessed Dude
Lightning Vs Earth
Sister Versus Sister
Secret Alliances
Slither As Fast As You Can
Power Thief
Escape Attempt
The Greatest Enemy: Fear
Fight For Peace
The Moment He Waited For
Spooky Reasons
Ronin, I've Come To Bargain
Spooky Scary Temple
Ice-Scream
Writers of Destiny
It's a Trap
Utterly Riddled
Reverse
Queen of the Waves
Tea Time
Hi & Good Bi
Fame to Framed
Cat, Mouse & Fox
Behind Bars
Hexed
Checkmate
A ''Normal'' Day
Wishin'
Replacement Ninja Team, ASSEMBLE!
Nadakhan Will Pay
Day of the Departed
Memes and Ham Sandwiches
A Master's Secret Revealed
Blackout
Scrap Thieves
A Slow-Mo Fight
Attack on Temple
Risky Decisions
Stop, Wait a Minute
The Boiling Tea- I Mean Sea
It's Rewind Time
Enter Princess Pasta Hair
Simps and Explosions
The White Oleander
I Have Changed, Like You
You've Been Hacked
Quiet Wolf in Sheeps Clothing
If She Breathes-

Into The Serpent's Den

6.7K 227 615
By WriterAgreste

 The Score - Who I Am

That's who I am, oh

I'm a poet and a soldier

I am young and growing older

Without hope, but I'm a dreamer

I'm the cure, and I'm the fever

A/N: Executive dysfunction be like: writer's block x2

Last night, you had heard movement outside of your door, of footsteps that were heavier than any of the regular ninja. Except for one... or maybe two. Wary as you were at that moment the sheets of your comfortable bed had been too inviting to resist. But now you can't ignore it.

Slipping out of your bed, the warmth ebbed from your (s/c) skin, the wheelchair waiting for you to sit down on it. However, something in the corner of your eye caught your interest. A small slip of paper sat discreetly tucked beneath the door.

The bones in your legs might as well have been jelly with how you dragged yourself over to it, picking it up to read.

Dear (Y/n),

I saw what happened in control, would you like to talk about it?

Sincerely, Zane.

You couldn't help but feel a bit light-headed. Folding it up, you stuffed it in your pocket.

''Mx (Y/n), you came to talk?" Zane questioned, sitting on his bed as you wheeled into the room. He was the only one in there, as the others were currently training on the deck.

Your gaze briefly met his, stomach-churning in response to the thought as to what he would ask next. ''Yes.'' You finally answered, keeping your distance. The nindroid seemed to notice this, a small look of disappointment appearing on his face before it went back to being neutral.

''All this time... you were the Orange Ninja?" His question made you shuffle uncomfortably in your wheelchair. A few seconds passed and you nodded. ''I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable, (Y/n). I did not wish to do that.'' Zane's apology almost caught you off guard.

You let out a sigh, thinking. ''The idea of letting others find out is... frightening for some reason. I'm surrounded by humans, and yes, I know some of them well but there's this little voice in my head telling me I'd have the wake-up call of my life if I revealed it.'' It was hard to control the words that spilled from your mouth, so you took a sharp inhale once you finished, staring at Zane with anticipation.

''You can tell me.'' Zane's gentle reply came. He smiled, opening the chest panel to show his inner workings. You stared at it, unsure of what to say next.

''I... I'm not ready yet.'' You admitted, averting your gaze.

There was a knock on the door before Zane could add anything else. ''Hey, I need to get my Fritz Donnegan comics!'' Lloyd called out. The nindroid closed the chest panel, getting up and grabbing the comics left on the floor. Opening the door, he handed them to Lloyd who took them and left.

Once he had closed the door, Zane sat on the bed, silent. Eager to break the silence, you pulled out your sketchbook, flicking through it before stopping on the page with the falcon sketch. You gave it to the blond-haired nindroid, whose eyes widened as he took in each detail, studying it closely.

''It's great, Mx (Y/n), you've done a great job with the details, one day you'll become a great artist.'' Zane's smile was bright, clutching the paper. You felt your cheeks grow warm with the compliment.

''T-thank you, Zane...'' You put your hand up to your cheek, blinking a few times.

''You're welcome.'' He replied.

''See you,'' You quickly spoke. ''I'll be with the other boys.''

As you wheeled out, Zane watched, gripping the falcon sketch in one hand, his internal pulse quickening as warmth rose to his cheeks. A brief furrowing of eyebrows, and he followed.

''The Venomari's right. By the time we cast sail clear across the other side of Ninjago, Pythor will have already beat us to the last Fangblade.'' Nya announced to the group in the control room once the boys had returned from their mission, reporting all they could.

''Oh, come on, guys. This is the last one. We gotta get it. We gotta think of something.'' Jay told the others.

Cole put his thinking face on. ''Hmm.''

''Hey,'' Lloyd spoke to grab the group's attention. ''All we have to do is just get one Fangblade to stop him. What if we take back the other three? Pythor wouldn't risk having them all on him. He's probably hidden them somewhere while he goes for the fourth.'' Lloyd reasoned.

''It's so simple,'' Cole replied.

''Huh, why didn't I think of that?'' Kai questioned. You bit back a retort, deciding to keep quiet on that.

''It can't be that easy.'' Jay doubted.

''Easy? My algorithms suggest taking the other three would be far more dangerous. Pythor would undoubtedly have them protected by his top generals.'' Zane informed the others.

''Ha, finally. I don't have to hold back.'' Porcupine gleefully replied.

''Even if you could steal the other three, you don't even know where they are,'' Garmadon said.

''He's right. For the past few weeks, there have been almost no Serpentine sightings. How are they moving around?'' Wu inquired. ''It's like they're ghosts.''

''Spooky.'' You mumbled to yourself, remembering the hovering eyes. A cackle sounded in your head at that. A shiver rippled down your spine, making you warily glance around. Jay moved a step closer to you, looking concerned.

''Uh, are you alright?" The Lightning Ninja questioned, crouching a bit, still listening to the other's conversations.

''I thought I was hearing things.'' You shake your head, turning your attention back to the discussion.

''...They're snakes, right? Snakes burrow. Bridge, now give me a sonar sweep of Ninjago but twenty feet below surface.'' Nya faced the screen, the computer projecting a holographic map of Ninjago, tunnels appearing beneath the surface.

''All the tombs have been interconnected.'' Kai realised as he gazed at it.

''To make one massive underground fortress,'' Cole added.

''And all this time, right under our noses,'' Jay replied.

''Or rather, feet.'' Zane humourously suggested.

Kai pointed to the main base where the tunnels converged into a flat-top cone. ''There, that's the most protected area. The Fangblades must be held there.''

''Then what are we waiting for? Nya set the course.'' Wu urged.

''Already on it. We'll be there by sunup.'' Nya told the group.

Lloyd's disappointment came after Nya and the others (with Wu included) went to retrieve the Fangblades. You weren't so surprised, seeing as they did this most of the time. You did, however, pity the blond boy whenever it did happen. Even with the Green Ninja mantle being placed on his shoulders he was still eager to prove himself.

Knowing this, you were determined to help him have his moments where he could still be a kid and enjoy his childhood. After all, time can pass in the blink of an eye or slow right before your eyes.

The Green Bean poked his head into your room. ''Got any Fritz Donnegan comics?" He questioned. You looked at him with a nod.

''Sure, in the bottom left of the bookshelf.'' You gestured to where it was, Lloyd smiling and running towards it. He quickly found the comic he wanted.

''Thanks!'' He exclaimed, clutching it tight to his chest before rushing out of the room.

''You're welcome, kid.'' A warm smile appeared on your face, turning the next page of your book.

Lloyd walked into the control room, accidentally discovering his father stealing files.

''Transferring files.'' The computer spoke.

The Green Bean gasped. ''You're stealing?'' His question prompted his father to turn and face his son, astonished. ''Dad, my friends are risking their lives to save Ninjago, and you go behind their backs to gain an advantage?''

''I'm sorry, but I can't help it. Ever since the Devourer bit me, evil runs through my blood.'' Garmadon told him.

''You left me for so long. Where did you go?'' Lloyd inquired as his voice wavered.

''Son, there are places in this world void of any good. Dark places.'' His father informed him.

''Is that where Sensei found you?'' Green Bean once again questioned. You poked your head in, hearing the two talk. Remo sat on your shoulders, frowning.

''You know how I've always wanted those Golden Weapons, well, this place allowed me the power to possess them,'' Garmadon answered.

''But why didn't you take me with you?'' Lloyd asked further.

''Every boy has a choice to grow up to be whoever they want to be. But I never had that choice. Because I was bitten, evil runs through my veins. But you still have a choice. You don't need to be like me, Lloyd. Your uncle has a plan for you, and even though it may be to stop me one day, we have to follow our own destiny. And after I help the ninja stop Pythor, I'll need to leave again.'' Garmadon finished, his words bringing anger to his son.

''Then why don't you just leave now!?'' Lloyd yelled, pointing at him.

''Lloyd—'' Garmadon tried to reason.

''No, really! Go back to whatever evil place you came from.'' The Son of Garmadon told him, closing his eyes and turning his face away.

''Oh~'' Remo spoke, making a hiss that sounded like a laugh, causing the two to look your way as you huffed.

Nya's voice cut into the following silence, bits of static popping up. ''All right, Operation Stealth was a total bust. We're gonna need reinforcements. Anyone there?'' Nya asked, however, the young Green Ninja wasn't finished yet, which Garmadon soon found out as his son stopped him from reaching the computer.

''We don't want your help, and we don't need you here. Maybe it would've been better if you hadn't come at all.'' Lloyd turned away from his father, facing the screen.

''If...if that's the way you feel,'' Garmadon replied, turning and leaving. Your gaze briefly met his as he passed, wearing a neutral expression on your face.

Lloyd began to press a few buttons, accidentally pressing the one meant for the coffee machine. ''I'm trying to help, Nya. Just hold on.'' He told her.

You wheeled over, beginning to help him out while he was struggling, looking for the button. Remo helped out as well, however, he soon was preoccupied with pressing buttons. ''This is fun.'' The little snake happily spoke.

Lloyd pressed a few more buttons without success before he ran out of the control room. In confusion, you followed, Remo deciding to stay in there, pressing buttons.

''What are you doing, Lloyd?" You questioned.

''Suiting up!'' He responded, dashing into Sensei's room. Furrowing your eyebrows, you went in as well. The Green Bean held up what was now his Green gi, alongside the Orange gi. ''You can wear yours as well!'' The boy beamed at you as he held the gis.

''What-'' You stared at the gi. ''No, Lloyd, I'm-I'm not the Orange Ninja...'' You rapidly shook your head. ''...how would you even know?"

''I.. dunno.'' Lloyd's shoulders slumped at his sides, a dismayed look appearing on his face.

''Look, I'll wear different clothes, just not the gi.'' Even though you wanted to wear it... You've heard not much else about your prophecy aside from what Zane had previously said. Lloyd then watched as you exited the room, taking a bit of time before you returned into new clothes fitting for stealth.

Both of you went back to the control room, Lloyd slamming open the door. ''The Green Ninja and the Orange Ninja are here to save the day.'' He proclaimed, striking a heroic pose before he went over to where Remo was as he put on his hood, with you trailing behind.

''(Y/n)? Lloyd? Lord Garmadon? Is anyone there?'' Nya questioned as her voice came from the computer.

''It's us, Nya. I'm here. But my dad left. How are you guys holding on?'' Lloyd inquired, noticing static.

''Hey, Nya?" You fretted.

''We're fine, but we're a little held up at the moment,'' Nya answered, bringing you some relief. ''Our weapons have been taken, and we're locked in cages.''

''And Pythor's returned with the fourth Fangblade.'' The Earth Ninja added.

''Lloyd, where did your father go?'' Zane questioned.

''I-I told him to leave. He was trying to steal secrets.'' Lloyd sounded sad as he said this.

''Oh, big surprise there. I told you about that guy, but you guys wouldn't listen.'' Kai told the others.

''Kai, not the time for that.'' You huffed, crossing your arms, then hearing a small 'okay' from him.

''My dad's going back to where he came from. But don't worry, we'll save you.'' Lloyd informed the group.

''You're not ready, Lloyd. Your destiny is too great to risk. And (Y/n)-'' Wu began, making you roll your eyes.

''I hate to break it to you, Sensei, but if we don't get out of here before Pythor unleashes the Great Devourer, I think this will be the end of all our destinies,'' Cole told his Sensei.

''Ugh, we'll get you out of there in a jiff.'' Lloyd turned and rushed to the weapons cabinet and attempted to take a weapon but they all fell on him once it opened. ''Ouch.''

You eyed one of the weapons, approaching the pile the Green Ninja was trapped beneath. Leaning over a bit, you grabbed one and inspected it. It was a sai, which made you grab the other one on the floor. Might as well use it.

''This time, we're joining the fight.'' You told the Green Ninja with a grin.

While Lloyd was practising his moves, you were using your strength to bring the wheelchair up the mountain with you, not letting any obstacle get in your way. Lloyd grabbed the rope leading down into the darkness, while you got out of the wheelchair and folded it up before following.

Gazing at the drawings of the ninja that the Serpentine drew on the wall, you noticed one of you, in a wheelchair. With a sigh, you grabbed a marker and scribbled over it. Careful to not make a sound, you trailed behind Lloyd.

Kai turned his gaze upwards, spotting the Green hood of Lloyd. 'Hey, look up there. It's Lloyd.'' He told the others, who looked up as well. ''And (Y/n).'' He added once your face came into view.

''Come on, Lloyd. You're the Green Ninja. You can do this.'' Lloyd assured himself before tripping on a rock on his way down. ''That one hurt. Ow!'' He grunted, falling all the way down while you stared blankly as he did, confusing the onlooking Serpentine when he rolled into the crowd. ''I really gotta grow into this thing.'' He told himself, getting up. ''Well, if we don't meet again, Pythor. Unhand the ninja, or suffer humiliation against the Green Ninja!''

Pythor laughed, with the other Serpentine joining in. ''Oh, yeah? You and what army?'' He questioned mockingly.

''Uh, how about my army of fists?'' He punched and kicked, almost falling to the ground. More laughter and you were getting fed up with it.

You set down the slope in your wheelchair, speeding as the ninja watched, baring your teeth while Pythor grinned down at the boy. ''How about this one-person army?!" You yelled, knocking a few snakes to the ground upon reaching the bottom, with a Fangpyre trapped under you.

''Or this army?'' Gamradon shouted, standing in front of a mass of Skullkin warriors, bringing the Serpentine's attention to him.

''Dad!'' Lloyd exclaimed at the sight of his father.

''Lloyd, you helped me realize I do have a choice. And if there is anyone who is going to threaten Ninjago, it better well be me.'' Lord Garmadon told his son.

''That's not so reassuring...'' You muttered to yourself. The Fangpyre protested as you kept them under your wheelchair.

''It's me, your Fangpyre friend.'' The Serpentine spoke, snapping your attention to them.

With all the Serpentine and the ninja watching, it did not seem like the right time to act as allies. ''Not here, not right now.'' You told the Fangpyre in a whisper, who seemed dismayed before they gave a small nod.

''The Skeleton army? But why would they fight beside you? You betrayed them and Samukai long ago.'' Pythor replied, looking at the Lord of Darkness.

''Because everybody hates snakes!'' Kruncha retorted and the army laughed, while Remo did not look impressed at all.

''Attack!'' Pythor ordered the Serpentine.

''Attack!'' Kruncha ordered. Pythor took the Four Silver Fangblades as both sides fought, passing a lever that he pulled, making the cage with the others still in it descend towards the vat of venom.

''Hey, we're moving,'' Jay told the others.

''Yeah, the wrong way,'' Cole replied.

Joining the fray, you decided to use your sais, though you weren't the most skilled with the weapon. While this happened, your Fangpyre friend observed from afar, fist-pumping the air when you downed an enemy while eating popcorn.

''Lloyd!'' Nya called out to the boy, spotting him get to the lever while you fought.

He pulled the lever and the snake ropes that kept the ninja, Nya and Wu in their place disappeared. ''Told you we'd save you.'' The weapons and the Samurai suit were lowered.

''Go, ninja, go,'' Kai said and the group grabbed their weapons, while Nya and Wu jumped into the Samurai suit.

You grinned and send a few Serpentine running, holding out your hand as you ''high-fived'' Remo. When none of the ninja were looking, you sent an orange bolt of lightning at an oncoming group of Serpentine, making a few onlooking Skullkin point and laugh at them.

''So long, sucker,'' Pythor sneered, slithering away from Garmadon. Unfortunately for him, he bumped into Cole.

''Going somewhere?'' Cole questioned as he turned to the Anacondrai, holding out his scythe ready to fight.

''Oh, dear.'' Pythor hissed as Cole took the Fangblades, vanishing into thin air before the Earth Ninja's eyes. Remo narrowed his eyes at the sight of this.

''Where did he go?'' Cole glanced around, hoping to see the long-necked Serpentine.

''Who cares? We have the Fangblades. Let's get out of here.'' Kai replied, turning and using Spinjitzu to go up the slope. Following the others back up the slope, you had to put a lot of your strength into going up since gravity wasn't in your favour.

''Don't worry about us. We'll keep fighting the good fight.'' Nuckal reassured. Kai stopped to salute the Skullkin.

''I never thought I'd be saying this, but go, ninja, go!'' Kruncha cheered.

Upon getting on the Destiny's Bounty, Nya rushed to the control room, while you were on the deck, watching the Mountain of a Million Steps get further and further away from sight, your Fangpyre friend lingering in your mind.

Party music blasted from the speakers while overhead a disco ball hung from the roof, reflecting light. You turned to Lloyd with Nya doing the same as he walked in, looking sombre.

''He left, didn't he?" The Samurai Girl questioned, the Green Bean nodding. ''Then have some Snogfruit Punch. Cole made it, and it's actually not bad.'' He took the glass she offered to him. Nya looked at you, smiling, turning her gaze back to Lloyd as she raised her glass in a toast. ''To Lloyd's dad!''

''Hear, hear!'' You cheered with the others as you raised your glass.

''To Dad!'' Lloyd raised his with a more optimistic look on his face.

''Tomorrow, we arrive at Torchfire Mountain to destroy these Fangblades once and for all.'' Wu announced to the group. ''And it couldn't have been done without your father. I'm going to miss him.'' You looked to the Fangblades laid out on the table, gleaming in the light.

''Raise a glass to freedom!'' You cheered, lifting your glass higher as the others followed your action, then laughing as they downed their glasses.

While outside, a familiar Anacondrai appeared, looking through the window. ''You're going to miss more than him when I get through with you, ninja.'' He said as he laughed, once again disappearing as you looked outside.

[Placeholder text]

I had to translate this message manually :')

The wifi isn't the best here, damn it. I don't think any of you have noticed, but there are a few little treasures hidden throughout the book already, some of which that weren't in the OG. :)

Favourite chapter/title of the rewrite? I'm curious.

Don't forget to vote, go wild with your comments and share this story if you love it. <3

Without further ado,

See ya, Bookworms.

WriterAgreste, over & out!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40 3 1
So I just read this beautiful written Story about Lloyd, Nya and Jay. Because of their elemental powers, the three ninja feel a connection between th...
2.6K 66 9
THIS STORY IS DISCONTINUED, I am currently writing a new one and am leaving this one open for anyone who wants to read it! "Being transported into th...
26K 877 38
What if Lloyd wasn't actually meant to be the green ninja? What if it were someone else's fate, but they just never said anything? In this slightly-a...
37.6K 1.2K 47
𝙈𝙊𝙍𝘼𝙇 𝙊𝙁 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙎𝙏𝙊𝙍𝙔 [first book in the 𝙎𝙊𝙉𝙂𝙎 𝙊𝙁 𝘿𝙀𝘼𝙏𝙃 series] Nine teenagers in high school - completely normal, that is, u...