RWBY: Jaune, Warrior of Manki...

By RigaKika

Disclaimer: I don't own RWBY or the cover photo #2 in Jaune 4.5.2020 Huntresses, the beacon of hope or Human... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Vote
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11

Part 5

3K 37 12
By RigaKika

A/N: Jaune's devil fruit is now the glint-glint fruit or the Pika-Pika no mi, since most of my tests are finished, I'll be able to update more frequently than before. But with no further ado, let's get to the story!

Whitebeard looked in interest as Jaune pondered to himself, Jaune was just given a brief explanation of the two powers he would be gifted. All of a sudden, Jaune opened his eyes. "I'll take the devil fruit, whitebeard" he declared, waving his hand over the devil fruit, he grasped in his hand. suddenly, a bright yellow light overtook him, it blinded his eyes as a warm embrace covered his body. As he regained his sight an odd-looking patterned yellow fruit fell on his hands.

"Is this is? doesn't look devilish to me," Jaune critiqued, he shrugged off as he took a bite of it, not noticing whitebeard's full smile. as soon Jaune tasted he immediately tried to vomit it out, his fist pounding his chest as he tried to rid the disgusting taste from his mouth. All the while whitebeard was roaring in laughter.

As Jaune regained his composure, he took the bitten devil fruit and threw it across the room in a rage. Slinging out a string of curses as whitebeard. "You son of a bitch! You knew this would happen-" However Jaune's rant was quickly interrupted by a glave swing at his rear. A great menacing aura instantly affected his fight or flight instinct, his body in pain chose the latter.

'he's coming towards me with killing intent!' Jaune exclaimed fear gripped his mind as a giant man swang his even bigger blade, full intent on bisecting his body in two. Awaiting his oncoming death Jaune clenched his eye shut, he felt the glave go through his body and out. Surprisingly, as he opened his eyes he saw his fully intact body unharmed by the blade.

and the giant man who started this mess roaring with laughter. "Kid, you should've seen your face!" Whitebeard chuckled as he calmed down, "that is the power of your fruit, the Pika-Pika no mi or the Glint-Glint Fruit. It turns you into a being made out of light."

Jaune looked at his body with curiosity, he noticed a slight glow around the outlines of his body, "This is my power?" Jaune asked, thumped with disbelief.

"Yes Jaune, I want you to use it for a good and shit," Whitebeard grumbled, "but before you go, their things you need to know about what comes with this power, One, you lose the ability to swim and sink like a rock when in it as well as losing more than half your power. Secondly, your logia properties will be bypassed by the power of Armament Haki. Lastly, Remnant is a unique world as well as your soul and body, your body and soul must grow accustomed to this newfound power only when you are strong enough you can fully realise the capabilities of your fruit, the things that will be lost is your logia capabilities as well as your fruit's potential being cleaved in half."

Jaune nodded in understanding he noticed himself slowly fading away from the mindscape of him and whitebeard, the next thing he knew, Jaune was back in that same forest landscape along with a slowly awaking Cardin. Jaune picked Cardin up as both of them were hit with massive headaches, "Hey Jaune," Cardin said with his newly scarred face, deep scratches which seemed like he got them years ago were marked on his face, "what are we going to do now?" Cardin asked, his left hand clutching his head in pain.

"We train then we fight, we're going to turn the world upside down brother," Jaune exclaimed, looking ahead towards the sunset standing on the green grass of the Mistrali forests. Cardin looked up to Jaune in wonder and admiration, he didn't realise how much Jaune had grown until now. 'I made the right choice' Cardin thought before both of them dropped to the ground sleeping.

Arcadian Palace

Joan strutted across the grand halls of the Arcadian Palace, a palace that constructed by pillars of gold that held up the marble ceiling, paintings of previous arcs lined the walls of the Hall as Joan approached her Grandmother's room. her hand on the golden handle of the massive door that separated her and whatever 'surprise' that she wanted to talk about.

As Joan opened the door, she was greeted by the sight of her grandmother, Julia and a young despite her grey hair, tall blonde woman, "Ah, Joan you've arrived," Julia exclaimed offering her a seat in front of the two women. "Hello grandmother," Joan greeted as she took a seat in front of the two. "Joan, this is Diantha Ozuna the headmistress of Beacon Academy." "Please, Call me Ozuna" Joan and Ozuna shook each other's hands with a grin.

"I'm glad to see that Julia didn't lie about a strong, beautiful prodigy present in the Arc family." Ozuna stated, "I am sorry about that incident with your brother 7 years ago, I hear you two were close." Joan visibly hesitated but managed to keep her warm smile.

"Jaune and I were very close, although I have moved on from the incident, I wanted to keep his wish of becoming the strongest hunter and achieve it for him," Joan said, this struck a small awkward moment between the three but was quickly silenced by Julia.

"Joan we want to talk about your future, something.. unexpected has come up," Julia explained, looking at Ozuna to come up. "Joan, what's your favourite fairy tale?" she asked,

"It certainly would be the four maidens, the number of times I've heard it can make me say it off by heart" Joan chuckled. "Regale us with the story, we have plenty of time," Ozuna replied.

Once upon a time, humanity was fighting a hopeless battle against the Grimm, the dark gods fueling their power as huntresses could do nothing against their might. A single Beowolf could take a professional Huntress with little to no difficulty. However that is where the maidens came in, stuck in an eternal slumber by the dark lords, a single huntress went around the world awakening them from their sleep, and with the combined might of humanity and the maidens, they slew every single dark god. At the end of the battle, the maidens were exhausted and fell ill which lead them to their death. However 1 generation later 4 new maidens emerged and guarded remnant before falling to death.

as the cycle repeats itself again and again even to this day so maybe a maiden may be right beside you right at this moment.

Joan finished the story with a sigh as a small claps came from the other two. "One last thing," Ozuna said as she brought a set of toys onto the table. "Close your eyes and fuel your aura into it each toy you touch, after all of them pick the one you felt the connection with the most."

Although a little bit sceptical, Joan did what she was told and fueling her massive aura reserves into every toy, she picked a singular toy. the toy was unusual, as all of the other toys. There was no way a child were to pick up and play with it. it was a carved statue of a person, carved to extreme detail and alluring in a way. And her aura responded to that.

"I choose this one" Joan pronounced, signifying to the carved figure in her hand. her grandmother and Ozuna heaved a relieved sigh and smiled towards her. Julia put her hand on Joan, "Everything will be alright dear," at this point, Joan became even more confused.

"Grandmother, forgive me for interrupting. But what is happening? What's going to be alright?" Joan interjected, slipping away from her grandmother's grasp. fear gripped her ever so slightly as her hand hovered over the Crocea Moors. "You'll be coming with me Joan, We have a lot to talk about," Ozuna spoke menacingly before sending taking away Joan. "Trust me on this, you will become the strongest huntress Remnant has ever seen." Ozuna comforted her, eventually falling to her trust and followed her to the bullhead awaiting them outside the palace.

Mistrali Forests

Jaune took his greatsword as he cleaved through the grimm, it was not his first encounter with the Grimm but due to the lifestyle most men took, for Cardin, it was miles outside of his comfort zone. With his newly crafted dual maces after many hours of work, it took a lot out of Cardin facing minor Beowulf, and could barely run away from another one.

"Alright let's try this," Jaune said as he gathered a ball of light in his hand, looking at his target, the Alpha of the pack came charging in. In one swift movement, Jaune threw the ball of light, speeding towards the target with the speed of light, completely vaporising its head into a mushy, flaming ball of meat.

"How *gasp* the hell *gasp* did you do that?!" Cardin exhaustingly exclaimed, "It's called a devil fruit, pretty neat huh,"

Cardin looked towards the victim of that one shot and paled a the sight of the bloody decapitated corpse fading away with the mistrali winds. "Uh-huh," Cardin nodded.

"Talkin about powers, Couldya tell me about my ones?" Cardin asked he took a seat on a nearby patch of grass awaiting Jaune's explanation. "Oh right, your powers are called Haki, you currently have the power to wield two types. Kenbunshoku Haki is a form of Haki that allows the user to sense the presence of others, even if they are concealed from view or too far to see normally., the next is Busoshoku Haki is a form of Haki that allows the user to use their spirit to create, in essence, an invisible armour around themselves, providing potentially incredible offensive and defensive capabilities. Although, according to my teacher, I have barely even touched the surface of the power of haki." Jaune chuckled, however to Cardin, this was not a joke at all. 'The fuck does he mean he hasn't unlocked his full potential! he's already strong as fuck!'

"Alright let's get you training, we wouldn't want you to you to die out here would you?" Jaune joked again, but this time Cardin fainted with only one thought circulating his mind,'did I make the right choice of following this guy?'

A/N: Jaune is training Cardin! But to be honest I'll just timeskip a few months, It'll be really tedious and boring going through the progress of both Jaune and Cardin, for the sake of pushing the story forward, I'll skip most of Jaune and Cardin's training. Anyways, If you like this part give it a vote, drop a comment if you want to review it, suggest something or just want to talk and give me a follow if you want to stay up to date with my stories!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

DARK By Takajo

Fanfiction

102 0 19
In the world of Remnant where humanity struggles against Grimm, four young souls: Daemon, Kyrenia, Agate and Reina travel to Beacon academy in order...
341K 5.3K 25
The world of Remnant is home to many mysteries and myths. Y/N one of the very few who knew the truth was highly capable to combat these threats but e...
8.9K 106 8
Jaune always wanted to be one of the best heroes to have ever lived. So he sneaked his way into Beacon, the place he dreamed of being. He name some n...
89.8K 1.3K 14
Remnant, a world full of fight. Humans vs Grimms, Humans vs Faunus, and even Humans fight themselves. Between all of those fight, stand one man. The...