Our Worlds (An Islamic story)

By Dilaras_Destiny

Hajara and Sarah are muslim high school girls from the 2070's. They have a normal teen life but when their pa... More

First day of school
I'm Sorry
Birthday
War
Surprise!
Introduced
shopping
Wedding
Her day off!
Under the same roof
My love for her
The War Begins
Home alone
I hate life!
The new beginning
Marriage!
Alone
School
School trip
Lost and Found
Anniversary!
Having Fun!
Surprise meeting!
Kidnapped!
The shocking Kidnapper
Moving out!
Our endless love (Epilogue)
Check out the next sequel...

Married life

436 41 7
By Dilaras_Destiny

Hajara POV:

I got up to face another day of school again. Groaning I looked at the clock, it was 7:30, I lazily got up and started getting ready after banging on Sarah's door. "SARAH GET UP!" I yelled for the last time. I quickly wore my blue abaya and transformed my hair into a messy bun and slipped on my headscarf  making sure it was securely wrapped. 

"Girls, wear some makeup today because you need to look good in front of you husbands." My mom yelled from the kitchen happily. I rolled my eyes but still followed her orders obediently even though I had no liking towards makeup, aren't they suppose to like the way how we are?  I took my mascara, eyeliner, light pink lipstick and applied them on. They weren't too much but simple, just like how I wanted myself to look. Not under the spotlight!

"Why mom? Doesn't Benyamin already like my face the way it already is. I hate makeup!" Sarah groaned storming to her room.She finally gave in at last and listened to my mom, adding light makeup to her face similar to mines.  

As yesterdays memories flooded my mind, I grossed out. Yuck I was kissed by a man! I would've backed away from him if I knew he would do such thing but what can I say... I was paralyzed with fear.

"Sarah and Hajara, the boy's are going to be here in ten minutes to pick you girls up. Be ready!" My mom yelled, shattering my thoughts.

I quickly ran downstairs and wore my shoes hastily while my mom came to hand me our lunches. "You girls gotta learn how to cook. Mom can't cook for you all the time and what are you going to feed Yusuf and your future kids? I don't want to see my favourite nephew Yusuf and grand kids starve!" My mom ranted.

"Thanks Mom, I love you!" I interrupted, placing a kiss on her cheeks trying to stop her from rambling. That's when the door bell rang loudly interrupting our conversation. 

"Oh I believe the boys are here dear," Mom ran towards the door, slightly opening it revealing Yusuf. "Assalamualaikum, Yusuf how are you son?" She beamed energically, pinching his cheeks tightly.

"I'm fine auntie. Is Hajara and Sarah ready?" He grinned politely, hugging his aunt after rubbing his red cheeks.

"Yeah Hajara is but... SARAH ARE YOU READY?" My mother yelled furiously. "Aww, you guys already are falling in love, no wonder you were coming to pick her up." My mom cooed, overexagerrating things while Yusuf flushed red.

"YEAH MOM, COMING!"Sarah shouted from upstairs.

"Auntie, you were the one who told us to pick them up remember?" Yusuf arched his eyebrow and looked at my mom wierdly as if she knocked her head in the wall or something.

My mom ignored him and shooed us away. "Yeah take Hajara in the car, make sure you take care of her properly she's my favourite daughter and your my favourite nephew." Yusuf's eyes landed on me for the first time and he gave me a hard long stare, studying me. 

"Moom, I'm not a baby I can take of myself." I complained knowing that my cheeks were already heating up. Can't he stop staring? 

Mom quickly shooed us out of the house, not wanting to talk to us anymore. I silently followed Yusuf to his car and noticed Benyamin at the drivers seat gripping the wheels. 

"What are you doing here man? I mean at my seat." Yusuf fumed, gripping the car's door handle. "You can't even drive properly, I don't want you to make a fool of yourself in front of your wife on the first day."

"Please bro, I love you. I' ll give you chocolate. I'll do your laundry which means even your underwears... pleaassse." Benyamins whined giving his brother the puppy eyes, making me giggle. Yusuf on the other hand was blushing furiously. 

Benyamin looked at me for the first time noticing my presence. " Assalamualaikum, dear sister in law didn't notice you there. I'm sorry about my brothers manners, this stupid didnt even invite you to sit in the car. You can make yourself comfortable in the back." He told me as I got in. "ANYWAYS, where was I?

"Out!" Yusuf yelled at him. Ouch, poor Benyamin!

"Please bro, your underwear?" Beyamin begged, forgetting my existence again.

"Fine." Yusuf shouted, defeated. "There is a lady in our presence, so please control the mouth of yours."  Yusuf was about to sit in the seat next him in the front when Benyamin yelled at him. "Bro, this seat is reserved for my wife, go sit with your wife in the back don't be the shy one. I thought my sister in law was shy but noo ... my brother here just proved me wrong." He dramatically sighed. 

By now Yusuf was completely red out of embarrassment and totally lost his temper. "BENYAMIN, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?" He said slapping him lightly on the shoulder. "Fine lets see how you communicate with your wife." He said slamming the car door shut and slumping down beside me in the back. "And if you crash, your dead!" He pointed out.

"Just for your information if the car crashes, I'll be dead anyways and so will you and so will everyone." Benyamin rambled on like a wise old man rubbing his chin.

"Ok I get it, you can shut up now." Yusuf deadpanned, putting a hand up and silencing him.

"Awww, someone is in loovvve." Benyamin laughed, turning his head over his shoulders and peaking at me and Yusuf. Yusuf managed to give him another light slap on his shoulders before turning around to face the window again.

 "Ouch!" He rubbed his poor arm. "By the way, speaking of my wife where is she?" He asked, looking around, pointing the question at me. That's when Sarah decided to make her grand appearance, she dashed out of the door and took her seat beside Benyamin in the front.

"Assalamualaikum, sorry I''m soo late," Sarah murmured to Benyamin who's jaws dropped all the down just by looking at her. Crushes!

"Shut your mouth already, bro!" Yusuf smirked making Benyamin turn red in return. Sarah raised her eyebrows at me confused and I just simply smiled shaking my head from side to side.

"Walaikum assalam," Benyamin replied shyly while me and Yusuf laughed out at his sudden mood change. The drive to school was a peaceful because no one talked, the silence was rather comforting and pleasant. 

In no time we were all headed to our classes, me and Yusuf headed together for math class in silence. 

"We are already late." he mumbled looking at his watch.

"Sorry for Sarah!" I apologized.

"That's okay." He replied looking ahead. 

We both decided to run together to class because our school was really big, basically a maze which took us time to get to each class. My asthma suddenly decided to hit me hard while I was running. Great!

 I quickly grabbed onto the walls for support, Yusuf noticed me not with him and he quickly rushed to my side. "Hajara are you ok?" 

"Yeah, my .... asthma," I panted, running out of breath as I leaned against the wall trying to regain my breath. 

"It's ok, we don't need to run." He held my hand gently and hugged me until I regained  my normal breathing rate. 

We walked to class hand in hand which weirdly gives me more strength. When we enter our class, Ms. Brown looked at us angrily. "GUYS, why are you two late?" Everyone's eyes were suddenly on us, some girls eyed me in jealousy and others just gave us curious glances like who would expect me to be with the handsome boy in school? For the information, Yusuf didn't even look muslim, he had those blonde hairs and good-looks.

"Umm... Hajara got sick on the way and I had to help her." Yusuf said truthfully. I noticed my hand still interwined with his and I slowly moved my hand away from his. Oops, thats probably the reason why everyone was looking at us!

"Ok, you two can have a seat," Ms. Brown growled. I quickly took my seat beside Hannah and tried avoiding all the unnecessary attention that was publicly thrown at me. I know what was waiting for me at lunch time, everyone was going to dump me with their nosy questions. Why was I holding the popular guys hand?

 Hannah raised her eyebrows. "What was that all about? I thought you don't talk to boys?" I pretended I didn't hear her. "Hajara is everything ok? You know it's forbidden to stay with guys who are not your mahrams." She asked me curiously, worry evident in her eyes.

"Yeah--" 

"Hajara, I don't want you committing sins, your my best friend and I didn't expect this from you. Your sins are doubled because you are a Hafizah, Hufaaz's are expected to be on the good side right?" she fumed, I could literally feel the invisible steam coming out of her ear. 

For the information, Hannah was like my second mom when she's lost her temper. She cares about me too much and when I'm in trouble ... she always helps me out through her motherly lectures that just forces you to drop down and sleep. Don't get me wrong, she's the best friend I could ever ask for. We both stuck out for each other and saved each others backs when we were in trouble in life. We've both have known each other since birth making it quite easy for Hannah to dictate my life which I didn't mind at all. 

"Hajara you are not listening!" She yelled, snapping her fingers in front of my face.

"He's my husband plus my cousin." I blurted out. I couldn't handle this anymore! 

Hanna froze and scrunched her face. "Are you trying to mess with me?"

"No." I looked away, "On the weekend, we had our Nikkah. We were both shocked to find out about our arranged marriage but we had to do it because of the upcoming war. Otherwise, the wedding would take place after our graduation." I whispered quietly.

"And you didn't tell  me?" Hannah looked hurt.

"Sorry we were barely in the house, I couldn't call you. I mean I was in such shocked state myself, I didn't know what to do. Anyways, we are moving to Canada soon in January or Feburary." 

"Yeah, We are going back to Afghanistan in two days and living there until the war is over. I'll miss you a lot." Hannah whispered becoming all teary. I hugged her tight after hearing this awful news. 

We were going to be seperated wether we liked it or not!

"I guess we are fair now, hiding secrets from each other. Sorry!" I smiled apoligestically, "It's ok Hannah, you can come over to my house in Canada and make sure to bring your kids." 

"Sure, I will." she hugged back rolling her eyes.

"GIRLS, PAY ATTENTION! Hajara I'm expecting an average of ninety percent from you." Ms. Brown cried, I could feel Yusuf intense gaze burning my back, out of thousands of students. 

***          ********                  ************             ***************     

Yusuf POV:

After math, yup the boring math class, I got out of class with my friends as quick as possible. No one wanted to hear Ms. Brown yell, she was already annoying as it is, she picked on random things to yell about. Hajara walked out behind me with Hannah at her side engrossed in their conversation, she looked utterly adorable as usual. 

"Man why do you keep looking at her, do I need to arrange a marriage or something?" Ibrahim teased with a huge smirk on his face. 

"Yeah, man what happened between you two? Why were holding her hand?" Jacob asked, he was a classmate of mines in math.

"She's my .... uh girlfriend." I said guiltily. I shouldn't tell anyone that she's my wife just yet!

 Ibrahim raised his eyebrows while Austin and the other guys in the group were stunned by my words which they were sure would never leave my mouth. I didn't do relationships, I was a muslim!

"When did Yusuf have a girlfriend, that's news and when did Hajara even date?" Jacob scoffed unbelievingly, "Wow man, I am impressed!" He smiled and clapping me in the back. "Looks like some improvement!"

"Yusuf, come with me for a sec," Ibrahim ordered, clearly annoyed by my words. I got up and followed him to the corner of the locker room.

 "Girlfriend?" He shrieked, ready throw a painful punch. "Do I really I have to remind you that we are a Muslim? We do wife's not girlfriends." 

"Woah, woah, woah, hold your horses my friend. But while your hold your horses remember to not to tell this to anyone." I said looking around weirdly, making sure no one heard me.

"What did you do this time?" Ibrahim sighed in annoyance.

"Married Hajara." I literally whispered making sure no one heard me.

 Ibrahim rolled her eyes,"Does her parents know?" He asked. Why is he making it sound like I commited a crime?

"No. I married her and then eloped with her, basically I kidnapped her and then forced her to marry me." I said sarcastically.

Ibrahim just stared at me with a poker face. "Wow, I'm glad you at least married her." He said rolling his eyes with the same sarcasm. "At least your Halaal." 

"Kidding, why would I do such thing? Her parents are my maternal and paternal uncle." I laughed. "They were the one who planned it."

Ibrahim nodded, not even looking shocked. "Oh I knew it, no wonder the lover boy is always looking at his wife all the time." He smirked, giving me a playful punch on the shoulder. "Well congrats, I hope you guys have like twenty kids and I give you my blessing to see her every minute." 

I smiled back like an idiot as we walked back to our group of friends. Wait, did he just say twenty kids? 

"I am not having twenty kids, are crazy? I can't have Hajara dying on me." I grumbled as Ibrahim laughed it away. 

Everyone looked at us when we come close to the group. Austin got up with a frown etched on his faces and let everyone know that he was going to the washroom for a break. Why do I feel a dull aura coming out of him?

"What's up with him?" Ibrahim asked. Jacob shrugged not knowing!

I knew something was up.

Hajara POV:

Me, Hannah and Aisha were in the cafeteria eating and having our normal conversation at lunch. When Aisha heard about my wedding news from Hannah, she jumped on me hugging me really hard. "Soo who's the lucky guy?" she yelled in excitement.

"Yusuf." I stated simply.

"OMG, you mean the Yusuf sitting right there, the handsome one." She pointed at Yusuf and his group of friends. "The one that everyone is dying to have as a boyfriend as."

 I rolled my eyes at her silliness. "Yes, don't point, he's going to notice us." I said swatting at her hand down.

"So what if he sees? He'll be really happy that you talk about him," She giggled.

"Shut up girl!" I smiled. My stomach started hurting all of a sudden and I started feeling cold all over my body, I had the sudden urge to throw up all at once. Why did I come to school when I knew I wasn't feeling well?

"Guys, I'm going to the washroom." I quickly got up ran towards the washroom but ended up running into a guy instead. 

A guy? Eww not again!

 I looked up to meet Austin. "Hey, where are you going?" He snarled coming dangerously close to me, making me take steps back until my back hit the wall hard. He came closer and closer leaving no space at all. Personal space man! 

I sure need to learn Karate soon.

There was no one in the halls, it was deserted. Should I still scream? Will I be heard? Will he hurt me?  I should have brought one of the girls with me.

"Why are you Yusuf's girlfriend? I thought you don't do girlfriends." He snarled at my face. I pressed my body against the wall to avoid the closeness of his body. Why does boys have to be so annoying?

"I d-don't." I stuttered.

"Stop lying, no girl has ever refused me. You are the first." He looked poisonously at me bringing his face close to mine. Eww! I can't hold my vomit in anymore. I threw up on his shirt, yeah take that! At least I can fight now!

One point for Hajara!

I giggled out loud while his face turned red with anger, he raised his fists to punch me. Suddenly a hand grabbed his fist and twisted it, stopping him at once. I felt my body tremble and shiver all at once and my legs lost its strength. I immediately lost my balance and crashed on the floor.  

"Don't ever touch Hajara, she's not my girlfriend. She is my  freakingwife! Am I being clear for your stupid brain? She will refuse you because she already has a husband." Yusuf hissed close up in his face holding him by collar, he pushed him away roughly not before punching him in the stomach. 

My vision became blurry and I immediately stumbled into darkness.

Yusuf Pov:

I quickly rushed to Hajara's side and looked at her lifeless body resting on the cold tiled floor of the locker room. All I know right now is that she's my wife and she comes first before my life. I quickly picked her fragile body up in my arms and carried her to my car. 

Screw school and my academics, I just wanted to keep punching Austin for the rest of my life. How could he touch a girl without her permission and Hajara out of all girls?

My eyes suddenly landed on Sarah who was walking by with her fgroup od friends giggling. "Sarah, come here!"

"Yeah?" She smiled, striding towards me.

"Your sister has fainted." I pointed towards the car. "We have to go to the hospital now. A.S.A.P." 

Sarah's smile fell instantly and she quickly got in the car as I drove to the nearest hospital. Sarah sat in the back with Hajara's head on her lap as she stroked her head. "Why didn't you call the ambulance and what happened? Why is she unconscious? Did you guys fight?" She asked bombarding me with sudden questions all at once. 

"I don't know. The ambulance are going to take long anyways plus I don't want men paramedics to touch a girl who has never been touched by men. I'd rather drive her instead and how she fainted is a long story." I said all in one breath. 

She nodded feeling bewildered.

***********************************************************************

At the hospital, the doctors let us know that she will be waking up in an hour or so. 

"She fainted because of fear and it seems that she had high fever which triggered her unconsciousness even more." The doctor said professionally feeling for her pulse. I kept a firm grip on Hajara's hand the entire time while tears slid down Sarah's cheeks. 

Meanwhile, both my parents and her parents rushed in together to see how Hajara was faring. "Son, did I not tell you to look after her?" My aunt yelled. 

"I tried, Auntie." I looked down feeling guilty. 

"Yusuf, what did you do? You' re her husband  and your suppose to look after my niece." My mom yelled, clearly annoyed. I zoned out not caring about her lectures anymore, all I wanted was  Hajara eyes to fly open anytime soon.

In the corner of my eye, I noticed Benyamin hugging Sarah and calming her down. When did Benyamin come? 

Few strands of hair seemed to be out of Hajara's scarf. I quickly tucked them in before Benyamin could see things that he shouldn't. 

An hour later Hajara's eyes opened slowly. "Where am I?" She panted, her breath ragged. She tried to get up but wavered a little feeling dizzy. My aunt quickly held her, balancing her upright before she slumped back on the pillow. 

"You're in the hospital honey." My aunt confirmed sadly hugging her daughter tightly as if she will loose her any minute. "What happened dear?" She asked loosening the hug a bit and looking at her.

"Mom, don't bombard her with question! She just regained her consciousnesses." Sarah said irritated. 

Hajara stayed quiet for sometimes and looked around the room frantically. Her eyes showed fear and I knew she was scared of boys even more now because of my stupid friend Austin. That idiot! 

"Where's Yusuf?" She whispered quietly searching for me.

"He's right there. I'm sorry my son is a devil he couldn't fulfill he's rights as a husband." My mom said throwing me a death glare, clearly wanting to slap me. 

Hajara's eyes land on me and what happened next was unexpected. She jumped on me and gave me a tight embrace leaving me shocked in front of everyone. 

Benyamin's  face changed into shock as he cleared his throat ordering everyone to leave the room giving us some personal space. "Please don't do more than hugs." He mouthed as he left the room with the others closing the door behind. I knew she was a bit dilirious because of her fever. 

 I hugged her back in response. "Thank you, Yusuf." She whispered. 

 Time stopped for us letting us stay like that for quite a while. "I love you Hajara. I'll always be there for you." I confessed looking into her blue orbs.

She smiled brightly and I smiled back in response placing a kiss her on the lips. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.6K 1.9K 45
A hijabi Pakistani girl named Fanaa goes to high school to become something great that could save people from the bad world. Going to school everyday...
41.5K 2K 16
Marrying your cousin might seem ok with people who follow such practices but what happens when Samaira, a girl of today's gen hailing from a modern y...
2K 280 35
Life in USA was great for Miskiyyah and her family. She and her siblings, Dhikratullah and Dhikrullah(twins) was born over there. Work brought her pa...
4.6K 80 8
"I don't care. I don't care if you wear a scarf over your head. Or if you prefer to wear long sleeves and pray five times a day", he inches closer. "...