Little Miss McGonagall.

By I-Got-Krusty-Krabs

Following the death of her dear husband, Minerva McGonagall is left to do the one thing she had never imagine... More

1979.
Dursley.
Dumbledore.
"She's five."
For the First Time.
Child on the Brink.
Beatriz Isobel Urquart.
Escapes and Traps.
Nicolas Flamel.
Controlled.
Innocent Eyes.
Returns.
Second Year Sparks.
Third Year Fancies.
Wolf on the Mend.
Year 3 Won't End.
Welcoming Speech.
New Students.
Shopping in the Snow.
12 Grimmauld Place.
Professor Umbridge's Fatal Attack.
Missing Home.
The Burrow.
Slug's Club.
17th Birthday.
Studying Muggles Alone.
Fighting your Demons.
Time to Stop.

Child.

2.8K 51 9
By I-Got-Krusty-Krabs

Emerald eyes shone with beauty into the empty, cold halls of the school. It may have been the end of summer but Scotland never hit particularly high temperature and the stone walls kept out almost all of the heat that was offered. No students wandered through, no loud steps or worry to be held as they were all at home. Like nothing was wrong for the school but a certain wizard was still on the rise and his followers were not disappearing at any time.

"Mama." Was laughed out and Minerva looked down at her little girl. Raven hair met shoulders as the thin strands danced about with mischief. A white, lace baby grow was worn and a pair of little shorts had been pulled on. The white bib was fitting for what she wore as lace ran down the centre and the brown shoes that she wore matched nicely with the green and varying shades of brown shorts. Little flowers decorating the top to bottom of them as they were elasticated at the waist and the thighs.

"Come on darling." The thin hand was stretched all the way down to the child as she ran and would then jump randomly. Thick thighs would wobble as she did this and Minerva couldn't stop looking at her as she moved. Large smiles being given as the few teeth that she was able to present were given for a show. Pink lips pursed before they flattened out and a smile was given again. It was such a large smile that her eyes ended up having to close just for the accommodation of it.

"Minerva, there you are. Is it not bedtime? I was just hoping to have a conversation was all." Minerva let a small second pass before casting a look over her little one and she then nodded at him.

"She needs a bath and then she will be off to bed so can we talk during it?" Albus agreed with a smile and accepted the only one-armed hug. It was apparent that Minerva wasn't going to let all of her grip on the girl go. She never did.

Once in the bathroom the small girl was stripped and placed in the bath. Black hair being washed and toys splashing into the water. Water had soaked all of the surroundings, after the shampoo and conditioner were done though the girl was left to play. Robes of bright green and some black were worn and also wet but not enough to worry the woman.

"If Harry should be attacked, and I believe it to be soon. Sirius is currently watching over the house, but when it does happen we must take him to those already chosen. Minerva, I just ask that you take the day after the attack to see the Dursley family and get to know their lives. To put your mind at ease because I am aware of how unsettling you found it that he is to be left with this family. He must be taken from any of the danger. He is a child and if I believe him to be in danger it must be done." Minerva glanced over her child and felt uneasy. It was no doubt that any child could be a handful but her daughter, she was able to do magic that was for sure. That isn't even bringing the topic of her behaviour into question.

"I have a child Albus. One that I don't let out of my sight, for a reason, and you should know that I can't even begin to comprehend what it is that runs in her head but it is never good. Every kind and sweet thing she does is rather suddenly topped off with a mound of mayhem." As if she knew they had been in conversation with one another about her all of the splashes and talking stopped from the small one.

"I can care for her. Beatriz means bringer of joy to others for a reason and I assure you that I feel that joy." Minerva arched her eyebrow at how cocky he was being. He had no clue about how much effort went into caring for the baby.

"She is cute for a reason. If she wasn't so dazzling it would be too difficult for her to get away with half the things she does. Luckily she hasn't learnt any fun words that have crude meanings. Despite Snape or Hooch's attempts to colour her language up." Sounds of bare skin moving against the bath alerted the pair to the baby and her movements.

"As troublesome as her father was. Persistent too I can bet." Blue eyes looked down on the green ones as the bbay waited to be lifted out of the bath. A towel had been lifted by Minerva and she was getting ready to take her out before sighing and picking her up.

"Fine but if I even get suspicious of you two I will be taking her away from school. The house may be as empty as this girl's breakfast bowl but that doesn't mean I won't go back. Albus, this will be my first time as a teacher again and frankly, I'm not ready for that. Beatriz and I were comfortable in my foolproof retirement plan and then you insist on me coming back to Hogwarts. Just, keep her safe and for the love of Merlin, don't take your eyes off of her. There is a reason that I am so careful with her." Albus agreed and walked out. A little sadder than before and for the life of her, Minerva couldn't figure out why.

"Come on, Sherbet." Bouncing and making a mess Beatriz managed to soak Minerva but quickly a suit was pulled on. Poppers ran up the front and at the leg area but magic had to be used as she was too busy being naughty. The nappy had barely been put on when she was up and off.

"Into bed." Was cast and a squeal was sounded like she expected to be chased but Minerva was quick to walk up to her and catch her. Once in a hold though her little arms wrapped around Minerva's neck and kisses, open-mouthed kisses were placed on the older woman's neck. Minerva loved her hugs and couldn't stop the slight delay in her steps. The slight hesitation wasn't long as the small baby bed was seen and used. A little room fit for a witch.

Minerva laid her down and sat beside her, a book in hand and shortly after little eyes were covered in the thin eyelids, a small noise escaped the little nose that was slightly blocked. From there the older witch left and walked into the front room of her quarters and began to read the latest in the news. Not that it was too much of a shock. What was a shock though was the door that smacked open. Nimble fingers closing the pages and then looking up. It was a look few received from her since teaching had been given up but Albus was her first victim of the year.

"I just wanted to make sure that tomorrow was all sorted." Minerva nodded and seemed exasperated with him as he peaked his head and body through the door before winking and leaving her. She wasn't able to stay awake for much longer as heavy eyes fell and she forced herself to stand and head into her bed for the next day.

When the morning had come Minerva had woken up an hour earlier than she had when she taught last but children never did keep to the timetable. Awake and wired before adults had a chance to make it out of bed. Beatriz was particularly bad and Minerva was always conscious of that.

"Mama. Go ou' pwease?" Small hands clasped as she begged to leave. Pyjamas were strewn all across the sofa and hands wiped the sleep out of them until a conscious effort was made to stand up.

"We have to get changed first, baby." Minerva stood and took the child's hand. They walked slowly until a small room was located and clothes could be pulled on. The walls were just like the rest of the castle but the contents held things for a child.

The castle was cold and Beatriz was going to be up to less than before. No free roam and so she would be a lot colder. Not that it mattered as warmer clothes got the girl through the chilly days and night. For that day though it would be a day of greeting the students and lessons started only the day after.

A mustard dungaree dress was pulled on and a white shirt was buttoned up. It had little blue dots on that were so small they were difficult to differentiate from one another. A thick yellow ribbon was tied in her hair and the black was contrasted with. Like a bee, her black shoes were a match. The white sets of stripes that ran horizontally across the soles of the shoes met with the white of the top.

"You look gorgeous." A wide and toothy grin was all that Minerva got in reply as Beatriz pulled at the tops of the frilly black socks before jumping up and trying to get Minerva to leave. By the time Minerva had dressed herself, her daughter was on the floor and upset at the neglect that had been shown to her. The yellow buttons that ran up the skirt were pulled at but they were so large that her palms struggled to get around them.

"Mama." Was spoken over and over as the child was waiting for the time to go. Minerva hadn't taken her out as soon as was mentioned and Beatriz wasn't one to forgive unless food was provided. Or if she had a toy bought for her. By the time the pair had left the room though Beatriz was settled down and playing with her mother's hat and glasses. Often they were taken off and tired hands had to put them back onto her face. Being a mother was rewarding but with a child that was almost two, it became more of a form of discipline on the child and adult.

"Right, now that we are all here shall we begin?" As Minerva stepped over the boundary to the staff room he spoke and she sat near to the front. The child was wriggling and with the door closed, McGonagall let her break free of her grasp. A light tapping was heard as she ran all through the room and touched the walls. A few times the staff had to lift the items at their feet to stop the child from taking them.

"As we know there is a great danger facing the world as we know it. This next year is going to be vital to not only our futures but to the children's and also the Muggle world, be on guard and don't talk about the outside world while in class. We cannot bring down the air in this school with his wretched name." Staff knew that Dumbledore would have preferred to keep his words light but he couldn't. The vital nature of it all would make it inappropriate for him to make light of the situation.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.8K 404 17
Joining Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in her fifth year, Avalon quickly learns that the wizarding world is submerging into a darkness th...
236 17 17
Loneliness drives emotion like nothing else. And Minerva McGonagall is more aware than most. After acting on years of pent-up feelings and finding su...
29.3K 528 17
Y/n is Tom riddle's daughter. Y/n and Harry met on the train when they bumped into each other by the trolly. Y/n transferred to Hogwarts at year 4 du...
152 24 31
A story of a missing child. A egg that has fallen from her nest into the paternal arms of another, herself and the world around her unknowing of her...