Dreams: Rewritten | Ninjago R...

By WriterAgreste

[Major editing in process] In the land of Ninjago, people aren't always good, some are bad, others can fit i... More

Standing At Cliff's Edge
To Leave Behind
Paper On The Wind
Razed With The Rubble
A Rude Awakening
Not All Who Slither, Lie
Perfect Recipe For Mischief
In For A Shock
Few Centimetres Apart
Unwilling Rollercoaster Rides
Between Sons & Fathers
Into The Serpent's Den
From Bad To Worse
Actions Have Their Consequences
Ninja ''Survive'' Real Life
Landlubbers Beware
Danger of the DoppelgΓ€ngers
Speed, I Am Speed.
Woes of Finite Youth
What Broken Bones?
Paper Beats Rock
Retrieving The Scroll
Within The Undercurrent
It's MiCole Jackson!
Ticking Life Away
Sunglow Brilliance
Sweet Tea
Rebooted: The Bacteria Strikes Back
Storm of Emotion
Bruised
Storytime With Acidicus
The Digiverse
Arcturus
Space Ninja
Farewell
Purity, Virtue & Innocence
An Invitation
Snake Obsessed Dude
Lightning Vs Earth
Sister Versus Sister
Secret Alliances
Slither As Fast As You Can
Power Thief
Escape Attempt
The Greatest Enemy: Fear
Fight For Peace
The Moment He Waited For
Spooky Reasons
Ronin, I've Come To Bargain
Spooky Scary Temple
Ice-Scream
Writers of Destiny
It's a Trap
Utterly Riddled
Reverse
Queen of the Waves
Tea Time
Hi & Good Bi
Fame to Framed
Cat, Mouse & Fox
Behind Bars
Hexed
Checkmate
A ''Normal'' Day
Wishin'
Replacement Ninja Team, ASSEMBLE!
Nadakhan Will Pay
Day of the Departed
Memes and Ham Sandwiches
A Master's Secret Revealed
Blackout
Scrap Thieves
A Slow-Mo Fight
Attack on Temple
Risky Decisions
Stop, Wait a Minute
The Boiling Tea- I Mean Sea
It's Rewind Time
Enter Princess Pasta Hair
Simps and Explosions
The White Oleander
I Have Changed, Like You
You've Been Hacked
Quiet Wolf in Sheeps Clothing
If She Breathes-

Eyes of White-Hot Flame

6.5K 246 240
By WriterAgreste

Fall Out Boy - My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light 'Em Up)

B-B-Be careful making wishes in the dark, dark

Can't be sure when they've hit their mark

And besides in the mean-meantime, I'm just

Dreaming of tearing you apart

I'm in the de-details with the devil

So now the world can never get me on my level

A/N: Alternatively named ''Jay Commits PlagAIRism''

A grumble escaped you as you woke up, the walls not thick enough to dampen the noises coming from somewhere in the ship, more specifically down the corridor. Rising out of bed and getting into your wheelchair, you checked it out.

In Wu's room and wearing the Green Ninja gi was Kai, aka Porcupine, still not over his obsession with the prophecy. With all the kicks and punches he did you weren't surprised how he hadn't noticed you yet. You felt a tap on your shoulder, so you turned your head.

Cole grinned back at you with a wink before approaching the door and opening it, stepping inside. He laughed, looking at Kai as the 'Green Ninja'. More footsteps and the others joined to look at the Fire Ninja, who then turned his eyes to a reflection in a nearby mirror.

''Very nice. Perhaps if you tried the phrase "Fire dork," maybe it might work.'' Cole told him as Kai turned to face him.

Kai removed the mask, an embarrassed look on his face. ''How long have you all been watching?'' He looked to you and the group, Jay and Zane walking in to get a better look.

''Long enough.'' You smirked. Remo appeared, holding a small camera he had used while Kai was distracted.

Jay pointed at the Fire Ninja. ''The Green Ninja suit. That's awesome!''

''Well, I was looking for some kind of clue from Sensei and then I found this,'' Kai replied, looking at the floor.

''But you know only he who is foretold to face Lord Garmadon is destined to be the Green Ninja, and only he should wear the Green Ninja outfit. So Sensei would most likely be very—'' Zane informed.

''I know, I know. But I thought if I just tried it on, it might help me see my True Potential.'' He walked over to the window, looking out of it. ''It's not fair that you guys have unlocked your cool powers and I still haven't. Besides, Sensei's gone and we don't know when he's coming back—'' He was interrupted by a door opening, the others turning in the direction of the sound.

''Hello? I'm home.'' Wu announced as he called out.

''Sensei!'' Most of the boys except Kai rushed to greet Wu, the Fire Ninja hiding behind a couple of dressing screens to change back into his regular gi while you backed out of the room. Once he finished, he rushed after the others in his regular gi.

When you were going to join them, you paused in place as something caught your eye. You listened out for anyone who could find out and found none. It wouldn't hurt just to check things out...

The orange gi sat folded up alongside the messier folded green gi that Kai did in the rush. For some odd reason, it felt like it belonged to you. Your fingers itched to grab the gi but the creaking of floorboards underfoot made you think twice, shrouding yourself with illusions as Tea Obsessed Man entered.

He looked around his room, appearing suspicious but making no comment as he closed the cabinet with the prophesied ninja gis. Grumbling something under his breath, he walked out. You breathed a sigh of relief, letting the illusion dissolve, wheeling out.

What you did not expect was that you immediately ran into trouble. Now four-armadon, he smirked down at you, all four hands on his waist- or at least the bottom two were, the top two folded together. Your heart plummeted.

''I should've realised with the additional bird what you truly are...'' Garmadon's words made your heart sink further. ''...I hope that leaf worked out well for you.''

''I don't know what you're talking about.'' You began to back away as best as you were able, clutching tight to the wheelchair's wheels. He glanced back at the entrance to Wu's room. ''I should get going.''

Garmadon's piercing crimson-red eyes followed you until you disappeared around the corner. Once you were back in your room, it felt like the oxygen was being stolen from your lungs, each breath you took required more effort than the last.

''(Y/n)!'' A squeak momentarily jolted you out of your clouding thoughts, a weight falling onto your lap. Glancing down, you spotted Remo carefully holding a ball in his mouth. Murmuring thanks, you snatched it from him and squeezed it in your grasp, finding it easier to steady your breaths.

Sniffling once, you lowered your head. ''Why... why do two people now want to find out what I am?" You bunched up, holding your knees close to your chest, clutching the stress ball as a few tears trickled down your cheeks.

Remo slithered closer to where he was at your side, nudging your hand with his head. ''I don't know...'' He murmured worriedly. You looked down at him and scooped him up, placing the little snake on your shoulders. ''I'll bite the next one who tries.'' He boldly declared, lifting his head.

''Remo- no, I can't have that happen...'' You looked at the snake, who averted his gaze. ''...even though it's a bit tempting.'' Closing your eyes, you listened to the sounds of the ship, seeing if it would help you calm down. There wasn't much to listen to.

You groaned, laying back on your bed.

Garmadon was not the easiest roommate to get along with. Living up to his title as the 'Captain of Chaos', he appeared to do whatever it took to annoy Kai. Even his existence did just the trick.

When you were all seated at the table, eating, Garmadon picked up his fork. A grey grub sat on the end. Fourarmadon winked mischievously as he looked at Kai.

The Captain of Chaos then began shovelling food into his mouth while you and the others stared, weirded out.

Cole leaned over to Kai, still staring at Garmadon. ''What's he eating?" The Earth Ninja questioned.

''Condensed evil,'' The Fire Ninja replied, not daring to take his eyes off the Dark Lord. ''Supposed to be low in fat.''

While Garmadon devoured his food, a grub flew off the plate, crawling towards Porcupine. He flicked it away with his fork, disgusted, while you blankly stared and continued eating.

When you returned to your room, you found a note stuck to your door.

Sorry. Now turn around.

You did as it said. Your heartbeat sped as you saw Garmadon towering over you, his head blocking the overhead light.

''Uh, we're gonna act like you didn't do what you did earlier?" Staring up at him, you lifted an eyebrow, crossing your arms once you regained your composure.

''To be fair, I did catch you sneaking out of Wu's room, so who's at fault here?" He inquired, lower arms on his hips while the upper ones folded together. A huff escaped you as you crossed your arms, glaring at him. He did have a point.

''Your son is so much nicer than you, I must say so myself.'' You looked away, glimpsing Garmadon's interest piqued in the corner of your eye. You turned back to him, looking the four-armed lord up and down.

Though as you were about to add something else, a clap of thunder followed by a flash of lightning from outside grabbed your attention and Garmadon's.

The Captain of Chaos grinned, showing his pointy teeth.

''How about we talk about this over a nice stormbathing?"

While Kai observed the pair of you from behind a corner, narrowing his eyes as soon as Garmadon glanced back at him with a wicked smirk, walking away with you in tow.

The wheelchair had to be left below deck to ensure it wasn't destroyed again since your mother would disapprove of that. Garmadon prepared the beach towels, placing his first and then yours.

You supplied the drinks and the two of you lay on your towels, taking in the stormy atmosphere as the ship rocked about in the winds. The towels didn't move too much and you could feel your power building up, gathering in your upper limbs while you reclined.

''Feels great, doesn't it?" Garmadon laughed, taking a careful sip from his drink while it sloshed in the cup.

Grinning with a nod, you clinked your glass with his and downed half of the drink. A slight frown dawned on your face as an unpleasant foreboding sensation rose within your gut. It strengthened as you looked to Garmadon. Why were you only sensing this now?

Shaking your head, you brushed away that question to answer later.

The Captain of Chaos took a long sip. ''So, about my son, how did you meet him?''

''Well, in Jamanakai Village,'' You stared at the contents of your glass, figuring out how to tell the story with as few lies as possible. ''A crowd had gathered near him, throwing rubbish as he hung from a shop signpost by his hoodie, I got him down with the help of Nya.''

''Do you know who put him up there?" Garmadon questioned, your hand stiffened on your glass but you had prepared somewhat for this.

''No, we hadn't seen who put him up there.'' No lie was present. ''Some trouble came our way, when we looked away and then back again he vanished after talking about revenge.'' Garmadon shook his head at that, sighing deeply.

A bolt of lightning nearly hit the ship by a few metres, causing an outcry from Kai above who was piloting, then looking down at the pair of you and Garmadon. He shook his head, an annoyed look on his face.

Garmadon cackled as he did, taking the last sip of his drink. He did a short stretch with his arms, placing the glass down, the object almost immediately sliding away as the ship slightly tilted.

''Oh, and about the hallway thing, I have this... sense... of what you truly are.'' Fourarmadon looked at you. ''It's part of my blood. Not just the evil running through my veins.''

''Perhaps I do too.'' You warily regarded him, draining the contents of your cup and placing it more carefully on the deck. ''You gave me a sense of foreboding I only now just picked up.''

''Your instincts.'' Garmadon grinned. ''They must be developing. It's only natural that they do.''

Huh. So that question was being answered now? Neat. You looked up at the skies, grinning as lightning flashed across them.

Kai rushed below deck after Garmadon, causing the entire group to follow after him, with Nya at the front. You frowned as you heard Kai shutting the door, grunts coming from inside the room as he resumed fighting Lloyd's father.

Nya approached the door and tried opening it, struggling as she did. ''What are you doing?'' Nya questioned her brother.

Kai immediately appeared through the door window, pressed against the door as he fought. ''Discovering my True Potential!'' He replied before being thrown into a wall by Garmadon.

Jay attempted opening it, and you tried helping him out. ''Unh! The door won't budge!'' Jay told the others after he and you found yourselves unable to open it.

The Samurai Girl turned to the others, a worried look present on her face. ''Kai thinks he'll unlock his power if he stands up to Lord Garmadon.'' You furrowed your eyebrows at that.

''Why would he think that?!'' Zane questioned.

Nya made the cuckoo gesture. ''...'Cause he thinks he's the Green Ninja!'' She told him.

''Well, if we don't open this door soon, I think he's gonna be mincemeat! Stand back!'' Cole ordered, making you wheel back to let him have his space as he activated his True Potential. ''Earth!'' Kai had already ''defeated'' Garmadon by the time he had broken down the door.

The group went in, seeing Kai stand on Fourarmadon who lay on the floor. ''I defeated him. I did it! Are my eyes glowing? Did I unlock my powers? Is this my True Potential? Argh! Why isn't it working?'' He asked a flurry of questions, looking at himself.

You facepalmed before Wu approached to talk to Kai. ''Because you cannot defeat someone who allowed himself to be defeated.'' Old Tea-Obsessed Man informed him, then knelt to help his brother.

''I wasn't going to hurt you, boy. I was only fetching your weapons.'' Garmadon told the Porcupine, smiling.

''But you were trying to steal them!'' Kai countered in retaliation.

''I asked him to get them. Perhaps it is best you do not reach your True Potential, or else someone could get hurt.'' Wu stoically told the Fire Ninja.

Cole looked at Kai. ''Way to go, hero.''

Nya stepped over to Garmadon who was still laying down. ''Oh. Poor thing. Let me help you.'' She went to help him up with Wu.

''Yes. Poor thing.'' Garmadon looked right at Kai, a malicious smirk appearing on his face. Porcupine looked as if he were about to blow up, clenching his fists. While you looked on, a little concerned. The ship suddenly stopped, interrupting the two.

''Sounds like we've finally reached our destination,'' Cole informed the others.

''Good luck with the mission!'' You told them, as they rushed out, Nya giving you a warm smile when she passed. You decided it was better to stay below. Besides, you could just read in your room...

With each book you finished, the pile grew smaller. Comfortably reclined on your bed, the pillow propped up against the wall, you made a mental note for future reference to do this next time as well.

You pulled open the windows, at first warm air streamed in thanks to the unfortunately nearby volcano but as you read, a few zephyrs found their way into your room.

Then something odd occurred. For a moment, the room fell silent, void of the sounds of wind that you had grown accustomed to before a sizeable gust rushed through, flinging a few books off the shelf, blowing pages off the older ones and flying them around the room.

A few of these pages went into your face. You scrambled to get them off, pulling them aside before looking up. You jolted back, eyes widening as you caught sight of a pair of eyes coloured greener than envy's own, staring back at you as they hovered there in mid-air.

''WHAT THE-'' You covered your head with your arms, as another gust came through again, this time weaker than the first. When you looked up, the eyes were no longer there.

''He used wind...'' A voice whispered in your mind, gradually fading to silence. You had been too distracted by the commotion that you hadn't noticed someone moving down the corridor. A knock came from the other side of the door, and with your voice weak, you permitted entry.

''Is everything alright?" Nya questioned, stopping as she saw the mess that the wind had caused. Without a further word, she knelt, beginning to scoop up the mess. Once you had recovered somewhat from your shock, you helped her out.

''It must've been the wind.'' You looked around your room. ''One of the books fell and I got spooked by it.'' The girl seemed a little less stressed at your words, backing out of the room with a nod before going back up the deck.

Quite a few minutes passed before you heard the engines of the Destiny's Bounty firing up. Leaving your room, you went to the deck, just in time to see the volcano explode. The others stood at the bow, staring at the volcano in despair as embers flitted past, smoke billowing from the top.

You felt your breath catch in your throat, finding yourself unable to breathe. From the volcano's crater, you spotted a sphere of fire, flying out and coming towards the Destiny's Bounty. When it came closer, you almost wept with joy, seeing Lloyd and Kai safe from harm.

''It's Kai! He's found his True Potential!'' Jay exclaimed, stepping back as the Fire Ninja in his True Potential form landed on the deck with Lloyd.

He removed his mask, smiling as he looked at everyone, though you noticed him give Wu a look of understanding before the flames died down and he crumpled to the floor, passing out upon impact.

Gathered in the control room, you looked at Lloyd as was hugging his father. The boy seemed a tad confused, which you didn't blame him for, seeing as he was almost baked alive in a volcano if it weren't for Kai.

''Dad? Is it really you?'' Lloyd questioned, looking up at his father.

''It is, son,'' Garmadon confirmed.

Lloyd looked at his quad-armed father. ''Dad? Why do you have four arms?''

''He's gonna be okay,'' Cole told the others, making you and the others cheer in delight.

Garmadon and Lloyd turned to the Fire Ninja. ''Thank you, Kai.'' Garmadon grinned at him, turning his head slightly to look at you with a thankful nod.

''But how did you survive? How did you discover the key to unlocking your powers?'' Zane questioned.

''I knew when I had to make a choice. I wanted the Fangblade so badly, to prove I was good enough to become the Green Ninja. But then I figured it out. All of my training to become the best ninja wasn't in preparation to become the Green Ninja. It was... to protect him.'' Kai's gaze travelled to Lloyd, as everyone else caught on to what he meant.

''What? What is everybody looking at me for?'' Lloyd asked, bewildered.

''That means...'' Nya began, picking up the Weapons with Kai and Cole doing the same while you were sure to keep away from them, eyeing the closest one which happened to be the Nunchucks of Lightning, not noticing that someone was looking your way.

The weapons floated into the air upon nearing Lloyd, emitting green lightning that surrounded the boy as he looked on, still confused.

''Lloyd is the Green Ninja. I had thought it would be one of you, but it was him the whole time. It all makes sense. Not only have you four been chosen to protect the Golden Weapons, but also to protect the Chosen One.'' Wu announced to the ninja, the Weapons falling to the floor.

''That means...'' Garmadon started, looking at his son.

''The battle lines have been drawn, brother. Sadly, our family has only become more divided. Brother versus brother, and now, son versus father.'' At Wu's words, the group developed looks of sorrow, which was broken when Jay broke the silence.

''Hehe, this is heavy and all, but whatever happened to the Fangblade!?'' He questioned in a yell.

You went to the control room to grab something. Upon entering, you spotted the Golden Weapons laid out on a table, gleaming in the light. You grabbed the drawing Cole did for you and were about to leave the room when the Weapons began to glow and hovered into the air, emitting an orange light that considerably lit up the room.

Eyes widening, you made haste to leave the room, hoping to leave that image behind, finding some comfort once you were back in your room. Back in your bed, you stared at your hands as lightning jumped from tip to tip, now a more vibrant colour than before. It was orange.

Outside your room, a certain nindroid was writing something on a slip of paper, which he placed underneath the door, before going to bed himself.

2023 and beyond, YEAAAA

Don't forget to vote, go wild with your comments and share this story if you love it. <3

Without further ado,

See ya, Bookworms.

WriterAgreste, over & out!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 56 12
The Ninja you know of are no longer capable of being the heroes Ninjago deserves, it's up to the next generation to control their newfound powers and...
5.4K 403 30
❛ I AM NOT MY FATHER. ❜ The story of the Overlord vs. the Ultimate Spinjitzu Master has been passed down for generations, but few people still believ...
812 26 28
"How long do you think you can keep him safe? How long until Ice diminishes and Fire uproars? Is Aspen as safe as you think? Darkness doesn't go away...
3.2K 155 30
This is the original version of my most successful book; Reuploaded. I originally unpublished it for the rewriting process and moved this version to...