Saudade (Published under Indi...

By sielalstreim

I'm scared of the sea. I can't help but think of the danger it brings. The width and depth seem forever. But... More

PART I - Chapter 1: Sea Port City
Chapter 2: The Prisoners
Chapter 3: The Knight and the Ruler
Chapter 4: The Show
Chapter 5: The Menace
Chapter 6: Taken
Chapter 7: Fall and Fly
Chapter 8: Obsidian
Chapter 9: The Jonah of Obsidian
Chapter 10: Separate Worlds
Chapter 11: Wrecked Heart
Chapter 12: Misty Rain
Chapter 13: Borgian Island
Chapter 14: Sunset
Chapter 15: Dinner with the Pirates
Chapter 16: The Crow's Nest
Chapter 17: The Thief and the Murderer
Chapter 18: Midnight Dream
Chapter 19: The Forsaken Land
Chapter 20: Sad Song
Chapter 21: The Skull
Chapter 22: The Stormy Sea
Chapter 23: The Adventures of the Brave Heart
Chapter 24: The Pirate City
Chapter 25: The Mermaid
Chapter 26: The Monsters of the Pirate City
Chapter 27: The Invitation of Captain Rowaen
Chapter 28: The Captain of the Pirate City
Chapter 29: Far from the Land of Fairy Tale
Chapter 30: Under the Moon
Chapter 31: The Poison in the Pirate's Wine
Chapter 32: The Anchor and the Signal Fire
Chapter 33: Sea Ghost
Chapter 34: The Judgment of Poseidon
Chapter 35: The Darkest Morning
Chapter 36: The Tears of the Sea
Chapter 37: The Fall of the Pirate City
PART II - Chapter 38: After Dreaming
Chapter 39: A New Perspective
Chapter 40: The Ghosts in the Woods
Chapter 41: The Agreement in the North Castle
Chapter 42: Strange Possibilities
Chapter 43: The Ruined Castle
Chapter 44: The Visitors of the East Castle
Chapter 45: The Eastern Woods
Chapter 46: Blood in the Mainland
Chapter 47: A Deeper Grave
Chapter 48: An Act of Resistance
Chapter 49: The Lake of Dreams
Chapter 50: The Cost of a Name
Chapter 51: The Lady's Acceptance
Chapter 52: The Wedding Thief
Chapter 53: Limbo of the Lost
Chapter 54: The Secrets of the Borgian Castle
Chapter 55: Poison and Blood
Chapter 56: The Black Butterfly
Chapter 58: Cats in the Castle
Chapter 59: Before the War
Chapter 60: Little Wildflower
Chapter 61: Death in the Woods
Chapter 62: Lovers in the Borgian Castle
Chapter 63: Bad Blood Brothers
Chapter 64: Peril in the East Castle
Chapter 65: The Cage and the Lost Key
Chapter 66: Trampled Flowers in the Dead Field
Chapter 67: Blood and Madness
Chapter 68: The Battle at the Safety Rock
Chapter 69: The Brothers, the Forest Fairy, and the Castle Garden
Chapter 70: Na Guerra Ninguรฉm Ganha
Epilogue
Saudade Playlist

Chapter 57: The First Rule

27.8K 1.7K 772
By sielalstreim

Chapter 57: The First Rule

Fanmade cover by Shane Ong

The day was indeed brighter; like the sun's appearance after a long, ruthless weather. However, the Borgian Castle knew better than to put their trust in it as pirates and soldiers filled the castle ground to train in combat. They knew that the storm was not yet over and a deluge was on its way. Though, it was also a good sight, seeing them worked together in order to achieve the same goal. I was seeing a great possibility for the land's unity; I was seeing hope. And if things go according to Threy's plan, then this hope will turn into great future. And thus, I decided to stay with him.

I was walking with Cecilia towards the castle's garden when I noticed a group of curious men forming in the middle of the field. I stopped and watched them interestingly, wondering what was happening in the circle they had made.

"It's probably a brawl. Someone challenged another man into a fight. Don't worry, it's not that serious. It could also be a part of their training. They'll get over it," Cecilia said dismissively when she noticed what got my attention.

I didn't know what had gotten into me when I asked, "Can I watch it?"

She stared at me questioningly, before she nodded. "Alright. Perhaps, you aren't as sophisticated as a typical lady should be."

"Well, I can be one if I want to," I smirked at her.

She grinned back at me knowingly as we made our way to the front within the circle. We didn't encounter any difficulty for they let us passed without questions. What had gotten my attention first were the two half-naked bodies glistening in sweat as they stood under the morning sun and measuring each other's strength. The sight was actually magnificent for a maiden who was looking for a strong man who would fight for her heart. But as I squinted my eyes to inspect the two brave men, my amusement turned into a frown as I watched Captain Rowaen launched an attack against Owain. The latter dodged it and landed a blow on the captain's jaw. The crowd cheered on the two making bets with their silvers.

"How did they end up in this kind of pettiness?" I whispered to myself but was rewarded with an answer when a huge, brawny woman glanced down at me.

"Men are silly creatures we can use for amusement," she answered. She was apparently taller than most of the women and had tattoos and piercings all over her body. I remembered her from that breakfast in the Pirate City where Captain Rowaen invited me and also in the meeting with the captains. She was the kind of a pirate who would not take shit from anyone. She was the captain of the Sea Jewel. She could be a valuable ally or a lethal enemy.

I nodded, "I must agree with you." Her presence was a little bit intimidating but she didn't pose as a threat to me at all. Instead, she looked at me with recognition in her eyes.

"Jonah of the Obsidian," she acknowledged.

"Primrose Crimson," I corrected.

She dismissed the name I had just given as she finally noticed Cecilia. "The lady must be dressing you excellently." She scanned my appearance disapprovingly. "I doubt you can use those fancy dresses in war."

Cecilia was about to retort but was stopped when Owain's body landed painfully on our direction. He spat blood before standing up again as if it didn't cause him any pain. Captain Rowaen sprung towards us but stopped when he saw me standing with the crowd.

"You're the most beautiful distraction. But I must ask you to stay away –" The captain wasn't able to complete his statement for Owain took advantage of it and attacked him. He was then straddling the captain and punched his face several times.

"You shouldn't be here!" Owain shouted at me when the captain was finally incapacitated and lying on the grass. The crowd cheered for Owain and some of them helped Captain Rowaen on his feet. I guessed that was how they concluded the match.

I grinned teasingly as I walked closer to them. They were both drinking water as if the scuffle didn't mean anything. The captain beamed at me showing his bloody teeth while Owain kept the frown on his face.

"Well, I can't miss the show particularly when I have the front seat ticket," I answered, amused.

Owain just gave me one of his usual, deadly glares and if I was an ordinary person who just met him, I would have been cowering in the corner because of fear. But I've learned a lot about him that I was able to see beyond his rude disposition. Captain Rowaen frowned at us as if he had been missing something in our interaction.

"So is it his plan for you to come here and distract me to get his victory against a great captain? I mean, I love seeing your face, my angel, but damn it, that was atrociously unfair!" the captain complained.

I chuckled at his assumption. "So I guess the captain of the Pirate City does not easily accept defeat."

His playful mood faltered and that was when I realized my insensitivity. But still, he answered, "I've conquered a lot of battles and the Pirate City was the greatest defeat I ever had."

"I'm sorry," I said apologetically.

He dismissed it with a smile, as if he didn't want to stay in the darker part of our conversation. He was probably avoiding it many times now, but I knew that soon, he would need to confront the pain of losing the Pirate City.

"Captain Rowaen, I think I need to have a conversation with you about what happened –"

Owain stopped me from saying more by gently nudging my arm. "Don't bother. If you're going to push about that thing, he might end up challenging you in a duel, too. And he will probably lose again against you."

"I will never challenge a lady into a fight, you moron!" Captain Rowaen glared at Owain before glancing back at me. He looked at me intently, like inspecting a strange object before deciding what to do with it. "Although, I might have to ask about the conversation you want to have with me. How badly you want me to be with you?" he asked teasingly.

"Well, I really want to talk to you," I answered.

His smile widened as if I had just fallen into one of his traps. "And what if I want to talk with you on my bed?" he challenged.

Owain's reaction was like a lightning as he leapt from where he was sitting and about to lunge towards the captain. I immediately grabbed his arm and pulled him back. He stared down at me like I had just lost my mind for stopping him.

I pushed my doubt away and asked, "What do you want me to do?"

It was clear that he didn't expect my response by the way his lips parted in surprise. He probably thought that I would cower the moment he presented his dirty suggestion. He cleared his throat trying to get himself back into the challenge he started.

"Well, just like what you see, we're not in the Pirate City anymore. We're in a war and you're basically one of the enemies." I flinched. He didn't possibly mean to offend me, right? "And Owain is right. You have to prove that you're worth my time by winning in a duel."

I looked at him incredulously. "What?"

"You're smart and brave. I will never underestimate you. And thus, you have to face Captain Augusta. Oh, I knew it! It's going to be an interesting match between two powerful women."

Gasps of shock could be heard around us as Captain Rowaen presented his condition. Some of them whispered about making bets and I absolutely knew who they would put their precious silvers in. Captain Augusta, upon hearing her name, sauntered towards our direction. She was full of confidence and authority, almost intimidating us. Her presence even made me step back and hide behind Owain who seemed to regard her as a not so threatening force.

"Are you saying that this little girl can defeat me in a duel?" Captain Augusta asked curiously. The strong woman who was not a danger while we were watching the match was now a malevolent force threatening to destroy anyone who would go against it.

"Without a sweat," Captain Rowaen confirmed to my horror. Maybe, he hated me for being the cause of the fall of the Pirate City after all.

"N-No. Don't listen to him!" I protested in panic.

However, the lady captain seemed to already make her decision as the other men distant themselves from the two of us. I was shocked to see that even Owain and Cecilia had left me to my demise. It was definitely a betrayal.

"You're not going to let her kill me, are you?" I yelled, trying not to tear my attention away from the blood-thirsty she-monster in front of me – for that was the first rule in a duel right? Not taking your eyes away from your opponent. Oh! Did I just make it sound like I was really going to do it?

"Just so you know, you're carrying the name of the Obsidian pirates with you," Owain stated. Realizing that I wouldn't be able to get any help from him, I stole a glance at Cecilia.

"Try not to ruin the dress," she simply reminded.

And that's when I knew that I was completely screwed. No one's going to help me in my current situation. I decided to stand straight and face the threat in front of me while thinking of ways to escape.

"We don't really have to do this. Having a conversation with Captain Rowaen is not really that necessary. We don't really want to be those silly creatures used for entertainment, do we?" I appealed for the last time to the lady captain but she shook her head in disappointment while assessing my figure. She was probably thinking of the easiest way to snap me in half.

"I've heard a lot of good things about you – about how brave and a good person you are – that you aren't the same with the rest of the Mainland rulers. But I'm not expecting that the infamous Jonah of the Obsidian is this weak and pathetic. Should I wait until you kneel in front of me and kiss my boots?" Captain Augusta remarked tauntingly.

The crowd snickered and I could feel the heat creep up to my cheeks because of embarrassment. I couldn't believe that this mighty captain I almost admired would be this evil to humiliate me in public. But ofcourse! What could I expect from the captain of the Sea Jewel? Hug her enemies in battle?

"I will not do such a thing!" I protested, making me sound more pathetic.

"Is that so? Then how about you show us what you can do with that fragile-looking body of yours?"

Cheers erupted from the crowd encouraging us to start the match. Captain Augusta watched my stance expecting me to make the first move. But I didn't do anything. I just stared at her thinking of how I could convince her that this match would only be a waste of our time.

"Is it the guilt you're feeling that demands you to talk with Captain Rowaen?"

I frowned at her. "What?"

"You feel guilty over the fall of the Pirate City, aren't you? Somehow, you feel that none of those things would happen if it wasn't for you. Are you going to apologize?"

I stared at her dumbfounded. Could she be reading me all this time? "And what if I do?" I asked.

She smirked and shook her head in disappointment. "Maybe you aren't sincere enough to do it. For if you do you'll give all your might in this match. You would be fighting for that forgiveness."

I gritted my teeth by the way she was mocking my sincerity. I felt anger and somehow that particular feeling turned into courage. I suddenly wanted to show her how passionate I could be in everything that I do.

It was already too late to stop myself when I realized that I had lunged thoughtlessly towards her. I clenched my fist and threw a punch on her face. It landed perfectly on her jaw. The sound it created made me wonder if it was from the damage I made on her or the impact my fist had to bear. But as I felt the pain on my knuckles and saw that she was still standing proudly, not even bothered by the move that I had made, I concluded that it was from the latter.

"It was a good hit. But it certainly lacked strength. It could have made enough damage on me if you had done it better. Why? Is that what you've learned from the Obsidian pirates?" she taunted.

I glared at her, annoyed at the huge difference in our strength. I took a step back, preparing for another attack. But before I had even made my move, she smiled at me and said, "I am not that cruel though to break you little lady considering the huge gap between us. No, I won't. The Skull would surely show me death if I do that." I flinched by the mention of the man's name. I couldn't believe that even in Mainland, I would still be in the shadow of his power – under his protection. "So how about this: you try to bring me down in ten minutes. I will just stand here. I will not give you a direct hit. But if you won't be able to defeat me within the given time, then you don't deserve to talk with Captain Rowaen and you'll have to keep that misery within yourself."

If it was on another day and of different situation I would distant myself from this. It was a total waste of time; a ridiculous event to participate oneself in. But she attacked my pride, which was already vulnerable due to the shameful history of my bloodline. If they would doubt the sincerity of my actions, then what's going to be left in me? If I wanted to be free from the past mistakes of my ancestors, I had to prove to them that the blood that was running in my veins at the present could be trusted – that I would be different.

I gathered all my strength once again and pounced on her. This time, I was determined to push her down with my body. But she avoided it gracefully and sent me to the ground.

"If you're with me in the Sea Jewel, first, I would tell you not to give all your strength in a single attack. Yes, it could give a great damage but if you missed and made a mistake, you'll be the only one to receive its impact," she commented looking down on me.

There were cheers around us. I heard them placing more bets to the lady captain. My body was already starting to be aware of its pain. It felt like I just attacked the hard ground and it hit me back. Cursing under my breath, I stood up again.

"Two minutes!" It was Captain Rowaen's voice. He was holding his pocket watch, making sure that the match would end on time.

Pushing away the pain and shame I was feeling, I decided to attack again and target her abdomen. But ofcourse, she was able to dodge it and made me trip over her foot. I fell on the ground with a loud thud. I winced when I heard a crack and gasped when pain surged on my wrist. I even managed to injure myself!

"Having a particular target is good; that means you're already thinking of your next moves. But while you're on it, you might as well prepare yourself from a counter attack. Your enemies could get smarter than you sometimes."

I wanted to cry out of frustration and pain. She was playing with me and I was letting her. It was clear from the start that my defeat would be the end of this. That's why I couldn't understand it when I found myself trying to stand up again despite of the agony.

"Five minutes!" Captain Rowaen shouted loudly like he wanted the match to be over already. He probably realized that it was all a waste of time after all.

My knees wobbled as they carried the weight of my trembling body. Whether it was from the adrenaline rush or just a sign of my physical strength's limit, I didn't know. I almost kissed the ground again but I caught myself in time and remained standing. Five more minutes. Had it been five minutes already?

"Hey, woman –" I saw Owain coming towards me but I stopped him with my uninjured arm. I could still fight. I might not be able to win but I knew that I could still fight. Why would I stop if I still had time?

I focused my eyes on Captain Augusta. There was no glaring this time, only calmness. The crowd fell silent as they watched us in anticipation. The moment felt like a scene from one of the books I've read in the East Castle. Everything became slow and silent and gave my mind a chance to put distance from my battered person and see the whole situation. And thus, I was able to finally think clearly.

In a battle in the middle of a circling crowd, there were two women with great difference in strength. One was mighty, walked on the land like brave warrior of the sea. And the other one had a broken wrist and dirt all over her dress and body from continuously falling down. And that pathetic contender was me. I wouldn't be able to defeat her using my mere strength. But I might have a chance if I use my mind. It could only be a slim chance though since the lady captain was annoyingly smart. However, whether it was huge or small, it was still called a chance and so, I had to take it.

"Eight minutes!" Captain Rowaen called again. He sounded tensed. Even the crowd didn't make their usual cheer. Something must have happened but I had no time to check on that. First rule: I must not take my eyes away from my enemy.

I breathed deeply and formed my fighting stance. This could be my final attack and I had to give my best in this last move. My wrist was burning and my aching body was demanding my attention and care but I pushed them all back at the back of my mind and focused on the she-monster in front of me. I had to defeat her and after that, I could drown myself in the comfort of a soft bed. Gone was the key purpose of the duel. But first, I had to finish what I had started.

Knowing that the clock was ticking fast, I lunged towards Captain Augusta and just like what I had expected; she stepped aside and dodged it. So, I stopped amidst tumbling down, gained my balance, and hit towards her head. Not surprised by the move at all, she managed to bend her head a little to the side. Considering that she had taught me that technique literally a few minutes ago, she was sure enough that it was already the conclusion of my attack. But what she failed to realize was how I was a quick-learner and creative at the same time that she didn't expect the elbow smashing her head causing for her to be slightly disoriented. Seeing it as a glimpse of the chance I was waiting, I took advantage of it and dropped to the ground; and with all the strength that was left in me, I kicked both of her ankles causing her to lost her balance and stumble to the ground.

"Ten minutes! The match is over!"

Loud cheers and shouting erupted from the crowd as they couldn't believe the conclusion of the match. Owain collected silvers from the bet and to my surprise; even Captain Rowaen had a share of his winnings. He must have really believed in me to choose Captain Augusta as my opponent and still place his money on me.

I was already on my feet when I noticed Captain Augusta striding towards me. She looked serious and I stepped back in fear knowing that she would crush me this time. But I was halted when my back bumped into a solid chest and when I looked up, I saw the Skull staring down at me. I instinctively clung to him as I could no longer feel my feet. He didn't waste time and immediately scooped me up in his arms.

"I didn't expect a combination in your attack. I shouldn't have underestimated you." Captain Augusta was already standing in front of us. It was then that I realized that she wasn't pissed at all; it was just her usual stern look. However, there was a glint of amusement in her eyes as she stared at us. I accepted it when she finally reached out to shake my uninjured hand.

"Just so you know, you're the only woman who defeated the captain of the Sea Jewel and made me fall to the ground." She was grinning, like she was delighted to see a new challenge.

I returned her smile, feeling a little proud of that ridiculous achievement. "Maybe, there is no state of falling down; only the realization that we're still here on the ground."

She chuckled and after a moment, the smile faded away from her face. She looked like she's ready for another round of our match and if the Skull wasn't with me, I was sure as hell would be terrified.

"Next time, I'll make sure not to go easy on you," she said and with a nod to the Skull, she strolled away from us.

"Next time? There will be no next time," I muttered to myself as I grew more tired.

I felt the Skull started walking back to the castle with Cecilia trailing behind us. I didn't protest about him carrying me for my body could no longer stand on its own. I suddenly felt sleepy by the way he was swaying my body in every move he made. I just came back to my senses when he stopped and let Cecilia open the door to the chamber of the Kings and Queens of the Borgian Kingdom.

"But I'm not drunk this time," I protested weakly.

"And yet, still making foolish mistakes," he answered as he laid me gently on the soft bed.

Lying on the bed was like being embraced by the clouds; my body instinctively sought the warmth as my arms and legs tangled on the thick blanket.

He instructed Cecilia to get a doctor to fix my wrist and clean the scratches I was starting to feel all over my body. Cecilia immediately left the room to do her task which left me with probably the most dangerous man in the land and the sea. He sat on the edge of the bed and put more pillows behind my head so I could still face him. He stared at me silently, probably assessing the damage in my body.

"You've impressed Captain Augusta. And she's not that easy to pleased," he commented when I finally found my most comfortable spot on the bed. Maybe that was his way of asking 'are you alright?'

"I'm sure she's going to recruit me to be one of her crews in the Sea Jewel. This might be my chance to escape the Obsidian. Maybe, I should take her offer," I answered sarcastically. And it was me saying 'I'm fine.'

He probably missed the bland humor and sarcasm as I saw his jaw tensed and stared down at me like I had just violated his rules. His eyes bore down at me; piercing through my soul and incapacitating my will.

"What made you think that I'll let you go?"

His question brought me into confusion and I didn't know how to respond to it. Should I feel irritated because after he left me on the Pirate City, he still thought that he had a hold on me? Should I be sad because there was a chance that he was keeping me because of the sins of my bloodline? Or should I feel what my entire heart was demanding me to feel: happiness for reasons that my mind refused to understand? If he was going to keep it this way, I would surely find myself completely messed up.

"It seems that being the King of the rising Borgian Kingdom gives you the right to own people. Did you also say that to the pirates so they wouldn't leave you in the battle?"

I thought I saw hurt in his eyes knowing that I had thought of him that way. He clenched his fist as if it was his way to keep his emotions checked and said, "No – only to those who are too important for me to lose."

And that was how confusion turned into complete chaos. I didn't know if my heart was still having the after-effects of the match for it was now making a commotion inside my chest like someone had just throw a bomb inside and it didn't know whether to embrace it or run away as fast as it can. Or maybe, he still had that power over me; that after all this time, after the things he had done, and the past I had discovered, nothing really had changed.

"Whatever you're doing to me, please stop it. You know that things aren't the same anymore. It has gotten more complicated and... and..."

It was still a wonder to me how his eyes could put my whole existence in a pandemonium. I thought I had already proven my strength when I outsmarted Captain Augusta. It turned out that I was weaker than I thought – that I was just a house of card waiting for the inevitable destruction caused by the wind.

"Primrose..." The sound of my name from his lips was like an earthquake that was shaking my soul to the core – it could not be ignored, it was demanding an echo from the ground.

"You're making me crazy, Threy Weston!" I cried in frustration. "I don't care if you're the Skull or the Borgian King. I just want you to answer this one question before I completely go lunatic." I breathed deeply and looked him in the eyes. "Will you still want me to be with you when it all ends?"

He didn't answer right away and so, I waited. And it was probably the longest I've waited in my life and every passing second was increasing the fear inside of me. What if I misunderstood everything – that it was just a part of another game? What if there was more to this and that it could get more complicated in the future?

When I thought I had waited enough, that's when I concluded the answer. I nodded slowly, stopping the tears that were threatening to fall from my eyes. I didn't cry when Captain Augusta crushed my pride on the ground, or when my body hit the cold grass, or when I broke my wrist as I fell. It was just an unanswered question, I was sure I could handle such a subtle attack.

Forcing a smile, I began to say, "I understand. I want to rest for a moment because –"

But my words were cut off when his lips smashed against mine. It was hungry at first, kissing all my dangerous thoughts away, until it became punishing and possessive. His tongue brushed against my lower lips asking for entrance and I opened my mouth and welcomed him until his lips slowed into a sweet and gentle rhythm; like a soft melody was playing for us and I didn't want it to end.

But a single tear had found its way out of my eyes and traced my skin to my lips. He probably tasted my pain for he slowly pulled away from me and brushed his thumb on my dampened cheek. His other hand touched my lips; as if he regretted ending the kiss.

"Do you know why I wasn't able to give you an answer right away? Because you're not only talking with Threy Weston; you're also talking with the Skull and Remus Borgia VII, the Borgian King. They are three powerful personas and they are all part of me. It took me time wondering if you're going to accept these three names knowing the huge burden each of them is carrying. And God, I wish you will; I hope you will – because I'm sure that these three: Threy Weston, the Skull, and the Borgian King, will not accept any future without you."

My impudent, rebellious heart, that was causing a wild turmoil in my chest, had stayed still. My mind had caught the wind of the North Land for it became frozen in my head. I couldn't think. I was overwhelmed with feelings. Tears started rolling on my cheeks and this time, instead of brushing them away, he just let them fall and embraced me against his chest. I always wondered why in these arms, I felt the safest. Threy Weston could hold me and I would wrap my arms around him. The Skull could kiss me, and I would definitely kiss him back. The Borgian King would ask me to be on his side and I would probably put a thread that would connect us. It didn't matter who he is because my heart was telling me that it belong to him – to all of him.

I heard a knock on the door but he refused to let me go. It was only when I heard Cecilia cleared her throat when I decided to gently pushed him away from me and wiped my own tears. Threy stood from where he was sitting and faced Cecilia and the man with her who seemed to be the doctor. Without a word, they began cleaning my wounds and inspecting my broken wrist. When they had finally bandaged me, they left the room quietly and I was once again left with the most complicated man in the world.

"You should rest. Your body needs it so it can heal quickly," he said.

I bit my lip and looked up at him. He probably sensed that I wanted to tell him something so he urged me to speak.

"I will not accept it if ever Captain Augusta decides to recruit me in her pirates ship. I don't want to be a warrior or anything that caused harm to anyone." Well, it was true; it was what my conscience was telling me. I would rather be the one to prevent a war than be the soldier fighting inside it. I wanted to help in healing and maintaining peace. I realized that swords and guns weren't for me even though I was able to defeat Captain Augusta in a silly match.

His lips curved in a smile. "Hope and peace are both necessary in war. Everyone needs it at the end of the battle. We need someone like you to remind us the purpose of what we're doing."

Knowing that the situation was getting lighter, I decided to add another one. "And I want to meet Captain Rowaen. He owes me this conversation for winning the match against Captain Augusta."

He seemed to be thoughtful for a moment and asked, "Should I worry about him kissing you?"

I let out a soft chuckle upon the ridiculousness of what he was asking. I probably shouldn't have kissed Lord Boris and Lord Chester. It had made him weary of every man that was going to get near me.

"No, I'll scream if he does that," I assured him smiling.

"Good. He's going to receive the wrath of the lord of the West Land, the Skull of the pirate seas, and the Borgian King if he ever lays a finger on you."

I smiled widely at him. I must have gone lunatic. How could I smile like that over a death threat?

Author's Note:

So this is a 5,400+ words update! Sorry for the long wait! Can't wait for this story to be edited and polished, haha!

Anyway, I'll be signing books at the Manila International Book Fair this Saturday, September 14, 5:00 - 7:30PM, Summit Media booth. If you have my latest releases and you want them signed, then see ya!

- Siel Alstreim

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.2K 2.7K 27
๐— ๐—ฎ๐—ด๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—น๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜€. Yup that was how everyone in NRC describes you as. But one thing about you is that, you are quite lucky. How? well your parents a...
293 16 23
//He had my hands pinned tightly above my head as I squirmed beneath him. The blade twisting between his fingers. He held it up to my throat. I was a...
11.9K 563 30
If you read "Castle Swimmer" on Webtoon, it's similar to that, and no, not much to "The Little Mermaid" A drop from the sun sunk into the depths of t...
133K 4.4K 20
Have you ever had that moment, when you thought life was normal? You and your family were happy but in the next moment. It turns into Hell! That's h...