Phoenix Arises

By yujilopez

The female protagonist crossed over to become the Venerable Woman Kingdom's Crown Princess. That's right, tha... More

1 : Leaping Off The Cliff
2: Soul Traversed into a Strange World
Chapter 3: The Method to Repair Her Meridians
Chapter 4: Strange Snow Wolf
Chapter 5 : "Slaughter the Leap of Leopards, Save the Snow Wolf"
Chapter 6: Strange Beast
Chapter 7: Deep Sleep
Chapter 8.: Apologies. You're Also Trash As Well Now
Chapter 9: Cultivating Again From Scratch
Chapter 10: No Regrets Saving Her
Chapter 11: Method to Remove the Seal
Chapter 12: To the Dragon Palace for a Free Ride
Chapter 13: Persecution
Chapter 14: They Meet
Chapter 15: Keep Yourself Chaste for Me
Chapter 16: Full Moon Night
Chapter 17 : Shock
Chapter 18 : Disparity Too Great
Chapter 19: Challenging Beyond One's Level
Chapter 20: Mysterious Family Rule
Chapter 22: Sharing a Room
Chapter 23: Assassination
Chapter 24: I'm Her Fiance
Chapter 25: Return
Chapter 26: Amnesia
Chapter 27: Heaven's on My Side!
Chapter 28: Banquet
Chapter 29: Curtains Rise on the Welcoming Banquet
Chapter 30: A Challenge
Chapter 31: Plead for Mercy
Chapter 32: Death Match
Chapter 33: Famous With Just One Fight
Chapter 34: Phoenix Song Palace
Chapter 35: Trapped in the Raging Flames Pagoda
Chapter 36: Three Years Later
Chapter 37: To shed one's mortal body and exchange one's bones

Chapter 21: Tender Sentiments

1.2K 41 3
By yujilopez

Duanmu Shuang stepped up in front to bow with her hand clasped over her fist respectfully. "Your Majesty, your subject heard that Your Majesty had taken ill and I came here specially to pay a visit."

"Your humble subject is also here just to pay Your Majesty a visit as well, and it was most coincidental that I bumped into Her Highness, the Duke of Tranquility just outside the doors of the Bonded Hearts Palace."

Qin Zhen followed suit and stepped forward to say as she bowed.

Duanmu Xue saw the awkwardness the two of them were showing and a corner of her mouth raised up with a smirk.

"Oh, that is really such a great coincidence. I am already feeling fine now, so my two esteemed subjects can now leave."

Duanmu Shuang's face stiffened, and her eyes shot Qin Zhen beside her a glance.

Qin Zhen received the signal Duanmu Shuang threw her way with the look in her eyes and she bowed with her hands clasped before her once again.

"Your Majesty, your subject has something to report."

Duanmu Xue's violet eyes narrowed slightly.

"Speak."

"Her Highness the Crown Princess has gone missing for two years and there still hasn't been any news. For the sake of the Vermillion Bird Kingdom's stability, your humble subject pleads for Your Majesty to appoint another Crown Princess."

Duanmu Xue's eyes flashed with an icy glint, rage surging up inside in that instant.

Huangfu Che heard the words "appoint another Crown Princess" and an icy chill rose up in him as well.

"Then who do you think is qualified to become the next Crown Princess?"

Duanmu Xue's voice was icily cold, sounding like it had seeped out from deep down underground.

"Your humble subject is of the opinion the Duke of Tranquility's heir is rather suited to assume the position."

Duanmu Xue's eyes were bright with a fiery light as she turned to look at Duanmu Shuang beside Qin Zhen.

"Does the Duke of Tranquility think the same way?"

Hearing the question, Duanmu Shuang immediately raised up her hands and bowed to reply: "Your subject wouldn't dare."

"You do not dare? What is there that you would not dare to do? Didn't you just forcibly barge into my chambers just now! ?"

Duanmu Xue exclaimed as she slapped the table, her rage filled eyes gazing straight at Duanmu Shuang.

"Your subject wouldn't dare."

"Your humble subject wouldn't dare to."

The pair fell to their knees to kowtow in reverence and humility.

"Hmph! The Duke of Tranquility seems to have forgotten the rule set by the founding Emperor."

Duanmu Xue glared disdainfully out of the corners of her eyes at the two people kneeling down on the floor.

Duanmu Shuang eyes flashed with hatred and aggrievement. If not for that damned rule, she would now be the reigning female Emperor and her Little Qing would now be the Imperial Crown Princess.

"Aren't you going to get out?"

"Your subject takes her leave."

"Your humble subject will take her leave now."

Duanmu Shuang clenched her fists tightly as she ruefully retreated her way out of the Bonded Hearts Palace together with Qin Zhen.

— Outside the Bonded Hearts Palace —

“What do we do now?” Qin Zhen asked as she looked at Duanmu Shuang’s indignant face.

“What else can we do? Go back and think of a way for us to pull more senior officials to our side, and when we suggest for her to appoint another Crown Princess altogether as a group during court, I’ll like to see how she can oppose it.”

Duanmu Shuang’s eyes narrowed sinisterly, filling up with a venomous light.

“What is that about the rule set by the founding Emperor?”

“You should not be asking about things that are not meant for you to know.”

Duanmu Shuang answered as she looked at Qin Zhen coldly, and with a flick of her sleeves, she turned to depart.

Qin Zhen watched Duanmu Shuang back as she walked away, her eyes narrowing.

[Damn that Duke of Tranquility. Her younger brother had married the Duke of Tranquility back then but was killed by the Duke of Tranquility’s harem in his palace. The Duke of Tranquility had not only not pursued the matter at all, she had not shown the slightest sorrow for his death.

If not for the fact that the Duke of Tranquility had appointed the only daughter left behind by Qin Zhen’s younger brother, Qin Zhen would not be complying to the Duke’s orders now.

— Inside the Bonded Hearts Palace —

Duanmu Xue dismissed all the attendants and palace maids before summoning the Phoenix Guards.

“Phoenix One.”

A black robed woman appeared right before Duanmu Xue. This black robed woman was Phoenix One, the leader of the Phoenix Guards who protected the Vermillion Bird Kingdom’s female Emperor.

The Vermillion Bird Kingdom’s Phoenix Guards only took orders from the Vermillion Bird Kingdom’s reigning female Emperor throughout the generations. They number three thousand in total and were split into fifteen teams, lead by Phoenix One, Phoenix Two….. till Phoenix Fifteen, fifteen female team leaders.

“Send someone to watch their every single move.”

A corner of Duanmu Xue’s mouth raised up in a cold sneer. There was a high possibility cornered dogs might try to jump the wall.

“Your subordinate will carry out your orders.”

Having received her orders, Phoenix One disappeared in the next instant.

“Phoenix Five.”

Another black robed woman appeared right in front of Duanmu Xue.

“Is there any news of the Crown Princess?”

“Your subordinate is incompetent.”

Phoenix Five knelt on one knee in shame, answering with her head bowed.

Duanmu Xue waved her hand dismissively, feeling highly disappointed.

“Continue to search, and put more people into it. The Crown Princess must be found as quickly as possible.”

She believed that Little Xi was still alive, living in some corner of the Constellation Continent.

“Yes, Your Majesty.”

— The Duke of Tranquility Manor’s Study —

“Mother, how did it turn out?”

Duanmu Shuang shook her head, her brows furrowed.

“Little Qing, with the rule set by the Founding Emperor, it is impossible for you to become the Crown Princess legitimately.”

A vicious glint flashed in Duanmu Qing’s eyes.

[The rule set by the Founding Emperor again. Damn it! Is it possible that what the useless piece of trash Duanmu Xi said will come true? Even with her dead, she would still never be able to become the Crown Princess?]

[No. She must definitely become the Crown Princess, no matter at what cost.]

A look of malevolence flashed across Duanmu Qing’s face.

“Mother, since that is the case, then we will have to…..”

The two people whispered to each other in hushed tones for a good while, with both of them breaking out into venomous smiles.

…..

Night. On the Imperial bed in the Bonded Hearts Palace, Huangfu Che held Duanmu Xue in an embrace.

“Xue Er, what is that rule set by the Founding Emperor?”

“Che wants to know?”

Duanmu Xue lifted up her eyes, smiling coyly.

Huangfu Che curled up the edges of his lips. “A little curious.”

“Haha. The first rule of the Duanmu Family sets that only female descendants of the Imperial Family who possesses violet eyes can become the Crown Princess and inherit the throne.”

“Oh? The Founding Emperor had actually set such a strange rule?”

Huangfu Che was a little surprised upon hearing the answer.

“That’s right. Otherwise, how do you think I came to become the female Emperor of the Vermillion Bird Kingdom? In terms of stratagems, I pale in comparison to my elder Imperial sister Duanmu Shuang, and in terms of martial might, I am inferior to my younger Imperial sister Duanmu Fei. Moreover, I do not crave authourity and power.”

If not for the rule set by the Founding Emperor, she would not want to be the Emperor.

Huangfu Che nodded and he then creased up his brows. “What if, Little Xi did not possess violet eyes?”

“You big buffon. Even if Little Xi did not possess violet eyes, I will still love her all the same. We will then just give birth to another daughter with violet eyes to hand the throne down to and everything will be resolved.”

Huangfu Che’s eyes then flashed. “Then what if we do not get a daughter with violet eyes? Will you then…..”

“No. Never. I will only have you as my one and only husband my whole life.”

Duanmu Xue’s face was serious. [Besides Che, she had never thought of having anyone else. Not to mention they already have Little Xi as their daughter already, even if they did not have Little Xi, she would never want to marry another.]

Huangfu Che held Duanmu Xue tightly, his eyes endlessly gentle.

“Xue Er, thank you.”

“You big buffon.”

The corners of Duanmu Xue’s lips raised and she kissed Huangfu Che on his lips.

Back then, he had chosen to give up his position as a Crown Prince because of her, so how could she let him down now? She could still remember what his Imperial father had told her at that time till today.

“You must not hurt Little Che, or I will never let you off.”

It seemed he had really loved Che, but Che had had a falling out with him because of her.

“Don’t go imagining things in your head. My father still loves me deep down inside. Wait till Little Xi comes back and we’ll bring Little Xi to the Azure Dragon Kingdom to see him together. When he sees how adorable Little Xi is, he will surely forgive us.”

Huangfu Che said comfortingly as he held Duanmu Xue.

“Mm. He will surely like Little Xi! Since Little Xi looks so much like you.”

Duanmu Xue kissed Huangfu Che lightly on his lips again, her face serious as she stared into his black eyes.

“When Little Xi comes back, I will hand the throne down to her and we can then go travel through the various countries. Tying you down to remain in this tiny Vermillion Bird Kingdom’s Imperial Palace for so many years, it must have been so hard on you.”

“For you, anything is worth it!”

Huangfu Che then turned to take assertion and lowered his head to kiss Duanmu Xue’s red lips, lightly lingering and titillating to incite her little tongue to join in a dance.

The red curtain veils around the Imperial bed were lowered, and a night of gentle copulation ensued…..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

230K 9.8K 25
စံကောင်းမွန် + တခေတ်ခွန်း ငယ်ငယ်ကခင်မင်ခဲ့တဲ့ဆက်ဆံရေးကနေအကြောင်းတစ်ခုကြောင့်စိတ်သဘောထားကွဲလွဲပြီး ပြန်တွေ့တဲ့အချိန်မှာသူဌေးနဲ့အလုပ်သမားဆက်ဆံရေးဖြစ်သွ...
38.4K 1.7K 26
Princess Bella, the first and only daughter of the famous rulers of the United Kingdom of Auradon, Belle and Beast. The twin sister of Prince Ben, yo...
34.8K 2.2K 80
Just read the book to know. This book is inspired by the book Enigmatic queen by @SuccessSmile. I have made a lot of changes in the story as then I...
49.6K 1.2K 178
Disclaimer : This is not my story. No plagiarism intended. The credit goes to original author. ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇ The entire Yunzhou knew that the Ye Family h...