Just a small drop of kindness...

By dreamingpotential

Jungkook picks up some stray (well, not really) hybrids. Out of the kindness of his own heart, of course, and... More

picking up stray(?) number one (yoongles)
more to learn; soon after
it's the circle of life; we're back again
meeting hybrid two (jinnie)
the 'rescue' and hybrid three (hobi-hobi)
going to a restaurant
bonding time with jinnie + yoongles
sincerity with hobi
a bit with hobi and a bit with tae+jiminie
a shopping trip

hello hello (tell me what you want right now)

2.9K 153 100
By dreamingpotential

Procrastination beat my ass and won but I finally managed to finish this chapter. Rip me who has school in the morning and I haven't gotten no sleep.

'Finally!' Jungkook thought,  standing excitedly at the pier, waiting for the boat to arrive. He shivered, watching his breath form clouds in the slowly brightening morning sky and held two warm cups of coffee (one straight black and the other with normal amounts of milk and sugar, because at least Jin had taste buds).

He was careful not to spill the contents of the bitter hell that was in the cups (to be fair Jin's one wasn't that bad) as well as keeping an eye out for a small boat, with one blondie and one pinkie.

A huge grin spread upon his face once the boat docked into the pier, dashing immediately towards the side of the docks and watched in fascination as Yoongi immediately jumped off the rather tall boat, agilely landing on his feet.

The blond cat grabbed the two cups and placed them to the ground, then darted towards Jungkook, whom he had dearly missed and hugged him tightly.

Yoongi meticulously started to sniff every part of his baby's body (as discreetly as possible because although Jungkookie's flustered, embarrassed look was a sight to see, no one else deserved to see it). He rubbed his scent in every way he could, ears flicking occasionally and a smug Cheshire grin overtook his face as he only smelt himself on his Jungkook. 'Good riddance,' he thought as he wrapped his tail around his pretty, pretty waist.

(Jungkook only giggled during the whole time Yoongi was doing this - he had missed him quite sorely and honestly, he adored how attentive Yoongi was and wanted to indulge in it, okay?)

Meanwhile, Jin was carrying out the shopping he had done with help from the owner, throwing the less fragile ones of the boat and carrying the others down. Yes, he had noticed that that damn cat had abandoned him the moment he had an opportunity to get off (although it would have been funny if Yoongi had overestimated himself and landed himself into the water).

Luckily, he was still met with the darling sight of Jungkook handing him a cup of coffee with his sweet doe eyes. Yoongi was still casually draped over Jungkook, one arm over his neck and the other transporting the drink to his mouth.

Seokjin took a sip of his coffee before commenting, "Wow, you reek of Yoongi." Yoongi glared at the other hybird, resting his head in the crevice of Jungkook's neck and rubbed even more just to spite him.

"That's not a bad thing...is it?" Jungkook asked, slightly concerned while stroking Yoongi's hair.

"Well, the only person that would be happy is Yoongi. He's basically telling everyone to fuck off, which, by the way, I am so hurt by, Min Yoongi. I thought we had an agreement to share!"

"...I guess." Yoongi sighed, placing his arms around Jungkook's waist and tugging him into his chest (both cups of coffee had been finished and disposed of correctly at this point). Jungkook looked at him curiously, watching him sulk in Jungkook's neck. "Fine. You can hug him too."

Jungkook snorted quietly; he could hug whoever he wanted but it was cute how Yoongi wanted to monopolise his attention. A light smack was felt on his butt: Yoongi murmured into Jungkook's neck, "Hey, I can still hear you."

"Sorry, sorry." He patted the hands interlinked around his waist to apologise.

"The impudence." The cat hybrid teased, still unaware of what Jungkook had gotten up to during his trip. "So, what happened to you when I went away?"

Jungkook nervously laughed. He knew that making more hybrid friends wasn't a crime, but he didn't know how Yoongi would react to them (and the fact that he kissed one of them). "Just made some new friends?"

"Mhm...sounds nice." He snuggled into Jungkook, resting his head on his shoulder.

"...You wanna meet them? They're really nice people."

"Sure, bun." Yoongi nosed Jungkook's fluffy hair gently, breathing in a smell he dearly missed.

-

("Jungkookie, you completely forgot about me, you brat!" Jin grumbled, watching the two having their cosy little moment.

"Haha, I'm sorry, hyungie. Forgive me?" Jungkook hit him with a small bunny smile, fluttering his lashes slightly and tilting his head to the side.

Fuckity fuck fuck. This wasn't fair; he couldn't stay mad at him when he acted like that. Evil boy.)

-

Dear hyungs,

Hi, it's Jungkook! I want all of you to be friends and meet so... Let's meet at the café at 10 o'clock tomorrow!

Sent at 2:33 am.

-

"So, where's the instigator of this meeting at?" Jin asked, dropping his bag on a nearby seat as he sat opposite Yoongi.

"Dunno. He sent me off pretty early, telling me he would meet up with us later." He scowled at his phone, wondering why Jungkook wasn't responding to his texts. He pressed the call button several times, before giving up and leaving him a voicemail, tail swaying a bit frantically.

"Hopefully nothing bad has happened to him." Jin rested his cheek on his hand, watching Yoongi's expression furrow in worry.

"Shouldn't you be a little bit more concerned right now?" He hissed at Jin's calm attitude, fur starting to raise on his ears and tail.

Seeing an opportunity, he quickly snapped a picture of Yoongi fluffing up (he knew Jungkook would adore the picture because he was weird like that).

"This is the idiot who thinks it's safe to take in some random fucker off the street and take him into his own home! Who knows what he could have gotten himself into!"

Several eyes turned to him.

"Mind your own fucking business!" He yelled at them, sharp canines clearly peeking out.

"Jesus Christ, what a wild cat." Jin muttered, covering his face with his hand and putting his face down to avoid any association with the cat hybrid.

He sighed. "Listen, Yoongi, you've got to understand that you've got to trust Jungkook a little more with his own safety. He's not stupid, nor is he incapable of beating the shit out of someone. It might just be something minor that's holding up Kook - there's no need to assume the worst."

(Although he was conveniently reminded by his brain that Jungkook did follow him, a stranger at the time, back to his house. Perhaps Yoongi had a point.)

"You don't fucking know that." He sighed. "Better to assume the worst than to assume the best, otherwise I'll be the one that gets fucked over." Yoongi sighed, sitting back down and curling himself up into the corner and trying to pretend he didn't just make a scene.

"Um...am I interrupting something?"

The two hybrids looked up to see a sheepish expression on a squirrel hybrid, standing off to the side awkwardly. "Hi, I'm Hoseok. I'm a friend of Jungkook?"

Yoongi glanced at the male, eyeing up his bright orange hair and fluffy, bushy tail as well as a weird knitted bag strapped to his belt. He huffed, staring back at the menu, giving him no greeting.

Jin nodded, feeling sympathetic for Hoseok, patting the seat next to him after removing his bag wordlessly. The squirrel hybrid hesitantly sat down, eyes darting back and forth on the two other hybrids.

"So, uh, Jungkookie mentioned he was hanging out with a couple other hybrids... I guess it's you guys?"

"Yeah, I guess." Yoongi mumbled, still brooding in the corner.

"Ignore him. He's sulky because I'm right." Jin swiftly dodged the menu thrown at him. He held out his hand. "I'm Jin. That's Yoongi. Nice to meet you."

Hoseok brightened up immediately, grateful that Jin fixed that tension somewhat. "Nice to meet you too!"

"Okay, enough of these pleasantries. How do you know Kook?" Yoongi asked, glaring just a bit. The other hybrid was unfazed by his attempt at intimidation.

Perhaps it was rash but to be fair he was riled up and frustrated, one, because it was someone he didn't know and that made him anxious, and two, he was terrible at keeping his emotions in check.

"Jungkookie's my student." He beamed, almost making Yoongi want to wince at how bright and positive it was. Eurgh.

"Wait, what?" Yoongi took in the words properly.

"You mean you're a teacher?" Jin asked him warily, taken aback at this blatant confession.

"Well, yeah. That's basically my job now."

Darting up, Yoongi gripped Hoseok's collar and yelled in his face. "You crazy fuck. That's a student you're taking advantage of! That's not okay!"

"Wait, wait, wait, wait, waitttt! There's a misunderstanding! I'm a dance teacher - he isn't sucking my dick for grades!"

"Oh." Yoongi loosened his grip slowly. "... sorry about that."

Jin merely had an exasperated expression on; he wanted an excuse to leave this table for a while before Yoongi went batshit crazy again.

Hoseok laughed, albeit a bit strained. "Anyway, how about you guys?"

"He picked me up on the street."

"He followed me home."

Hoseok's laughter became even more strained. "You know that doesn't sound very good, right...?"

"I mean, it's the truth." Yoongi stated bluntly.

"I wasn't aware Jungkookie did this stuff outside of classes..."

"Oh yeah, he's totally like this. I worry for him you know. He's gonna get himself hurt one day." Jin looked at his nails, all neatly manicured and cut, wondering when he could order.

"Is Jungkookie in some trouble?" Hoseok scratched his head, head spiraling into scenarios of Jungkook lurking in alleyways doing suspicious things. 'Surely not,' he thought.

"I mean, if his kindness is a threat to himself, then that'll be the issue. Nothing wrong with being nice, but he takes it too far sometimes." said Yoongi. He frowned, folding his arms as he tapped the table impatiently. "Are there any more of you? Jesus fucking Christ I hope not."

"Ah... I think Namjoon, my friend is coming. I didn't know he knew Jungkookie that well though." Hoseok watched the sulky expression morph into suspicious.

"What the hell then, I thought this was a 'Jungkook's friends' meeting, not a fucking 'trying to be friends with Jungkook' meeting!"

Jin rolled his eyes. "This could be a 'let Jungkook get to know people he wants to know better' meeting, you know. He only has Yugyeom as a real close friend, you know."

"He has me! And you...I guess." Yoongi added reluctantly.

"Jungkook should be allowed all the friends he wants to have. Including these other people that you're going to meet now."

Yoongi sighed. "I know." He knew Jungkook felt lonely sometimes, even with the company of him and Jin. It didn't help that he wasn't the greatest conversationalist, and also needed his alone time. It was just that he didn't want Jungkook to replace him, because he knew he wasn't a nice person, he knew he could never be enough for Jungkook.

The doorbell rang again; a cheetah hybrid entering. "Namjoon-ah!" The squirrel waved excitedly, the other's face brightening with recognition.

Yoongi couldn't help but wonder how the fuck Jungkook had managed to meet this much fucking people in such a short time. Hell, his actual friend count amounted to a big fat one, if Jin thought of him that way, and he didn't just want to be a friend to Jungkook, but if that was the case, then maybe two.

(Hopefully that was not the case. He crossed his fingers under the table and closed his eyes tightly. Jin stared at him, slightly baffled and slipped out his phone again to take a picture.)

"Hello. I'm Kim Namjoon. I'm twenty three and I'm a music producer." He introduced himself, dimples appearing in his cheeks as he smiled.

"What is this place, a speed dating café?" Jin mumbled, hidden by the menu.

"Just fucking order, hyung. Stop staring at the stupid pictures and order them." Yoongi muttered back, staring at the amicable atmosphere over on the other side of the table.

Jin rolled his eyes. "Look, there's an art in ordering things, okay? Potty mouthed cat."

"Okay. I want a coffee."

"Am I your slave now?"

"I wish, but Jungkook would never let me." Yoongi let out a disappointed sigh.

"Aish...so rude."

"Um...hello, hi?" Namjoon repeated, watching the two argue rather tamely, both sat down and staring at their menus.

Hoseok laughed weakly, shaking his head like it was normal. "They do that, I think. At least they have been since I arrived. Don't worry about them. I didn't know you knew Jungkook so well!"

"That's the thing...I don't. We've talked a couple times over text and bumped into him a couple of times, but he's so shy to the point he can't look into my eyes."

Hoseok paused. "Wait, what did you say?"

"I...talk to him?" Namjoon answered uncertainly. Jin and Yoongi listened into their conversation quietly, sipping on his tea.

"I don't remember giving you his number though? Did I?" He tilted his head to the side, trying to recall if he did such a thing.

"Haha... that's the thing, I bumped into him at a café. You know, the one he works at, and he wrote his number on my cup. And then ran away."

"How come Jungkookie didn't do that for me?" Hoseok's rounded ears fell flat onto his head, disappointed. "I visit him all the time when he's working too!"

Jin patted his back. "It's okay." He sighed dramatically. "You're not the only one. He never did that for me either. And Yoongi too."

Namjoon laughed awkwardly at the envious glances directed at him.

"I wish Kookie would hit on me too." Hoseok sighed longingly, gazing off into the distance. "He'd be so cute."

"Squirrel, keep your paws off Jungkook." Yoongi grumbled, giving him a dirty look.

"Hmm...nah." Hoseok gave him the brightest smile he could possibly give, perhaps emanating sunshine.

"Stop that!" The cat hybrid grumbled, covering his eyes to block out his sunny beam. "Squirrels being cute my ass! You're a menace."

Hoseok's face immediately drooped into a sad ㅇㅅㅇ face. "Wow, that hurt. I'm a delight, thank you very much." He clutched his hand to his chest, making a pained noise.

"Just tattle to Jungkook. He's the owner of Yoongi." Jin commented, amused by the commotion.

A hot blush rose to Yoongi's face. "Don't say that out loud, that's fucking embarrassing!"

"Man, why you getting embarrassed over this? I'd gladly announce it to the whole world if he was mine." He glanced at his nails. "Also, when you can, get a matching pair of bracelets or something. Scenting only does so much. Chokers can work too, but I think Jungkook would literally choke with the amount of chokers he might have to put on his neck."

"Wait, you're Jungkookie's hybrid?" Hoseok tilted his head, clear confusion on his face. "Well shit." 'Better not tell him.'

"Y-yeah." The blush remained on his cheeks, not used to telling others. He faced Jin. "And what do you mean the amount of chokers he's going to put on? He only has one hybrid and that's me." He ignored Jin's eye roll, as if he was saying, 'yeah sure, keep telling yourself that.' "And how do you even know if Jungkook wants to wear a choker?"

"Yeah well, I think it'd look cute on him. Don't you think? His neck is really pretty after all." He took out his phone and brought out a picture of Jungkook, drawing a black line on Jungkook's neck. "See? Doesn't he look delectable?"

Hoseok whistled lowly. "Wow, that's a loose neckline. It's...very sexy. Wait, can you send that picture to me?"

"Sure, what's your number? And you too, Namjoon-ssi, I can see your interest too." The three exchanged phone numbers, Yoongi fuming at Jungkook's exposed shoulder, exposed neck, exposed collarbone and shy expression (that was not supposed to be so alluring) in the hands of someone else to see. Where the hell did he even get that photo? (And was this even okay to do without Jungkook knowing about it? But knowing how weak Jungkook could be against Jin's sad face, and how protective Jin could be of Jungkook, he guessed it would be alright.)

Yoongi glanced at his phone again, seeing that Jungkook hadn't replied to his text messages yet or called him back. He was slightly concerned, but he really hoped it was only something minor because he didn't think his heart could take anything more that a small problem.

He'd have to think about the paired bracelets or even earrings, seeing how many piercings he had. Although a choker would be a great idea, he thought he would die if he had to see him in that every day, or at least when he went outside (he'd want to pounce on him real bad).

Ah, he'd have to discuss this with Jungkook anyway. He had no idea what he would like, although he thought a thin choker with his name on it would be nice, but not many owners liked to be the ones marked with their hybrid's name (but it would be so good at barring people off, unless people got the idea that Jungkook was called Yoongi).

"Yo, Yoongi? You there?"

Whoops, he had drifted off into his head too much. He noticed there were two more faces amongst the group, which was just great. More people that Jungkook had to go and attract with his stupidly attractive self.

"I'm Taehyung!"

"And I'm Jimin. Pleased to meet you." The two greeted with a smile before taking a seat.

With another brief round of introductions, they all sat in a somewhat scattered circle.

"So, when's the little seductress coming?" Jin asked unabashedly, seeing that it had been a while. He had finished two drinks in the meantime, watching all their antics. They were a rowdy group already and he could imagine it being even nosier with Jungkook in the mix.

"Still not responding. I hope he's just asleep at this point." Yoongi responding after checking his phone.

"So, are we all here because we want to pursue Jungkookie?" Jimin asked the others, legs crossed and arms folded.

"Well, I presume so. We all have some interest in him, but I also don't think it's necessarily bad if we also become friends either...How about it?"

"So... we're going to encourage each other to pursue Jungkookie?"

"Yeah, why not. We're all trying to get closer to Jungkook, and whether it results to a romantic relationship is up to him, so we might as well keep things amicable." Namjoon suggested, recieving a bunch of perplexed looks. "You don't have to do if you don't want too... I just thought it was a good idea to get to know each other as well as Jungkook because he's going to be spending time with every one of us, right?"

"No, no, it's a good idea. In fact," Jin smiled a little too enthusiastically, placing a hand on Yoongi's shoulder. "I'm sure Yoongi would love to do that especially, right Yoongi? He really wants to be friends with you all!"

Namjoon's face lit up at Jin's ridiculous declaration.

"What do you mean, 'he really wants to be friends', you bastard?" Yoongi hissed to Jin, making sure he didn't raise his voice so the others could hear.

"You know you're lonely. You can't have Kook forever you know; I'm doing you a favour and expanding your circle." He winked at him exaggeratedly, before jumping back into the chatter.

"...thanks." Yoongi managed to mumble out.

"I told you, I'm your friend and I care about you too." A rush of warmth filled Yoongi's chest. "I'm still Jungkookie's favourite though."

"Psh, as if. I'm his favourite." Yoongi returned back, a small smile plastered on his face.

-

"Hey, Jungkookie. I'm home!" Yoongi wondered what had happened to him when Jungkook was the one that set up the meeting but never actually showed up.

The others had parted ways earlier to go off and do their own business. Yoongi's phone was now strangely filled with five new contacts, and they had set up a group chat with the seven of them, jokingly named, 'Jungkookie's hot men harem'. He laughed hard at the ridiculous name when Taehyung suggested it, already imagining Jungkook's bewildered face when he notices he's been added.

Yoongi also carried the concerns of the others, seeing that he didn't arrive, ready to be relayed to Jungkook. He checked inside Jungkook's room (to be fair, it was their room at this point, because Jungkook didn't like the idea of Yoongi sleeping on the couch, and neither did Yoongi like the idea of making Jungkook to sleep on the couch either, so they shared a bed. It was better for both of them; Yoongi avoided worsening his back pains and got to cuddle with his favourite person, and Jungkook loved to be cuddled and petted to sleep, so it was a win-win for both of them).

To his surprise, Jungkook was still asleep at two in the afternoon. Yoongi tutted, going towards the bed to stroke Jungkook's hair and gaze at how soft and peaceful Jungkook looked when he was asleep.

"...Ngh?" Jungkook blinked blearily up at Yoongi, his eyes glassy with sleep. He looked a little dazed, hair still slightly tousled. "Yoongi-hyung...? Why are you back already?"

Yoongi pinched Jungkook's nose lightly, then booping it quickly. "It's already two, Jungkookie-ah."

"...oh." His response was paused. "How was the meeting then? Were they nice to you?" Jungkook asked, suddenly more energetic, eyes sparkling with anticipation as he gave a big smile. Yoongi smiled at how excited he looked, almost like a kid waiting to open his present on their birthday.

He hummed a sound of agreement. "They were pretty cool. You have good taste in men, I have to say."

"Yoongi!" Jungkook blushed, eyes widening. "It's not like that-" He turned a brighter shade of pink, blush reaching to his ears as he tried to cover his face. "I–I just think hyungs are really cool and so nice–and I...really, really like them–"

He chuckled at Jungkook's flustered, frantic waving of hands as he tried to explain. "It's okay, baby. Hyungs really like Jungkookie as well, okay? And I'm sure all of us would be happy to hear you say that, so don't be so embarrassed, alright?"

"I, it's okay for me to like all of you? I'm not a weirdo?" Jungkook asked quietly.

"No, bun. It's perfectly okay."

Jungkook hesitated. "Does everyone else like each other too?"

Yoongi held Jungkook's hand, giving him a comforting squeeze. "Well, we've only just met. I don't particularly feel any romantic attraction, but I have a feeling we could be good friends." He had a small smile on his face, thumb drawing circles on Jungkook's hand.

Finally, Jungkook felt some of the worry escape him. He had been burdened with the worry if it was alright to have six different crushes, all hybrids and truthfully told, still rather new in terms of knowing them. It had only been a couple months.

"Also, don't set up a meeting and not come! Do you know how worried we were?" Yoongi pinched his nose again, making Jungkook scrunch his face although there wasn't even that much force put into it.

"I'm sorry, hyung...It's just, you'd all probably try to talk to me or the other person you know and then it'd be awkward and then what's the point?" He pouted, whining. "Plus I was really tired and I couldn't be bothered to wake up at ten." He added quickly.

Yoongi sighed. "Whatever. We still ended up talking to the one we knew anyway so your plan failed."

"Hyunggg,"

Yoongi patted Jungkook on the head suddenly. Jungkook stared at him confusedly, watching him gesture to his phone.

He unlocked his screen to see a shit ton of messages from all his hyungs and missed calls from Yoongi (perhaps he was exaggerating but still). "Ah, I'm sorry hyung."

"No, not that. There's no need to apologise anyway, it's not your fault you sleep like the dead."

"It's my body though..." Jungkook mumbled, opening up his messages to see he'd been added to a new group chat. "Jungkookie's... hot men harem? ...What the fuck is this?"

"Taehyung made the name. Pretty fitting, huh? Because you're our little seductress."

Jungkook felt heat rise to his face again. "Ah, hyung, why?" He whined again, burying his face into his hands. "You're so annoying!"

If you wanna, please comment 💜 because I am needy (but ngl commenting is hard I never have anything witty to say).

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

609K 24.7K 84
Abandoned in a box, Ahn Soohyun finds them and becomes BTS's adopted mother. Did I mention they're hybrids? Started: 06/17/18 Ended: 01/27/20
100K 3.5K 25
After Areum's brother, Park Jimin, brought her an adorable bunny and named it Jungkook. When the time had come that Jimin has to leave to study to Ca...
970K 41.3K 34
" since you stole my boy, I am stealing yours. " -jjk