Little Miss McGonagall.

Por I-Got-Krusty-Krabs

Following the death of her dear husband, Minerva McGonagall is left to do the one thing she had never imagine... Más

Child.
Dursley.
Dumbledore.
"She's five."
For the First Time.
Child on the Brink.
Beatriz Isobel Urquart.
Escapes and Traps.
Nicolas Flamel.
Controlled.
Innocent Eyes.
Returns.
Second Year Sparks.
Third Year Fancies.
Wolf on the Mend.
Year 3 Won't End.
Welcoming Speech.
New Students.
Shopping in the Snow.
12 Grimmauld Place.
Professor Umbridge's Fatal Attack.
Missing Home.
The Burrow.
Slug's Club.
17th Birthday.
Studying Muggles Alone.
Fighting your Demons.
Time to Stop.

1979.

4K 84 6
Por I-Got-Krusty-Krabs

Long teaching robes were worn but layers had been shed. The baking day was actually cold but that was a memo McGonagall was yet to hear. Her hat was on one side as she worked over the parchment that was poorly written by a first-year. Her hair had been up in a bun as she wrote, and for the hour of marking that she had done, it didn't seem to come to anything. More papers had to be marked.

"Minerva." A soft knock came to the door and she shot her eyes up. The door to McGonagall's office was forced open as her beady eyes were left to take in the figure that took up the door frame. The grave look in his eyes told her of the severity of the situation. With the rise of a dark wizard named Voldemort that look was never good to see.

"Albus?" Her hand rested on the small bump that was barely forming below as she seemed to grow in the passing days. Her belly had begun looking swollen and sore to the eye. Babies weren't something that she had ever planned on but it was something Minerva was always desperate for. Working at Hogwarts didn't accommodate a child but she was close to home and her husband was there. It wouldn't be too hard for the pair of them, surely.

"I am so sorry Minerva. I have just been contacted by a member of the Ministry. They weren't supposed to let you know for another day just to be safe but I am unable to keep this from you." Minerva was on the edge of her seat as she waited on the news. Millions of things flew through her mind as she waited for a response.

"Just tell me, Albus." Soothing circles were made on her stomach as she spoke harshly to him but there was a hesitation before he spoke, a hand was placed atop her hand and he stood with misery in his features.

"This reminds me of the time you discovered that Mr McGregor was married. I am sorry Minerva but you see your husband was working today and due to an unfortunate accident, he has moved on." Eyes stricken with pure grief met him and slowly tears fell, thin hands then lifted and wiped the trail of tears away before they began to shake and they rested on her stomach. Her baby was well buried in there.

"But, no, he can't. I haven't got the power to do it alone." Nails dug in slightly deeper before she let out a sob. One arm covered her face as she wept into the desk and the fabric around her arm grew to be wet as she lost her resolve. A warm hand met her back as she cried. Albus was struggling to keep it together during the moment. Minerva was a strong soul but she was also so brittle when love was involved.

"My dear Minerva, I believe that you should take this week coming off. It is only fair, you can take longer if needed but a week will be a minimum as I know you well enough to know that you would rather be at work tomorrow. No Head of House, no teacher, no staff and most importantly no friend of mine is going to work whilst they face this." He was being so gentle with her as she cried deeply and her breaths grew deeper in her chest. Air was shaky as it entered.

"My baby is due this September, I was supposed to have him with me. Frankly the thought of my home, our home is sickening. My husband was my life and now I have to deal with this. Whether they are male or female it won't matter because I will never be able to provide a home appropriate for them. What if my baby was to live elsewhere?" Albus had to flick his eyes from her to her stomach as Minerva focused her attention on the small bump.

"Minerva, you are saying this now but when this little sherbet is born you would sooner die than let another person steal them from you. I also know that you will be a marvellous mother. A teacher such as yourself is well equipped for difficult situations, no sleep and reluctant people." Minerva smiled and let her eyes dry a little. When the room plunged into silence again tears welled and Albus found that she was more upset than before.

"What can I do for him? Can I take his body for the proper burial that he deserves?" Albus took her hand and squeezed it lovingly. He was trying to help her but his words failed him for a moment.

"Yes, you may, tomorrow, I assure you that if wanted I can excuse another member of staff. I know you have found a friend in many members of staff to you can choose who accompanies you." Minerva nodded and wiped her tears from her face once again. Nothing would ever be the same after this.

"Thank you, Albus." He nodded solemnly before his hand rested on her shoulder for a second and then he was gone from the room. Her thoughts were all she had to occupy herself and they seemed to be highly dangerous and so with that, a long walk was taken. To the herbology classroom.

"Pomona." A witch that was dripping in yellow and dirt turned slowly, whilst holding a questioning look as quill met the parchment before her. Pomona had never been strong with words but the air she carried had already begun to soothe Minerva. She was a true Hufflepuff.

"Minerva?" Finally left the woman's mouth before she stopped with her marking and pulled up one of the available chairs. The rain outside was soothing to those in the greenhouse but quite unappealing to those who were outside. The arrival of anyone, least of all Minerva was quite startling as Pomona had indeed grown with the witch and knew her to be too sensible for such a dreary walk.

Silence was rarely had between the two as Pomona and McGonagall spoke. Life seemed to throw all that it could to those who braved it and at times such as these, McGonagall bitterly hated it. She was piecing life together and yet it was smashed from her weak grasp at a time that she needed comforting the most.

The day was passed and a grave given to the man of whom held Minerva's heart. Losing those who loved her and she loved seemed to knock and destroy her but she stood firm. So firm that the remainder of the week was spent preparing lessons and marking all of the homework that had been set aside for her stern eye on a later date. Procrastination wasn't something that she did. The world never stopped to mourn the loss of someone or the destruction of the land, it spun constantly and she knew that.

It wasn't long until not only had the students left but they had also returned. Lessons had to be given and the nine months of carrying a child was taking grip as McGonagall paced and worked away. Pains would shoot through her frequently until finally, they fell into the emptiness that had grown to be her soul. A dark world was looming and the rise of The Dark Lord was creeping into the minds of students and teachers alike.

"Professor, what will happen if he wins? What will happen to us and you?" First years were filled with all of the expected fear and more as their lives filled with suffering and change. Parents dying as well as the news bringing more upset on the daily.

"You will all be fine. Your parents are caring and we here will not allow you to be alone for long. We are all here for you. Now, enough of this dreary topic for today. We will continue with this lesson. Cups and animals." Her wand flung out and the board was hit with an imaginary object before students pulled all of their efforts back and placed it onto the board. The words engraved into their minds.

When the class had left, her swollen ankles were left to rest as a hand ran along the bulging stomach that belonged to Minerva. Her green robes were fitting for a child and the free-flowing material blew into a bundle as it moved freely around her frame. Any of her usual comforts had been lost, no husband to help her sleep, to get desired food but the comfort of sleep had been the last thing to be taken from her. Strong hands had to give it up as she felt the child move at all times.

"Come on Sherbert. Let me just sit for a while will you?" Hands tried to shuffle the fabric but it was no use as the child filled every inch that it could and so the clothes would just have to sit uncontrollably until born. Pressure had been building for so long that it couldn't have been long until the child could be born.

By the time dinner had rounded her pain was so rife that McGonagall couldn't take it anymore. It had been a deep desire of the professor to not let Poppy be the one to deliver the baby and so Minerva waddled to her chambers. Albus was always kind, it was felt particularly when he had hooked up the fireplace to St Mungo's. It would be a sweet release if the child could have just been born. As a sudden afterthought, a Patronus was sent to Pomona and in an instant, she was gone.

Once arriving, a person in white had been taken by surprise but after a second of thought and observation he held out a hand that she took just to help her get onto a bed. For the next two days, pain consumed Minerva. Professors took it in turns just waiting outside and only a select few were permitted entrance to the room. The baby would have to be born eventually but it was her first and she was a bit older. This meant that it wasn't quite as normal.

"A baby girl." Through all the screaming a tiny hand was found and Minerva let her finger move into it. Immediately, the hand gripped onto her so tightly that she could feel some real strength. The small nails and the bright red body was watched until doctors took her to be weighed and checked over. She sounded healthy enough.

"All right Miss McGonagall. Is there anyone that you would like to come in and see you or baby?" With the quick question, the baby was handed back to her as she nodded. It was slow and painful as the doctor had only just left the room feeling content with both the mother and child.

"If I have any visitors they may see me." The young doctor nodded and smiled at his old professor. That was one implication of working at the top school for magic. You were known and knew most faces, even if it wasn't wanted.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

152 24 31
A story of a missing child. A egg that has fallen from her nest into the paternal arms of another, herself and the world around her unknowing of her...
21.8K 404 17
Joining Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in her fifth year, Avalon quickly learns that the wizarding world is submerging into a darkness th...
17.9K 858 51
Before she was Professor McGonagall, she was Minerva Macnair. After an arranged marriage forces her into an impossible situation, Minerva does what s...
48.7K 1.4K 16
- in which 𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐇 of Hufflepuff House stumbles through her final year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, playing big siste...