Cookies & Cuffs

By tea_bag_

"You know most people go to clubs or social gathering to find a date, not a fucking prison." 21 year old Melo... More

Authors Note
The Scars Series
I| "Romeo Romero?"
II| "My gay best friend!"
III| "His pregnant fiancé!"
IV| "I got you a friend!"
V| "You're such a pervert,"
VII| "Don't know her,"
VIII| "You broke Rule No. 2!"
IX| "Complete stranger,"
X| Cayden's science experiment
XI|"Regla número 3!"
XII|"Life really is a bitch, huh?"
XIII|"You're a good person,"
XIV|"Who is Cayden Royce?"
XV|"Enjoy my parting gift,"
XVI|"Oh no, my poor James,"
XVII|"Tank who?"
XVIII|"Cookiessss..."
XIX|"Melody, I'm married."
XX|"I thought you left me,"
XXI|"Melody, stop following him!"
XXII|"Mum and dad are fighting,"
XXIII|"Guys, we've got incoming,"
XXIII.2| "Don't say her name,"
XXIV| "What's his name?"
XXV| "Tragic villain backstory,"
XXVI|"There goes your rule No.4,"
XXXVII| "You joined a gang!"
XXVIII| "I thought we were family,"
XXXIX| "It's about to rain."
IX | "The family business,"
Thank You

VI| "I'm literally in prison,"

12.2K 479 125
By tea_bag_

Melody

"I'm gonna miss you so much!" I fake cried, "You were my favourite uncle,"

"I'm not even your uncle," Romero deadpans, staring at me blankly.

I continue, "you know, I don't have an uncle but I'm sure if I had one, I'd want them to be like you,"

Romero raises a brow at me, "no you wouldn't,"

I shake my head, "no I wouldn't,"

Romero rolls his eyes at me, finally an amused smile on his face, "you know, you're not actually bad, kid,"

I stopped my over-exaggerated pout and started at Romeo in awe, "awh, thank you, Romero, you're not actually too bad yourself if you look past the whole criminal thing, no offence," I quickly added. Romero smiles, I think this the first time I've actually seen him smile...

"You know, you should smile more," I comment, I really hope he didn't kill anyone.

His smile drops, "no, kid, I'm literally in prison,"

I shrug, "doesn't mean you can't smile, well never mind that, I got you a little something,"

Romero groans, "please don't be what I think it is," he prays

I frown at him, "don't tell me Cayden ruined the surprise,"

I flatten the paper out, "I drew you a little house, it's got a tree, garden and look I tried fitting a pool but it just looks like a mini sink..." I pointed.

I look up at Romero who stares at the paper with a look of remorse and sadness, my eyes widen and I gasp, covering the picture, "oh no, I'm so sorry, I honestly just wanted to give a drawing... Of a house... But it was supposed to be like a-a-"

I stopped stuttering when I noticed Romero's hand reach forward, pulling the drawing towards him and staring at it, he finally breaks the silence, "thanks kid, I like it,"

I sigh in relief, "phew, I thought I offended you, I mean I probably did, but like in a good way. What I mean to say is, I'm sorry please don't send your goons after me,"

In an instance, Romero's expression changes from that blankly cold-hearted man I was getting to someone who looks a lot more playful. He tuts at the picture and shakes his head, "I might still have to send my goons after you, just because of this drawing, what even is this, a tree or a cloud?"

I awkwardly laugh, "see what happened was I drew a cloud, then at the end when I went to draw the tree I thought it was part of it you know, kinda joined it then it just ended up being this giant tree..."

Romero looks like he's holding in a laugh as he shakes his head, "oh kid, I might actually miss you, you know,"

I give him a toothy grin, "me too, you know, I could still-"

Romero quickly shuts me up with this disapproving look, "no, no you can't,"

Looking down I frown, "Well you could always come visit me when you get out," or not...

He rolls his eyes at me, slowly starting to get up, "Alright, get out of here kid,"

I copy him as he stands up, making sure to pick the paper up and walking away, stopping to turn around and salutes me, with a little smile I copy his salute.

Later, Romeo Romero.
.

.

.

I don't even know why I got the cookies and roses, knowing full well that I wasn't allowed to take them in.

I felt kinda bad since this was going to be my last visit to Cayden, kinda felt like I was dumping him, so I thought why not give him a little treat. I should've just stuck to my drawings...

But see that's not the worst thing, it was the fact that Cayden wasn't even here.

You'd think the lady on the phone would tell me, but nope, I was supposed to have known.

So here I was waiting outside the building with flowers and a half-empty box of cookies (I got hungry).

But luckily, I still had some luck because the next thing I know, James walks out while getting something out from his pocket, but the moment he notices me his face lights me and he pushes whatever he was getting out of his jacket back inside.

"Kitten!" He calls, walking towards me, "what are you doing here...With flowers and cookies?" He furrows his brows in confusion.

I quickly make up a story as I go, "erm I-I was given them! From the-the flower shop!" I'm so dumb...

He narrows his eyes at me but an amused smile still on his face, "oh okay...I mean that's really nice of them,"

I eagerly nod, hoping he doesn't add anything else, "so what about you, you on break?"

He nods, "yep, so who you visiting today since you know, Cayden's not here,"

I nod, "yeah I know..." I look down at my box of cookies, quickly looking up at James and holding them out towards him, "you want?"

He peeks at the box, "yeah sure, these look yum!" He excitedly reached in, grabbing one and biting into it, "I was right, these are absolute yum!"

"Thank you!" I smiled, my eyes wandering around the area until they stop on an approaching white van as it slowly rolls to a stop.

I continue to watch as two police officers get out from the front and walk towards the back, only to return a few seconds later with a few more police officers and none other than... Cayden!

I gasp and quickly walk towards him without even thinking, "Cayden?"

He looks down at the open box of cookies and back up at me with a brow raised, "Cookies?"

The police officers turned towards Cayden, "you know this young lady?"

Before I could listen to Cayden's response from the corner of my eye I could see a large car near my car, inspecting it, oh no!

I quickly run towards the man about to stick something on the back of my car, "hey wait!"

The guy shakes his head at me and is about to walk back towards his car when I notice what his about to do, no!

"Hey! You can't just tow my car, I'm stood right here," I cry, standing beside my car

"You weren't here 2 minutes ago," he deadpans, "you can collect your car from here," he hands me a paper,

I glance down at the paper, "$325! You've got to be kidding me!" I protest, "this is a disgrace," the man hardly pays any attention to my cries and walks back to his car.

I watch as my car is slowly towed away from me, revealing the mobility sign painted on the parking spot, I swear that wasn't there 2 days ago...

I sit down on the sidewalk with the flowers and the cookies beside me, $325!

I sense someone sitting beside me, but I don't turn to acknowledge who it is. $325!

"So... How we getting home?" the person next to me ask, the voice I recognise as Cayden.

I turn towards him confused, "what?" I find him opening the box of cookies as well as someone who was dressed in a police uniform beside him, holding his hand up as a wave.

"Home?" He questions, pointing toward some papers he holds up, what?

I groan and facepalm, this whole day is a mess!

"$325!"

- Authors Note -

Hey!!

Its a hectic chapter!😂 But I hope you guys enjoyed it.

Thank you guys for reading, comments or voting!!💕💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

336 121 26
Never thought that she had to move out with a guy especially when she's not used to living with somebody. Maya's parents had to travel throughout the...
237K 2.5K 33
#1 badboygoodgirl #1 relationship-complicated Watching a car go up in flames is traumatic enough in itself. Watching a car go up in flames with the...
219K 4.9K 58
What would you do if your life turned to complete and utter shit after just one day? Would you breakdown and pray someone held you together? What if...
4.1M 117K 30
"In a room that held the most dangerous men, stood an angel." ~ Daisy was a beautiful, naïve daughter of a proud, wealthy family. Somehow, she agreed...