My Boyfriend's Best Friend

By kimpyvon

Alexis Reed, a certified good girl. Her parents died when she was sixteen years old and so, making her boyfri... More

My Boyfriend's Best Friend
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 12

14.3K 282 44
By kimpyvon

I froze.

I literally did.

I didn't know what to do.

Currently, I'm standing on the sand, as the breeze blows through my skin.

The smell of the salty sea water and sweat of the people in this beach haunted me.

I was never this far from home.

Never.

I took my shawl, wrapping it on my arms as I warmed myself by rubbing my arms.

"Alexis! Join me!"

I squinted my eyes at him.

That's my boyfriend, Carson Matthews.

My seemingly perfect boyfriend.

"Carson, you know how much I despise water." I scowled.

Anything else is fine, but water--

Is my worst enemy.

Sure, I drink water, but when it comes to swimming--

It's different.

I just never tried swimming before.

It looks so.. scary, not to mention, the sea seem so.. blue.

"There are no sea monsters for the hundredth time, Alexis." Carson replied, mocking me.

Yes, I believe in sea monsters too..

So much for watching cartoons.

"But--"

But before I could even say anything, Carson came running towards the sandy shore, attacking me.

I was lifted up my feet by my hot, bare chested boyfriend.

My cheeks turned crimson and I yelled at the top of my lungs.

"CARSON YOU PUT ME DOWN THIS INSTANT!" I screamed, pounding his back.

"Ouch, you could've done it a bit gentler, you know." Carson said softly, still carrying me.

"Okay, Carson sweetie, it's not nice anymore so please put me down--"

"Not a chance." He smirked, interrupting me as he jumped in the water, splashing the salty water surrounding him.

"No no no Carson, don't put me down anymore, I'm scared." I said, clinging to him.

His smirk grew wider as he went deeper in the sea.

He fixed my position, making me face the water, making me flinch.

"No, Carson, please don't. God, I'm scared."

"You will be scared forever if you don't even try to overcome it." Carson sighed.

"But I wouldn't be able to overcome it if I know I fear it." I replied, rolling my eyes.

"You know that doesn't make sense, Alexis."

I scoffed at him.

"It does too! I know myself I am scared of these things and that's that. I don't need to 'try' it to know that I'm scared."

Suddenly, he plopped me in the freezing sea water.

I gaped at him and threw my arms in the air screaming.

"SOMEBODY HELP ME! I'M DROWNING!!"

"Alexis--"

"DON'T YOU ALEXIS ME YOU BASTARD, I'M DROWNING CAN'T YOU SEE?!?"

"Um--"

"SHUT THE HELL UP YOU--"

"ALEXIS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, YOU'RE NOT EVEN DROWNING!"

I stopped moving and realized I was stepping on the sea floor.

"Oh." is all I can say.

I flushed because of embarrassment, looking around the other couples swimming, chuckling to themselves as they throw a glance on me.

Poor me.

I wish I could disappear now.

I gazed at Carson, and he burst out laughing.

"That was hysterical!"

"Stop laughing at me." I said, glaring, putting my hands on my hips.

He bit his lower lip to prevent himself from laughing, but failed.

He laughed once more, hitting him on the head.

"Ouch.. I'm sorry; I couldn't stop laughing." He said, shaking, clutching his stomach.

I stopped getting angry and watched him laugh.

His smile is so cute, that's what I thought to myself.

He really is an amazing boyfriend.

He stopped laughing when he noticed me just plainly staring at him.

"What?" He asked,

"Nothing," I replied, shaking my head.

"You just look cute when you laugh." I continued.

I saw a hint of blush on his cheeks and he wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me towards him.

"And you look cute in every way possible." He said, kissing the top of my forehead.

"Shut up." I muffled, burrying my face on his shoulder.

We stayed like that for a few minutes and I looked up to him.

He looked down at me, well, I was definitely shorter than him, and our breaths are already mixing.

Our faces are nearing each other, lips about to touch when all of a sudden--

"OUCH!" Carson yelped, rubbing the back of his head and turning sideways.

I stood there, stunned, just as I watched a floating beachball near us.

"Sorry!"

We stared at the voice's direction and there he was.

Speak of the devil.

Darren.

"Hey D. What are you doing here..?" Carson asked, raising his brow.

"Nothing really. My date just happened to want to go to Kauai. I didn't know you guys are here." Darren replied.

My jaw dropped as I saw him bare chested as well, of course, he's in the water, why else would he not be?

Then my gaze plummeted to his six pack abs, I gulped, suddenly I felt hot, and then all the way down his beach shorts.

I snapped back to reality, slapping myself mentally, and when I looked at Darren, he was smirking at me devilishly.

Holy cow.

"Mind if we meet your date?" Carson asked, still smiling but something seems to be bothering him.

"Sure." Darren said.

"CUPCAKE!"

We flinched at the sound of a very high-pitched voice.

Then a redhead ran towards Darren, giggling, wrapping her arm around Darren's waist.

She is.. well, very curvy in the right places.

She is pretty bony too, like those supermodels who went to rehab.

I laughed at this thought, making them look towards me.

"What's funny?" The redhead scoffed, looking at me weirdly.

"Huh? N-Nothing.."

Did I just stutter?

Oh yes, I did.

I grew so much more insecure of my body because of this redhead infront of me.

She is glaring right at me and I was doing the hell freaking the same.

Who does she think she is?

Just because she's Darren's date.

Ha! He'll throw her afterwards anyways.

I see invisible electric shocks between Patricia and I as we eyed on each other.

"Her name is Patricia." Darren said, breaking the deafening silence.

"Hi Patricia! My name is Carson." Carson gladly greeted, smiling widely.

"Hi Carson!" She flirtily winked.

I see Darren chuckle a bit as he gazed at me.

I glared at him and glared at Patricia.

"Hi. Alexis." I bluntly answered.

"Hello Alexissssss." Patricia replied, her voice piercing, and she pronounced the 'S' sound for too long.

I was already shooting daggers at her in my imagination for all I know.

"So meet you guys up later," Darren said, flashing his grin as if he has won victory over something.

Hell.

"Yeah, cupcake and I are going to do a loooooot more things." Patricia giggled.

Really, that girl is just annoying!

I would take any freaking blabbing parrot over her.

I have this annoyance towards talking parrots.

Don't ask why, 'cuz I don't know either.

"Well, Carson and I are doing a looooooooot of things too," I said, copying her annoying shrill voice and taking Carson by the arm.

Carson chuckled while redhead Patricia just glared at me, squinting her eyes. I raised one brow and turned my back away from them.

Huh, I feel victory's creeping my side this time.

We went as far away from them but I can't seem to figure out why there's a sinking feeling in my chest.

It's bothering me!

And I can't help but steal glances at the both of them.

Seriously, no wonder that redhead wanted to go to a place like Kauai, that's because she can show off her skinny legs and big bum made of plastic surgery. She's just too slutty an average girl can be.

I saw the both of them throwing this beachball, as if having fun but really, it sickens me.

The both of them.

The devil and the slut.

Fits them.

I didn't realize I was already watching them too much when a hand gently touched my shoulder.

"Is something wrong?"

I looked at Carson, his eyes speak sad.

"Nothing." I replied, giving him a faint smile.

"Okay, wanna grab some lunch? I think we did enough swimming for you to handle." Carson winked.

I paused for a moment.

Lunch or watch them?

Pssh, why would I even put watching them as an option?

It's definitely a waste of my damn time.

"Sure. Lunch sounds good." I replied, taking Carson by the arm as we walked to the shore.

We went towards our spot where we put out a pink umbrella and some towels for Carson and I to lie down later if we want to tan or something.

I put my hair in a messy bun and slipped on my white sunglasses that matches my white bikini.

Both Carson and I dried ourselves with towels and I slipped on my plain yellow tee while Carson puts on his white button downs.

"Let's go?" He smiled.

"Yeah, sure."

We decided to go to the island cafe. It's basically a small hut, with a countertop and some long bar-like chairs. You can still the sea and the sand from here since it's open air,

I kept on glancing behind me, seems to me Darren and Patricia are still on the water, flirting with each other.

I snapped back towards the counter, not even bothering to look at them once more and focused on the menu.

"What would you like to eat?" Carson asked.

Out of my concrete mind, I answered,

"I would like Patricia's head laid on a platter with an apple on her mouth."

Carson just gaped at me, I turned to him and he burst out laughing.

I did too.

"That was hilarious. Why do you hate her so much?" Carson said, in between laughs.

"I just don't like that kind of girls. You know what I mean." I winked, wiping a laughing tear from my eye.

"Yeah, I do. But geez, earlier, it was like you were going to rip her throat out already." Carson laughed.

"Well, her shrill voice is destroying my poor eardrums." I retorted.

We both laughed and placed our orders.

We were chatting about things like his grandmother and I missed this kind of closeness between the both of us.

Seeing Carson and talking to him all over again seem like ages before.

"One club tiki sandwich and long iced tea for the young man, a grilled chicken sandwich and tropical fruit juice." The bare chested waiter said, it's not called a beach without these hunky bare-chested waiters.

He laid the food on the table as I licked my lips in anticipation.

I turned to look at Carson who is just staring at me with a huge smirk on his face, marveling how hungry I look like maybe..

"What? Haven't seen a girl licking her lips before?" I snorted.

Carson just laughed, saying nothing.

I took a bite, savoring the chicken and its aroma.

Mmmmm...

Delectable!

I was happily eating my sandwich when the countershop shook, causing me to twitch.

Somehow, a loud *BAM* caused it to move.

I turned to my right and my face instantly went sour.

"Hi Carson! Hi Alexissss!" Patricia greeted, clinging to Darren like a snake.

Didn't I tell you she just gritted her teeth when she said my name.

She definitely hates me.

Well, the feeling is mutual.

"Hi Patricia." Carson perkily greeted.

"Oh hi." I said bluntly, not even looking at her face.

Then she giggled.

She giggled!

I twinged, turning to her side as both Darren and her are already making out.

I rolled my eyes and felt a small tug in my heartstrings, oh this is nothing but jealousy, I just hate the girl.

This is a freaking cafe where you feed yourself, not a make-out booth to show everyone how low you can be!

Carson nudged my shoulder asking worriedly,

"You okay?"

"Yeah, I just lost my appetite. Do you want to go some place else?" I asked back, leaving the half-eaten sandwich on my plate.

"Hmmmm, would you like to go to 7-11? I would like to pick up some things."

*Everybody knows what 7-11 is, right? For those who don't, It's a convenience store.

"Sure! I think I need some medicines for my first aid kit." I replied.

We left the cafe, I can see eyes from the redhead and Darren follow us from behind.

Ha! It's not like I even care they're there.

Both Carson and I, hand in hand went to 7-11.

I was busy browsing magazines and the works, while he picks up bottles of cold beer.

Then suddenly, I thought of a great idea.

I smirked evilly as I took cans of...

It's a secret!

We went to the check-out counter, Carson was wondering why I bought it but I just smirked at him.

--

Night came by in a flash, the whole day, Carson and I were just lying on the sand talking about stuff.

We returned to our hotel rooms to change and get ready for dinner.

Suddenly--

"CARSON! ALEXISSSSS!"

A shrill voice from behind shouted, geez, she makes my name sound so fugly.

We both turned to them, we were already going to enter our rooms when she squealed once more.

"What a coincidence! Our room is just beside yours."

My heart sank, my jaw dropped but then I remembered my plan.

I smiled widely making Patricia look at me weirdly.

Fate is siding with me today.

"So... the four of us should eat dinner together!" Patricia clapped.

I looked at Carson, mouthing him a big 'No', but he just smiled widely,

"Sure. Sounds like a great idea for me to bond with my best friend and his girl." Carson replied.

I crossed my arms across my chest and sighed.

"Well, Darren and I are both going to take a shower first then to change. We'll meet you up later." Patricia said.

"Skip me, I'm going to get some fresh air. I don't want Patricia to be alone so.. Alexis, will you keep her company? By the looks of it, you were planning something drop-dead good, right?" Darren smirked, eyeing on me.

I flushed red.

He knows my plan?

"But Darren--"

That whiny voice really makes me want to pull out my hair in frustration.

"You and Alexis will surely be very gooooood friends." Darren chuckled, ruffling her hair and walking away.

"Darren!! I can't live without you!!!" Patricia fake-sobbed.

I rolled my eyes, really, does Darren like the type of overlydramatic girls?

"Let's just go inside your room, shall we?" I said, smirking evilly.

"Whatever it is you're planning, don't you dare do it." Patricia replied, eyeing on me.

"I guess I'll leave you two girls alone before Darren comes back. I'll be in my room, okay Alexis?" Carson said.

I nodded my head and skipped happily inside their room.

I slumped on their bed while Patricia was stripping infront of me.

"Look here, you stay there and don't you dare do anything stupid."

"Yeah, sure." I said, chuckling.

She eyed on me one more time before flipping her hair and turning her back, going inside the shower room.

Timing.

I tiptoed my toes, also going inside the shower room.

When I hear the shower open and her continuous shrill singing.

Oh my god, I'm going to die.

That voice is horrible, how can Darren stand it?

I browsed through the toiletries and stumbled across Darren's shampoo.

I blushed, smelling it, it does smell like him.

I shoved that thought remembering the purpose why I'm here.

Oh right, I'm here to *guard* her.

Anger fumed inside of me again as I went through my plan.

Switching her shampoo with the--

Success!

I watched as she opened the *toot* (it's still a secret) without a care.

I silently chuckled and tiptoed inside, slumping myself in the room again, browsing some magazines.

After about half an hour, geez, does she really shower that long?

Poor Darren, oh well.

She went out of the shower room, wrapped in a towel and I just laughed.

I hysterically laughed so hard, I clutched my stomach as I rolled on the floor.

"What's so funny?" She asked, without a clue.

She slipped on a sunday dress as she went to do her make up.

Moment of truth.

She is going to see how hysterical she looks.

And she did.

The whole world stopped.

I think I heard the volcano just erupt.

Or was it an earthquake?

Her voice echoed the whole hotel.

She screamed.

"AlexiSSSSSS!"

She held the 'S' more fierce right now.

She is angry.

And I just laughed.

I know it sounds rude but I can't help it.

"What happened?"

Both of us turned to look at Darren, frantically huffing.

I rolled my eyes, this scene is too cheesy for my eyes.

Patricia fake-cried.

Although I think it's for real this time. ;)

"M-my hair is greeeen! It's greeeen!" Patricia sobbed.

Well, technically, it's partly green.

Half of it is still red, auburn, the other is well-- green.

"It's partly green." I corrected.

Patricia sent me a death glare.

Somehow I felt bad but it's too funny.

"What's going on?" Another figure appeared, Carson.

He just stared at Patricia, jaw dropped, holding back the laughter erupting from his mouth.

"Hey, atleast you're in the season. Christmas is nearing. You know-- red and.. green."

"UGH!" Patricia growled.

It was like she was going to rip me off to pieces.

"Alexis, come with me."

I snapped to look at a very serious-faced Darren.

He looks angry,

I nodded my head, gulping.

Of course, he'd be angry, I just made his date's hair green!

That sounded funny.

I followed him from behind, his eyes held no emotion.

I'm suddenly scared.

I think he is angry..

Of course he is, Alexis!

Dang.

**

Whoop! Another successful chap ending.3

Awwww, but I uploaded faster this time, didn't I?

Ha!

So.. well, she made Patricia's hair green.

Hmmm, I don't think it's such a bad idea.

You will look like shrek or hulk--

Well, I guess it looks bad.

But!

Atleast Alexis considered the seasons, right?;)

So what will happen on the next chapter?

Hmmm, Darren.

That's right, Darren's rage.

Love lots, xx

Vomments.

>> green hair on the side >> ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

182K 6K 39
"What do you mean I have to live in New York?!" "Honey, your grandma is very sick and we have to fly out to Canada to take care of her, but we don't...
5.4M 188K 43
Against my better judgment, I answer, "Look I told you, you have the wrong number," I say a bit too harshly. "I wish I was the girl you were looking...
1K 34 76
Hannah Foster is a freshmen in Camp High School. She is beautiful, kind-hearted but quiet, because of her past, which results to not talking much. Ac...
665K 19.4K 42
"Xavier, are you out of your mind? You can't hit anyone you want." I tried to pull him away from the guy. With his temper, he might send him to the h...