Drarry || One Shots

By Chess-chwan

Some drarry one shots to quench your thirst. **The Harry Potter series does NOT belong to me - credit to its... More

You'll Be The Death of Yourself Before You'll Be The Death of Me
Gryffindor
Meeting the Parents?
Ugly Thing, Jealousy
What a Family
Finally Over
The One Time Remus Lupin Lost It
Sectumsempra
Bad Ideas
Friends My Ass
Amortentia
Harry Potter and The Seven Years He Didn't Notice Shit
All The Little Pieces
What He Thought Wasn't Possible
Just a Smile
Animagus
Painful Nights But Not As Lonely Sunrises
Not One To Be Taken For Granted
Patronuses And Presumptions
All Fleeting Memories
Time In a Bottle
Golden Coins And Silver Hopes
The Comfort He comes Back To
To Want Is Not To Need

Harry Potter and The One Year He Finally Noticed

7.8K 299 133
By Chess-chwan

×Part 2×

   Summary
*The whole school is in on it and Harry catches on.*

Eight year was nothing like anyone expected it to be. Some, innocent still, dreamed of coming back to the Hogwarts that they knew and loved before Dumbledore's death. Others simply came back with the conviction that they would be living the horrors of the war all over again, because that's where he died and I am sitting and eating right on the spot were corpses were laid and maybe even an I remember stepping over a body here.

But none of it was actually accurate. While, yes, there were some lucky ones that didn't lose anybody close in the war, McGonnagall suddenly filling Dumbledore's place and the white tomb by the lake was a constant reminder of what had happened. And as for those who suffered most, they didn't relieve their nightmares in the school's halls, but rather in their own beds, at night, nothing new, really. There was just this general air of uneasiness looming over them all, not quite depressing, but a reminder that things were different.

There was just one thing that didn't change, as stupid and silly as it may sound. Maybe because now, the way things were, people needed something normal, something familiar to cling to. And things were looking better than ever because Harry Potter was now friends with Draco Malfoy.

How that happened, no one really knew. There were speculations, naturally.

"They bumped into each other on the train and apologised."

"Draco looked for Harry on the train again but instead of insulting him, he asked for a chance."

"They met over the summer and made up and have been hanging out ever since."

But no one imagined that things didn't actually go that way. Harry and Draco did not reconcile so brutally and abruptly, that would have been too much for any of them to take, and things don't work like that, anyway. They did not insult each other, nor did they compliment each other. They didn't try to avoid each other and they didn't try to seek the other out. Now that, they did unconsciously. They sat fairly close in classes, always within reach, and it started with a borrowed quill, a shared book, a hand in potions, a little help in defence. And then there were tentative waves in the halls, and shy smiles across the Great Hall during meals. Study sessions when they stumbled across each other in the eight year common room which quickly transformed into full blown study dates for hours in the library. A break or two and they would be talking the time away. And it came oh, so easily to them. Talking.

And the final drop was a late night in the common room, both woken and shaken by familiar nightmares, both seeking comfort like children afraid of the dark. And, after all, that was what they were, children. Only now, they were afraid of what lurks in the dark. Ugly memories and scary thoughts and a tentative, slightly awkward hug to drive them all away.

I don't know if it's ever going to be just as alright as it was before, but it's nice to know I'm not alone were the unspoken words that drifted in the dark and disappeared in the smoke of the fire. And the small touches and intimate whispers and bared hearts and after that, Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy were a bit too much to be called just friends, but weren't more than that either.

And it was driving everyone crazy.

And Harry noticed.

Was it the war that opened his eyes? The whole year spent on the run? Or maybe just the simple fact that he was close to the blond that his vision cleared. And suddenly he was aware of excited whispers and giddy giggles as he and Draco walked down the halls. People were conveniently pushing them together and watching them intently while studying and making sure there were only two seats available when they entered a classroom which just happened to be next to each other. And Harry might or might not have been in love with Draco thing that led him to make an utter fool of himself whenever he noticed things like those.

"Draco", he angrily said before flopping down on the library chair closest to the blond. He had just overheard some sixth years talking about the two of them and how nice it would be if they spent a Saturday at Hogsmeade together and he had fucking had enough. He just had to talk to Draco about this.

"Potter, please, have you really no consideration for your surroundings? How many times do I have to tell you to keep quiet when you're in here?" his friend scolded gently, turning a page from his book.

But Harry really couldn't care less about that.

"Did you know we are the hot fucking topic of gossip in this school? People seem to think that we are meant for each other." He tried really, really hard to ignore his wild heard that seemed to want to fucking drill a whole into his chest and continued. "They even have a couple name for us!"

Now, Draco closed his book and directed all his attention on his friend, regarding him with an amused and mocking look, crossing his legs.

"It took you long enough."

"What?"

It was hard not to laugh at the bewildered look on Potter's face, especially with those ridiculously big glasses on his face.

"They've been at it since first year", Draco supplied and marveled at the faces Harry was pulling now.

"And you knew?"

Draco gave a rich laugh, all teeth and eye crinkles -Harry though he could live off that laugh alone- and responded with sarcastic amusement in his voice:

"The whole school knows, Potter. Even the teachers are in on it, though they try to be more subtle."

"Then how- how did I not notice, Jesus! Why didn't you tell me?"

"Me?" Draco arched an eyebrow. "Do you think between insults would have been an appropriate time for me to tell you the whole school wants us together?"

"W-well", Harry stammered, rather adorably, Draco supplied. "You could have told me since this year started."

"And what would have been the point?" Draco tried to mask the pain in his voice as best as he could. "It's not like you would have done anything with the information."

Harry swallowed thickly, desperately wanting to let Draco know just how much he would like to do.

"But you knew all this time?" he asked instead.

A nod.

"And it didn't bother you? Doesn't bother you?"

Draco gave an elegant half shrug, then answered:

"Why would it?"

Then, after tensioned pause, in which Harry chewed on his bottom lip in worry, clearly deep in thought, he said:

"Have you ever thought about it?"

"About what?"

"Us."

Draco froze. He no longer liked where this conversation was going. He bit his tongue and kept quiet, hoping to gods above Harry wouldn't wait for an answer for too long. And, it would seem, his prayers have been listened to. But what Potter said next, made his heart promptly stop.

"I have."

"You have." It was supposed to be a question, but with the violent shake of his voice it could hardly be called a sentence.

Harry just nodded, watching closely for Draco's reaction, but all the blond could do was stare. Seven fucking years he had waited. Surely, he couldn't be expected to just act as if nothing had happened.

"And-" he swallowed thickly, voice hoarse. "And what did you think of it?"

Harry looked him straight in the eye as he answered, seven years having waited as well.

"That I would like to give it a try."

Draco's throat closed and he struggled to breathe as he looked straight in Harry's eyes. He wanted to look away, the emotion and intensity of that scathing look almost too much to bare, but he found himself unable to. And after an agonizingly long moment of silence, in which the brunet started nervously reconsidering every life choice, all Draco could choke out was:

"Why would you want me?"

Harry showed a kind and loving smile and Draco hated himself for seeking comfort in it.

"You asked me the same thing when we became friends."

"And you didn't answer."

"I did."

Draco looked at him. He had no recollection of any such thing.

"At the trials I spoke in your favour, when people looked at you the wrong way in Hogsmeade I hexed them", Harry patiently recalled the events still painfully flashing in Draco's mind. "I thought that was answer enough. I put the war past me the second Voldemort's body hit the ground."

"That doesn't account for years of hexes and foul words", the blond whispered, his heart thrumming painfully against his chest. Harry Potter was just telling him he liked him, that he wanted him, and here he was, questioning and pushing and begging for answers he is not sure he wants to hear.

Harry heaved a deep sigh.

"I've liked you for a long time, Draco. Even back then, if bickering and fighting was the only way to be close to you, I accepted it. But now we're past that and I would like to be yours, in every way possible, if you'll let me."

"You want to be mine?" Draco asked, stinging tears welling in his eyes and hands trembling.

"Yes", came the answer immediately and Draco wanted to melt on the spot.

"What about me, then? Do you not wish to have me as well?"

Harry showed a sad smile.

"Feelings are not something one can control. I don't want to tie you down if it is not what you want as well."

Now, a few tears made their way down Draco's cheeks, his heart swelling with such fondness for the man in front of him that he did not resist the urge to wrap his arms aroun his neck, eagerly pressing their mouths together.

Harry wasn't late to answer either. He happily wrapped his arms around Draco's waist and pulled him so close they felt like one, lips moving eagerly, hungrily.

"You fucking idiot", Draco panted when they pulled apart. "I've been mooning over you since first year, of course I want you."

Harry gave a rich laugh, one that filled the blond with such a warm feeling in his chest he though he would burst in flames, and answered with a toothy grin: .

"That makes two of us, then."

"I honestly can't believe we've been this stupid. And I thought you were the oblivious one. Though I suppose I am a bit better off, what with knowing about the Drarry fan club since the beginning."

"The what now?"

Draco could not help but laugh at the look on the man's face.

"I see you haven't got all the details just yet."

Harry smiled and tightened his hold on his boyfriend's waist, burying his nose in the crook of his neck and leaving a sweet kiss there.

"You can tell me later. In the Room of Requirements tonight?" he asked with a hopeful look in his eyes.

Draco had half a mind to play with him a bit, but as soon as he opened his mouth all that came out was a breathy yes. It looked as though he was still too drunk on his feelings to have the patience messing with Harry required, but there would be time for that later. The would be time for many other things, now that Harry Potter wasn't as oblivious.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

369K 8.3K 40
From the good to the bad, everyone's favorite Slytherin princess, Rowan Bailey; seems like princess, isn't so innocent after all. + A book that takes...
371K 6.3K 24
Some drarry one shots. Most will probably be fluff but there may be some smut but I'll tell you before in case you'd rather skip that stuff. If you...
77.7K 1.5K 20
Welcome to my collection of Drarry one-shots! These will be fluffy (no smut). I don't have an updating schedule for this. I'd be happy to get suggest...
3.9K 115 6
I DON'T OWN HARRY POTTER CREDIT GOES TO J.K. ROWLING NOT A SNARRY STORY When poor little Harry's parents are killed, who will raise him? Surely not...