BNHA x Reader Oneshots

By haire_plip

(HEADS UP! I will not be publishing much here for now because I'm finishing a book I'm making :3) Any BNHA ch... More

Some important info

Thank you... (Insecure! Todoroki x Comforting! Reader)

179 5 6
By haire_plip

Requested by aesthetic_anxiety_

Thanks for being patient ^_^ also thanks for waiting for 3 months ๐·°(৹˃̵﹏˂̵৹)°·๐

══════◄••❀••►══════

(Y/N) sighs as she looks out her bedroom window. She felt that something weird was going to happen sooner or later and it bugged her. Using her quirk, Seer, she tries to make sure one last time if whatever's going to happen is a good or bad thing.

Unfortunately, she couldn't use it to its full potential and was only able to decipher that someone would come running to her with a gloomy mood. It bothered her for the rest of the morning.

"(Y/N)? May I come in?" Her mother asks from the other side of the door.

"Yes..."

Her mother enters the room with a tray of food in her hands. (Y/N)'s eyes lit up when she noticed that her mother cooked her favorite food. She placed the tray on her lap and gave her thanks.

"Sweetheart, are you feeling better?" Her mother asked. "Are your wounds healing? Is your fever lowering? What about your friends? Are they feeling okay? Do you want more food?"

(Y/N) chuckles at the number of questions her mother is asking. "Mom, one at a time."

"Right, right." She clears her throat. "How are you feeling?"

"Pretty... ok. My wounds are healing slowly and my fever's starting to lower, too. That villain thought he could beat the crap out of me, but how wrong he was." (Y/N) said proudly.

"That's good. Just a few more days and you'll be able to go back to school with your friends."

(Y/N) sadly smiles and fidgets in her position. "I don't think I'm ready to go to school just yet... because I still want to stay in and sleep all day long and I don't want to wake up early."

Her mother sighs, followed by a chuckle. "(Y/N), we don't always get what we want... like what happened with your father."

The room is now dead silent. (Y/N)'s father died while he was doing his hero work and saved hundreds of hostages with the help of All Might, a.k.a. Uncle Toshi, or so (Y/N) would call him. Toshinori and (D/N) (Dad's name) have been friends ever since high school. Sometimes, when her father goes to work, he brings (Y/N) with him. She's closer to her father because her mother is often sick and she doesn't want her daughter to get sick. (Y/N) loves both her parents equally, there is no favoritism.

It broke both their hearts once they found out that (Y/N)'s father was dead. Their gloomy nights seemed endless... like it was stuck in some loop that could never end. At times (Y/N) wouldn't even attend school due to her being sick or because she felt so alone when her father died.

"I know Mom..." She quietly responds.

"Oh honey," Her mother pulls into a hug and weeps silently while softly brushing her daughters (H/L) (hair length) hair.

Unexpectedly, the doorbell rung. (M/N) wipes her tears and gives (Y/N) a sad smile and hurries off to answer the door.

As her mother leaves the room, (Y/N) couldn't help but bring back the memories of before. How her father used to lift her in the air and she pretended like she was flying. Or how he used to tuck her into bed telling all about his hero work during the day. Or-

"(Y/N)! It's Todoroki-kun!" Her mother yelled from downstairs. "Do you mind if he stays in your room for a while? He says he needs to tell you something."

She manages to squeak out an "okay." For the longest time, she has had a crush on him ever since elementary started, she was good at keeping secrets and it was never obvious that she liked Shoto.

As she hears his footsteps, (Y/N)'s heart begins to race. Calm down, you've guys been alone with each other in a room dozens of times. Calm. Down. (Y/N) thinks to herself as she places a hand on her chest, trying to calm herself.

Shoto enters the room with a gloomy look on his face. It looked like he's been crying for days seen in his swollen eyes.

(Y/N) gulps down all her feelings and embarrassing thoughts and nervously smiles. "Hi, Shoto. How've you-"

But she wasn't able to her question because Shoto was running towards her and wraps her in his embrace. His hug on her was tight, but (Y/N) didn't mind or question it... for now. She hugged him back and patting his soft bi-colored hair.

"There there, it's okay Shoto," she assures him. "Let it out, and if you're ready... you can tell me. I won't leave you don't you worry..."

Shoto felt this huge wave of relief as soon as he heard (Y/N)'s voice soothing him. He wanted to burst into tears because he's never felt so furious and hurt.

"Shoto, you don't have to hold back your tears," she smiles. "If it makes you feel better, let it all out. I won't judge."

And so... Shoto doesn't hold back and lets out all his pain.

══════◄••❀••►══════

"So, what exactly happened?" (Y/N) asks him as she hands him a box of Kleenex.

"Oh, you know, my sorry excuse of a father," Shoto blows his nose. "He's been acting like a real bitch about mother. Then I stood up for her and even had the urge to fight him. But you know how it always ends. I end up leaving the house and rushing to you."

"Okay one, calm down and do not swear in this household because my mother may or may not scold you for what you said," She chortles. "And two... why is your father acting like this?"

"...It's probably because I don't want to inherit his quirk. I just don't accept the fact that the father I have will never care for me. He never could and would never have."

"Maybe... He's just too focused on beating All Might and-"

"That's what he wants," Shoto snaps, with venom in his voice. "He's aiming for the top 1 spot and he would do anything to get there. He would even go as far as to have an arranged quirk marriage and bear children to be his successor just to get what he wants."

Because of that, (Y/N) was speechless. She never really felt Shoto's pain before, but she knew she understood how he feels... At least that's what she thinks.

"Shoto, you know I'm kind of jealous..." She sheepishly says.

"What is there to be jealous about? My bitch ass fath- I mean... My father?"

"Yep! You have a father and I don't... It makes me think that everyone who's father's still alive is blessed... And that they should treasure their moments together."

Shoto scoffs. "My father could die for all I care. I wouldn't even bother to attend his funeral."

"I know you will. It's sometimes like that. You think you hate your father more than anyone in the world, but in the end, if you lose him, there would be that small notch in your gut... Like something is telling you that you should've spent more time with him. People could change you know?" (Y/N) smiles and takes Shoto's hand in hers. "I'm not saying that you should rush and ask your father if you could spend time with him, but maybe you could... Um... Do it step by step!"

"Like starting conversations?" He tilts his head in confusion.

"Yeah! And you could do it with the whole family! Just some family bonding time!"

Shoto hesitated for a few seconds, but he thought about (Y/N)'s suggestion. "But... Like I said my father's been horrible about mother... What should I-"

"Talk it out... I have never experienced fighting in my family before... Well at least not that harsh but, you could give it a try."

Shoto hesitantly nods.

"I know I'm not that much of a help but it the best that I could do."

Shoto again hugs (Y/N). "That's great advice and help. You are the best friend I could ask for."

(Y/N) gives a tight-lipped smile and hugs him back. "Yeah... friend..."

"Hey, are you okay?" He asks, noticing that her mood instantly dropped. "Did I do something?"

'You're so dense, Shoto' is what (Y/N) wanted to say, but she was scared that she might lose their years of friendship.

I shook my head. "It's nothing... C'mon, let's eat down-"

"(Y/N), I know when you're lying," Shoto says seriously, "Actually, I've noticed it for a while now. Every time I mention the word friend to you, you get tense. So... what's wrong?"

(Y/N) stiffens in her position. "W-what do you mean?" She says, trying to act dumb. I thought it wasn't obvious!

"(Y/N) tell me. I promise nothing will happen to our friendship."

"That's the thing," She snaps, "I'm scared that if I tell you something will happen to our friendship and I don't want to take this risk!"

"Try me."

This is your chance (Y/N)! Tell him! It's now or never!

(Y/N) hesitates to tell him at first, but after Shoto reassuring her several times, she takes in a deep breath and...

"I like you," she says with confidence in her voice. "I've liked you ever since we've started elementary and have liked you ever since."

Shoto smiles. "I figured."

"WHAT?! AND YOU DIDN'T BOTHER TELLING ME?!"

"I wasn't exactly sure if you did like me... and I was also a little shy to come up to you."

"Hmph!" (Y/N) folds her arms and looks away from Shoto with a red face.

"But hey, I like you, too," Shoto says. "And not just the friendly type."

(Y/N)'s eyes widened and she immediately turns to Shoto to find him looking straight at her. They've stayed like that for the next few minutes, but then (M/N) knocks on the door.

"(Y/N), sweetie let's eat," her mother said. "Todoroki-kun would you join us for dinner?"

"I'd love to (M/N)-san," Shoto gives her a thumbs-up. "We'll be down in a few minutes."

(M/N) nods and gives her daughter a smug look at both her and Shoto. As her mother closes the door, both teens flushed red in their positions.

"S-so..." (Y/N) tried to say something, but it was like there was this lump in her throat, or maybe because the air was so tense that she didn't know what else to say.

"We're no longer friends," Shoto grins and pulls (Y/N) into his arms and gives her a peck on the lips. "You're my girlfriend now," He beams.

(Y/N) covers her red face from her now-boyfriend, Shoto Todoroki.

"Thank you, love..." Shoto said as he pinches her cheek.

"Why are you saying thank you?"

"Because you've always been with me through thick and thin and I wouldn't be the person I am without you."

"That's so cliché, love," (Y/N) giggles.

Meanwhile, (Y/N)'s mother has been fangirling secretly since she's been eavesdropping on their entire conversation.

"MY BABY'S A WOMAN NOW!" (M/N) shouts on purpose and dances on the way down the stairs.

(Y/N) and Shoto both go red once more.

══════◄••❀••►══════

Extra Scene

"Looooovvveeee, I'm siickkkkk," Shoto whines as he lies in bed.

"Well, it's your fault because you kissed me yesterday!" (Y/N) retorts.

══════◄••❀••►══════

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

598K 9.3K 87
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
1.1M 20.1K 44
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
237K 8.3K 98
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
315K 9.5K 101
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...