Epiphany

By FairySalvatore

Nazereth Vinter is the fun-loving handsome Prince of Krobet, the largest of the five elemental Kingdoms and a... More

⇞ epiphany ⇞
⇞ glossary ⇞
⇞ udairis ⇞
⇞ fire master ⇞
⇞ princess ⇞
⇞ ceremony ⇞
⇞ home ⇞
⇞ target ⇞
⇞ agony ⇞
⇞ humiliation ⇞
⇞ lavish prisoner ⇞
⇞ the hunt ⇞
⇞ hope ⇞
⇞ pretense ⇞
⇞trouble ⇞
⇞ fiends ⇞
⇞ hatred ⇞
⇞ unwanted guests ⇞
⇞ warmth and support ⇞
⇞ songs of pain ⇞
⇞ protective ⇞
⇞ bitter truth ⇞
⇞ trials ⇞
⇞ price to pay ⇞
⇞ agitation ⇞
⇞ water-ride ⇞
⇞ exchange mission ⇞
⇞ monster ⇞
⇞ trance ⇞
⇞ enchantment ⇞
⇞ invitation ⇞
⇞ amulet ⇞
⇞ person of interest ⇞
⇞ closer ⇞
⇞ heartache ⇞
⇞ medicine for pain ⇞
⇞ heartbreak ⇞
⇞ new turn ⇞
⇞ remorse ⇞
⇞ attempt to heal ⇞
⇞ needed ⇞
⇞ stronger ⇞
⇞dream ⇞
⇞ destination ⇞
⇞ secrets ⇞
⇞Re-attempt ⇞
⇞ tower ⇞
⇞ butter biscuits ⇞
⇞ plan a ⇞
⇞ error ⇞
⇞ confrontation ⇞
⇞ stage ⇞
A/N
⇞ root ⇞
⇞ a friend in need ⇞
⇞ rescue plan? ⇞
⇞ failed rescue plan ⇞
⇞ The Same Fate ⇞
⇞ light in dark ⇞
⇞ disbalance ⇞
⇞ princess of udairis ⇞
⇞ dawn of the curse ⇞
⇞ the weapon ⇞
⇞ courage ⇞
⇞ puppet strings ⇞
⇞ reign of terror ⇞
⇞ vengeful soul ⇞
⇞ haunted ⇞
⇞ hope for survival ⇞
⇞ journey ⇞
⇞ only solution ⇞
⇞ her epiphany ⇞
⇞ krobet ⇞

⇞ stupor ⇞

1.5K 153 15
By FairySalvatore

The clouds rumbled in the sky and the woman's feet hastened. It was pouring down hard and her hands were covered in blood. In the distance, she could hear the screams the noise and the death. She didn't stop, for once she decided to be selfish.

Her thin clothes were sticking to her body and she shivered as cold reached her bones.

"There is she?" A man called out from a distance and she tried to run but her condition wouldn't allow her to move any faster.

"Catch her, we need this one dead." Another man added and she heard the sound of arrows being shot at her.

She saw more men coming from front as several soldiers surrounded her.

There was no escaping this, there was no saving the life she wanted.

So she stopped.

"No one will come near me or I shall kill you all." She warned her voice weak with exhaustion and wounds.

But they didn't take her warning seriously.

She counted till three in her head and then using all the energy left in her she called on her power. The dark sky darkened further and the wind blew with fierceness. The root of the trees started shaking and the gathered soldiers looked scared of one frail woman standing there causing all this.

And then it happened one by one the soldiers started dropping dead and their souls burned inside them. Some tried to attack her but she was not even letting them breathe as one by one every soul burned around her. Giving out a final cry as her energy abandoned her she let out a blast killing everyone in close vicinity and herself fell on the ground.

Her eyes grew heavy and her last thought was that she couldn't die just yet.

The loud knock on the door ended my nightmare or dream whatever it was. When I woke up I was crying and my forehead was beaded with sweat. Ciara rushed to open the door as there was another urgent loud knock.

"Get out." Nazereth addressed Ciara who bowed and left the room closing door behind her.

I pulled my sheets closer to my chest covering myself since I was wearing a thin cotton nightdress after I got a warm room and a nice quilt.

It was way past the middle of the night and I was scared to see him in my room.

"What did you say I was not better than that brutal King of Udairis?" He slurred in a tone of anger.

He was drunk and it kind of eased me to see he was atleast not barging in my room sober.

"You made me wear that joke of a dress where people an get a good view and asked me to dance. You humiliating me like that does not make you a better human, just a vindictive human." I said trying to sound brave after I saw that hooded woman kill hundreds of souls to save someone she loved.

Taking larger steps he came closer, his eyes red and snatched the sheet away from me making me shrink smaller in embarrassment.

"Why? Are you afraid now? Since I am not a better person than the King, I should at least live up to my name." He said climbing up on the bed and I  almost pushed my back against the back of the bad that it was hurting me now. I didn't have the space to move and fear gripped my heart.

His eyes met mine and I didn't dare blink, I was so terrified in the moment. He moved closer, his coal-like eyes staring back at mine with no emotion in them.

"Is that why he hid you for so long?" He asked in a drunken tone.

"W-What?" I asked his words kind of not making sense.

"Your father, did he hide you because you were this beautiful?" He said not mocking me or anything, just in a curious tone.

I couldn't bring myself to speak because if I did I would either stutter or throw up.

His hands reached out and his one hand cupped my cheek. His touch made my heart jump to my throat but surprisingly it was warm, not cold like his behavior. And I should have flinched or felt disgusted but the way he softly held my face, I subconsciously leaned into his palm. 

My shoulder relaxed for some reason.

But next moment, a sharp pain shot through my gut.

The hazy surrounding indicated that I was in memory again. I was getting used to this but not completely. It was Prince Nazereth in a beautiful forest with another handsome male. He had the eyes that looked like a warm chocolate drink that Ferenett made for us from the left offer chocolate after the feast.

He had green hair, like leaves in the forest and his features were prominently evident that he was related to Dalia. He thumped Nazereth on the back and laughed a hearty laugh.

It was a beautiful sight to see two of them laughing on something only they knew.

"Are you two slacking again?" A man's voice came and they both straightened.

"You were sent here to master the magic that could be dangerous in wrong hands, especially you Nazereth, you carry magical blood. You need to be more in control and sharp." The man looked wise with a glint in his eyes. 

He had a snow-white hair and cute chubby face which didn't go along with his heavy strict voice. His face though looked stern, his eyes were kind.

"Sorry, Master Kruis, we shall get back to practice," Nazereth said in a respectful tone hiding back a smile.

As soon as the Master left, both chuckled and started talking about something I couldn't hear.

The scene ended and so did the vision of amber fire-eyed beautiful King.

"What just happened?" He asked and looked at me with confusion, his body swaying due to intoxication.

His hand was still on my face and he had felt something that I went through.

"What?" I asked to hear it from him.

"You went in a trance? Have I terrified you enough to freeze you with fear?" 

I look at him trying to find the kinder, happier version him just a glimpse so that I can atleast help pull it out.

"You don't know real fear Ermeline, you don't know the pain. I walked in my Kingdom and found it filled with more dead than living. My family, my love died in my arms and King of Udairis did this and you said I was no better than him."

The hate in his eyes returned.

He lifted his fingers and ran them over my exposed collar bone making me shiver and an unfamiliar feeling in my gut. I gasped at his touch and his eyes bore back in mine.

"I could have done worse." He whispered like a secret,"But I didn't."

"You don't even know the amount of pain I feel."

"I do," I answered quickly and regretted it.

"No, no one does." He snapped.

And then suddenly his hand snaked around my waist and he swung me around like I weighed nothing putting me down on the bed as he hovered over me. My heart stopped and I gulped.

"Seducing me was your forte you said." He said sounding drunk and amuse.

I was frozen in fear.

"Seduce me then?" He ordered.

"I- I d-don't know h-how," I muttered like a fool.

He looked defeated and got up from the bed and I let out a sigh of relief.

I got up slowly my heart thumping loudly inside me.

"I will never repeat what happened today." He said in a grim tone and I looked at him in shock.

"That was low and shameful attempt to disgrace you." He looked at me again, and I could still see the hate but with little annoyance in his eyes, "And you are ordered not to wear anything like that ever again."

I nodded in relief.

"What if I danced?" I asked feeling agitated at his guilt coming in a little late.

"I would have dragged you away from there. It was merely to see the agony on your face." He retorted.

"And I shall continue torturing you no matter how hard you make it for me." He said and grumbling something left me in shock.

After that, there was no hope of me getting a peaceful sleep.

"Would you like to see the market?" One of the maids said and I smiled at her.

"Should I?" I asked.

It had been half a month since King Nazereth left for the east and I was befriended some people in the palace.

I helped out in the royal kitchen and I would read to the kids of the maids.

It felt like a dream I lived when King was not around. I was mostly happy and I would not have any nightmares or even if I did I didn't remember them.

"It's beautiful during this time of the year. Even though I don't know how many survived during the war."

"Let's go, it will be fun." Another maid said who child came to adore me.

"If you say so," I accepted since I wanted to see outside the palace.

But I prayed that today should not be the day when King came back.

I have never been to a market, ever. At least not in my memories. I have been in a market where slaves are sold, I have been to a market where our carriage our boats will stop for a break but never to a lively market with shops that sold dresses, ribbons, shoes, flowers, and food.

It was fascinating. I couldn't match the pace of my eyes and my feet as I was trying to take everything in.

The loud chatters of the shopkeepers, the girls giggling among themselves as they looked at the accessories, kid pleading his mother to buy him something delicious everything was amazing to watch. I felt alive at the moment.

I felt freedom for the first time. I walked past every shop but I couldn't buy anything because I had no money. I lived more like a prisoner in the palace.

Ciara carried some coins with her and insisted on buying me food. Me, Ciara and two maids with their kids sat down outside a shop from where a delicious aroma of fried food lured customers.

"You can choose anything." Ciara encouraged me and I agreed excitedly and walked to the shop.

I stared at the flower-shaped cakes, freshly baked bread with butter melting on top of it and many other savory things when my eyes stopped on a diamond-shaped cookie wit sugar sprinkled on top.

"That one please, four pieces," I said not trying to get greedy.

"Make it eight and add it to my bill." A man's voice said and I turned feeling conscious and scared that maybe I was caught.

The money fell from my hand as I saw the man from the memories, the one with chocolate brown eyes smiling at me but with sadness filled in his eyes.

I prayed fervently in my head that Nazereth was not around somewhere.

Underneath that hatred shell is a soft-hearted Prince.

Also, say hello to a new character.

Prepare your mind for more troubles to come because Nazereth is not going to go easy on her. He might get a little more brutal...*yikes* don't murder me yet guys!

NEXT UPDATE: Wednesday (Hopefully!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

161 18 41
A powerful sorceress. A dead heir. A vengeful prince. Four years after being imprisoned for the murder of the Ichigan heir, Diana is offered a deal...
72 16 16
On the Red Continent, citizens don't protest war, they protest peace. Because in this land, conflicts once decided by clashes of rival armies are now...
27.7K 1.8K 40
A HUNTSMAN. A CAPTAIN. A MAD HATTER. A SORCERER. A PRINCE CHARMING. A BEAST. A LOVER. AND... A WOMAN. Previously published in my old account, @RG2108...
4.1K 268 36
𝐀 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐜 𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐛𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞, 𝐯𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐞, 𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐜, 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧, 𝐚𝐧...