The Outfielder - Aaron Judge...

By BaseballMeetsRomance

With my dad getting a new job with the Yankees moving to New York was supposed to be all fun and games unt... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 14

1.2K 14 7
By BaseballMeetsRomance

"I thought you weren't coming" I said  making my way towards him.

"Look, I'm sorry. I had this whole night planned and then last minute I had to go and do a photo shoot for some playoff promos. I wasn't counting on that"  he was so apologetic my heart was melting over this huge man with those puppy eyes in front of me.

"I was just worried, because nobody gave me a clear answer, not even Stephanie" I said reaching out for his face.

"I know it was so last minute. I thought that it would be quicker, but it wasn't. Then I had to go back to the Hotel and change, it was crazy" He kept explaining himself but all I wanted was to reach out for his lips and kiss him nonstop.

"It's okay" I said finally kissing him.

"That's a beautiful dress, but It's getting chilly already!" Aaron said putting his arm around me.

"October baseball baby!!!" I joked. Aaron laughed and kissed the top of my head.

We made our way back to the restaurant. The waitress that was at the door when I came in with Tyler gave me a confused look when she saw me walking in holding hands with Aaron. I laughed and Aaron gave me a confused look. I just shook my head and kept walking. 

"Aren't you surprise that this place is basically empty?"  I asked Aaron. He gave me a little smile that I thought to be suspicious but we reached the table and our families started to talk to us before I could comment on it.

"Finally! my girl over here was about to report you missing!" Tyler said as soon as we sat down. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Busy day at the office?" My dad asked with a little smile.  The complicity between him and Aaron was bigger as the days passed by but lately it was more evident. I love it even thought some ties it plays against me. 

We ordered dinner and we kept talking over it.  It was  so nice to be here eating with my  family, because this was my family. Small, different and just the best and most importantly all mine. 

After a little while my dad stand up and called our attention. I was a little curious as to why this whole thing was taking place and I was about to find out.

"This year has been amazing for me. I have love baseball my whole life and this life that I have been able to live is something that I treasure. The people that I got to meet during my playing days are still very important to me. Now that I have been given this second opportunity I had take it with grace and with the ultimate love and respect. I wanted to have this dinner tonight with you guys because I consider you my family. When Mike came to Miami to talk to me, I took this job as a hitting coach and I wasn't even sure if I would be good at it. With the help of some of the guys I had become a better, coach, a better person and most importantly a better father." I couldn't help it but smile as I felt a tear coming down my cheek. Aaron was seating next to me and he kissed it away. I smiled at him. He smiled back.

"A couple of days ago I got an offer that I just couldn't pass up. I never thought that it would be so soon or that I would be here with my starting right fielder as my son in law" We all laughed.

"No wonder he is always batting third!" Tyler yelled. We all kept laughing.

"Stephanie planned it!" Aaron defended himself.

"I know a good match when I see one!" Stephanie yelled.

We were all laughing but my eyes were fixed on my dad. I didn't know what he was going to be sharing with us. It felt kind of weird because we always had each other and nobody else and now here he was about to share some big news and  I was out on it. I didn't feel bad about it, but it made me realized that we have more people in our lives now. We were not longer alone. 

I looked around and saw Tyler joking with Patty and Wayne. Stephanie and Aaron were still joking about how she planned our relationship. Mike was acting  like the tough boss. My dad was trying to look serious enough to keep going with his speech. I felt how a smile formed in my face.

"Somebody is happy" Aaron whispered in my ears. I turned to face him and my smile was even wider.

"I finally have a family" I said right before giving Aaron a quick kiss.

"Guys, please! hands to yourself " Tyler said from across the table.

We laughed. Aaron parents  are both teachers and Tyler was always joking with things like that.

"Getting back to the reason why we are here!" My dad said with his coach voice. 

"Yes coach, you may continue!" Stephanie said with a big smile. My dad gave her a  very interesting smile back. I was definitely going to ask about it later.

My dad started to talk again and we were all listening.

"Aaron  I love you like a son and I'm so happy that you and Isabelle are together. Patty and Wayne you did a wonderful job with your boy who is now our boy. Tyler you are my son as well is this relationship with you guys and the rest of the team that has make me accept this deal so soon. Our current manager will be retiring at the end of this season and I will be the manager next year." 

I couldn't believe what I was hearing my dad was the new Yankees manager. I looked at Aaron he didn't look surprise, which let me know that he already knew about this. Everyone was clapping and cheering. I got up to go hug my dad. He saw me and met me in the middle.

"Congratulations dad!" I hugged him tie. It made me think of the times when I would meet with hi after the games,  but this felt more surreal than anything I had expected when he started to talk.

We all took turns to hug him and say our congratulations.  We finally had our dinner in between laughs and crazy little stories about the things that we had been through so far this season. The guys as players, my dad as coach and Stephanie as the public relations director. I had been in the middle of it all looking back at things this season had been quite eventful if you would ask me.

Aaron and I sneaked out of the restaurant for a little bit we needed to be alone. My lips were craving his and my skin was craving his touch. We went back to the backyard where he found me when he first arrived to the restaurant. 

"I can't believe my dad will be the Yankees manager next year" I said resting my head on Aaron's lap as we were on a bench.

"I know. He was thinking of passing up the offer. I don't think there is anyone more qualified than your dad for the job, the guys love him and he is a true leader" Aaron was playing with my hair as he spoke and I could feel my eyes heavy. I wanted to fall asleep right here in his arms.

"I kn.....owwww" I said in the middle of  a yawn. 

"I thought that you had a goodnight of sleep" Aaron said raising an eyebrow.

"I did. Once I managed to sleep. I didn't feel comfortable in my bed, because I wanted it to be yours" I only realized what I've say when I saw the expression in Aaron's face.

"That's comforting!" He said with that beautiful smile that was about to be the death of me.

"You are happy because I couldn't sleep?" I said seating up.

"No, I'm happy that your body missed mine as much as mine  missed yours" He said grabbing my chin and playing with my bottom lip. I closed my eyes as I felt how his thumb played with my lip right before his lips met mine. I placed my hands around his neck bringing him closer to me. I kissed his cheek and his nose before reaching his lips. I licked his bottom lips. Aaron let out a soft moan. Aaron sat me on his lap with a quick move and I laughed in the middle of the kiss.

"You think I'm a doll!" I said half laughing as I kissed his cheek again.

"You are my doll" He said giving me a quick kiss on the lip. 

With  the Yankees leaving the next day early for the playoff games we had to finish the night at a reasonable time. They were traveling to Houston to face the Astros for two games before coming back to New York to play the remaining games of a best out of five series. 

"You two are worst than High School kids" Tyler said just loud enough for me and Aaron to heard as we walked back to the front of the restaurant.  Aaron had thrown his blazer on top of my shoulders because it was chilly and he didn't want me to get sick during the play offs.

We laughed at his comment. "We were having dessert" Aaron said matching Tyler's tone of voice.  

"Right, because the chocolate cake wasn't enough" Tyler said shaking his head. This guys was honestly too much. 

We were all waiting for the valet parking to bring back the cars. 

Mike's car came first. He said his goodbyes and reminded everyone to be early at the Stadium.

My dad's car came next and Aaron asked me to stay because he wanted to drive me home.

My dad drove Stephanie home since they were at work early and he was the one who drove her to the restaurant in the first place. 

Tyler's car came and he drove Patty and Wayne home since they were staying in the same hotel that he and Aaron had been staying in during this season. I hug them all goodbye.

"Don't be too late we are traveling tomorrow kids!" Tyler said before jumping into his car.

Aaron and I couldn't help it but laugh. Tyler was always making us laugh.

"We need to get him a girlfriend!" I said as we watched the car leave.

"No, doubt!" Aaron said putting his arm around me and kissing me at the top of my head.

When Aaron's car arrived he walked over to the co-pilot door and opened it for me. 

A couple of minutes into the drive and I knew that we weren't going to my house.

"Mr. Judge, where are you taking me?" I said with my eyes fixed on him.

"Just a little stop before we get you home, my lady"

**** Thank you so much for reading my story! a couple of updates! , I'll be trying to update this story 3-4 times a week! and for the ones  who read my Christian Yelich story I have a big surprise coming your way! So stay alert!****

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

200K 3.7K 55
Don't fall for the biggest player in school, that's what I have always told myself since starting high school but with him trapping me in bathrooms w...
Wonderwall By Ailia

Teen Fiction

37.2K 1.1K 25
Brooke is a different girl. She was raised in and out of foster homes. Most children raised in and out of foster homes end up working at low-life pla...
527 11 16
Stella,23, young independent model. Little does she know it puts her in a mushy love triangle that she doesn't want to be in at all. She's from New...
242K 2.9K 57
A New York native meets a professional athlete. It's basically love at first sight. Will she let her guard down for him? Note: teams and players owne...