The Mark of a Demon (A Beetle...

By Another_musical_fan

Adam Maitland, Barbara Maitland, and Lydia Deetz have been living a normal life ever since the whole Beetleju... More

Chapter 1: He's Back
Chapter 2: Good Night
Chapter 4: I Can't Focus
Chapter 5: Say My Name
Chapter 6: You Said His Name?!?
Chapter 7: Bonding
Chapter 8: Break the Curse
Chapter 9: The Test
NeW sToRy

Chapter 3: I Don't Like Him

4.1K 118 235
By Another_musical_fan

Adam woke up the next morning to find himself alone in the bed. He rubbed his eyes and cast his eyes to the alarm clock on the bedside table. 11:33 am?? What the hell? He normally got up at eight or nine! He tried to sit up but an overwhelming sense of dizziness overcame him.

"Easy there A-dog," Beetlejuice said in a way of greeting, "even ghosts need a second to wake up." Adam nodded sleepily, letting himself wake up for a moment before replying to the strange demon invading his mind.

"Good morning," he said with a yawn, slipping his legs over the side of the bed and slowly pressing his weight on them.

"Morning love," Beetlejuice answered, "how'd you sleep?"

"Pretty good," he stated, walking to the bathroom in slow steps. He flicked on the light and blinked through tears. "How about you- Wait. Do you sleep?" He stared at the mirror as Beetlejuice stood to the side of him and gave a simple shrug.

"Depends on the day," he said, "but last night I did."

"Good," Adam pulled out his tooth brush, wetted it, and squirted some mint toothpaste on it. He began the process of cleaning his teeth.

"You know you don't have to do that right?" Beetlejuice teased.

Adam rolled his eyes, "I want to keep my mouth clean and smelling good so my kisses don't taste like old food."

"Ah c'mon, my breath isn't that bad!" He argued.

"Yes, it really is." Adam said.

"Oh well. On a completely different note, who are those kisses for?" Beetlejuice inquired.

"Barbara of course," he chirped.

"Ugh, could you spare one for me?" The demon pouted. Adam laughed.

"You're hopeless," he told him, "but can I even kiss you- like touch you and stuff?"

"Not right now," Beetlejuice sighed, "but will you save one for me?" Adam hummed in consideration.

"Why should I?" He asked.

"Because I like your kisses," Beetlejuice practically whined.

"And what do I get out of it?"

"The pleasure of kissing me of course," he bragged, "and the best sex of your life."

Adam snorted, "I thought you said you would take me out on a date first?"

"I said that I would be willing to," the demon said a little softer than usual.

"Well, if we end up summoning you back for whatever reason, I would be willing to consider giving you a little kiss." The strange man grinned. "And I would only consider it if your breath didn't smell like dirty socks."

"But Adam, that requires-"

"For you to brush your teeth. Yes, I know. But that's the price of my kisses." Adam batted his eyelashes and the demon sighed.

"Fine, but only for you." Beetlejuice told him.

"Why just me? Why not Barbara?"

"I mean, Barbara's hot and all but you're hella handsome and you have one heck of an ass."

"You think I'm handsome?" Adam asked. "Like seriously?"

Beetlejuice nodded once, adding, "and sexy."

"Weird," he said and Beetlejuice narrowed his eyes, "Well, most people wouldn't call me handsome or sexy. In fact I've only been called sexy by one person ever."

"Me?"

"Yeah, I guess I just don't understand why you like me so much."

"Well for one, you're adorable."

"W-what do you mean?" Adam sputtered.

"Do I really have to spell it out for you?" Beetlejuice laughed. "You're literally the most precious thing. Your stuttering, your face, your glasses, your hair, just everything about you."

"So you also find me cute?" Adam said, working hard to keep his blush from getting too visible.

"Well duh," the demon grinned, "who wouldn't?"

"A lot of people I bet," he replied.

"Well fuck them," Beetlejuice replied simply and Adam rolled his eyes, but he was holding back a small smile.

"Well- Um- Y-you're not horrible looking either," he muttered quietly but he saw Beetlejuice grin.

"Did Adam Maitland just compliment me?" He said cheekily.

"D-don't let it go to your head!" Adam answered. Crap, what did he just say? How was he going to take something like that back?

"Too bad, already has." Beetlejuice stared straight at Adam, placing his hands on his hips. "Damn, I want to kiss you so bad."

Adam flushed, "I uh, I have to use the restroom."

"Sure you do," the other man winked, "call me when you need me. And don't take too long. I'll come back no matter what." The image of Beetlejuice in the mirror disappeared in the blink of an eye.

Adam used the restroom quickly, washed his hands, and then made his way down from the attic and to the living room. He poked his head down from the stairs and smiled when he saw Barbara and Delia watching tv together.

"Hey," he smiled at them and they turned to face him.

"Hey sleepyhead!" Barbara said in greeting.

"Good morning!" Delia added.

"Sorry for sleeping in," he apologized, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Don't apologize!" Barbara told him with a laugh.

"Yes! The universe was pleased!" Delia said in her usual happy-go-lucky way.

"Yeah, does everyone want breakfast?" He asked curiously. An anonymous "yes" came from everyone in the house. "Alrighty then! Pancakes?"

"Mmm, yes please!" Lydia hummed, stepping into the living room, followed by Charles. "But first, we have something to tell Delia and my dad. Right Adam?"

Adam nodded as Charles leaned against the couch, "what is it?" Both Lydia and Barbara were staring straight at him, lips clamped. He sighed nervously.

"Um, w-well, Beetlejuice is back," he said and before anyone could react the demon's voice appeared in his ear.

"Yo," he yawned, "oh, are we telling orgy lady and Charles?" Adam bit his lip to keep a smile off his face.

"What?!" Charles gasped, looking everywhere for the evil man, "where is he?"

"Well, only I can hear him. And I think he can hear and see things through me." Adam explained. "And I can see him in the mirror."

"I knew it! I knew he was going to come back! My crystals told me!" Delia cheered and then cleared her throat, "um, anyway, what does he want?"

"He wants us to open back up the door to the netherworld to let him come back," Lydia said, "apparently he has a spell that can bring ghosts back to life."

"Well we all know we aren't summoning him back so I don't see the problem," Lydia's father said.

"The problem is that he won't stop talking to Adam. And we all know that he won't stop until he gets what he wants. So we have to figure out a way to stop him from speaking to Adam." Barbara told the man.

"Delia and I will go to the library and search for some books on how to get rid of him." Lydia nodded at Delia. "You three stay here and try to get Beetlejuice to go away or at least give us some information."

Charles kissed his daughter on the brow and Adam sat down on the couch with Barbara. Delia and Lydia left with quick waves and Charles sat down in the armchair, tapping his chin.

"So he can hear what we say?" He asked and Adam gave an affirmative nod. "Have you been talking to him often?"

"I don't really have another choice," Adam said with a small shrug.

"What kind of things does he say?" Barbara piped in.

"Well... He still hits on me a lot. And he has some powers I think." Adam explained.

"What kind of powers?" His wife inquired.

"Well, he, um, made me need to use the restroom." Adam couldn't stop his face from flushing with embarrassment. There was silence for a moment before Charles cleared his throat.

"Weird," he remarked, "what else can he do?"

Adam shook his head, "I don't-"

"Would you like to see?" Beetlejuice asked.

"What is it?" Barbara squeezed his hand.

"He asked me if I wanted to see." The Maitland man copied.

"Just ask him to tell you," Lydia's dad said so Adam nodded.

"Beetlejuice, could you just-"

"Of course I'll show you my dear!" Beetlejuice grinned.

"Wait-" Adam froze as he felt his blood flowing downwards and he immediately knew what was happening. He rushed to get up but it was too late. The other two people were staring down at his lap. He had an extremely painful erection. He covered himself with his hands, blinking rapidly.

"Did he... Did Beetlejuice do that?" Barbara said softly

"Y-y-yeah," Adam squeaked.

She swallowed, looking away from him

"Maybe ask him to-

"Yeah no. Adam, you know how to take care of this." Beetlejuice interjected and Adam bit his lower lip. He was so hard that it was actually painful now.

"Adam, do you need to-" He just nodded frantically and rushed off to the bathroom, quickly shutting the door. He sighed in relief as he leaned against the door frame, glad to be alone.

"Well that was fun wasn't it?" Beetlejuice quirked. Adam was furious, that might just be the most embarrassing thing he had ever been through.

"Fix- fix it!!" He whisper-yelled, tears pricking at the corners of his eyes.

"Nah, I want to see this," the demon said and Adam was close to screaming now.

"That- this is not okay! You can't just- Beetlejuice, we need to have boundaries!"

"Boundaries? What the hell are those?" He joked.

"S-stop it! This isn't funny!"

"No, you're right, it's sexy as fuck."

"Make it go away!!" Adam felt his nails digging into his palms as he literally shook with anger.

"Only you can do that my dear."

"Stop l-l-lying and fix it!!" Adam was shaking now but he finally heaved in a massive breath, sighing. And then, he felt the uncomfortable pain go away.

"Sorry... I didn't mean to make you angry." Beetlejuice said it with a frustrated sigh.

"It's... It's okay I guess. Just, please, don't do that again."

"I won't. And again, I'm sorry." Beetlejuice sounded angry.

"Are you mad at me?" He asked.

"No, not at you." The demon sighed. "I'm mad at myself."

"Why?" Adam blinked, rather confused.

"I shouldn't have done that without your consent. I guess I just... Erg, why are emotions so damn hard?!"

Adam rubbed his temples as he had to stop himself from laughing slightly, "Beetlejuice, it's okay. You've actually come a long way from last time you were here."

"Really?"

"It seems like it," he told him,"but uh, can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"Can you leave me alone for the rest of the day? Please?" Adam kind of felt bad for asking but he needed to talk to Barbara, alone.

"I can try." Beetlejuice said, "I'll talk to you tomorrow."

"Okay," Adam took a few deep breaths and then got up, walking out of the bathroom. He walked back into the living room and quickly said, "I-I had Beetlejuice fix it. I didn't do anything, I swear. I'm so s-so sorry you had to see that. He said he won't do it again."

Barbara looked over and tried to smile, but she was obviously upset. "It's fine Adam. But can I talk to you? Um, alone?"

"Yeah, s-sure." He followed her to the bedroom and she sat on the bed, looking up at him.

"You like him don't you?" She sighed.

Adam shook his head quickly. "W-what? No! Barbara he-"

"Adam, it's okay, I always assumed you were gay."

"W-w-what?! I-I'm not! Honey I-"

"No, it's okay Adam. I just- I'm happy for you. I am. But I'm going to need some time to process this."

"Barbara! I-I'm not gay! I don't l-l-like him! I like you! You're my wife!" Adam's eyes were wide with shock.

"Adam, please don't lie to me." She stared at him with hard eyes. Adam felt his throat dry up.

"Barbara-"

"Adam. I read your diary. It's okay. I just didn't expect it to be him."

"I-I-I..." He breathed in a shaky breath, "It's not him. I don't... We haven't done anything. But I... I was- a-am gay. I- I think. I don't know anymore Barbara. I-I'm sorry. I'm so sorry!"

"Adam," she placed a hand on his shoulder, "it's okay. It really is."

"I'm so sorry Barbara." He looked up at her, eyes filled with tears that he was desperately trying to push away. He found that her eyes were wet too.

"It's okay... I won't tell anyone until you're ready." She smiled softly and kissed his cheek. "I think Lydia and Delia just got home. I'm going to go say hi." She turned to leave.

"Barbara-" But she was already gone. He massaged his temples and sighed. He didn't like Beetlejuice, not like that at least. But he did... No. No. Maybe he was gay but he didn't want Beetlejuice, he didn't like him. Not after what had happened. That would just be wrong. He didn't like him and they were going to figure out a way to get rid of him. That was what was going to happen.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

709 32 18
With Lydia still in mourning for the death of her father, her mother Emily moves her and her new life coach Lawrence to a new house. There, Lydia mee...
10.7K 386 11
Beetlejuice is the new kid at Roaring Tiger's High School. He meets a very handsome boy named Adam and tries his best to flirt his way into a new rel...
60.5K 1.2K 32
The main Characters of Beetlejuice: The Musical appear in a room and are given the chance to watch a musical all about themselves ~ I own nothing ~
2.8K 118 22
Status: Complete. The return of a certain pesty demon could be expected from the Maitland-Deetzes. After an incident with the demon, his mental healt...