「The Outside World With You」

xXAurea_AnimusXx

❝Wither and decay End this destiny, Break these earthly chains, And set this spirit free. Take what has been... Еще

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 11

39 2 0
xXAurea_AnimusXx

Silent Circle in the Sky:

   "C'mon, we don't have all day, Xeha!"

   "I swear, I really am running as fast as I can!"

   "Well, let's run faster then! Push your limits or you'll miss it!"

   Xeha nearly trips down the stairs as they descend towards the water hand in hand. Not minding a single spectator gaze that followed them, the two rushed through the roads and past the bridge like there was no such thing as a "tomorrow."

   Just as he thought he was going to collapse, Era swiftly swept him off his feet and leaped into a boat, causing it to rock roughly. He unconsciously clutched onto his sweater as he was softly set down on a wooden plank. Ah, his mind was only trying to catch up.

   After a few dozen seconds, Era speaks. "Hey, you can let go now." Xeha withdrew immediately. "Gods, I didn't mean it in a rude way or anything. How do I say this? Uhm, I really wouldn't mind if you wanted to hang off of me for the whole trip but… Just trust me, okay?"

   "I've never been on a boat before," he mumbled incoherently, hand at his rising and falling chest.

   Surprised he actually understood, he smiles and says, "I'm sure you'll be able to get used to it. Pretty soon you're gonna forget you're even on water." The calmer one of the two leans over and pulls out two oars.

   "What do you mean?" He immediately sealed his lips when the boat started shifting. As a response, he clung to the sides desperately.

   Eraqus couldn't help but chuckle at his nervousness. If he remembered correctly, the lights should start about now. He smiled silently. Truly a moment to remember.

   The seabed was dark and serene but was accompanied by the gentle waves that brushed against the boat. Not a single soul could see beyond the reflected crystal sparkles of the moon, leaving an eerie feeling that was somehow left ignored. The only reason Xeha seemed frightened was because of the instability of their ride.

   "I won't let you fall okay?"

   The silver opens his golden eyes and looks at him, turning away immediately. "Yeah, I know. But if I do, I'm bringing you down with me."

   "Ah, so cruel. A bit of Vanitas must've rubbed off on you haha." That was when a lonesome, glimmering light flew into the air. "Hey, Xeha." But he didn't need to be called because he was also gazing at it.

   Both of them watched as light after light illuminated the sky. They danced and twirled as they rose higher and higher toward the heavens and wavered ever so slightly. Why did this somehow seemed so familiar?

   Yes, Xehanort had seen these before. He's seen these from the tower. He takes in a sharp breath. "Those...they were never stars," he says crawling to the end of the boat to seek an in depth observation on those glowing cylinders..

   "I think they're prettier than stars," said Eraqus, who's attention was actually on the person in front of him. With a slight struggle, he pulls back the heavy oars and returned them to where they once laid.

    Xehanort nods his head, agreeing as he extended his arm to poke at one. "I never thought...it would look so nice up close."

   "I'm sure it beats watching from afar, huh? Say, do you know why this festival is so important to everyone?"

   After waving at a few more lanterns, he responded with a direct; "Nope."

   The raven lets out a small, yet disappointed sigh and gazes upwards. "Remember that one story I told you? About the missing royals? These lights are set out on their birthdays, which is, coincidentally on the same exact day as one another. This golden kingdom is forever wishing for their king and prince to return so they set out these lights every year in hopes that it will guide them home.

   "The current king doesn't like it but people do it anyway and after so many years, he gave up on trying to persuade them. I could almost call them desperate. I kinda feel jealous."

   "Why would you be jealous?"

   He contemplated on how to answer. "Wouldn't anyone want to have a whole kingdom in search for you? Must make you feel real important."

   Xeha stares into the water and says, "I guess so. But it does seem a bit creepy in its own way."

   The raven laughs loudly and sighs. "Now that you mention it, it is kinda disturbing. I mean, it's already been eighteen years."

   The silver hums quietly. After a minute or two of thinking, he turns towards his friend with a look of hesitation. "There's something I think I should tell you before it's too late."

   Sensing the atmosphere, he became serious as well. "I'm listening," he said attentively.

   "I just found out today too so I have a hard time believing it myself." Inhaling deeply, he spoke, "The lost prince is—"

   CRASH!! The explosion of a firework cut him off. Through all of it, Eraqus raised his voice to ask, "Can you repeat that?!"

   The blasts continued and because of his reluctancy, the two came to the silent agreement of talking about it later— not like they'll need to though. This time, Xehanort helped paddle to the shore with him after he found another pair of oars conveniently under his seat.

   As the younger jumped off and made remarks on how late it had gotten, the latter narrowed his eyes at the woods in front of him.

   "Something wrong?"

   Eraqus' gloominess instantly melted as he smiled at him. "I could totally eat a whole cow right now. Hey, hey, let's go get some burgers to eat!" he says, pushing him gently towards the bridge.

   "Huh? Oh okay?"

   And so, the two set off to look for an open restaurant.

   In those thick trees, a boy with hair, dark as the night, stepped under the soft light. That young soldier was accompanied by a knight in bronze.

   "Very well, young knight. I can see why the king puts his faith in you."

   "No, it's just my duty." Yet again, he had betrayed his only friends. Friends? They were supposed to be traitors of their own kingdoms, right?

   But why couldn't he accept that?

   Suddenly, a voice. "Ah, it's a disappointment that I was correct."

   Turns out that the followers were also being followed.

   "Show yourself!" growled the bronze knight.

   After a long pause, the sound of footsteps crunched on the gravel and gradually became louder. Vanitas' words were clogged in his throat.

   "You've grown up, Vanitas." The blond stared at the onyx with eyes of a trapped sky then sighed. "But this isn't what I expected of your future."

   After they finished eating, they were about to return to the hotel only to remember that it was only up for one night until it was offered to the next person. Eraqus felt like an idiot for not having anymore money because he spent it already and Xehanort felt…agitated.

   Curious, he brings his hand to his chest and lightly furrows his eyebrows. His lungs felt small and his heart was beating so hard. Why? He thinks he might know the answer...

   "You alright?" Eraqus asked, worried.

   Startled, he nods rapidly. "I just…"

   "Oh it's you two!" A familiar girl stood at the gates of a shop, waving happily. "Why are you guys out so late?"

   Both of them stared blankly at her for a second before they remembered who she was. "Hey, Naminé! We just wanted to get something to eat but I kinda forgot about my savings and spent it all."

   "Do you need some place to stay? I'd be happy to let you spend the night here with me and my sister," says the shopkeeper with a warm smile. "We have a room often used for storage, will that work?"

   "Yes, you're a lifesaver!"

   Naminé ushered them indoors and brewed up some tea as they found a spot for themselves on the couch. The majority of the building was just the shop so the living space was smaller compared to it but it was still roomy.

   The three of them were currently waiting for the sister to arrive in order to give their respects to the owner of the house when they heard the sound of keys jingling on the other side of the door behind them.

   Xehanort glaces back briefly and silently blows at his tea before taking a sip. Eraqus did the same.

   "Welcome home, Kairi! These two are my friends and will be spending the night in the extra room. Oh but," she turns back towards them and nervously laughs, "there's only one bed. Woah! Are you okay?"

    Both of them were choking on their tea but for different reasons. The silver never expected to see this lady here at all. Sure, it would give him a chance to ask more questions but right now, it was just so sudden.

   Meanwhile, Eraqus, One bed? Again??

   Xehanort places his cup onto the coaster and nodded. "I thank you for the hospitality. I'll be settling first." Somehow, he was able to accurately pinpoint the location of the room without any hesitation which left Naminé raising an eyebrow. Did she mention it before?

   The moment he entered the room, he, again, clutched at his chest. It was the same exact feeling as before— when his hair sank into a pitch black.

   Thinking of this, he flipped his head to the side and grasped at a handful of hair. Sure enough, the ends were growing black again and he couldn't catch his breath.

   In a moment of panic, he threw himself to his feet and pushed open the wooden windows, engulfing himself in the light of that white circle in the sky and the cool air of the night once more.

   A few years ago, Xemnas had left during a full moon and wasn't to return until a few days. It was the first time he felt so much panic in his heart that he ended up sick for a whole week. What he knew was that it wasn't because he didn't like being alone, no, he never complained about that. Something was trying to pull him in. Almost like a rope around his neck.

   It was the first time that had happened in his life and ever since then, his father never left during the phases of the full moon and it never repeated again. He never asked why Xemnas wasn't affected by his harmful ability to steal life and the topic wasn't discussed.

   In his peripheral field of view, he sees the strands of glowing silver hair near his face drop into dark curtains over his eyes. If he stood there any longer, Eraqus was sure to arrive.

   He mutters a few complaints about himself and leans over the windowsill. Just as he was about to make an escape through the window, the door opened with low creak and he immediately halted, frozen.

   "Xeha? I heard a lot of noise just now. Is something wrong?"

   "I… I can't explain," he muttered, keeping away his amber eyes.

   "Hey, what happened?"

   He immediately backed away further at the sound of his footsteps only to bump into the wall. "I don't want to hurt you! Stay over there, better yet, get out!"

   To anyone else, being stared at with glowing cat like eyes would absolutely terrify them to the point of running with their tails between their legs, despite there being no actual danger. Xehanort knew how it was abnormal because— books. He himself, wasn't very fond of them so he never looked in the mirror at night. But, gods damn, Eraqus wouldn't stop staring.

   Without a word, he walked towards him, arriving in just a dozen steps and stared deeply. Those silver eyes were so focused on his yellow eyes that Xehanort felt a bit more frightened.

   His hand reached out cautiously with clear hesitation but managed to touch his cheek. "What's wrong?" he whispered softly, sending a shiver down his spine.

   "It's nothing, really," he replied stubbornly.

   Now both hands were on his face. "Xehanort, please."

   But the silver— now onyx shook his head, and pulled those hands away and placed the palm at his rapid heartbeat. "I don't want to tell you. I'm too afraid…that you might leave."

◻ ◼ ◻ ◼ ◻ ◼ ◻ ◼ ◻ ◼ ◻

I seriously didn't realize how long this chapter was until I actually inserted it.

Anyways, I'm back and the ending to this book is just a handful of chapters away and the plot twists are gonna start rolling in! I hope you all will be there to see! Have a good day!

[09|05|19]

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

4.2K 162 82
« Alright, guys ? What do you think about past life and reincarnations ? » Dean was taken aback by Win's word toward his two friends. Who would ask s...
23K 2K 96
*completed* Despite being only 17, Virgil's had a horrible life, living in an orphanage and being an outcast at school, and it just got even worse wh...
508K 22.4K 49
Book 1 He was cast to the edges of his clan. His father could not stand to even look at him. His baby sister probably didn't even know he was her b...
29 0 2
||New cover will come soon|| Mob gets tired of the life he has to live. Living in constant paranoia in raising some flags. He decides to move out of...