Cookies & Cuffs

By tea_bag_

"You know most people go to clubs or social gathering to find a date, not a fucking prison." 21 year old Melo... More

Authors Note
The Scars Series
I| "Romeo Romero?"
II| "My gay best friend!"
III| "His pregnant fiancΓ©!"
IV| "I got you a friend!"
VI| "I'm literally in prison,"
VII| "Don't know her,"
VIII| "You broke Rule No. 2!"
IX| "Complete stranger,"
X| Cayden's science experiment
XI|"Regla nΓΊmero 3!"
XII|"Life really is a bitch, huh?"
XIII|"You're a good person,"
XIV|"Who is Cayden Royce?"
XV|"Enjoy my parting gift,"
XVI|"Oh no, my poor James,"
XVII|"Tank who?"
XVIII|"Cookiessss..."
XIX|"Melody, I'm married."
XX|"I thought you left me,"
XXI|"Melody, stop following him!"
XXII|"Mum and dad are fighting,"
XXIII|"Guys, we've got incoming,"
XXIII.2| "Don't say her name,"
XXIV| "What's his name?"
XXV| "Tragic villain backstory,"
XXVI|"There goes your rule No.4,"
XXXVII| "You joined a gang!"
XXVIII| "I thought we were family,"
XXXIX| "It's about to rain."
IX | "The family business,"
Thank You

V| "You're such a pervert,"

12.9K 476 77
By tea_bag_

*WARNING - not edited and probably a very shitty chapter*

Melody

"Hi," I smile at Cayden who sits down with a frown while muttering something about how he can't believe he agreed to this.

"Why do you do this to yourself?" He facepalms as he shakes his head at me.

I shrug, "I have no idea," my eyes scanning the room to find James's only to find him walking towards the corner of the room, reaching up to press a button on the AC, probably turning it off because the room currently felt like a freezer. It was still mid-February and the weather was still Cool, so I have no idea who thought turning the AC on was a good idea.

But see that wasn't what caught my attention, it was more the fact that when he reached up, his goddamn muscles...

"You're such a pervert," Cayden commented, leaning back in his seat, while intently staring at me.

I turn back to glare at him, "hey don't be rude, I'm just appreciating the art,"

He rolls his eyes and mutters under his breath, "pervert,"

Maybe I should ask him to turn it on, just so I can see that again...

I turn towards Cayden, "doesn't it feel a little too hot now,"

He narrows his eyes at me, "don't you dare,"

I give him an innocent smile, "Hmm maybe I should call James to turn it on, or just a little up,"

He stares at me, "don't,"

Leaving my smile on I turn towards James who was looking around the room until his eyes fall on my and his smile instantly pops up, Awh!

"I'm leaving," Cayden suddenly states, moving to get up but I quickly turn towards him,

"What? Don't, please ten more minutes," I plead, giving him my best puppy dog eyes.

He sighs and shakes his head, "I don't know if I wanna stay here and turn into an ice lolly,"

I pout at him and furrow my brow at him, "fine I won't say anything," I sigh and slouch against my seat, "I'm bored. How do you time pass in prison?"

He gives me a blank face and rolls his eyes, "you have the attention span of a squirrel, you came to watch James so watch him,"

I pout at him, "why you gotta be so rude?" instead of responding he stares at me blankly and slowly blinks.

"So...did you like my drawings?" I asked, remembering the pile of paper I gave him my last visit.

His expression finally changes from a blank slate to a smirk, "yeah, everyone thought my 3-year-old sister drew it,"

I frown at him and fake cry, "my time and effort,"

He shakes his head and sighs, "so I'm done with this and this is how it's gonna work okay, you're gonna ask James to meet you somewhere and you're gonna stop visiting people in prison,"

I stare blankly at him, "why?"

He groans and facepalms, "you're seriously asking me why," I nod, actually curious as to why.

"Because what you're doing is dangerous," he says, his tone a warning.

"I know," I shrug, still blocking out the logically part of this whole idea, "but I promise, this is the last time or one of the last times,"

He raises a brow at me, "fine make this Friday your last visit,"

I stare at him shocked, "why? I mean sure I'll visit you on Friday but is there a reason," 

He pushes his chair back and gets up, "no reason, see you on Friday," with that he walks back towards the exit.

Not really thinking more into this I shrug and get up, looking for James who seemed to be already walking my way, "Hey," I greet, smiling up at him.

He smiles back, "hey, finished?" I nod and he continues, "great, let's go,"

.     .     .

"Hey Lauren, didn't you get the vanilla extract?" I ask while going through the groceries.

She puts the bags of flour in the cupboard and walks back towards the bags, "sorry no, they didn't have the one we usually use, so the guy said it should be here tomorrow. But I think we've got enough for today's orders,"

I nod, opening the cupboard to see the bottle of vanilla extra, it wasn't half full but it had enough, "yeah that's alright, I'll pick it up tomorrow of the way on here,"

The bakery only consists of Lauren and I, whose a friend of mine since high school, she usually manages the tills and some baking but I mostly do the big orders. Since I can't actually afford to hire any more workers, even though we make good money but it all adds up and we don't really see the need for more workers.

The bell on top of the door catches our attention, causing us both to turn around, "you go, I'll put the things away," I tell Lauren who nods, wiping her hands on her apron as she walks to the front.

I quickly start putting the things away until Lauren pops back into the kitchen, "it's a guy, says he's here to see you,"

Confused, I nod and wipe my hands on my apron, swapping places with Lauren.

I slowly walk out towards the front, until my eyes fall on the familiar face causing my face to brighten up, "James! You finally made it,"

He returns my smile, "hey kitten and yeah finally here," his eyes scan the little treats we have behind the glass display.

"So what you in the mood for, obviously expect your free cupcake," I remind him,

He hums and continues looking at the display, "what would you recommend? I have a real sweet tooth, so something super sweet,"

I walk towards the tray of cupcakes, taking it out and putting it next to the till, "Well here's a selection of some really sweet treats you can try,"

He looks through the tray, his eyes returning to the display, "Okay I'm gonna get the strawberry muffin, that looks good," he points towards the cupcake.

I nod, passing it to him, "Well here's your free cupcake," which he takes with an excited expression, his also very quick to take a bite, "damn that's literally heaven," he groans, his mouth full.

"Thank you," I smile, pleased that he liked it, "would you like to try anything else,"

He suddenly looks sad, "I really would but I'm gonna run late for work, but after this cupcake, you've put me of any other Bakerys, so I'll be back again," 

Finally!

I nod while getting a paper bag, "it's cool, here take this for the way," I put another muffin in the bag, holding it out for James.

He nods, reaching into his pocket to probably get his wallet out, but I stop him, "it's free,"

He still reaches into his pocket, getting some change out, "are you sure?" He asks, hesitant.

I nod, "yeah, take it but you better be back,"

He smiles and winks, "you know I will,"

Dead

He takes the bag, his fingers slightly brushing mine, "see you later, kitten," he puts some change in the charity pot, starting to walk away.

"Bye," I wave, my hand hovering the the air.

If he comes here, that means no more prison visits, no more Romero or...Cayden.

- Authors Note -

Heyy

Sorry for the late update but I'm not really feeling this chapter😭

But Thank you guys for reading, comments or voting!!💕💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 26.8K 59
[COMPLETED] _____________________________________________ "You're worth more than a fucking deal, Amara." __________________________________________...
6.2M 222K 62
"If you turn your back to me again, you better be bending over, sweetheart." *** Everyone warns you about boys who go looking for troubles, who have...
86.8M 1.9M 47
#1 in Young Adult #9 in Badboy #1 in Cold #3 in Goodgirl #1 in Sweetheart #14 in Love *Currently available at Amazon!!!* He'd never met someone with...
471K 14.4K 34
He didn't stop when he reached her but leaned forward and kissed her hard, on the mouth. The air left her lungs. Maybe it was because it was her firs...