A Feast For The Vampires

By KellyRose000

(BxB) - (Novel) - (Completed) Remember the saying that goes, "Keep your friends close, but your enemies close... More

Prologue
I
II
III
IV
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLVIII
Epilogue

V

709 62 1
By KellyRose000

It was the creeping shivers that ran through Kimi that kept his mind wandering in a river full of nothingness. His mind, soul and body were held in the dislocated grip of confusion as he chewed on his bottom lip like a hungry baby koala.

“—lis. Mr. Mikaelis!”

Kimi jerked, his pen slipping out of his hands, rolling off the table and landing on the floor with a thin thud. A groan escaped his lips as he looked up, Mr. Marshall staring down at him.

Mr. Marshall raised an eyebrow, squatted and retrieved the fallen pen. “Nice pen,” he commented as his finger traced the letters engraved in the pen. He held it out to Kimi. “Here.”

Kimi moved to take his pen but Mr. Marshall moved it out of his reach. A silent groan worked its way up his throat, the area between his eyebrows creasing.

“You look like you slept in an abandoned warehouse,” Mr. Marshall uttered as his eyes traced the dark circles awkwardly highlighting Kimi’s grey eyes.

Kimi huffed and shook his head. “I freaking did. Actually, I’ve been sleeping in abandoned warehouses since I was freaking six.” Kimi shrugged lazily. “It has its perks: dust, decay and preposterous sneezing.”

A few of Kimi’s classmates found his words funny and decided to release a few laughs, but Mr. Marshall didn’t find Kimi’s words funny as he silenced the class with a cold stare.

“Since you’re new, I’ll forgive your attitude and return your pen if you can tell me the Latin word for blood.”

Kimi shuddered in disgust. “I freaking have no clue.”

Mr. Marshall released a frustrated sigh and shook his head. “Lunch break detention. Library. Be on time.” And he placed the pen on the table with a light slap, returning back to his teaching.

Kimi locked his jaw and picked up his pen, twirled it in his hand and placed it beside his notebook.

*

With the sound of the bell, Kimi shut the door to the library. He sighed, his shoulders tense as he walked towards the rows of shelves.

“Mr. Marshall?”

A loud thud answered Kimi; this was followed by audible groans of protest and curses. Kimi raised an eyebrow as two figures emerged from within the narrow space between two shelves to his right; they looked dishevelled. The first thing that caught his attention were the eyes of the fair boy—eyes similar to his.

The fair boy had a deep blush on his face as he walked in front of a tall dark boy, his hand in the tall boy’s hand.

Oh.

“I told you that we should have started a little earlier.” The fair boy released a breathy laugh and concentrated his gaze on Kimi. “You must be the new student we’re supposed to look after. Kimi?”

“Kimi Mikaelis. Mr. Marshall told me to come here for detention.”

The dark-skinned boy nodded slightly and looked down at the fair boy. “I guess we better focus on more important things.” He watched as the blush on the fair boy’s face darkened. He chuckled and extended his free hand towards Kimi. “Illiad Vdélla.”

Repulsively, Kimi shuddered, tensed fear creeping up his throat. Unconsciously, he took a step back, this act getting noticed by Illiad. It was then that he noticed the uncanny bronze eyes of the dark boy; they had a certain tint in them.

“I’m Silver Mikaela. I’m guessing if your last name is also spelt with a ‘k’ and not a ‘c-h’, that’ll make you my annoying, unfaithful cousin that left me stranded for twelve years.” Silver raised a quirky eyebrow.

Kimi blinked in confusion for a few seconds before recognition made him raise an eyebrow. “Argyr?”

Silver smirked and walked towards Kimi. “Yeah you are my little cousin that gave me that annoying yet sweet nickname.” He moved to hug Kimi but Kimi moved out of his outstretched arms.

“Don’t freaking touch me,” Kimi mumbled in irritation under his breath.

Illiad raised an eyebrow and watched Silver’s shoulders droop in defeat. He walked to Silver and placed a comforting hand on his shoulder.

“Maybe we should just carry out what Mr. Marshall told us to do.”

Silver sighed and nodded. “Yeah.” He turned to stand beside Illiad.

Illiad cleared his throat, gaining Kimi’s attention.

Interesting eyes, Illiad thought as he noticed Kimi’s eyes. “You’ll spend your lunch break, as ordered by Mr. Marshall, organizing the library. We’re just here to make sure that you don’t quit your assignment.”

“Or Mr. Marshall just sent us here to do his dirty work while he found the mysterious answer to squared phi,” Silver said with a shrug.

Kimi furrowed his eyebrows and moved to start his punishment. “Okay.”

Illiad and Silver watched Kimi disappear in between a row of shelves; it was like his absence dispersed tenseness.

“He looks tired,” Silver voiced with a certain edge to his tone.

But Illiad shook his in slight disapproval. “He looks like he’s immensely frightened.”

Silver nodded before placing his head on Illiad’s shoulder, the boy’s arm pulling him closer.

“Remember that cousin that I said was returning?”

Illiad furrowed his eyebrows in confusion before his eyes slowly widened in dreaded remembrance. “Oh. This is bad.”

Silver smirked a little. “Bad is only just the beginning.”

Illiad sighed. “‘Argyr’? Seriously?”

Silver blushed lightly. “He was only five.”

“Right,” Illiad dragged out with an amused expression.

*

Students piled out of the school in groups as they headed home, their chattering escaping into the grey skies as Kimi walked alone with his head hooded and a gloomy expression on his face. His head was downcast and he watched his moving feet, not paying attention to where he was walking to, leading to him colliding with a body; he staggered backwards in response.

“What the heck?! Can’t zombies walk where humans don’t!” exclaimed a familiar voice.

Kimi locked his jaw and looked up, his eyes looking into wicked, green ones. He moved to walk past Clover but she gripped his elbow, a wicked smirk on her face. “Leave me the fu—”

“Apologize twit.” She dared him by widening her smirk and pressed her razored fingernails into his skin.

His expression slowly twisted as he stared at the face of the girl. He felt tight in his chest, fisted his hands and held onto Clover’s wrist.

She raised an eyebrow. “You—”

“Cut the crap Clover,” expressed a pitched voice.

Clover rolled her eyes and pulled her hand out of Kimi’s angry grip. She rubbed her wrist. “He disgusts me Qharis.”

“Then avoid the new kid. Period.”

Clover rolled her eyes and shook her head. “Let’s go before your brothers send the chauffeur.”

Qharis walked past Kimi, her arm getting held cheerfully by Clover. Clover dragged her, not without Qharis sparing a glance at Kimi.

Kimi looked past the shadows of his hoodie and was greeted by the same uncanny pale blue eyes which gave off an ominous feeling as they were highlighted by Qharis’ pale brown skin; his breath hitched and he saw recognition in those pair of eyes.

The buzzing of his phone threw him out of his daze. He scowled as he pulled out his phone; it was a message from his mother.

Please get me a few avocados from the supermarket. Rush back home and don’t get stuck in the rain.

“I’m dying of hunger and you’re sending me on a pit less errand.” Kimi turned off his phone and shoved it into his pocket. “Screw hunger.”

Author’s Note: Sup dudes. How was this chapter. Find any connecting dots yet. ƪ(‾.‾“)┐If you haven’t, then don’t fret. I also have no dots to connect as the author. Vote, comment and share. Good day/night! \(^ω^\)

Fun Fact: I got my brain juices flowing for this chapter when I had watched a few episodes of Teen Wolf and I was about to sleep, but suddenly I saw thesign’ (●~●)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.6K 2.8K 44
When two lovers' best friends meet for the first time... lots of feelings can rise. Attraction, confusion, lust... love? Will they be able to overcom...
1.1K 56 25
DISCONTINUED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE A lone boy lives by himself, living an ordinary life, or so he thought... His life turns around as he finds out wh...
546 16 29
Our parent's made life look easy. They made love look easy. What they didnt make look easy? Was High School. They didn't tell us High School could te...
482K 25.4K 56
The Human and Vampire War changed the United States forever. Vampires have won rights-but they're second class citizens. A growing evil is inside Ren...