Dreams: Rewritten | Ninjago R...

By WriterAgreste

[Major editing in process] In the land of Ninjago, people aren't always good, some are bad, others can fit i... More

Standing At Cliff's Edge
Paper On The Wind
Razed With The Rubble
A Rude Awakening
Not All Who Slither, Lie
Perfect Recipe For Mischief
In For A Shock
Few Centimetres Apart
Unwilling Rollercoaster Rides
Between Sons & Fathers
Eyes of White-Hot Flame
Into The Serpent's Den
From Bad To Worse
Actions Have Their Consequences
Ninja ''Survive'' Real Life
Landlubbers Beware
Danger of the Doppelgängers
Speed, I Am Speed.
Woes of Finite Youth
What Broken Bones?
Paper Beats Rock
Retrieving The Scroll
Within The Undercurrent
It's MiCole Jackson!
Ticking Life Away
Sunglow Brilliance
Sweet Tea
Rebooted: The Bacteria Strikes Back
Storm of Emotion
Bruised
Storytime With Acidicus
The Digiverse
Arcturus
Space Ninja
Farewell
Purity, Virtue & Innocence
An Invitation
Snake Obsessed Dude
Lightning Vs Earth
Sister Versus Sister
Secret Alliances
Slither As Fast As You Can
Power Thief
Escape Attempt
The Greatest Enemy: Fear
Fight For Peace
The Moment He Waited For
Spooky Reasons
Ronin, I've Come To Bargain
Spooky Scary Temple
Ice-Scream
Writers of Destiny
It's a Trap
Utterly Riddled
Reverse
Queen of the Waves
Tea Time
Hi & Good Bi
Fame to Framed
Cat, Mouse & Fox
Behind Bars
Hexed
Checkmate
A ''Normal'' Day
Wishin'
Replacement Ninja Team, ASSEMBLE!
Nadakhan Will Pay
Day of the Departed
Memes and Ham Sandwiches
A Master's Secret Revealed
Blackout
Scrap Thieves
A Slow-Mo Fight
Attack on Temple
Risky Decisions
Stop, Wait a Minute
The Boiling Tea- I Mean Sea
It's Rewind Time
Enter Princess Pasta Hair
Simps and Explosions
The White Oleander
I Have Changed, Like You
You've Been Hacked
Quiet Wolf in Sheeps Clothing
If She Breathes-

To Leave Behind

8.2K 273 388
By WriterAgreste

Of Monsters and Men - I of The Storm

I feel it biting

I feel it break my skin

So uninviting

Are you really going to need me

When I'm gone?

I fear you won't

---

A/N: Made it to the second chapter, good work. That compliment was for me. Jk, y'all cool as well. Anyway, it may seem a bit rushed, but enjoy!

If there was one thing you could honestly say to yourself, it was that you had a few secrets to keep from others.

They weren't necessarily horrendously bad secrets, many have secrets of their own to keep, however, being surrounded by people of totally your own kind had you thinking about them. It just didn't feel like the right time to suddenly tell everyone about those kinds of things, though.

Since you were having to be stupidly self-conscious, it never made up for the amount of self-pride you had.

While you thought to yourself, the ship with you, the ninja and Wu moved through the icy waters, a few icebergs towering over the ship as some of its inhabitants were plagued by the unrelenting cold, snowflakes drifting down onto the ship's deck where some gathered into clumps.

Out the front, Sensei Wu was balanced on the dragon figurehead of the ship.

''I spy something... white,'' Jay spoke, leaning on the side of a railing as Cole steered the ship beside him. The latter sighed, turning to Jay with one hand on the wheel.

''Could you try to be quiet for once? This ain't easy.'' The Earth Ninja replied. Something crashed into the side, and he had to take full control of the wheel again to minimise the damage.

Jay groaned. ''I spy something broken.''

''If Sensei knows the way to the next Golden Weapon, then why isn't he steering the ship? We've been drifting aimlessly for miles.'' Kai wondered aloud to Zane, clearly worried as he rubbed his hands together. He then turned to the Sensei, who was still balancing himself on the dragon figurehead.

''Sensei's wisdom is beyond my own,'' Zane admitted, looking to the Fire Ninja.

''The most powerful move in Spinjitzu,'' Wu started as he turned to face Zane and Kai, jumping down from the figurehead. ''-can only be accomplished when all four elements are combined. Earth! Ice! Fire! Lightning!'' As he shouted out the elements, Wu spun into different poses.

You turned your head at the sight, lifting an eyebrow whilst laying on the makeshift stretcher Jay had prepared. The cold was somewhat of a relief since it had numbed the pain to an extent. Still, you wore something to keep you warm in case frostbite were to set in. You hated frostbite. Then again, who did?

''Uh, what happens when all of them are combined?" Jay asked.

''The Tornado of Creation,'' Wu responded, doing a trick with his hands that made a cup appear in his grasp. ''The power to create something out of nothing.'' You then watched as Kai tried to copy Sensei Wu's different poses. ''No, Kai! If done incorrectly, it will lead to disastrous consequences.''

''Disastrous consequences... right,'' Kai muttered. The ship lurched forward, and so were its occupants, the sound of wood grinding against ice filling the air. The front part of the ship and the sails were quickly frozen, the crystalline frost faintly glittering in the light.

Cole was silent at the wheel for a moment. ''Wasn't me.''

Kai sat on the deck. ''Did I do that?" He questioned himself as the Sensei went toward the front of the ship.

''No. We are here.'' Wu announced.

Sensei Wu was meditating on the deck, awaiting the ninja's return with the retrieval of the next Golden Weapon, whilst you had pulled out a piece of paper and a pen to draw with. It was just something you could do. Well, you had been drawing for ages before the whole cliff incident.

Trying to sketch the ice around you was more complicated than you initially thought. Where the ice started, and where it ended were not so easily discernable, thankfully there were bits of darker ice where it was compacted, which was where you began.

A small cough brought your focus away from your drawing. Glancing up, you saw Wu towering over you, almost making you jump if you weren't laying on the makeshift stretcher. He knelt, dropping something in front of your laying form.

This time, there was no fancy envelope with the seal, just another slightly crumpled piece of paper with the same recognisable scrawl across the page, somehow a bit heavier than usual.

You have no idea how hard it was casting the protection spell. It took me all night to ensure you wouldn't take your last breath. Please, for my sake, keep your Hoshi No Tama close.

Oh. So that's what happened last night. You distinctly remember feeling the warmth and softness like that of a blanket draping itself over you. It felt like home. Of course, you had no idea what that was until now. You just thought a ghost was messing with you then.

Curling your fingers around the paper, you soon found what you required attached to it. The object had a bit of weight to it, the crinkle of a paper bag soon following as you applied a bit of pressure.

With no regard to the paper bag, you then tore through the material, pulling out the small white-gold ball you lost so often. When you were sure Wu wasn't watching, your hand flew over the object, transforming its image to that of a (birth/stone) necklace, which you quickly wore. If anyone asked, you had an alibi.

You then resumed drawing.

The pen slid across the paper, but a loud noise jolted you out of your thoughts. A turn of the head, and lo and behold, the ninja were sliding down the snowy hill on an impromptu iceblock sled but someone seemed to be missing.

Zane. Your eyebrows drew together, feeling yourself gulping. It was then that you spotted him. He was in the ice block, holding onto two Golden Shurikens which jutted out of the ice block. Never had you thought you'd see the day. Guess you could call him the Iced Ninja now.

However, the ninja didn't stick the landing, the Zane ice block ramming headfirst into the base of an ice torii gate, shattering on impact. It took a few moments for the boys to emerge, dazed and likely suffering headaches.

Now to the next weapon.

Lightning crackled not just in the skies above, but also around the ninja, who were starting to climb at the base of a structure shaped into a pair of nunchucks. Zane glanced over the edge, spotting the boneheads below them.

''We are being followed!'' The Ice Ninja warned the others.

''Now, let's go!'' Jay replied, and he with the others, began their hurried ascent whilst the boneheads beneath chased after them. The Lightning Ninja was the first to reach the top, seeing no dragon near but the Nunchucks of Lightning was. ''Heh, alright!''

Grabbing them, he went to show the others, before turning around as the Lightning Dragon appeared in a flash, towering above him as the mist started coming out of its maw. Jay turned back, leaping off the edge with the Nunchucks, the others following.

One by one, the ninja's gliders were activated, while the Skulkin army was only able to watch. However, General Samukai laughed.

A pile of leaves sat in front of you whilst the others sat around a campfire, the skies dark above with the occasional star. You were trying to sort through the leaves to find the ''best'' one. Though, you could imagine that the others thought differently about what you were doing.

Soon, though, a beat began to play with Cole behind a pair of bongo drums, which Kai and Jay quickly got up to start dancing to, while you, Wu, and Zane either watched or did your own thing.

The Ice Ninja settled down by your side, watching the Lightning Ninja and the Fire Ninja dance to the beat. A simple glance told you he sat a bit away from you, perhaps to give you space as you went through the leaves.

The task itself was getting to the point where it seemed to be hilariously useless to where you were about to call it a day and throw them in the fire. So, to still your thoughts, you spoke.

''Thanks for the help with my legs.'' You glanced down at the splints, then at him. He didn't seem to hear it until you repeated it. He blinked a few times, finally attentive.

''You're welcome.'' Came his reply. A faint smile lit up his face, as he turned his head to you. The Ice Ninja went to place his hand in the space in between but retracted it. ''Are you still in pain?"

''Uh, yeah, I kind of am.'' You frowned, visibly wincing. ''Legs still achy-breaky- okay, forget I ever said that.'' Zane nodded, while you silently scolded yourself. ''Besides, these leaves aren't gonna sort themselves...''

You finally picked one out, holding it up so you could see it better in the light. It probably wouldn't last long, judging by how decayed it was. But you were sick of the task so you supposed there was no other option.

''C'mon, Sensei, join us!'' Kai spoke up with an offer to the Tea-Obsessed Man, who was sitting down with his head bowed and eyes closed.

The old man opened his eyes, looking irritated. ''There is still one weapon left! We must get our sleep!'' The Sensei reminded the Fire Ninja.

''Aww, Sensei. Look, you gotta admit, we're kicking their boney butts!'' Jay pointed out, punching his fists forward as if to emphasise his point.

''Get up here. Show us some moves.'' Kai encouraged, beckoning a little to the old man.

The Sensei was hesitant at first. ''I guess I could.'' He started, rising to his feet. ''Now this move is very special.''

''But if done incorrectly, will it lead to disastrous consequences?'' Zane questioned. The others laughed, but you were hesitant to follow. Only when the Ice Ninja did not show a negative reaction was when you joined in. However, that just made it awkward.

''Zane, is that a joke? A sense of humour... you found it!'' The Fire Ninja attempted to save the others from the awkward silence, and the group then burst into laughter. Cole began playing the bongo drums again, while Wu danced more into the night, while you watched in silence.

The campfire had long since burned out by the time you opened your eyes. It was still dark, the others out cold, with Jay snoring a bit louder than Cole. A few of the leaves from the pile were scattered around the now smouldering campfire, some more burnt than others.

In the midst of them all, an orange one mostly covered in soot was sandwiched between the ground and another leaf, but blackened to charcoal. Tearing your gaze away from it, you glanced around to ensure no one was awake and watching, then looked to where Kai had fallen asleep.

He wasn't there.

A shout cut through the air, with faint footsteps already getting quieter as you listened with what focus you had, straining your ears. More footsteps sounded somewhere nearby, but they were heavier, not those of a ninja.

The thought of who those footsteps belonged to panicked you, distorting any rational thought as a hand snatched up the pathetic chosen leaf and shoved it onto your dishevelled hair. Pain shot up not only to your legs but all limbs, cloaking you in a world of agony as the surroundings grew larger.

While this was happening, another stirred from slumber, soon after catching a glimpse of a bird flying high into the night.

''Tick tock. Tick tock.''

Kai looked around the inner walls of the volcano, attempting to locate the source of the voice. In front of him, dangling above the lava wrapped in chains was his sister, Nya. For a moment, the Fire Ninja closed his eyes before opening them with newfound determination, flipping over the lava towards the Golden Weapon that was the Sword of Fire.

Snatching it from its place, he whirled into Spinjitzu with the Sword in his grasp, slicing the chains that held up his sister and saving her before she could fall into the lava. The two landed safely on the other side, Kai then helping his sister up. The Fire Ninja held the Sword of Fire in front of him, and Nya kept close as they went forward warily.

''Stay close.'' The Fire Ninja told her.

''Trust me, I'm not going anywhere.'' She replied fearfully.

''You can't hurt us! You're only a shadow!'' Kai boldly shouted as he looked up to Garmadon's shadowy self.

''Even shadows have their uses,'' Garmadon replied, as the Fire Ninja's shadow turned against him, appearing in front of the two.

''Kai! Look out!'' Nya warned, pointing to his traitorous shadow as it swiped at him with its shadow sword.

''Stay back, Nya,'' Kai warned once again.

''Stay close, stay back. Make up your mind.'' Nya irritatedly responded, hiding behind a rock as Kai advanced on the shadow. She narrowed her eyes slightly, seeing something fly into the room, her focus then brought back to the scene at hand with her brother.

The Fire Ninja slashed at his shadow with his Sword, keeping it up even when the shadow just stood there. When he was done, it easily kicked his chest multiple times before sending him back to Nya with one final kick.

''That's not fair!'' Nya cried out.

''Oh, am I being too hard?'' Garmadon questioned as more of Kai's shadows were created, all of them standing in a single line.

The Fire Ninja struggled to get to his feet as he attempted to fight them off. One of the many shadows disarmed him, picking up the sword. Out of nowhere, Wu appeared, his shadow appearing amid the Kai Shadow Clones, using it to fight them off.

Creating a bird shadow with his hands, another one appeared beside it, attempting to fight off some of the Shadow Clones. However, one of the Clones grabbed its shadow, throwing it out of the room before it could do significant damage, while Nya watched on with dismay.

''Brother. I see you protect one, but what about the other three?'' Garmadon asked Wu.

''They are safe! Far from your grasp, Garmadon!'' Wu shot back.

''I wouldn't be so confident, you forgot one as well, brother.'' If Garmadon could visibly smirk, he would've, as Wu's eyes darted over to the entrance to the temple.

You coughed up some dirt you accidentally swallowed, laying with your belly flat on the ground in front of the Fire Temple. Beside you, the pathetic leaf was no more, reduced to ashes. A few feathers were strewn across your front, soon blown away by a breeze that briefly cooled your sweaty face.

Admittedly, you could've done so much better. But it felt so good, even if you were there for a few seconds. Blood pumping through your veins, riding on the high of the fight, you felt alive. More than you've ever felt since you fell from the cliff, you couldn't even feel any pain that tormented you. Plus, the shadow was just lucky enough to hit you.

Eventually, the feeling faded, leaving you exhausted. Most, if not all of your energy was spent, especially with the lack of sleep that brought the tiredness finally crashing down onto you.

Without much thought, you reached out towards the Fire Temple with a whimper that no one heard as if the light that glowed from within could save you, but it fell on deaf ears when you were dragged back into slumber's inky black.

When you came to, voices in their multiple clashed with each other above. Wearily, you opened your eyes, and two red blurs immediately appeared in your frame of vision, one closer than the other, eventually focusing to see Kai and his sister standing over you.

A roar startled you out of sleepiness, your eyes widening as you looked in the direction of the source, a red dragon glaring your way. Looking around, the other part of the ninja group were here too.

''Where were you?" Zane was the one to ask, however, your head became dizzy at the thought of answering. Here, you couldn't make up a lie on the spot. With your state, anyone could notice if you weren't telling the truth.

Only a whisper came from your lips, hard for the others to hear. You kept trying to speak loud enough for them to hear. Eventually, the group settled on sending you with Nya back to her home.

---

Your mother had once mentioned a 'Four Weapons Blacksmith' with a wistful tone, but you hadn't seen it for yourself before today. All that happened too recently felt like a massive letdown, with nothing to make up for it.

When you were inside, Nya went upstairs to fetch a candle to light up, coming back downstairs and setting it on the nearest windowsill. Awkwardly, she looked down at you before grabbing a rugged-looking mattress that you sluggishly crawled onto, the girl herself then sitting near.

''It's gonna be a long night if we stay up,'' Nya murmured, something you heard and nodded in response to.

''Yeah.'' You couldn't help feeling a bit of resentment towards the ninja, the lack of agency they provided stirred the feeling within you. Tears pricked the corners of your eyes, clenching your fists and unclenching them as you tried to bury your face in the mattress to get comfortable. A shuffling was heard beside you, something warm pressing against your back.

''...Do you want a hug?'' Nya questioned, helping you sit up. Swallowing the lump that had formed in your throat, you nodded in response. Almost immediately, the girl wrapped her arms around you, being careful not to squash one of your legs, though she certainly was close to doing it.

This time, the tears flowed freely down your face as Nya stayed silent, keeping you in a hug. Almost all of the things bottled up spilled like the tears did, unable to control the flow. You tapped her side twice before she released you without complaint, while you wiped away your tears before they could stain your face.

''My brother talked about your legs being broken. Do they hurt now?" The girl inquired, getting a flinch from you, imagining the pain. You then furrowed your eyebrows, looking down at your legs, before your eyes widened a smidge.

Was it bad to say you could no longer feel the pain in your legs?

... Or was it bad to say you could no longer feel your legs?

Second chapter, here we go! I should say, the Nya x Reader tag isn't a joke. (She's my favourite ninja, okay, don't @ me.) Of course, I finish writing this as the clock strikes midnight, so if you don't mind, I'm gonna go rest!

As always, all of your comments I read with a smile, so please, go wild!

Without further ado,

See ya, Bookworms.

WriterAgreste, over & out!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

812 26 28
"How long do you think you can keep him safe? How long until Ice diminishes and Fire uproars? Is Aspen as safe as you think? Darkness doesn't go away...
7.6K 203 15
The Smith siblings, Kai and Nya, together with their little foster brother, Lloyd, try to survive their difficult life with their abusive foster pare...
2.7K 75 9
THIS STORY IS DISCONTINUED, I am currently writing a new one and am leaving this one open for anyone who wants to read it! "Being transported into th...
2.8K 56 7
*****REWRITING!!!! Marked as complete so people know I'm Not editing anymore!!!****** Not everyone gets a choice in who they want to be. Sometimes de...