Why Him? (Draco Malfoy Story)

By Rey_Frost462

My name is Davina Lilith Potter, I'm Harry Potter's little sister. And as if learning about this new life wh... More

Intro
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
News! News! News!
Its up!

Eleven

16.2K 311 193
By Rey_Frost462

"According to my father," Ginny said as we were sitting with Neville, Seamus, Simon, and Alice. "There was loads of security at the world cup."

"And someone was still able to get inside, to do all that?" Seamus said.

"It had to be an inside job." Simon said as they talk about how it could've happened.

I had my head leaned against the window as I felt headaches again. I shut my eyes and took deep breathes as I tried to relax and let it happen.

"Davina are you okay?" reopening my eyes I look at Ginny and nodded.

"I'm fine."

I slowly got up and decided to tell Harry about it now. I always told him about my headcahes, and he tells me when his scars hurts too.

"I'll be back." I said getting up and headed to find Harry. He was in the next train car, which wasn't that long of a walk. I was in the hall way when I saw Draco leaning against the door talking to his friends.

I just passed by not wanting to deal with him at the moment. He watch me as I did, which I notice him looking at me for a long moment as if he wanted to say somthing. I opened the door to the next train car and then went to where Hermoine and Ron were. I watch as he sent Hedwig out the window. He was probably writing to Sirius again.

"Harry." I said stepping inside.

"What's wrong Davina?"

"Is it your headaches?" Hermoine asked getting up and moved me to sit down.

"How bad are they?" Harry asked.

"Fine, go one for a moment then they stop."

"Maybe you should go see Madame Pofrey." Ron asked. "She might have something."

"Not to mention you hit your head pretty bad at the World Cup." Hermoine stated.

"Come here." Harry moved over and shifted me so I would place my head on his lap like a pillow. "Get some rest. That always seems to help."

"Have they found out who conjured it?" I asked Ron pointing at the newpaper.

"No." He answered. "But they will soon."

~~~~~~~~~~~

When we arrived at Hogwarts, I went back to my car with Ginny, changed and we walked out together. This was my third year now. Harry's fourth. Not to mention everyone is babbling about what had happen in the World Cup. Both the game and the event that followed from the Death Eaters.

We entered the great hall for dinner as he quite us down. The choir preformed and we all listened before the meal even begun. When they finished Dumbledore stood at his podium and made his announcements, one of them being he was canceling quidditch, which maybe everyone upset.

"Alright now I would like to make an annoucement." Dumbledore said. "This year the castle will not only be home to you, but home to some very special guests as well." Mr. Flinch had come running in, which made Me and Ginny laugh. He did have a funny way of running. "You see Hogwarts has been chosen--" Mr. Flinch went up to him and said something. Dumbledore nodded and said something to him again.

"Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legandary event. The Triwizard Tournament."

Everyone began getting excited while I had no clue what was happening.

"For those of you who don't know the Triwizard Tournament brings three schools together for a series of magical contest for each school a single student is selected to compete. Now let me be very clear, if chosen you stand alone, trust me when I say these contest are not for the faint hearted."

That's good to know.

"Now more of that later. Now please help me welcome the Ladies of the Beauxbaton Academy of Magic and their Headmistress, Madame Maxime."

The doors opened and girls in a blue coat and dress started walking in a formation as if they were all one person.

"Bloody hell." One of the guys said from our house table.

I looked at Ginny as all the guys were beginning to fawn over the girls. I even notice my brother was watching them. Seriously?

"Blimey that's one big women." Seamus said as we notice a tall women who was no doubt the headmistress.

Everyone clapped when they bowed and took their seats at an empty table. While he boys whistled and cheered.

Merlin kill me now.

Dumbledore stood and silenced us all. "And now our freinds from the North. Please greet the proud sons of Durmstrang and their headmaster Igor Karkaroff."

The doors opened again and boys walked in with staffs as they spun around that created sparkes when they hit the ground. Ginny and I smiled at each other and stood with all the other girls, and boys, when they ran and and started to do unique tricks. And you'd never believe who just entered with him.

"Bloddy hell it's him." Ron whispered. "It's Viktor Krum."

Everyone began chattering when they saw him.

They to sat down and took their seats. Dumbledore introduce the minster who was to see this contest was upheld.

As he was talking thunder broke and it started to rain on us. I was getting complelty soak until someone fixed the ceiling. We all looked up and saw a man with one eye and the other was this weird magical eyes that moved around on it's own. He was a dark wizard hunter, he filled Azkaban with mostly everyone that is there today.

There were rules set to compete in the Triwizard tournament were: you had to be seventeen to enter-- that was bascailly it. Everyone in Hogwarts and the other schools were bumped at this, but it does make sense, how would a fourth year compare to a seventh year? They knew far much more than any of the lower classes did. But that still upset everyone.

After the annoucements we all began to eat dinner. Ginny and I chated when Simon came beside me.

"Hello Davina."

"Hi Simon." I said looking at me.

The three of us began a conversation. Harry and Ron were talking abuot the ultimate glory. Fred and George were planning something to get themselves into the tournament because they were shy with just a few months and would do anything to get in. We knew it wouldn't work but we didn't say anything, they could try.

I looked up and saw Cedric looking over me. I looked behind and saw there was Cho, the same Cho my brother was head over heels for but didn't have the nerve to tell her. The two looked at each other before Cedric's friends pulled him into a conversation. I let out a sigh as I began looking around the room and saw Draco looking at me. We just look at each other for what felt the longest time before he broke eye contact and conintued to talk to his friends and a girl who was clearly just throwing herself at him.

"That's pathic isn't it?" Alice said to us. "It's like she's despreate to be with him. What's wrong with her?"

"Well..." Everyone look at me. "He's a Malfoy, Merlin knows names and status are such a big things for them."

"Well I guess it works because there's not exactly girls wanting to be with someone as vile as him." Ginny replied.

"Watch soon enough all the syltherins are going to be family, just because they only look for purebloods."

"Just drop it." I said out of nowhere.

After dinner we all headed up to our rooms to get some goodnight sleep. There were already some students talking about submitting their names.

Eventually Ginny, Alice, and I arrived in our dorms. There was a tap on the window as i saw an owl there. I looked at it confused before opening the window and letting it in. He hop inside before dropping the letter on my lap. The owl had dark brown and black feathers, his eyes were a bright yellow. I gave it a treat which it took and waited till I opened and replied.

I looked down and saw who it was from.

You never did write back. I saw you at the world cup but I couldn't excalty go over and introduce myself. Are you alright? When everyone was running I saw you being taken to safety by Cedric Diggory. Are you two something? If so I would like to know, it's not polite to not tell your friend anything.

-M

I smiled and saw Ginny walking to her bed. I casually grabbed my journal and a piece of paper before replying back.

I'm sorry for not writing back I did get side track. The world cup honestly was a shock to me. Mr. Weasley didn't mention about it before, but it was amazing. Before the Death Eaters started attacking the place and that poor muggle family. I'm fine. Worried at that time, because my brother and I got separated from everyone else. Cedric was trying to get me to safety but that's all really. All I could think about was my brother. And there's nothing going on between Cedric and me. I think he has a thing for a girl in ravenclaw.

Out of curiosity. Are you old enough to compete in the Triwizard tournament? I'm not saying you should give it a go, Merlin knows what kind of task they have plan for this. But I would like to know more about you.

-D

I folded the letter and hand it to the bird that was waiting. I stroke it's feather gently before it turn around and flew back to its owner. I changed quickly then went to bed after saying goodnight to Ginny and Alice.

~~~~~~~~~

The next day, students who were seventeen were submitting their names. Some of Durmstrang and a few beauxbatons. I had left to class then came back to meet my brother here to watch the twins, they said they had something cook up.

I was sitting alone when a boy from Durmstrang who looked younger than the one that was entering his name in the Goblet was passing by me.

"Hello." He said politely.

"Hello." I said back as he walked outside with his group of friends.

Our eyes looked at each other for a moment and then he looked back at his friends once they were out the door. At the same time he left a group of Hogwarts students walked in.

I caught a few Slytherins and behind them later was my brother. He and Ron were talking as they walked over. Ginny came in and sat next to me as we began talking about our next class and double checking our assignments.

There was a large group of Hufflepuffs pushing Cedric towards the goblet.

"Come on Cedric, do it!" All of them shouted.

"Alright, alright." He said stepping through the aging line.

He walked up and submitted his name inside the fire. Everyone claped and cheered. Ginny and I focused back on our work, while Hermione was on the lower part of the bench reading a book. That's when the twins came rushing in.

Everyone clapped as they held a bottle proudly in the air.

"Cook it up this morning." Fred said.

Aging potions. Brilliant, as if Dumbledore of course didn't think of it. How dumb did they think Dumbledore was?

"It's not going to work." Hermoine said reading my mind.

The twins walk over and stood either side of her.

"Oh yeah?"

"And why's that Granger?"

"See this?" She pointed at the circle on the ground. "This is an aging line. Dumbledore drew it himself."

"So?"

She scoffed and shut her book. "So? Somone like Dumbledore couldn't possibly be fouled as something as pathetically dimwited as an aging poition."

"Ah but thats why it's so brilliant."

"Because it's so pathetically dimwitted."

The two stood up. This was going to be intersting. Shook their bottle and uncorked it.

"Ready Fred?"

"Ready George?"

"Bottoms up." they both said taking it at the same time.

"This is not going to go well." I told Ginny.

Once they did they jump into the line and we all waited for something to happen.

"Yes!" The both said slapping hands with everyone.

Merlin, they might actually pull this off.

They both turned in their names and waited. Nothing. Everyone clapped but not long before the goblet started to act up and set the twins flying back.

I let out a laugh, I should've not believed it might've actually work but hey with the twins anything was possible.

They sat up and we saw they had white hair and breads on them. We laughed and the twins began to blame each other and started a fight. Everyone was chanting and I just chuckled as GInny smiled adn rolled her eyes.

Everyone slinced as Viktor Krum walked in with his headmaster behind him. There was complete silence while there was soft whispers. Krum placed his name in the goblet and then I notice how he glanced towards Hermoine. It was quick and if I wasn't watching already I might have missed it. He walked out and everyone got ready for class. I grabbed my things and rushed out with Ginny. Heading to more potions lesson with her. After that we went to herbology, and then finally Defense Against the Dark Arts. There was already talked about how Moody already did something terrible in the fourth year class. Ginny and i walked in with simon as sat in our desk.

Professor Moody continued today's lesson and walked back and forth. Up and down the class. When class was over I grabbed my things ready to head out when...

"Potter am I right?" Moody stood in front of me and Ginny's desk.

"Yes sir." i said holding my book near my chest.

He leaned forward as i leaned slightly back and he inspected me, looking for something.

"Professor?"

"Sorry." he grumbled standing back up. "Had to see for myself. It's uncanny how you were born the day your parents met their end. Not to mention your brother surviving the curse."

"Curse?"

"Ask your brother about it."

He walk back into his office as I watch him leave. "Davina." Ginny jotled me awake. And we walk to the great hall for dinner.

We were eating and I saw another letter, I grabbed it quickly and finished eating. When I was finished, I walk out of the great hall and sat on the grand staircase.

I'm not as stupid as the Weasley twins. And no I'm not old enough. I'm a fourth year. Like your brother and his friend's. And I won't answer what house I'm in, it'll just make it easier to find me.

As for the triwizard tournament I wouldn't submit my name. And without your consent, course everyone would dare me too. Of course I'd never back down but I would for you. You're my only friend and I care for you.

I'm glad you're safe. And welcome back.

-M

I smiled and went to the common room, giving the password and then headed to my room. I grabbed a piece of parchment and began writing.

One of these days, one of these days we have to meet. Or i'll just find out who you are.

Anyways, I wouldn't stop you if you wanted to enter your tournament but if you were chosen. I'd be the first to knock some sense into you. "Eternal glory"? Dumbledore says. But it doesn't mean the consequences, this tournament is meant to test you, it might even change you and you'd never be the same.

So careful what you want. You might get something else instead.

-D

~~~~~~~~~

The week went the same. But it felt dull and boring. Lucky one of the classes canceled on friday so I had free time. I was outside the castle sitting underneath a tree, looking out in the garden at the black lake beyond. My jounral was in my hand as well as a book I was studying for transfirgation.

"Are you alright?"

I look at the person talking to me and found Malfoy standing there. That was new.

"I'm fine." I said sitting up.

He gave me a hard look then turned around.

I sighed and grabbed my necklace to open the journal, that's when I heard him walk back. And sit in front of me.

"Why do you write in that rubbish thing anyway?"

"Why do you want to know?"

"You seem awfully fascinated."

"If I were to tell you, I wouldn't hear the end of it. Besides it's none of your business." I got up.

"Wait." He stood up and block my path. "Please."

"Why should I?"

He look dumbstruck for a moment. "Believe it or not, you're more tolerable than anyone in this pathetic place." He muttered.

"Was that a compliment?"

"Don't flatter yourself too much Potter."

I look at him and figured now was the best time as any.

"Fine, but first answer this question. Why did you save me at the world cup, Malfoy?" His face remained emotionless. "You could've just left me there. I wasn't your problem. So why?"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Yes you do." We were alone, so why was he denying it? "When those death eaters attacked you could've just let me go and--"

"You would've been on a suicide mission." His eyes narrowed at me. "You haven't told anyone."

"No."

"Why?"

"I.... I don't know."

"Then that settles it." He step forward and towered over me. "Never speak of it to anyone. I'll deny it if you try, Half-blood. Pity your parents didn't teach you any manners."

"Stop it." I whispered.

"What? Touchy are we? Who knew all anyone had to do to get silence was talk about your parents."

"You're an ass, Malfoy. Not to mention a foul git. One second your concern, the next your vile and cruel. You're just a snake who never really bloody cares about anyone but your own well being." And with that I just left.

"Like i care for a pathetic half-blood like you. You could've died for all I care, must be sad that no one would've care for someone like you if you weren't Saint Potter's little darling sister."

Using all my strength I shoved him back and walk around heading to the common room. I made my way to my room, giving the password and entering the common room, keeping my head low, and went upstairs to my bed. I got inside and closed the door, feeling tears coming up. I slid down and just cried. I slowly had gotten up and laid down on my bed as silent tears streamed down.

I didn't have the energy to go down to dinner. Everything was quite because everyone was mostly in the great hall. It was next week the champions were going to be chosen. That meant one week until my birthday. One week until the anniversary of my parents death. I was sitting near the fire place, looking at the photo of mum, dad, and Harry. With mum having a big belly in it. In the next photo it showed a photo of her in an empty nursery. I flipped the page and it was with mom and dad dancing together.

"Davina?" I heard my brother's voice.

I didn't hear him come in, nor did I care. He walk over and sat beside me.

"Thirteen years." I whispered to him once he sat down. "It's been thirteen years and only three years ago we were finally given a photo of them. Thirteen years since they..."

I felt my brother wrap an arm around me, pulling me close towards him.

"I thought I was finally over thier deaths." I conintued. "But I can't help it... I..."

"I understand." He said soflty. "Trust me I do. It's never easier Davina, but we do have to move on. We'd never forget them of course but we can try and live our lives they way they want us to."

"I just... promise not to leave me? I can't lose you Harry."

"I can't lose you either." He said wrapping both his arms around me. "I'm not leaving you I promise. Nothing is going to hurt you Davina, I'll be here. You won't ever lose me."

~~~~~~~~~

Note: that's all for tonight, hope you enjoyed it.

Till next time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.4K 659 44
Emily Potter is Harry Potter's twin sister. They have always been together in everything. Until their letter came in the mail. They got to Hagwarts a...
3.6M 104K 177
READ DESCRIPTION FIRST TO AVOID CONFUSION. -currently under revision, my grammar sucks- Joy Deveroux, the last descendant of the wealthy, pure-bloode...
1.2K 35 32
Hi, my name is Harper lily potter.... Harry Potter's younger twin sister and this is my life at Hogwarts you might be wondering what dose it feel lik...
7.8K 136 7
Okey so this is not the best story you will ever read but give me creds for trying! A Draco Malfoy fanfiction! Lucius is abusing Draco just because h...