𝐀 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐓 | π˜›π˜¦π˜¦...

By skaikrurogers

in which Meilani McCall's werewolf problems only get worse after Derek becoming the new alpha of Beacon Hills... More

INTRO
1 | where in the world is lydia
2 | we need each other
3 | there's another wolf
4 | another day, another problem
5 | what the holy hell is that
6 | ninety-nine problems and three wolves are one
7 | everything is (not) fine
8 | houston, we have a problem
10 | you're not gay
11 | killing people to death
12 | i'm the worst
13 | any other theories, sherlock?
14 | gotta catch them all
15 | everything is ruined
16 | it's my party and i'll go crazy if i want to
17 | the truth about matt
18 | i didn't ask for any of this
19 | time's up
20 | masterplan
book three + ASK MEILANI QUESTIONS!

9 | operation: save lydia

2.7K 116 52
By skaikrurogers

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

𝘰𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯: 𝘴𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘭𝘺𝘥𝘪𝘢

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Meilani snuck into an abandoned office with Stiles, Scott and Allison. Once they were sure the coast was clear, Meilani shut the door and turned to face Allison. "Derek is outside waiting for Lydia."

"Waiting to kill her?" Allison asked, concern filling her features almost instantly.

"If he thinks she's the Kanima, then yes, especially after what happened at the pool," Meilani replied, running a hand down her face in frustration.

"It's not her," Stiles argued.

Scott shook his head sympathetically, especially because he knew his next words would hurt Allison as well. "Stiles, she failed the test. Nothing happened."

"It can't be her."

"It doesn't even matter because Derek thinks it's her," Allison cut in, throwing her head back to keep the tears at bay. "So either we can convince him that he's wrong, or we've got to figure out a way to protect her."

"Well, I don't think he's going to do anything here, not at school," Meilani said, crossing her arms. "Dereks' not that stupid."

Allison groaned and buried her face in her hands, letting out a heavy breath. "Okay, what if we can prove that Derek's wrong?"

Stiles scoffed and gestured to the clock behind him that indicated there wasn't that much time left of school. "By three o'clock?"

"There could be something in the bestiary," Allison suggested.

"Oh, you mean the nine hundred page book written in archaic Latin that none of us can read?" Stiles remarked, slapping a hand to his side. "Good luck with that."

Allison perked up as a thought crossed her mind. "Wait, I think I know someone who can translate it."

"Uh, I can talk to Derek and see if I can convince him to give us a chance to prove it's not her," Meilani offered, though she already had doubts of that plan actually working. Derek was not one to just let things sit, especially when he was certain of something. She just hoped that this would work out in her favor for once. "But if anything happens, you three have to let me handle it, okay?"

Scott narrowed his eyes at his twin, clearly not happy that she was going to face Derek alone if anything went south. Sure she was the only one that could match up to him, but that didn't mean Scott was okay with any of it. "What does that mean?"

"None of you can heal like I do. I just don't want anyone getting hurt," Meilani explained, glancing between her boyfriend, brother and best friend. "Enough people got hurt because of me already."

Allison slid off the desk she sat on and opened her bag, pulling out her sling shot and arrow. "I can protect myself, Lans. As well as Stiles and Scott, okay? I promise we'll all be fine."

Meilani shook her head with a frown and shifted her gaze to her twin and boyfriend. "I know... it's just... I want you guys safe. Seriously, if anything goes wrong then you have to call me. Al, I don't care if your dad hears or whatever. All of you text, call or scream and I'll hear you then find you. We only have until three."

The three agreed and Meilani took a deep breath before turning and walking to the office door, whirring around when she heard the sound of an arrow zipping through the air. She caught it just before it hit her between the eyes and she shot a cold glare at her boyfriend who quickly shoved the sling shot into Allison's arms.

"Sorry, babe. Faulty trigger on that thing."

Meilani threw the arrow at Stiles, the side of the arrow hitting him square in the chest before crashing to the ground. "Scott, make sure he doesn't do anything stupid."

"Hey!"

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

Meilani made her way towards the lacrosse field where she smelt Boyd and growled in annoyance when she saw it was just him. "Boyd, I want to talk to Derek!"

"Talk to me."

"I don't want to fight," Meilani barked, stopping a few feet from Boyd. She may be smaller than him, but that didn't mean she couldn't hurt him. He was still new to the whole werewolf thing so she was pretty sure she could overpower him just like she can overpower Isaac and Erica.

Boyd shrugged nonchalantly, stuffing his hands in his leather jacket pockets. "Good, because I'm twice the size of you, half pint."

"I'm not scared of you, Boyd. Want to know what I think? I'm twice as fast as you," Meilani snapped and tackled Boyd to the ground before he could even think. She was on her feet in seconds and sent a cocky smirk at Boyd as he stood up.

"She failed the test," Derek said, scaring Meilani at his sudden appearance.

"Yeah, which doesn't prove anything," Meilani argued, straightening out her shirt that got bunched up when she tackled Boyd. "Lydia's different."

"I know because at night she turns into a homicidal walking snake," Derek remarked.

Meilani glared at Derek, hoping it conveyed just how much she despised the alpha in front of her. "I will not let you kill her."

Boyd and Derek shared a knowing glance, both smirking at each other before Derek turned back to Meilani with the same smirk. "Who said I was gonna do it?"

"Oh fucking hell!" Meilani huffed as she realized Derek was going to have Isaac and Erica do it. Two wolves who were more than likely plotting how they were going to do it as the time quickly ticked by. She went to rush back towards the school but Boyd blindsided her and knocked her to the ground, knocking the wind out of her.

"I don't know why you think you have to protect everyone now, Meilani. Even so, Lydia has killed people and she's gonna do it again, and next time, it's gonna be one of us," Derek said to Meilani as he looked down at her.

Meilani coughed weakly as she tried to get the air back into her lungs. "What if you're wrong?"

"She was bitten by an alpha," Derek reminded Meilani as if the girl had forgotten everything that happened. Not likely, dude, not likely. "It's her."

"You saw that thing up close," Meilani said, leaning up on her elbows when she finally had air flowing through her again. "You know it's not like us."

"But it is!" Derek stressed, gesturing to him, Meilani and Boyd. "We're all shapeshifters. You don't know what you're dealing with. It happens rarely and it happens for a reason."

"What reason?"

"Sometimes the shape you take reflects the person that you are," Derek replied and stepped forward, holding his hand out for Meilani to take so he could help her stand back to her feet.

Meilani allowed him to help her back to her feet and she dusted the dirt from her light wash jeans and blue t-shirt, frowning at the dirt that caked her usually white converses. 

"Even Stiles calls her cold-blooded."

"Well, what if she's immune?" Meilani offered, realizing the dirt wouldn't get out until she washed both her shirt and jeans and sighed. "What if she's got something inside of her that makes her immune to the bite, which is why she didn't get paralyzed?"

"No one's immune," Derek argued, rolling his eyes. "I've never seen it or heard of it. It's n- it's never happened."

Meilani rose an eyebrow as she crossed her arms. "Oh? What about Jackson? That's why tested him, isn't it? Because you gave him what he wanted, didn't you?"

"Meilani - "

"Peter said the bite either kills you or turns you," Meilani cut Derek off before he could even begin to defend himself. "You were probably hoping that he would die. Nothing happened though, right? And you have no idea why, do you?"

Derek gritted his teeth, pissed that Meilani cut onto his obvious problem. "No."

"Well, I have a theory. Lydia's immune and somehow she passed it on to Jackson. You know I'm right, Derek."

"No!"

"You cannot do this!" Meilani snapped, getting in Derek's face with no fear at all of the alpha. He could overpower her in no time flat but she wouldn't show fear of him whatsoever. Because the truth was, she wasn't scared of him. 

"I cannot let her live! You should have known that!"

Meilani scoffed and stepped away from Derek in fake disappointment. If Derek didn't think she'd have a back-up plan ready, then he clearly didn't know her as well as he liked to think he did. "I was hoping I could convince you, but then... I was counting on it."

Before Derek or Boyd could react, Meilani took off back towards the school and over to the meet up point she made with Scott, Allison and Stiles just a few minutes before she found Boyd. However, before she could continue down the hall to them, Coach Finstock stopped her outside the boys' locker room.

"Baby McCall!" Finstock snapped, stepping out of the locker room with a chewed up lacrosse shoulder pad in his hand. "You know I'm gonna want an explanation for this. You also know there are certain responsibilities to being a captain on the lacrosse team."

"Co-captain," Meilani sheepishly reminded Coach Finstock, hoping that'd relieve some of the pressure but she should have known better than that.

"Okay, partial responsibilities."

Meilani took the pads when Coach Finstock handed them to her. "Where did you find these?"

"Under the bleachers. You know somebody's gonna have to pay for them."

Meilani held the side of the pad that was falling off and tilted her head when she saw MAEHEALANI written in bold sharpie writing. "These are Danny's."

"Oh great, mystery solved. Why don't you tell your buddy Danny to take care of his equipment, or I'm gonna make you take care of his equipment for him. Now, do you really want to be taking care of Danny's equipment all the time?"

"That depends. Are we still talking about lacrosse pads?"

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

Once the school bell rang to signal the end of the day, Meilani walked through the sea of students to try and find Danny. She knew the others were safe because Scott had texted them once they got to the house. 

"Hey, Meilani," Matt Daehler said as the two bumped into each other. He was in her grade with fluffy brown hair and blue eyes, a camera always hung from around his neck. Much like right then.  Meilani had only spoken to him a few times and he was on the lacrosse team with her, though the two didn't really cross paths.

"Oh, hi, Matt."

Matt helped up his camera as if quietly asking for her picture. She tried to remember if he was on the yearbook committee or not, but she couldn't remember. However, she let him take her picture anyway and he thanked her before rushing out of the school with the rest of the crowd.

"Okay, that totally wasn't weird," Meilani mumbled to herself, rushing further into the school to continue her hunt. She eventually found him in the library, hunched over a laptop.

Danny jumped back when Meilani walked over to him and dropped his shoulder pads onto the table. "Meilani, what the hell did you do to my pads?"

"Me? You're the one who was wearing them," Meilani retorted.

"No, I wasn't. I was in goal, remember?" Danny reminded, continuing to look over his busted up pads. "Two different pads, Meilani."

"Then who was wearing these?" Meilani questioned as her phone rang in her pocket and she took it out to see it was Stiles. She excused herself and stepped away from Danny.

"It's me," Allison greeted.

Meilani furrowed her eyebrows and hid between two bookcases. "What's wrong?"

"You need to get here now. Right now. Derek, Erica, Isaac and Boyd are stood outside your house. It's not good."

Meilani banged her head against the bookcase with a loud groan. "Okay, okay. I'm on my way right now." She hung up and flew out of the library, yelling an apology over her shoulder to Danny who still stared down at his pads.

When she got to the house, Isaac ran around the house attacking Scott and Stiles while she heard Allison upstairs, taking care of Erica. She leaped at Isaac as she transitioned mid-air and knocked him to the ground. It didn't take much to take over the new Beta and he was knocked out within a minute of the two fighting back and forth. 

Allison dragged Erica down the stairs, dropping her next to Isaac on the floor. She was careful not to touch the goo on Erica's hand, that Meilani recognized to be the Kanima's. Meilani furrowed her eyebrows at how Allison got the goo in the first place but she merely shook her head. It was obviously a long story.

"You okay?" Meilani asked, helping her boys to their feet.

"Yeah, we kicked supernatural ass!" Stiles cheered.

"More like the supernatural kicked yours," Meilani snorted and turned to Isaac and Erica. "Not so high and mighty are you?" She faked a pout and grabbed the two, throwing them in front of Derek and Boyd's feet one by one before stepping onto her porch with Stiles, Scott and Allison.

Derek and Boyd glanced down at the two passed out Betas beneath them before trailing their gazes back to Meilani and her pack on the porch. "I think I am finally realizing why you keep refusing me, Meilani. You're not an Omega. You're already an Alpha of your own pack." 

Derek chuckled softly and shot Meilani a cocky grin. "But you know you can't beat me."

Meilani shot Derek a confident look of her own. "Oh, I'm pretty sure I can hold you off until the cops get here, Derek."

Derek looked to his right in the direction in which the sirens were coming from in the distance. They were still too far away for Scott, Stiles and Allison to hear but Boyd, Derek and Meilani could hear them as if they were just around the corner. A hissing sound snapped all of their attention to the roof above them where scratching was heard.

Meilani scrambled down the porch steps and looked up to the roof above her window with Stiles stood behind her and Scott and Allison on either side of her. Just above her bedroom window was the Kanima and when it noticed the group below, it hissed at them.

"Get them out of here," Derek instructed Boyd, motioning to Erica and Isaac who obviously couldn't get themselves out of harm's way.

Lydia ran out of the house with Jackson nowhere in sight. "Would someone please tell me what the hell is going on here?"

Meilani's eyes widened when Jackson still didn't make an appearance and her gaze slowly shifted to the Kanima still on her roof. If they were all out here and he was nowhere in sight, the only logical explanation was...

"Oh my God. It's Jackson."

AUTHORS NOTE

Hi hey hello

WE FINALLY FOUND OUT IT WAS JACKSON, MY DUDES! Matt is also here and he's gonna be important later on so pay attention to him folks, especially with the whole him taking a photo of Meilani. It'll come up again later. 

Just seven episodes left of the season, yall! It is only gonna get more dramatic from here and we love that for this story. Strap up, it's gonna be a bumpy ride.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.7K 1.6K 34
πƒπ„π‘π„πŠ 𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐄. at first they were each other's light in a dark world. now having each other they're entering a bright new beginning. but even t...
13.2K 268 13
Under heavy editing!
45.4K 850 16
[Book 2] Trust the instinct. Aria and Derek have been through a lot, and defeating the Alpha was only the beginning. Now bigger threats are coming a...
27K 1K 44
lottie bailey never expected to fall in love with her best friend, then again, she never thought her other best friend would turn into a werewolf and...