Zodiac: A Generation of Heroes

By Regginite

In the world of Greek mythology; Zeus and the Olympians create a sacred tradition of selecting 12 individuals... More

Pilot
Hot-Headed Friends
Wait For Me
Sour Dreams
I Feel Therefore I Am
Light The Way
Back To School
Reunited
A Worthy Opponent
The Power From Within
The Vengeful Spirit
A Fight for Respect
Beware of the Lion
Cracking the New Kids Shell
Kept In The Dark
Retribution Awaits
The Roar That Echoes
Refugee
The Divine Conference
Evasive Action
Expulsion

Not An Illusion

16 0 0
By Regginite

The next day at the academy the boys begin sparring to test their power when the professor interrupts

Professor Garvis: Excuse me. Sorry to interrupt but we have additional students coming to attend.

Emmanuel: More students!?

Demetrius: Coming here? 

Emmanuel: Sounds awesome. You hear that Lionel more students on the way

Lionel: So they more like us and they're on their way here.

Professor Garvis: Calm down boys, they'll be here soon. I want you guys to behave and NO FUNNY BUSINESS!!!!

(Their nerves begin to shake as they stand at attention)

The boys: YES SIR!!!!

(Knock, knock)

Professor Garvis: That must be them now. Well hello

Grace: Hi there!!!

Nadia: What's up?

Professor Garvis: Welcome to the academy, allow me to introduce myself. I am Professor Garvis and I am in charge of the academy. These are my students, Emmanuel, Demetrius, and Leonidas.

Emmanuel: Hello

Demetrius: Nice to meet you both

Lionel: I prefer to be called Lionel

Grace and Lionel shake hands and instantly Grace goes through a trans

Grace: "You're no stranger to pain. People have hurt you, people you cared about deeply. Even now you weep over what's transpired".

Lionel: What the hell?

The boys: Woa!!!!!!!

Nadia: That's enough Grace! Sorry about that. My sister thinks she's some psychic

(Perspiration runs down Lionel's forehead. His mind scrambles as he tries to comprehend Graces' bold statement)

Lionel: Who is this girl? How does she know all this?

(Nadia glances up towards Lionel and notices a marking on his chest. She walks towards him and exposes the marking.)

Lionel: Woah, hey !!!!

Nadia: You're one  of them

(Lionel looks down at Nadia's hand)

Lionel: So are you

Nadia: The marking of the Leo

Lionel: Judging by the marking you're Pisces

Grace: Yup, that's both me and my sister

The boys: Both?

Lionel: That's different

Professor Garvis: Hmm, can't say I can recall there being two people given the same zodiac powers. But nonetheless, you are zodiacs sent here to unlock your true potential to protect the earth.

Professor Garvis: I'll finish the paperwork for the girls, how about you boys show them around?

Demetrius: Yeah we can do that

Emmanuel: Sure thing

Lionel: I don't see why not

Professor Garvis: And remember boys, NO FUNNY BUSINESS!!!!

(Their nerves begin to shake as they stand at attention)

The boys: YES SIR!!!!

(The fellas show Nadia and Grace around campus. They stop at the cafeteria where they discuss being zodiacs.)

Emmanuel: So how did you two find out you were zodiacs?

Demetrius: Manny!

Emmanuel: What? It was just a question. My bad if I offended you.

Nadia: It's ok to ask, it's one of the first things I would ask too. We found out when we were able to interpret dreams.

Demetrius: Really?

Emmanuel: That sounds pretty cool

Lionel: Until you start interpreting nightmares

Grace: That's what ended up happening

The boys: Huh?

Nadia: I had a dream that my mother who was devastated about our mother's death prayed to the gods to find happiness again. But something went wrong and turned into a monster.

Emmanuel: What do you mean by monster?

Grace: When our mom died, our dad lost the will to live. He prayed to find love again but the love he found was not natural

Nadia: It was deviant. I didn't want to believe it but when I couldn't ignore the signs anymore.

Demetrius: What was going on with him?

Nadia: He was preying on children

(The news sent chills down everyone's spine leaving them in a state of shock)

Demetrius: SO he started pursuing little kids?

Emmanuel: That's not cool at all

Lionel: Hoe the hell do you go from loving your wife to being a child molester?

Nadia: It was the gods! He prayed to find love and became... that

Lionel: The gods have a funny way of granting wishes

Nadia: That's why I hate them

Grace: Huh? No Nadia! No! You can't say that. It's because of them that we have these powers.

Nadia: And it's because of them that dad became a monster. These powers are not a gift, they're a curse! The effect of the tragedy that's transpired. 

Grace: Nana

Nadia: Don't

Nadia: Don't act as you understand. To find out that your father is a pedophile, preying on children; harming them. I couldn't fathom what was happening and I feared that what's stopping him from making us his next targets?

(A river of tears flows from Nadia's feet to the middle of the room. With a clenched fist, Lionel gets up and walks towards Nadia.)

Lionel: You can't carry that kind of weight.

Nadia: Huh?

Lionel: You think all this happened to you as some sort of punishment but it's not, trust me I know the feeling. My parents died in a house fire; shortly after I was chosen as the next Leo. I went through hell just trying to figure my powers and learning to control them. I thought they were a curse but now I see it as a blessing 

Nadia: How on earth can you call it a blessing?

Lionel: Cause I was able to meet people like you. This means I'm not the only one given abilities whos had it rough.

(An expression of awe takes over Nadia's face.)

Nadia: I never thought of it that way

Professor Garvis: Sounds like everyone's getting along. How was the tour?

Grace: It was great. The boys made it a lot of fun!!!!

Professor Garvis: Glad to hear. How bout you, Nadia?

Nadia: It was... Nice

Professor Garvis: Well Ill show you too to your rooms then.

Nadia: Sure. Oh, Lionel?

Lionel: Hm?

Nadia: Thank you

(Professor Garvis leans towards Lionel and pats his back)

Garvis: I heard what you said. That was a kind thing that you did. Being able to calm one's nerves is a sign of being a leader.

Lionel: She was gonna drive herself crazy if she continued to carry that weight. The best thing for her is to move forward. As we all should

(Lionel walks away with a strut that exuviates his sense of satisfaction for completing a good deed.) 

Gravis: Alright boys, get some rest. Got a big day ahead of us

Demetrius: You don't have to tell me twice

Emmanuel: I could some rest after whats transpired today

(Garvis stares at Lionel as he acknowledges his actions.)

Garvis: That boy is a rare case. A rare combination of strength and smarts. Most importantly, he has a voice that makes others want to listen. Someday he might be able to make a difference in this corrupted country of ours. May the gods be with him.

(A voice echoes)

"Move forward, move forward, move forward"

Elaina: "Huh? That voice? It's Lionel! he has to be close". "His voice keeps echoing louder and louder. I can sense his aura." "Don't worry, Lionel just hang on a little longer."

(Elaina notices a school, in the far distance)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.8K 362 96
Hello fellow readers and writers! The concept of this book that I and writing is if the zodiac signs went into the anime universe, which characters w...
234 6 10
The seven deadly sins(No,not the anime guys) escape from the infernal regions and attack the Zodiac signs in an effort to bring about the destruction...
336 26 18
Just when they thought they were finished a new problem rises as The Callie they know got some upgrades, she has been with Odin for 6 earth months, f...
73.5K 1.9K 37
"Hey, take my hand?" The boy asked, pushing his hair out of his face. "We'll make it, I swear." "Woah, Livin' on a prayer." The girl smiled, taking i...