A Real Mother

By DiamondAuthority43

Takes place a few months after The Trial. So Steven doesn't know he has Pink Diamonds gem yet. What if Blue... More

Prologue
CH 1 Coming to Earth
Ch 2 Taking him away
CH 3 Homeworld
Ch 4 The Broken Pearl
Changes (not a chapter)
Ch 5 Fixing a Broken Pearl
Ch 6 Who he is
We made it! (Not A Chapter)
Ch 7 Time with Yellow
Ch 8 Betrayal
Ch 9 A cry for help
Ch 11 Paragon (Finale)

Ch 10 Black Diamond

4.3K 93 54
By DiamondAuthority43

A/N: IT'S DONE!!! IT'S FINALLY DONE!!! I HAVE FINALLY DONE IT!!! Also... You get a boot to the head *smack*.

Steven couldn't believe what he was hearing from Black Diamond. The Diamonds- his family trapped her down in the core of Homeworld. He put his hands on his head, he didn't know what to think anymore. Once he figures out one thing, something else pops up that he doesn't understand.

The boy shook his head getting himself together. He wasn't going to believe her, he couldn't believe her.

'The Diamonds wouldn't do something like this... Would they?'  He thought to himself trying to rationalize it.

"Wh-what proof do you have that it was the Diamonds that put you in the core?" He asked. Steven prayed to every god and devil there was that she was wrong and it was someone else.

Black sighed sadly. "Very well." With a wave of her hand smoke came out of her hand and swirled in front of Steven. The smoke stopped swirling and revealed Black Diamond with his Diamond family.

His eyes widened. "Wh-what is this?"

"This is one of my memories... This is the day they trapped me down in the core."

Steven stared into the cloud of smoke and watched the memory play out before him.

Black's memory POV

"Why are we heading to the core sister's?"  I asked confused as to why were heading to the core.

White eyed me for a second then looked back in front of her. "Yellow, can you enlighten Black on why we are going to the core."

A hand on my shoulder grabs my attention as I turn to see Yellow beside me.

"We're heading to the core because White believes that it is becoming unstable and she needs all four of us to fix it before it goes critical." Yellow told me. 

That is very bad. If we don't do something then all of Homeworld will wiped out of existence!

"That's terrible. We need to hurry before it gets any worse!" I was beginning to panic and my sisters saw this.

"Don't worry Black, we will fix the core and everything will be okay." Blue gave me a reassuring smile.

"You're right Blue."

The four of us made it to the core and what struck me as odd was that it looked perfectly fine. There wasn't anything wrong with it. Maybe White was wrong.

I walked up closer to the core and inspected it. I then turned around to my fellow sisters with a raised brow.

"Umm, there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the core sisters. I think you might have been wrong Whi-"

I was cut off by electricity hitting my body. I screamed as I fell to the ground in pain holding my chest. I looked up to see that it was Yellow that hit me. Tears threatened to fall as I stared up to my sisters who were smirking. 

"Yellow... Why?" I asked with a look of betrayal. Why would Yellow hurt me and why aren't the others doing something?

I look to my left and see Blue move her hand in the air in an arc in front of her using her energy manipulation and sending the orbs of energy right at me.

I start to cry as I raise my fist into the air and slam it into the ground, encasing myself in a black shield before Blue's power hit me.

"Oh come now Darklight, stop resisting."

I look up at White and saw an eerie smile on her face. Her eyes glowed and she shot my shield with her power, shattering it and causing me to fall back from the force.

"AHHHHH!" I screamed in pain, "Why are you doing this to me!?" I pleaded through tears.

All three of them laughed and smirked.

"Isn't it obvious! With you gone the three of us get to rule Homeworld!" Yellow spat at me.

My eyes widened at this revelation. White, Yellow, and Blue are power hungry and are willing to do anything if it means they get to have that power. Even if it means killing me. I have to stop them.

I struggle to get up but after a bit I was able to stand, albeit in pain. 

"I can't allow you to take leadership of Homeworld. If I have to fight you then so be it. Just know that I'm sorry for what I have to do to you." 

I close my eyes as I let a tear fall and snap my fingers. The shadows around us start to bend and distort around us. I lift my hand up in front of me and the shadows start to rise. My eyes shoot open as tears fall from my eyes like a waterfall. "I'M SORRY!!!" I yell in a pained voice as I thrust my hand forward, pointing at my sisters. 

The shadows fly towards my sisters at great speeds and just about when they reach them I see White smirk and raise her hand in front of her as a bright light emits from her gem, dispelling the shadows around them.

I was stunned to see how easily White destroyed my shadows. I guess i'll have to do something else. I snap my fingers again and the shadows around me lift off the ground and swirl together. The shadow stops swirling and morphs into three corrupted shadow gem beasts.

"Go! Take them down!" I order them.

The beasts growl and leap towards my sisters with great speed. White smirks again and the same white light dispels them.

How is White so easily defeating my shadows? Has she always been this strong? No. I can't let them beat me, it will be the end of Homeworld if they were to take control of it.

I try to use my power once more but I'm hit by Blue's energy manipulation, knocking me to the ground. Yellow steps forward and uses her light destabilization, which causes me to scream in pain and to weaken me even further.

I could no longer get up as I weakly lay on the ground just staring at my former sisters. Their gems start to glow and my eyes widen at what their going to do. They raise their hands to me and a beam of yellow, blue and white emits from them, hitting me.

"AHHHHH!! No! Stop this! Please!" I try and plead to them. They don't listen to me as they lift their arms up and my body goes with it lifting me into the air. I start moving backwards and see that I'm being placed into the core. 

The memory ends and Steven's eyes are wide as tears fall.

"You see Steven, the Diamonds are not what they say they are. I once ruled Homeworld solely by myself, but my sisters didn't like that they didn't have any power. So they sealed me away in the core of Homeworld and took leadership of it."

"I-I-I don't know what to say. I-I'm sorry this happened to you. I can't believe that my family would do this to you." Steven said downcast as he continued to cry. "Is there anything I can do to help you?"

Black smiled at the boy, "You really are kind-hearted, Steven. Yes, there is a way to release me. You must find your way to the core of Homeworld and give me some of your power. With it I will be able to break free from my prison."

"How do I reach the core?"

Black frowned in sadness. "That I do not know, Steven. It has been so long since I've been trapped here that I forgot how to get here. Forgive me Steven."

"No no, it's alright. I think I know just the person who can help me."

The area around them began to shake and destabilize. "I'm waking up! I'll see you later Black."

"Wait! Before you go, remember, be careful around the Diamonds!"

Steven jolted up awake in his bed and saw everyone around his bed looking at him with worry. Pearl lunged at him and pulled him to a hug as she cried.

"Oh Steven, I'm so sorry for everything!"

The boy was caught off guard by the hug but put his hands around Pearl and hugged her back. "I-I forgive you, Pearl." Pearl smiled and hugged tighter. Steven turned his to Garnet and smiled. "I forgive you too, Garnet." Garnet hugged Steven with a smile as tears fell from her three eyes.

After awhile the three of them broke apart and Steven saw everyone still look at him with worry.

"Don't worry everyone, I'm fine." He tried to reassure them.

"Dude, you were crying in your sleep. What was that all about?" Amethyst said.

Was he really crying in his sleep? Steven's eyes widened as he remembered the promise he made to Black. He reached into his pocket and pulled out his communicator.

"Sorry if I worried you guys. What I'm about to tell you can not leave this room. Understood. If I have to make this a Diamond order than I will. This is serious." He spoke seriously to everyone. They all nodded slowly to Steven and he told them everything that happened when he was asleep. 

When he finished he looked at everyone and saw their eyes were wide and their mouths were open slightly. The first to speak up after a while was Lapis.

"I can't believe the Diamonds would do something like that. I mean, what they did before was bad, but that, that's just cruel."

Steven looked down sadly. "I know. That's what I thought when Black showed me her memory. She said that she forgot the way to the core and we clearly can't go to my Diamond moms either. I'm hoping the person that I'm calling has someone that knows their way to the core."

"And who do you think that will be?" Peridot asked.

Steven tossed his communicator in the air and caught it when it came back down.

"Lars and the off colors."

The_Diamond_Hybrid

XxDiamond_GodxX

Crystal_Diamond1

Iridescent_Diamond1

serena1890

The_Lovely_Starlight

Arekkusu_777

-Wolf_Moon-

___Faded___

_FellowWeirdo_

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111K 2.4K 58
What would happen if instead of being raised by the crystal gems, Steven was instead raised by the Diamonds? The Diamonds are near powerless, a fract...
12.4K 646 51
Peridot is a nerd and one day is saved by a mysterious bluenette. What will happen after Peridot becomes friends with this blue beauty? I do not own...
47.1K 374 10
Steven's hometown has become fun and peaceful ever since the events at Homeworld with White Diamond. But time has passed surprisingly quick, going by...
34.6K 738 14
It was tough work healing all of Beach City. From the land to the settlements, all that was wrecked has now been rebuilt stronger and better than eve...